Baptism In Whose Name?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ami

Sep 3, 2007
Hi All,I have read in Matt. Jesus told his disciples to baptize people in the name of the father, the son and the holly spirit? And in Acts Paul was baptizing in Jesus name? I believe that the name of Jesus is the only name given to us to be saved. The name is powerful. The sick are healed by this name; demons are cast out by this name. There fore in whose name should I get baptized? In the name of the father, the son and the holly spirit or in Jesus name? Ami

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (ami @ Mar 21 2009, 03:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71130
Hi All,I have read in Matt. Jesus told his disciples to baptize people in the name of the father, the son and the holly spirit? And in Acts Paul was baptizing in Jesus name? I believe that the name of Jesus is the only name given to us to be saved. The name is powerful. The sick are healed by this name; demons are cast out by this name. There fore in whose name should I get baptized? In the name of the father, the son and the holly spirit or in Jesus name? Ami
Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
Romans 10:8 What does it say? The WORD is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9.) If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that the Father raised him from the dead, YOU WILL BE SAVED. 10.) For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with you mouth that you confess and are saved. Romans 10:11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him "WILL NEVER BE PUT TO SHAME."In Christ's words of lifeVickie

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
It's all in the etymology of the name Jesus. Look "Jesus" up in your Strong's. Be sure to check the Hebrew origin. I could do it for you but then you wouldn't learn.