Be Alert

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tell you what @amigo de christo I didn't half argue with people about the need for me to be baptised until God showed me that verse and it was like a bright light coming on and showing the way. The people I argued with held my towel when I came up out of the water.
I was baptized in the lake my dear sister . Let all that draws breath praise the glorious Lord .

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Understanding the WHOLE WORD means to understand that we are in the 7th day now, and it is more than 24 earth hours long and there have been millions of mornings and evenings, and still more to come. Yome (day) means a period of time.
Agreed. We are still in the 7th day of God’s rest.
Hebrews 4...3-4, 6, 9....
3 For we who have exercised faith do enter into the rest, just as he has said: “So I swore in my anger, ‘They will not enter into my rest,’” although his works were finished from the founding of the world. 4 For in one place he has said of the seventh day as follows: “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works,”....
6 Therefore, since it remains for some to enter into it, and those to whom the good news was first declared did not enter in because of disobedience.
9 So there remains a sabbath-rest for the people of God.”

The 7th day was the only day without a declaration as to God’s satisfaction with its conclusion.....that is because it hasn’t yet ended....and when it does, God will be able to say, as with all the other “days”....everything will be “very good”. (Isaiah 55:11)

By the way, the whole earth is the land of Israel, and not the whole world. When locusts covered the whole earth, it was the earth of Israel they covered and not the whole world, and they probably did not cover the whole of Israel either.
Not sure what you are referring to here, could you clarify? There are several mention of locusts in the Bible.....

O' well, I will probably get told off, but I'm going to bed. It is the people who tell me the earth is only ten thousand years old who really get me going. If people can sensibly and logically refute this, let ne know.
No one really knows the age of the earth but the one who created it, and he does not tell us....but we know through the various earth sciences that the planet itself is very ancient....probably millions or even billion of years old. There is no timeframe between the creation of “the heavens and the earth” in Genesis 1:1, and what follows concerning the preparation of earth for habitation. It’s irrelevant anyway. I cannot understand why the creative days have to be 24 hour periods? What does it matter how long they were? It seems to be a pride issue because they can’t admit that they might be wrong and science might be right.

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I didn't forget anything. I didn't launch into an exhaustive discourse on tithing, lol.

The point is, all these teachers and pastors that have been bullying the church for the tithe all these years don't seem to realize they only get all the tithe one out of every three years. And they only get part of it in the other two years in the amount the giver himself sees fit, as well as the orphan and the widow and the stranger.
Aww, bless your heart! This is a perfect thought for this thread!

Reactions: Truman

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Agreed. We are still in the 7th day of God’s rest.
Hebrews 4...3-4, 6, 9....
3 For we who have exercised faith do enter into the rest, just as he has said: “So I swore in my anger, ‘They will not enter into my rest,’” although his works were finished from the founding of the world. 4 For in one place he has said of the seventh day as follows: “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works,”....
6 Therefore, since it remains for some to enter into it, and those to whom the good news was first declared did not enter in because of disobedience.
9 So there remains a sabbath-rest for the people of God.”

The 7th day was the only day without a declaration as to God’s satisfaction with its conclusion.....that is because it hasn’t yet ended....and when it does, God will be able to say, as with all the other “days”....everything will be “very good”. (Isaiah 55:11)

Not sure what you are referring to here, could you clarify? There are several mention of locusts in the Bible.....

No one really knows the age of the earth but the one who created it, and he does not tell us....but we know through the various earth sciences that the planet itself is very ancient....probably millions or even billion of years old. There is no timeframe between the creation of “the heavens and the earth” in Genesis 1:1, and what follows concerning the preparation of earth for habitation. It’s irrelevant anyway. I cannot understand why the creative days have to be 24 hour period? What does it matter how long they were? It seems to be a pride issue because they can’t admit that they might be wrong and science might be right.
A lot of the Bible is about Israel, the people and the land, and by comparison to the world, it is very small. Noah did not go to America to collect the animals two by two, let's be real, and as far as the age of the earth is concerned, the words "from everlasting to everlasting" should give us a clue, as should the words, "In the beginning." Israel never existed in the beginning, so don't let us go dating the age of the earth from Cain and Able, the farmer and the shepherd, when from time immemorial people were hunter gatherers.

Last edited: