Baptism is it required?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(thesuperjag;54081)
Are you going to continuing twisting scripture or do you rather want to His Word? That water you are referring to, doesn't exist in John 3:5-7.
I gave you scipture to back up the meaning of John 3: 5. Which means "Being born of the word and the Spirit" .John 15: 3. Ephesians 5: 26. You check it out yourself.Here's another one, 1 Peter 1: 22-23.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(Latter-day Saint;54116)
I agree with TallMan on most points, though I am not sure about the gift of tongues being in John 3:8.Baptism is indeed required for salvation. In John 3:3, Jesus speaks of being born again. In verse 4, Nicodemus asks how to do it. Verse 5 is Jesus' instructions on how to be born again. It takes being born of water (baptism by immersion for the remission of sins) and being born of the Spirit (the laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost).Obedience is required for us to receive salvation. We take part in the atonement of Jesus Christ by following Him. If Jesus was baptized "to fulfill all righteousness" (Matthew 3:15), ought we not also be baptized to fulfill righteousness, that is, to partake in the salvation Jesus offers? We should obey God's commandments. The commandment to be perfect in Matthew 5:48 just takes longer than the rest of the commandments.To interpret John 3:5 by saying that being born of water is our physical birth is a stretch to me. I think it would be more accurate to say that our physical birth is being born of blood, or born of flesh, and Jesus would have said so if He meant physical birth. Water refers to baptism by immersion.Mark 16:16 is a more explicit expression of the requirement of baptism. "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved." That is pretty straightforward. Belief and baptism are required for salvation.That baptism is required for salvation raises questions like "What about all the good people in the world that don't have the opportunity to be baptized? Is God just to condemn young children that have not received baptism before dying?" These questions, for me, are answered in part by 1 Corinthians 15:29, in which Paul speaks of those that are "baptized for the dead." It is possible for those that do not have the opportunity to be baptized in this life to have baptism done for them by those living now on earth.
[1] If water baptism is requirered for salvation, Then God, Jesus, Peter and Paul all got it wrong.[2] Paul wasn't making a doctine of "Baptising for the dead". He was only stating "If there is no ressurection why do you baptise for the dead". A group of people were doing that act, But it is not a Bible doctrine. You cannot make a doctrine from one scripture, the Bible says, "Two or three witnesses".

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(winsome;54133)
John 3:3-53. Jesus answered him, “Very truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above.”4. Nicodemus said to him, “How can anyone be born after having grown old? Can one enter a second time into the mother’s womb and be born?”5. Jesus answered, “Very truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. This text is set between John the Baptist baptising with water, and Jesus and his disciples baptising with water. Jesus clearly says you must be born of water and Spirit. I have consulted many translations and all say water and Spirit. And we can see this in the scriptures:philip baptises a eunuch in Acts 8:36-38 “As they were going along the road, they came to some water; and the eunuch said, ‘Look, here is water! What is to prevent me from being baptised?’ He commanded the chariot to stop, and both of them, Philip and the eunuch, went down into the water, and Philip baptised him.” Paul experienced baptism with water. Paul is baptised in Acts 9:18 after receiving back his sight. But note that when he recalled this in Acts 22, Paul says that Ananias said to him “And now why do you delay? Get up, be baptised, and have your sins washed away, calling on his name.’” (Acts 22:16). This clearly a reference to baptism with water.Moreover consider the following: “Do you not know that all of us who have been baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death? Therefore we have been buried with him by baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.” (Rom 6:3-4). Paul here is referring to the practice of baptism by descending into a pool of water.Also Paul says “But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.” (1Cor 6:11)All indicate that baptism with water was practiced.We can also see this in other documents of the early Church For example:"Regarding baptism, baptise thus. After giving the forgoing instructions, "Baptise in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit in running water. But if you have no running water, baptise in any other..." Didache – (1st century AD)“’I have heard sir, said I [to the Shepherd], ‘from some teacher, that there is no other repentance except that which took place when we went down into the water and obtained the remission of our former sins.’ He said to me. ‘You have heard rightly, for so it is.’” The Shepherd 4:3:1 (AD 80)"As many as are persuaded and believe that what we [Christians] teach and say is true, and undertake to be able to live accordingly, and instructed to pray and to entreat God with fasting, for the remission of their sins that are past, we pray and fast with them. Then they are brought by us where there is water and are regenerated in the same manner in which we were ourselves regenerated. For, in the name of God, the Father . . . and of our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Spirit [Matt. 28:19], they then receive the washing with water. For Christ also said, ‘Unless you are born again, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven’” [John 3:3]" Justin Martyr First Apology 61 (A.D. 151).
A Lot of those scriptures that you quoted were not talking about water baptism. But the Spiritual baptism into the body of Christ.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(Aquila;54135)
Ephesians mentions "one baptism":Ephesians 4:5 - One Lord, one faith, one baptism,Many use this verse in an attempt to pitch water baptism against spirit baptism. I don't believe that's possible. There are two facets to one person. A man is both physical and spiritual. We have body and spirit yet we are one whole. I believe the "one baptism" has two components water & Spirit. And these two elements of baptism are essential elements of the one baptism. If one isn't water baptized or is water baptized but not Spirit baptized...they have yet to fully experience the "one baptism".
The "One baptism" That Ephesians Speaks of, is, The rebirth, being born again. The Spiritual baptism into the body of Christ 1 Corinthians 12: 13.Ephesians 4: 5 mentions, "One baptism" but Hebrews 6: 2, Mentions "The doctrine of baptisms" Plural, why, because there are three baptisms.[1] Spiritual, The rebirth.[2] Baptism in water, An outward sign of an [already] inward experience.[3]The Baptism in the Holy Ghost, a seperate experience to the rebirth.

