Baptized Into Christ, Rightly Divided Summary...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all due respect my friend you really need to go through and study what Baptism in the Name of Christ is what the true biblical teaching is on baptism in Christ name is.

Do you agree that Peter preached the true completed Gospel of Christ for the first time in Acts 2 where he opened the doors to the church for the very first time. There he preached the gospel and in that chapter it tells how souls were added to the church there you see the gospel preached and submitted to and God adding to the church. Go read Acts chapter 2 for in that one chapter it gives the gospel and how to respond and how God adds to the church it is all there in that one chapter then go and read Romans 6 and see why Paul says that the baptism in Christ name as Peter preached is important and its relation to salvation. Let the bible teach you not the preacher gor the preacher could be in error but Gods word is truth and life.

In Acts 2 Peter was addressing the “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem" when he told them to be baptized in the name of Jesus-- because they needed to repent of just having crucified Him.

To the contrary, after finishing with the house of Israel for which He first came, He announced to the remnant and to that "other fold" of the gentiles which He "must also bring", saying, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." No water baptism.

Which is not to say that water baptism should not be taught, certainly not. Because it still serves to teach by example the need for baptism by the Holy Spirit and the understanding that we are first born of water but also need to be born again of the spirit of God. But it is not the object lesson of water that is holy, but the actual subject which the water only imitates by parable example that is holy and required--which is the spirit of God. While the only thing actually required of water, is that we are first born of it, which is unto death, that we might also live unto God in Christ by the spirit.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all due respect my friend you really need to go through and study what Baptism in the Name of Christ is what the true biblical teaching is on baptism in Christ name is.

Do you agree that Peter preached the true completed Gospel of Christ for the first time in Acts 2 where he opened the doors to the church for the very first time. There he preached the gospel and in that chapter it tells how souls were added to the church there you see the gospel preached and submitted to and God adding to the church. Go read Acts chapter 2 for in that one chapter it gives the gospel and how to respond and how God adds to the church it is all there in that one chapter then go and read Romans 6 and see why Paul says that the baptism in Christ name as Peter preached is important and its relation to salvation. Let the bible teach you not the preacher gor the preacher could be in error but Gods word is truth and life.
From the Word of Truth, here is how souls are added to the Body of Christ:

a.) FATHER/SON = John 6: 44 - Jesus therefore answered and said to them, “Do not murmur among yourselves.
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

b.) HOLY SPIRIT John 3:7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

c.) WORD/TRUTH = Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

d.) FAITH/BELIEVE/DECLARE = “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

e.) Acts 2:47 = And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

Take special NOTICE of (a) and (e)

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a.) FATHER/SON = John 6: 44 - Jesus therefore answered and said to them, “Do not murmur among yourselves.
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
However, Jesus said, But if I be lifted up (that is, crucified) I will draw all men to myself. So something changed at the cross.

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, Jesus said, But if I be lifted up (that is, crucified) I will draw all men to myself. So something changed at the cross.

Much love!
Nothing changed.

The FATHER sends the HOLY SPIRIT to call out the BRIDE for HIS SON = see Genesis/Abraham

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing changed.

The FATHER sends the HOLY SPIRIT to call out the BRIDE for HIS SON = see Genesis/Abraham
Before the Cross, only those whom the Father would draw could come to Jesus, after the cross, Jesus draws all men to Himself. That, my friend, is change. Of course, before the cross, sins were only covered by sacrifice. At the cross, sins were removed. That is also different.

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before the Cross, only those whom the Father would draw could come to Jesus, after the cross, Jesus draws all men to Himself. That, my friend, is change. Of course, before the cross, sins were only covered by sacrifice. At the cross, sins were removed. That is also different.

Much love!
i disagree = SEE Genesis/Abraham/Servant/Rebecca

Throughout the Gospel and the entire scriptures we SEE that the Word/Jesus makes the same claims as His Father.

Example: John 5:17
For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”

Example: Revelation 5:13
“Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

Jesus made a declarative statement of fact detailing for us the Relationship and Unity of the FATHER/SON/HOLY SPIRIT

The FATHER is still calling and adding to the Bride of Christ = Revelation 22:17

And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the Word of Truth, here is how souls are added to the Body of Christ:

b.) HOLY SPIRIT John 3:7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

c.) WORD/TRUTH = Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

d.) FAITH/BELIEVE/DECLARE = “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

e.) Acts 2:47 = And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

Take special NOTICE of (a) and (e)
A. God wishes that not one soul should perish he is patiently waiting for all to come the gospel call has been sent out throughout the whole world.
B. God tells how that one is born again in Acts 2 where peter preached the gospel call.
C. The word of truth as to how one was to be saved is preached by Peter in the gospel call in Acts 2
D faith was shown in the believers in Acts 2 when they asked Peter what they must do and Peter answered them with the response that is expected for the gospel call
E. yes in Acts 2 we find what was required for God to add to the church. The gospel is preach they hear and believe and are told to Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Take special note of the whole of Acts 2 for in it the plan of salvation is spelled out

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A. God wishes that not one soul should perish he is patiently waiting for all to come the gospel call has been sent out throughout the whole world.
B. God tells how that one is born again in Acts 2 where peter preached the gospel call.
C. The word of truth as to how one was to be saved is preached by Peter in the gospel call in Acts 2
D faith was shown in the believers in Acts 2 when they asked Peter what they must do and Peter answered them with the response that is expected for the gospel call
E. yes in Acts 2 we find what was required for God to add to the church. The gospel is preach they hear and believe and are told to Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Take special note of the whole of Acts 2 for in it the plan of salvation is spelled out

What you stated here is TRUE and is the Outcome/Building on the Foundation as given to you in Post #22

Chickens before eggs

Last edited:

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Acts 2 Peter was addressing the “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem" when he told them to be baptized in the name of Jesus-- because they needed to repent of just having crucified Him.

To the contrary, after finishing with the house of Israel for which He first came, He announced to the remnant and to that "other fold" of the gentiles which He "must also bring", saying, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." No water baptism.

Which is not to say that water baptism should not be taught, certainly not. Because it still serves to teach by example the need for baptism by the Holy Spirit and the understanding that we are first born of water but also need to be born again of the spirit of God. But it is not the object lesson of water that is holy, but the actual subject which the water only imitates by parable example that is holy and required--which is the spirit of God. While the only thing actually required of water, is that we are first born of it, which is unto death, that we might also live unto God in Christ by the spirit.
Sir I am sorry but you really need to go back and study what God says about baptism for some how you have really gotten it all wrong and need to hit the reset button just go and read everything that the bible from Acts 2 forward teaches about the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ and you will see the blessing it has to offer. Baptism is way more significant than you are seeing please open your eyes to what the holy scriptures have to say on this particular subject. If you want I can help.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sir I am sorry but you really need to go back and study what God says about baptism for some how you have really gotten it all wrong and need to hit the reset button just go and read everything that the bible from Acts 2 forward teaches about the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ and you will see the blessing it has to offer. Baptism is way more significant than you are seeing please open your eyes to what the holy scriptures have to say on this particular subject. If you want I can help.

I see that you are sincere and concerned. Thank you for that.

However, it is not good that you recommend religious practices without yourself understanding "which is greater" the object of teaching or the subject." Which, if you yourself actually understood the scriptures you would understand that the scriptures are taught in parable--and not to become the subject of religious practice, just as Jesus taught here:

Matthew 23:16-19

Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.’ 17 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold? 18 And, ‘Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.’ 19 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift?

Reactions: David in NJ

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No where in scripture do we find the thief was baptized.

Water baptism is not a requirement to receive the Gift of Salvation = "not of works lest any man should boast"

Water baptism is a outward symbolic act, done in faith according to the Word.

ALL that was Required for the thief to be SAVED was Right next to him.
Oh no...you can't turn it around...a typical leftist trick.... you said the .......thief was not Baptized...show the scripture support or be corrected by the Bible?

You have revealed yourself as..... a new age religion person..... who does not believe the Bible and that you have the right to change it as you wish.
Very sad.

• Haha

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no...you can't turn it around...a typical leftist trick.... you said the .......thief was not Baptized...show the scripture support or be corrected by the Bible?

You have revealed yourself as..... a new age religion person..... who does not believe the Bible and that you have the right to change it as you wish.
Very sad.
in FACT, i am a True 'New Ager' by the Blood of Jesus Christ = Luke 20:34-38 and 1 John 3:1-3

Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage.
But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. But even Moses showed in the burning bush passage that the dead are raised, when he called the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’
For He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him.”

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as He is pure.

• Sad
Reactions: gpresdo

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in FACT, i am a True 'New Ager' by the Blood of Jesus Christ = Luke 20:34-38 and 1 John 3:1-3

Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage.
But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. But even Moses showed in the burning bush passage that the dead are raised, when he called the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’
For He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him.”

