Baptism in Jesus’ Name?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God; not 1/3 of God (Colossians 2:9).

I've never said Jesus is not God. What I've said was that there are three distinct persons in the Godhead, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, and NOT three gods

If you want to be technical then God should always be "YHWH" or "Jehovah" which is a uniplural word for the "Godhead" that is, three distinct persons subsisting in ONE God.

To God Be The Glory

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just can't understand why people refuse to believe that Jesus has already paid for their sins on the cross and that the gospel of grace says they only have to have faith in His work to be saved. But I do see that religious people take pride in their religious works.

Why can't people see that when God brought His people out of Egypt they did nothing to part the waters. They didn't do anything. They didn't dress in fine linen, dance around shouting "waters part."" God did it all. He parted the water. Today mankind can do nothing to save themselves. God has done it all and people must have faith in what He did. Not in what they do.

IMHO, most people place their religions above what God has done and take pride in what they do. That is what Cain did.

Reactions: Helen

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, us gentiles were added to the same body. And Cornelius was baptized in the name of Jesus.

Not the same body. No one taught that those under grace are part of the same body as Christ. Only Paul taught we are His Body. As long as you insist that we become Israel you will always be wrong.

The Jews and the Jewish Proselytes (Cornelius) were under the law of Moses and that included a water washing. Today, those under grace , are saved by the work of Jesus on the cross and not by the works of religion and the law. You seem to forget what happened in Acts 15 between the Jewish believers and Paul. James said Paul's convert did not have to keep the law of Moses but he never said the Jews didn't have to. I see that in Acts 21;20 how EXCITED the Jews were about the law.

D

Dave L

Not the same body. No one taught that those under grace are part of the same body as Christ. Only Paul taught we are His Body. As long as you insist that we become Israel you will always be wrong.

The Jews and the Jewish Proselytes (Cornelius) were under the law of Moses and that included a water washing. Today, those under grace , are saved by the work of Jesus on the cross and not by the works of religion and the law. You seem to forget what happened in Acts 15 between the Jewish believers and Paul. James said Paul's convert did not have to keep the law of Moses but he never said the Jews didn't have to. I see that in Acts 21;20 how EXCITED the Jews were about the law.
Circumcision made one a physical Jew and physical member of Israel. When Christ abolished circumcision, all physical Jews after those last authentically circumcised, became gentiles. Only believers in Christ remained Israel.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Circumcision made one a physical Jew and physical member of Israel. When Christ abolished circumcision, all physical Jews after those last authentically circumcised, became gentiles. Only believers in Christ remained Israel.

I am truly sorry that you see it as you do.

Israel has a future on this earth. Jesus will set up the promised Kingdom on this earth. It will be a Jewish kingdom. The body of Christ, those that are saved under grace are in heaven and will always be there. They are a part of Him and not subjects as are the Jews which are His people.

But it is obvious to me that you will not see anything other than what suits your religious mind.

My work is to preach the wonderful gift that Jesus gave to mankind. I preach His work on the cross, not man's works as you do.

Reactions: charity
D

Dave L

I am truly sorry that you see it as you do.

Israel has a future on this earth. Jesus will set up the promised Kingdom on this earth. It will be a Jewish kingdom. The body of Christ, those that are saved under grace are in heaven and will always be there. They are a part of Him and not subjects as are the Jews which are His people.

But it is obvious to me that you will not see anything other than what suits your religious mind.

My work is to preach the wonderful gift that Jesus gave to mankind. I preach His work on the cross, not man's works as you do.
There is no physical kingdom of the future on earth. It is here now. But only the born again can see it. Jesus says it comes without observation. It is not of this world. And Paul says, all of the promises are yes in Jesus. This means the apostate Jews haven't any claim to Abraham's promise. Only those who accept Christ are biblical Israel.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just can't understand why people refuse to believe that Jesus has already paid for their sins on the cross and that the gospel of grace says they only have to have faith in His work to be saved. But I do see that religious people take pride in their religious works.

Why can't people see that when God brought His people out of Egypt they did nothing to part the waters. They didn't do anything. They didn't dress in fine linen, dance around shouting "waters part."" God did it all. He parted the water. Today mankind can do nothing to save themselves. God has done it all and people must have faith in what He did. Not in what they do.

IMHO, most people place their religions above what God has done and take pride in what they do. That is what Cain did.
God told Moses to raise his staff and told Moses to part the waters--read it in Exodus 14:16.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God told Moses to raise his staff and told Moses to part the waters--read it in Exodus 14:16.

So you think Moses raising his staff is a religious ritual work. Do you have a staff that you can raise? The cross is our staff and then Jesus paid for the sins of all mankind.

OH, I get it. those staffs that have a graven image on them that the religious people carry around are their staff, right??

What a joke!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think Moses raising his staff is a religious ritual work. Do you have a staff that you can raise? The cross is our staff and then Jesus paid for the sins of all mankind.

OH, I get it. those staffs that have a graven image on them that the religious people carry around are their staff, right??

What a joke!
I was merely pointing out what the scripture says, and was not trying to make any point by it.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no physical kingdom of the future on earth. It is here now. But only the born again can see it. Jesus says it comes without observation. It is not of this world. And Paul says, all of the promises are yes in Jesus. This means the apostate Jews haven't any claim to Abraham's promise. Only those who accept Christ are biblical Israel.

No they are not. They are the body of Christ.

So you are saying that all the promises made to Israel are now made to the Gentiles.

D

Dave L

So you are saying that all the promises made to Israel are now made to the Gentiles.
No, The broken off Jews are gentiles. And believers are Israel.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Well, exactly. By definition it's believers' baptism: in Scripture they were baptised because they were believers, not baptised in order supposedly to become believers.
believer in what?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, exactly. By definition it's believers' baptism: in Scripture they were baptised because they were believers, not baptised in order supposedly to become believers.
However, while belief and repentance comes first, it should be evident from Acts 2:38-39 that baptism in Jesus' name is for the remission of sins. That means that, as cancer is put into remission by chemotherapy, our sins are put into remission through the blood of Jesus (and that this is definite when we submit to baptism in Jesus' name), so that they are no longer a threat to our physical body (or soul).

And I am also aware of how some Bible teachers try to change God's word to make it say something else by appealing to the original Greek rendition of the words. I suspect that there are some people who even lie about what the Greek word means just so that they can make their point; although I think there might be eternal consequences for doing such a thing. Nevertheless for some people, winning an argument is more important than eternity in heaven, BELIEVE IT OR NOT. I think that so many people presume that there won't be a judgment for lying since the blood of Jesus was shed for them; and they understand that God is a forgiver of iniquity. What they don't understand is that Jesus' blood not only justifies, it sanctifies: and I personally have serious doubts about whether it can do one thing without also doing the other.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Nothing outside of Christ Jesus has any value as to God
Jesus was the one who came that Holy Moses said of.
Jesus was in the beginning and will be to the end.
Any nonsense that is not to do with Jesus Christ is just worthless, Jesus is the Vine or the Roots and is the Tree Of Israel, anyone who stands outside of Jesus is just a dingbat lead by Satan.

Why are so called Christians now idolising so called Jews ?

Who are the Jews, are they a Race well fact is they are not a Race at all and that's a fact.

True Jews are OT believers end of story. all worthy of being called Jews must follow the OT that is all the books that we have in our Bible.

The people who call themselves Jews does not make them Jews truly at all, no more than some Christians who make claims they are Christians and that's Biblical fact, that Jesus pointed out, not all who come to him saying lord lord, he says he never knew them, well it's the same with the Jews all through history that were of the same ilk and remember the reason why the tribe of Israel failed ? it was due to they who crept in unawares, remember that ? remember the Golden Calf mob who tried to kill Holy Moses and all, does one understand the concept of this workings going on undermining the People of God, one can see this is just the Serpent powers at work, not to mention the books of the Talmud, now I find it amazing that the Rot and total filth like the Talmud is not exposed for what it truly is, are the worlds people that ignorant or just totally stupid to take such a kike under it's wing and claim that this Satanic whore is Jewish, fact is that Holy Moses identified them as the work of Satan and Jesus Christ did as well. they were murders from the beginning ! they murdered all the Prophets and they murdered Jesus for crying out loud. Anyone who can not see that is not a true Christian and a true Jew can see it for what it is as well if they truly look to Holy Moses.

Anyone who adds to the Bible is doing the work of Satan, same with the OT, the Talmud books are added to the OT and only the OT is of any true worth as to God.
The Talmud is a working of mans works not to mention totally depraved Satanic madness, it's evil is beyond anything ever in the history of the world, yet the world is to stupid to know, I find it hard to believe that the Popes have not condemned such books let alone every Christian denomination, why hide the facts about such total evil, I ask.

Such people claim to be of Israel but the fact is they are not truly Jews at all and we have true Jews who are the greatest devout scholars of the OT in the world who have been pointing this out for years.

The world listen to kikes who claim to be Zionist but the fact is, they are not Biblical Zion at all and the true Jews say this is a fact.

Reactions: Dave L