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(Alanforchrist;54325)
A Lot of those scriptures that you quoted were not talking about water baptism. But the Spiritual baptism into the body of Christ.
No, baptism with water, which is the baptism into the body of Christ.

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(Alanforchrist;54326)
The "One baptism" That Ephesians Speaks of, is, The rebirth, being born again. The Spiritual baptism into the body of Christ 1 Corinthians 12: 13.Ephesians 4: 5 mentions, "One baptism" but Hebrews 6: 2, Mentions "The doctrine of baptisms" Plural, why, because there are three baptisms.[1] Spiritual, The rebirth.[2] Baptism in water, An outward sign of an [already] inward experience.[3]The Baptism in the Holy Ghost, a seperate experience to the rebirth.
Four baptisms - you have forgotten the baptism with bloodBut Jesus said to them, “You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?” (Mt 10:38)Any advance on four?Actually there is only one true baptism - with water. This is the outward sign of the inward experience - your nos 1 and 2. This is the baptism Paul was talking about.The other are only metaphors, using the baptism that everyone knew, and had experienced, to explain something unknown and unexperienced.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(watt;54263)
in The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God LovePlease... 95% Of Those Who Are In This Site Have No Holy Spirit Because The Baptism Is Not Valid.You Guys Dont Follow What Jesus Say... What You Did You Follow Man Instruction And That Man Is Dead To You.... So How Can The Dead Give You The Truth, Life, And The Holy Spirit. .May God Forgive All Our Sin.AmenFrom Watt
As far as I'm concerned, you are reprobate concerning these things. You are highly deceived... but, we all have free will. You don't know what you speak of, and you talk in complete ignorance when you say 95% of the people on this site... You are proud, and ignorant. If nothing else, it is for things like this, people like you need banned. And, I'm not one to go banning people, but at this point, you are as good as an unbeliever and should be treated as one, because you have equal the decernment. I'm not a moderator, so do not misunderstand me... but that is my judgment, and if it were up to me, you'd be gone. These are no longer matters of disagreements... this is denominational brainwashing, pride, and ignorance at it's finest. But, that alone is not enough... you are also reprobate, and highly deceived. I don't feel there is any turning you at this point in time, from where you are in your false doctrines.Either 95% of us are wrong (as you say)... or 95% of us are right and you are wrong. Take your pick (obviously you already have), which goes to show you just how brainwashed and willfully deceived you have become.I am ignoring your posts from here on out, and I would encourage other to do the same. You have proven that you don't have the Spirit of God behind you, and you will only further cause division. As far as I am concerned, any future posts you make don't exist.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Alpha and Omega;54288)
This includes you!Stop calling others out when you do not even understand the word of God. Matthew 7:26 26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:Luke 6:4646 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Amen.

watt

Jun 21, 2008
IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF TH4E HOLY SPIRITHERE I AM AGAIN TO SHARE THE TRUTH OF GOD LOVE(treeoflife;54330)
as Far As I'm Concerned, You Are Reprobate Concerning These Things. You Are Highly Deceived... But, We All Have Free Will. You Don't Know What You Speak Of, And You Talk In Complete Ignorance When You Say 95% Of The People On This Site... You Are Proud, And Ignorant. If Nothing Else, It Is For Things Like This, People Like You Need Banned. And, I'm Not One To Go Banning People, But At This Point, You Are As Good As An Unbeliever And Should Be Treated As One, Because You Have Equal The Decernment. I'm Not A Moderator, So Do Not Misunderstand Me... But That Is My Judgment, And If It Were Up To Me, You'd Be Gone. These Are No Longer Matters Of Disagreements... This Is Denominational Brainwashing, Pride, And Ignorance At It's Finest. But, That Alone Is Not Enough... You Are Also Reprobate, And Highly Deceived. I Don't Feel There Is Any Turning You At This Point In Time, From Where You Are In Your False Doctrines.Either 95% Of Us Are Wrong (as You Say)... Or 95% Of Us Are Right And You Are Wrong. Take Your Pick (obviously You Already Have), Which Goes To Show You Just How Brainwashed And Willfully Deceived You Have Become.I Am Ignoring Your Posts From Here On Out, And I Would Encourage Other To Do The Same. You Have Proven That You Don't Have The Spirit Of God Behind You, And You Will Only Further Cause Division. As Far As I Am Concerned, Any Future Posts You Make Don't Exist.
sorry...no Point To Used Flesh. With Flesh We Are Against God Not Following God..Even How Good You Are To Quoted The Bible To Suit Your Desire ... No Way Jesus Give You The Salvation..We Must Obey GOD And Not To Change Any Of THE WORD OF GOD..You Guys Claimed The The Original Church Come Up With Man Doctrine...actually You Your Self Come Out With Flesh Doctrine...Skip THE WORD OF GOD, Did Not Believe What JESUS Says..jump to the disciple which you your self say they are already dead...but quoted their word...Flesh will ALWAYS make Christian very funny....This Is What JESUS Said :-"TRULY I SAY TO YOU, UNLESS ONE IS BORN AGAIN OF WATER AND SPIRIT HE CANNOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD"See!!! The Universal Church Follow Every Word Spoken By Jesus... But You Guys.. Will Jump To Those Who You Consider Already Dead And Simply Quote Their Word Witout allow The Holy Spirit Lead You. Please Repent And Follow JESUS.May God Forgive All Our SinAmenFrom Watt

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(watt;54414)
We Must Obey GOD And Not To Change Any Of THE WORD OF GOD..
Catholic Church did this. Countless new Bible versions. Why? Sounds to me like they do not obey God by changing his word.(watt;54414)
This Is What JESUS Said :-"TRULY I SAY TO YOU, UNLESS ONE IS BORN AGAIN OF WATER AND SPIRIT HE CANNOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD"
Yes he did indeed and it was already explained to you what this means but you choose to ignore it. (watt;54414)
See!!! The Universal Church Follow Every Word Spoken By Jesus... But You Guys.. Will Jump To Those Who You Consider Already Dead And Simply Quote Their Word Witout allow The Holy Spirit Lead You.
Explain to me why the Catholic church baptizes close to birth? hmmm Jesus was Baptized in his 30's. Looks like the church used flesh there and did not follow Jesus. (watt;54414)
Please Repent And Follow JESUS.
Speak for yourselfLuke 21:8And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, [and commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.Tell me watt what does this verse mean to you? To me it means this. It sounds like your church forbids their priest to marry and forbids to eat meat on certain occasions. Now see this these are not my flesh talking. As you can see at the beginning of the verse it says "Spirit speaketh expressly" Now see what the spirit of God says people that do this are following doctrines of devils not God. Those that know the truth receive these gifts with thanksgiving from God. Now if you tell me that this is my flesh when this verse reads "Spirit speaketh expressly" I will not read your lies anymore. I (or anyone) cannot help you if you choose to ignore the Holy Spirit. So honestly just leave if you are going to say this is my flesh because we get it and do not want your help let us burn in hell in peace.

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(Alpha and Omega;54481)
Catholic Church did this. Countless new Bible versions. Why? Sounds to me like they do not obey God by changing his word.
Can you explain this comment. What new Bible versions?

watt

Jun 21, 2008
in The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love(alpha And Omega;54481)
catholic Church Did This. Countless New Bible Versions. Why? Sounds To Me Like They Do Not Obey God By Changing His Word.sorry...it Look Like You Did Not Read My Post And Did Not Understand It. Then You Have To Answer Our Friend 'winsome'Yes He Did Indeed And It Was Already Explained To You What This Means But You Choose To Ignore It. oh..oh...jesus Is Spoken To You Not Me. Then You Have To Ask Jesus Why. Jesus Know Everything In My Heart, In Your Heart And For He Is God Nothing Is Impossible.Explain To Me Why The Catholic Church Baptizes Close To Birth? Hmmm Jesus Was Baptized In His 30's. Looks Like The Church Used Flesh There And Did Not Follow Jesus. Alright I Ask You A Question Why The Baby Jesus Was Presented In The Temple?? The Answer Is The Same ... That Is Exactly What The Universal Church Is Doing. Speak For Yourselfyes I Am...but I Speak With Love Of Christ.. As I Said :"please Repent And Follow Jesus" Why I Say That... Because I See The Truth In Everybody Here. So I Have To Tell The Truth.. For The Truth Will Set You Free....Luke 21:8And He Said, Take Heed That Ye Be Not Deceived: For Many Shall Come In My Name, Saying, I Am [christ]; And The Time Draweth Near: Go Ye Not Therefore After Them.oh Yes...in The Universal Church Nobody Ever Say "i Am Jesus" Or "i Am The Christ"...But God Is Good All The Time....jesus Is God-with-us "the Emmanuel"1 Timothy 4:1Now The spirit Speaketh Expressly, That In The latter Times Some shall Depart From The Faith, Giving Heed To Seducing Spirits, And doctrines Of Devils; Speaking lies In Hypocrisy; Having Their Conscience Seared With A Hot Iron; forbidding To Marry, [and Commanding] to Abstain From Meats, Which god Hath Created To Be Received With Thanksgiving Of Them Which Believe And Know The Truth.Tell Me Watt What Does This Verse Mean To You? ok... Actually This Is What The Holy Spirit Revealed To St. Paul What Is Happening At That Time.the Holy Spirit Revealed The Status Of The People Faith. It Nothing To Do With Mother Mary Or The Universal Church At All....only Those Who Are Not Born Again Will Have The Same Idea With You.To Me It Means This. It Sas You Can See At The Beginning Of The Verse It Says "spirit Speaketh Expressly" Now See What The Spirit Of God Says People That Do This Are Following Doctrines Of Devils Not God. Those That Know The Truth Receive These Gifts With Thanksgiving From God. Now If You Tell Me That This Is My Flesh When This Verse Reads "spirit Speaketh Expressly" I Will Not Read Your Lies Anymore. I (or Anyone) Cannot Help You If You Choose To Ignore The Holy Spirit. So Honestly Just Leave If You Are Going To Say This Is My Flesh Because We Get It And Do Not Want Your Help Let Us Burn In Hell In Peace.sorry... You Dont Have The Holy Spirit...you Are Still Using Your Own Ways Of Thinking And Lean On Your Own Understanding Which So Called "flesh".As Jesus Said:-" Truly I Say To You, Unless One Is Born Again Of Water And Spirit He Cannot Enter The Kingdom Of God"Therefore My Friend...please Look For Those Who Have The Authority In Heaven And On Earth To Baptise You "in The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy Spirit"... Then Only Your Baptism Will Be Valid In The Eyes Of God.
may God BlessAmenFrom Watt