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as He is pure.
New age religion person believes;
OSAS
Universalism....all will be saved.
Baptism is not required
(new) Repentance is not necessary
One is free to choose any intercessor to pray to.
Etc.

Hopefully you speak of another ...new ager ...stuff.?

Last edited:

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that you are sincere and concerned. Thank you for that.

However, it is not good that you recommend religious practices without yourself understanding "which is greater" the object of teaching or the subject." Which, if you yourself actually understood the scriptures you would understand that the scriptures are taught in parable--and not to become the subject of religious practice, just as Jesus taught here:

Matthew 23:16-19

Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.’ 17 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold? 18 And, ‘Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.’ 19 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift?

Okay I really do not understand what you are dying to me. Are you saying I do not understand the plan of salvation God has recorded in his word

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay I really do not understand what you are dying to me. Are you saying I do not understand the plan of salvation God has recorded in his word

I am saying that just as mankind was created in God's "image" (rather than becoming directly One with God as in the end), and just as the temple was first made of stone but was only a foreshadowing of the body of Christ of which we who His are becoming living stones in heavenly places; that the parables were given as a small sampling of how God has been revealing His greater truth using examples that are not actually images, or temples of stone, but only point to what is actually real. And that "that body" of flesh, as Paul said, "is not that body" that is raised up, but is in fact a new spiritual body having nothing to do with the old body except that the body of flesh comes first like seeds that die and do not regenerate of the old seed but produce new plants. Meaning that to first be born of women/water and baptism with water, only points to what is actually being referred to and only fulfilled in the spirit.

So...not that "image", not that "temple", "not that body", and not that [water] "baptism"...for they are only the objects used to show us what is otherwise unseen and yet fulfilled in the spirit.

As Jesus eluded:

Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables?

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saying that just as mankind was created in God's "image" (rather than becoming directly One with God as in the end), and just as the temple was first made of stone but was only a foreshadowing of the body of Christ of which we who His are becoming living stones in heavenly places; that the parables were to given as a small sampling of how God has been revealing His greater truth using examples that are not actually images, or temples of stone, but only point to what is actually real. And that "that body" of flesh, as Paul said, "is not that body" that is raised up, but is in fact a new spiritual body having nothing to do with the old body except that the body of flesh comes first like seeds that die and do not regenerate of the old seed but produce new plants. Meaning that to first be born of women/water and baptism with water, only point to what is actually being referred to and only fulfilled in the spirit.

So...not that "image", not that "temple", "not that body", and not that [water] "baptism"...for they are only the objects used to show us what is otherwise unseen and yet fulfilled in the spirit.

As Jesus eluded:

Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables?
Very good clarification Scott - thank you

Reactions: ScottA

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saying that just as mankind was created in God's "image" (rather than becoming directly One with God as in the end), and just as the temple was first made of stone but was only a foreshadowing of the body of Christ of which we who His are becoming living stones in heavenly places; that the parables were to given as a small sampling of how God has been revealing His greater truth using examples that are not actually images, or temples of stone, but only point to what is actually real. And that "that body" of flesh, as Paul said, "is not that body" that is raised up, but is in fact a new spiritual body having nothing to do with the old body except that the body of flesh comes first like seeds that die and do not regenerate of the old seed but produce new plants. Meaning that to first be born of women/water and baptism with water, only points to what is actually being referred to and only fulfilled in the spirit.

As Jesus eluded:

That is a dangling participle way around reflecting belief that birthing amniotic fluid full fills the requirement of water baptism.
Not scriptural.

• Sad

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a dangling participle way around reflecting belief that birthing amniotic fluid full fills the requirement of water baptism.
Not scriptural.

Those are some big words-- sounds intellectual. :rolleyes:

But, no, it just means that what is seen is not actual reality, while what is unseen--as God is unseen, is; and if you have not figured that out, you remain in the darkness and have missed the warnings.

Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are some big words-- sounds intellectual. :rolleyes:

But, no, it just means that what is seen is not actual reality, while what is unseen--as God is unseen, is; and if you have not figured that out, you remain in the darkness and have missed the warnings.

Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness.
I am very happy and blessed with understanding of God's word.
I wish I could conclude that about all others.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the ONE Baptism = Our Heavenly Fathers' 2nd Promise to those who are His.

ONE Baptism = Acts chapter ONE

And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem,
but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said,you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water,
but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
There is only one baptism that places us into the body of Christ and that is Spirit baptism, not water baptism.

Ephesians 4:5 - one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 Corinthians 12:13 - For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free--and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. *Also see John 4:10,14; 7:37 for the word drink(s).