Be Alert

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, boy. And with that the thread potentially becomes an argument...

Pearl, so as to avoid a coming train wreck, maybe you should focus on which verses inspired YOU to post this thread. Left to its own devices, this thing is about to become a total war zone inside two pages.
Yes indeed my friend .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could not dismantle anything scripturally because all you have is your favoured interpretation...and I have mine.

No, Lol.
Kenneth copeland , Benny Hinn . Those two . And they are far from alone , a number so high neither you nor i could
count it . Its got bad my friend . BUT the TRUE LAMBS HAVE JESUS . HE IS OUR HOPE . SO let the KING be praised .

Ah! Ok, Lol.

"Kennys and Bennys" is rather a cute expression for it : ) Makes them sound almost adorable (when unfortunately they are not).

Reactions: amigo de christo

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one has anything to fear from the truth.....it doesn’t need to be a war when mature people discuss their beliefs. All are entitled to believe as they wish.....what are you afraid of?
Aunty Jane, it seems that you have swallowed a whole raft of lies, so you have to fear a lot from the truth. Just one good example is this comment from R. D. Bruno: "Are you are trying to push Theistic Evolution, an old earth theory which distorts the Genesis account?"

When someone tries to distort Scripture and then claim it is the truth, be wary of wolves in sheep's clothing! So while the OP might be fine for those who know and promote sound doctrines, it is also a good excuse to attack sound doctrines and claim that this is the truth.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aunty Jane, it seems that you have swallowed a whole raft of lies, so you have to fear a lot from the truth. Just one good example is this comment from R. D. Bruno: "Are you are trying to push Theistic Evolution, an old earth theory which distorts the Genesis account?"

When someone tries to distort Scripture and then claim it is the truth, be wary of wolves in sheep's clothing! So while the OP might be fine for those who know and promote sound doctrines, it is also a good excuse to attack sound doctrines and claim that this is the truth.
Sorry but where did that come from?

I have never supported theistic evolution......are you so blinded by your own interpretation of things that you misinterpret my take on the creation account, which is on another thread. Nothing I have stated is unscriptural.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nothing I have stated is unscriptural.
Or so you imagine. So let's take your comments from that thread and examine them:

Aunty Jane: "A lot of sentient creation was here a "day" before humans and animals arrived on the scene.....but the creative "days" could not have been 24 hour periods....."

The Bible [Note: "Evening" includes the whole night, and "morning" includes the whole day. See the 4th Commandment.]
1. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. [24 hours]
2. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
3. And the evening and the morning were the third day.
4. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
5. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
6. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

AUNTY JANE: "Science can prove that the earth is very ancient, and that its creatures are not recent arrivals....some long extinct well before man arrived."
What is this if not theistic evolution? According to the Bible, all land animals and man were created on the sixth day of creation:

GENESIS 1: LAND ANIMALS AND MAN CREATED ON THE SIXTH DAY
24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that
it was good.
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his
own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them...
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing how the better part of Christendom doesn't know the verse is actually talking about refuting heretical and false teachings, as the context explains rather clearly if you don't just read the individual verse but the entire passage in which it is found:

1 Now I, Paul, myself am pleading with you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ—who in presence am lowly among you, but being absent am bold toward you. 2 But I beg you that when I am present I may not be bold with that confidence by which I intend to be bold against some, who think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.
Yep. Had my eyes opened up on that one, too.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Or so you imagine. So let's take your comments from that thread and examine them:

Aunty Jane: "A lot of sentient creation was here a "day" before humans and animals arrived on the scene.....but the creative "days" could not have been 24 hour periods....."

The Bible [Note: "Evening" includes the whole night, and "morning" includes the whole day. See the 4th Commandment.]
1. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. [24 hours]
2. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
3. And the evening and the morning were the third day.
4. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
5. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
6. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
And none of that states that the creative days had to be 24 hour periods.....does it....? Since when does "morning" include the whole day"? Seriously....
"Evening and morning".....simply indicates the close of one day, and the beginning of another.....evening to morning is not 24 hours.

Like I said....the dinosaurs are proof that they were extinct long before humans arrived on the scene. If they were created the same "day" as we were, why is there no mention of them? They were gigantic creatures, some the size of a three story building! Would God have realistically brought these creatures onto the ark? References to 'behemoth' and 'leviathan' are more likely to be hippos and crocs. These co-existed with humans.....not dinosaurs. Any wonder people are put off by those who cannot give science its due credit here. I am not anti-science because we owe a lot to science.....I am anti-evolution however, which is one of science's pet theories. You don't have to dismiss all of science just because you reject some of its theories.

AUNTY JANE: "Science can prove that the earth is very ancient, and that its creatures are not recent arrivals....some long extinct well before man arrived."
What is this if not theistic evolution? According to the Bible, all land animals and man were created on the sixth day of creation:

GENESIS 1: LAND ANIMALS AND MAN CREATED ON THE SIXTH DAY
24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that
it was good.
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his
own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them...
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Again, not proof that the creative days were not lengthy periods of time. Aquatic and flying creatures were brought forth on the 5th day. And God declared that it was "good". Then the land animals were created on the 6th day, and finally man was created towards the end of that day.

Genesis 2:18-25...
"And Jehovah God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him. 19 And out of the ground Jehovah God formed every beast of the field, and every bird of the heavens; and brought them unto the man to see what he would call them: and whatsoever the man called every living creature, that was the name thereof. 20 And the man gave names to all cattle, and to the birds of the heavens, and to every beast of the field; but for man there was not found a help meet for him. 21 And Jehovah God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof: 22 and the rib, which Jehovah God had taken from the man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. 23 And the man said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. 25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed." (ASV)

Let me ask you then, when it was that God had Adam name all the animals and how long that must have taken? He did this before the creation of his wife.....seeing all these creatures with a mate, Adam wondered where his mate was? So God said it was 'not good for the man to be alone'. If it was only a day, that would not make sense. It would only make sense if he was 'alone' for some time.

It appears as if your indoctrination has let you down here.....if its one thing that God is NOT...its illogical. He gave us our sense of logic as a reflection of his own....made in his image. Read the scriptures without the YEC lens and it makes perfect sense. Viewed through that lens, it becomes a sad joke.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
You eat your tithe 2 years, and give it to be stored up for the needy in the 3rd year.
LOL! Well... You forgot a few details, one of them being not to forget the Levite. But anyway... What did you get out of this verse? Are you thinking that the children of Israel didn't have to give to the Levites, but got to keep it for themselves (except once every 3 years)?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pearl, so as to avoid a coming train wreck, maybe you should focus on which verses inspired YOU to post this thread. Left to its own devices, this thing is about to become a total war zone inside two pages.
Acts 22:16
And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’

This verse changed my mind about baptism because being brought up as an Anglican I was wrongly taught I had been baptised as a baby but then God showed me differently with this verse.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! Well... You forgot a few details, one of them being not to forget the Levite. But anyway... What did you get out of this verse? Are you thinking that the children of Israel didn't have to give to the Levites, but got to keep it for themselves (except once every 3 years)?
This right here is why its vital we learn the ENTIRE WORD for ourselves .
Case in point . IF we had read the bible we would understand and have understood that still they were to give to the levite .

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And none of that states that the creative days had to be 24 hour periods.....does it....? Since when does "morning" include the whole day"? Seriously....
"Evening and morning".....simply indicates the close of one day, and the beginning of another.....evening to morning is not 24 hours.

Like I said....the dinosaurs are proof that they were extinct long before humans arrived on the scene. If they were created the same "day" as we were, why is there no mention of them? They were gigantic creatures, some the size of a three story building! Would God have realistically brought these creatures onto the ark? References to 'behemoth' and 'leviathan' are more likely to be hippos and crocs. These co-existed with humans.....not dinosaurs. Any wonder people are put off by those who cannot give science its due credit here. I am not anti-science because we owe a lot to science.....I am anti-evolution however, which is one of science's pet theories. You don't have to dismiss all of science just because you reject some of its theories.

Again, not proof that the creative days were not lengthy periods of time. Aquatic and flying creatures were brought forth on the 5th day. And God declared that it was "good". Then the land animals were created on the 6th day, and finally man was created towards the end of that day.

Genesis 2:18-25...
"And Jehovah God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him. 19 And out of the ground Jehovah God formed every beast of the field, and every bird of the heavens; and brought them unto the man to see what he would call them: and whatsoever the man called every living creature, that was the name thereof. 20 And the man gave names to all cattle, and to the birds of the heavens, and to every beast of the field; but for man there was not found a help meet for him. 21 And Jehovah God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof: 22 and the rib, which Jehovah God had taken from the man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. 23 And the man said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. 25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed." (ASV)

Let me ask you then, when it was that God had Adam name all the animals and how long that must have taken? He did this before the creation of his wife.....seeing all these creatures with a mate, Adam wondered where his mate was? So God said it was 'not good for the man to be alone'. If it was only a day, that would not make sense. It would only make sense if he was 'alone' for some time.