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(watt;54509)
ok... Actually This Is What The Holy Spirit Revealed To St. Paul What Is Happening At That Time.the Holy Spirit Revealed The Status Of The People Faith. It Nothing To Do With Mother Mary Or The Universal Church At All....only Those Who Are Not Born Again Will Have The Same Idea With You.
He revealed it to Paul and it is still happening to this day!(watt;54509)
Therefore My Friend...please Look For Those Who Have The Authority In Heaven And On Earth To Baptise You "in The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy Spirit"... Then Only Your Baptism Will Be Valid In The Eyes Of God
Let's just get one thing straight. Unless Jesus himself says in the Bible that the universal church is the Catholic one then I will never turn to them (I'll save you the suspense he doesn't). Furthermore, you think Jesus would leave his people to a religion? Do you not think that the universal church is immune to corruption? Are you really that naive? Ha authority to do what? You think I am going to go to a potentially homosexual priest to get baptized. I think not! God never gave them authority to do anything but they seem to think they have it. You are in for a rude awakening one of these days friend.

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(winsome;54495)
Well we look at the King James version and it has never been revised. It has been edited however. But this does not mean that words were changed it simply means spelling errors have been corrected. However the Catholic church has had many Bibles and many revisions throughout its history. I am specifically talking about the English versions here. Revisions meaning changing of words, omitting words altogether or adding words. That is just a very short description of the Catholic (corrupted) Bible.Furthermore, the publisher of the Catholic Bible ZONDERVAN who is owned by Harper Collins who publishes The joy of gay sex and the Satanic BibleJesus said that a corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit. There is NO WAY that the Satanic bible can live in harmony with God's Word. There is NO WAY that God would preserve His word (as He promised in Psalm 12:6-8) through a company which also sells a book on how to have enjoyable gay sex. It's sickening in the name of decency. They also publish the King James version but the King James version has no copyrights so anyone can publish this Bible.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Alpha and Omega;54529)
(winsome;54495)
Well we look at the King James version and it has never been revised. It has been edited however. But this does not mean that words were changed it simply means spelling errors have been corrected. However the Catholic church has had many Bibles and many revisions throughout its history. I am specifically talking about the English versions here. Revisions meaning changing of words, omitting words altogether or adding words. That is just a very short description of the Catholic (corrupted) Bible.Furthermore, the publisher of the Catholic Bible ZONDERVAN who is owned by Harper Collins who publishes The joy of gay sex and the Satanic BibleJesus said that a corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit. There is NO WAY that the Satanic bible can live in harmony with God's Word. There is NO WAY that God would preserve His word (as He promised in Psalm 12:6-8) through a company which also sells a book on how to have enjoyable gay sex. It's sickening in the name of decency. They also publish the King James version but the King James version has no copyrights so anyone can publish this Bible.Since the KJV was originally from England...in those days, the spelling was obviously old British English language...But today in America, we have American KJV. Like you said, nothing was changed...Just the editting of the spelling for American people.
smile.gif
But honestly, it's been around for almost 400 years.BTW Alpha, that's a great post you made.

watt

Jun 21, 2008
In The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love(alpha And Omega;54528)
he Revealed It To Paul And It Is Still Happening To This Day!Oh Yes!! The Holy Spirit Revealed It To St Paul.. At That Time.With Flesh We Never Understand The Work Of The Holy Spirit. But You Relate It Wrongly.. You Related Its To Suit Your Own Desire. Therefore Original Message From God By The Work Of The Holy Spirit In This Verse Is Not There Anymore!! Let's Just Get One Thing Straight. Unless Jesus Himself Says In The Bible That The Universal Church Is The Catholic One Then I Will Never Turn To Them (i'll Save You The Suspense He Doesn't). Furthermore, You Think Jesus Would Leave His People To A Religion? Do You Not Think That The Universal Church Is Immune To Corruption? Are You Really That Naive? see!! The Your Soul Is Almost Overcome Your Flesh.. Without You Notice It!!Oh Yess.. I Am Was Totally Tranformed By Our Good Lord To Be His "little Children"....praise The The Lord!!! Hahaha... God So Good All The Time. For The Kingdom Of God Belong The These(the Little Children)Ha Authority To Do What? You Think I Am Going To Go To A Potentially Homosexual Priest To Get Baptized. I Think Not! God Never Gave Them Authority To Do Anything But They Seem To Think They Have It. You Are In For A Rude Awakening One Of These Days Friend.Please.. This Is Totally From Flesh Again. God Did Not Say.. Because Of One Sinner.. The Church Will Collapse...no!Oh..oh Jesus Did Not Allow Us To Judge Any Body, And We Should Not Break The Greatest Commandment.We Must Love One Another As Jesus Loved Us... How??We Should Pray To God To Forgive All Those Who Commited Sin..and Call Upon God To Let His Kingdom Come And Let His Will Be Done Upon Him...this Is What Jesus Reminded All Of Us, How Jesus Teach Us How To Pray "lord Prayer"... And Also Must Call Upon God To Forgive Us As We Forgive Those Who Sin Again Us.See!!! Here The Truth...
May God BlessAmenFrom Watt

univac

May 29, 2008
Repentance leads to salvation, For this is the purpose Why Lord Jesus was incarnated.John who was Elijah spirit, is and was to set the path straight before the lord, with the message of repentance, using water as the symbolisation of cleansing oneself. Before anyone can receive the gift of the holy spirit one needs to be reconciled to receive the reconciliation (Christ Jesus) by the meaning (God)That’s why our lord walk onto John to demonstrate once reconciled (repented) you will receive the reconciliation. Once a person is cleansed by repenting against the Self with the help of the holy spirit only then will you receive the baptising of the holy spirit, which will reside within the temple of God in you forever as your helper.Thats why it is important to be broken through repentance.There is something quite remarkable about one who is broken.You are not only able to give help, but in the giving you also are helped. You ask a question, and in return and in answering it you are helped.You are praying with a sinner who is seeking the Lord, and again you are inwardly strengthened. You may be led to speak sternly with a brother or Sister who has slipped; not only are their spirit revived , but you are inwardly built up. We are able to receive help from every spiritual contact.This ability to receive help enables someone else’s spirit to touch by our spirit .This is proof that one is completely broken. Shining the lords holy spirit through us enables him to work and heal others. Lets bear fruit Amen.God blessLove brother

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(Alpha and Omega;54529)
Well we look at the King James version and it has never been revised. It has been edited however. But this does not mean that words were changed it simply means spelling errors have been corrected. However the Catholic church has had many Bibles and many revisions throughout its history. I am specifically talking about the English versions here. Revisions meaning changing of words, omitting words altogether or adding words. That is just a very short description of the Catholic (corrupted) Bible.Furthermore, the publisher of the Catholic Bible ZONDERVAN who is owned by Harper Collins who publishes The joy of gay sex and the Satanic BibleJesus said that a corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit. There is NO WAY that the Satanic bible can live in harmony with God's Word. There is NO WAY that God would preserve His word (as He promised in Psalm 12:6-8) through a company which also sells a book on how to have enjoyable gay sex. It's sickening in the name of decency. They also publish the King James version but the King James version has no copyrights so anyone can publish this Bible.
Alpha and OmegaI think you are mistaken here, but I would like you to say more about what you perceive as the many revisions and corruption of the text before I can give you a proper response.You have raised a serious matter and I would like to follow it up.Thankswinsome

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(Alpha and Omega;54529)
Furthermore, the publisher of the Catholic Bible ZONDERVAN who is owned by Harper Collins who publishes The joy of gay sex and the Satanic BibleJesus said that a corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit. There is NO WAY that the Satanic bible can live in harmony with God's Word. There is NO WAY that God would preserve His word (as He promised in Psalm 12:6-8) through a company which also sells a book on how to have enjoyable gay sex. It's sickening in the name of decency. They also publish the King James version but the King James version has no copyrights so anyone can publish this Bible.
IS this the same ZONDERVAN that publishes the KJV, NIV, NASB, NRSV and many other protestant Bibles?

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(winsome;54583)
IS this the same ZONDERVAN that publishes the KJV, NIV, NASB, NRSV and many other protestant Bibles?
Yes. However, the KJV has no copyrights therefore anyone can publish this Bible. There is no stopping Zondervan from publishing the KJV. Also the NIV is published only by Zondervan and they hold the rights to the NIV and no one else. I will give you a response in due time. Just let me research a little. But feel free to make the statement you wanted to make.