It appears as if your indoctrination has let you down here.....if its one thing that God is NOT...its illogical. He gave us our sense of logic as a reflection of his own....made in his image. Read the scriptures without the YEC lens and it makes perfect sense. Viewed through that lens, it becomes a sad joke.
Understanding the WHOLE WORD means to understand that we are in the 7th day now, and it is more than 24 earth hours long and there have been millions of mornings and evenings, and still more to come. Yome (day) means a period of time.

By the way, the whole earth is the land of Israel, and not the whole world. When locusts covered the whole earth, it was the earth of Israel they covered and not the whole world, and they probably did not cover the whole of Israel either.

O' well, I will probably get told off, but I'm going to bed. It is the people who tell me the earth is only ten thousand years old who really get me going. If people can sensibly and logically refute this, let ne know.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’

This verse changed my mind about baptism because being brought up as an Anglican I was wrongly taught I had been baptised as a baby but then God showed me differently with this verse.
exactly sister . GOD showed you it was A CHOICE . being baptized by parental choice is not ours . WE have TO MAKE THAT CHOICE
we have to do this from our own free choice . Every baby baptized , that baptism means nothing . IT DIDNT MAKE THAT CHOICE
its parents did . BELEIVE YOU ME , IF me being a parent could save my child , I WOULD HAVE .
NOPE . THEY gotta make the choice to FOLLOW CHRIST and then get baptized for themselves .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kenneth copeland , Benny Hinn . Those two . And they are far from alone , a number so high neither you nor i could
count it . Its got bad my friend . BUT the TRUE LAMBS HAVE JESUS . HE IS OUR HOPE . SO let the KING be praised .
LOL!! I figured out what you meant by "Kennys and Bennys" ....made me laugh out loud!! Lol

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
245948926_5184396041577757_7536233918597303510_n.jpg
minus the hair and lipstick and womens wear , That is how my EYES LOOK every time
i hear pope francis and his protestant men .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yep : )

I'm sure going through how they scripturally justify baptizing children nowadays would be an interesting read (nothing is ever easy with Catholicism), but baptism was supposed to be a conscious decision to consider the old man dead and live for Christ anew in the Spirit. Children haven't even lived long enough to die to much yet, let alone understand the immensity of the decision they would be making to die to the old man dead and live for the new.

It's like keeping the custom but robbing it of its true value, by taking all the spiritual meaning out of it.

Reactions: Pearl and TLHKAJ

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep : )

I'm sure going through how they scripturally justify baptizing children nowadays would be an interesting read (nothing is ever easy with Catholicism), but baptism was supposed to be a conscious decision to consider the old man dead and live for Christ anew in the Spirit. Children haven't even lived long enough to die to much yet, let alone understand the immensity of the decision they would be making to die to the old man dead and live for the new.

It's like keeping the custom but robbing it of its true value, by taking all the spiritual meaning out of it.
I dont care what the pope says about ya , just let us never follow the deadly teachings of such .
Oh he can grin and smile , just as rick warren does and did and many other protestants . BUT IT DONT MAKE EM SAVED .
We got one choice for salvation . THE BIBLICAL LORD JESUS . And either we LOVE HIM or we dont . PROOF of WHO WE BELONG TOO .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
exactly sister . GOD showed you it was A CHOICE . being baptized by parental choice is not ours . WE have TO MAKE THAT CHOICE
we have to do this from our own free choice . Every baby baptized , that baptism means nothing . IT DIDNT MAKE THAT CHOICE
its parents did . BELEIVE YOU ME , IF me being a parent could save my child , I WOULD HAVE .
NOPE . THEY gotta make the choice to FOLLOW CHRIST and then get baptized for themselves .
I tell you what @amigo de christo I didn't half argue with people about the need for me to be baptised until God showed me that verse and it was like a bright light coming on and showing the way. The people I argued with held my towel when I came up out of the water.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I didn't forget anything. I didn't launch into an exhaustive discourse on tithing, lol.

The point is, all these teachers and pastors that have been bullying the church for the tithe all these years don't seem to realize they only get all the tithe one out of every three years. And they only get part of it in the other two years in the amount the giver himself sees fit, as well as the orphan and the widow and the stranger.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all have it wrong or we wouldn’t have denominations. I am starting to be less critical of differences in interpretation. If you are saved I will see you in heaven whether you believe differently or not.

Reactions: Truman and Pearl