Be born again to be whose child?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I say before, no matter what people say, the children of God will be known in the future (Rom. 8:19).

Romans 8:15-23 KJV
15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17) And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18) For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19) For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20) For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21) Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22) For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23) And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

The creation is waiting for the manifestation of God's children. That doesn't mean we don't know who we are! Creation groans, and we groan.

If you do not have this witness of the Holy Spirit that you know you are God's child, give some consideration to this. I'm not talking Morman burning the bosom, I'm quoting the Bible to you, and this is what it says.

Either it's true for you, or it's not. If it is, wonderful, if not, trust in Jesus, receive Him, and be born again.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I mean with "biblical text" and "arguments that make sense" is something like this:

1) In John 20:17 Jesus calls his disciples BROTHERS,
2) Then he say he is ascending to his Father and their Father; normal, since if they are brothers they have the same Father
3) BUT Jesus says also that is his God and their God,
4) So the conclusion is: there is one God, who is the Father of Jesus and of all Jesus' brothers.

Born again is become part of that family.

Something like that is what I am sharing and looking for in others.
Are you Jehovah's Witness?

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP: "be born again to be Whose Child?"

Biblical Answer: God's child:

Rom_8:16 The Spirit Itself Beareth Witness
with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
+
Rom_8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God,
and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer
with Him, that we may be also glorified together.

Rom_8:21 Because the creature itself also shall
be delivered from the bondage of corruption into
the glorious liberty of the children of God.

(cp Rom_9:26; Gal_3:26; Eph_1:5; 5:1,8; 1Th_5:5)

----------------------------------

The Biblical ONE Triune GodHead thread is here:

161 Reasons In 544 Passages
The LORD Jesus Christ Is Almighty God
!

For God's Biblical Salvation to be his child [relationship]
and walking/growing in Grace [fellowship]:

Grace, Peace, And JOY In The LORD Jesus Christ
And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:15-23 KJV
15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17) And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18) For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19) For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20) For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21) Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22) For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23) And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

The creation is waiting for the manifestation of God's children. That doesn't mean we don't know who we are! Creation groans, and we groan.

I you do not have this witness of the Holy Spirit that you know you are God's child, give some consideration to this. I'm not talking Morman burning the bosom, I'm quoting the Bible to you, and this is what it says.

Either it's true for you, or it's not. If it is, wonderful, if not, trust in Jesus, receive Him, and be born again.

Much love!
Would it have any value for you if I told you that what it says there is something that I feel? For me it has no value that someone else says it about himself. That statement was said to first century Christians, not to all who call themselves Christians in modern times, although each and every one of them wants to apply the quote to himself. Obviously it is a personal experience that the brothers of Christ will have to feel; but as I say it is PERSONAL, because it has no value for another that someone says that he feels it because the other cannot assure it of the one who says it, nor can he assure that what he feels is genuine or has something to do really with God or only with emotionalism and religious fanaticism. If it wasn't something personal at this time it wouldn't be said that the identity of all of them will be revealed at a future time.

So don't ask those kinds of personal questions anymore, because if I tell you the answer it won't be of any value to you or me. Do you think I'm interested in what you think about me if I am or not who I can say I am? I'm not interested in your opinion of me, so stop asking unnecessary questions. This forum is not to brag about the relationship that everyone thinks they have with God ... at least not for me.

Do you think my above biblical arguments make sense? That's what I'm talking about here. Your opinion about my relationship with my God is irrelevant, so stop getting personal. Thank you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think my above biblical arguments make sense? That's what I'm talking about here. Your opinion about my relationship with my God is irrelevant, so stop getting personal. Thank you.
It's not meant to be personal, and it's something that only has relevance to one's self. But you seem to have some issue with the idea of spiritual rebirth, I affirm to you that it is real, and something you can know. Not meaning to offend!

As far as your arguments go, you are attempting to show that Jesus is not God, but is a man like us. Is that right?

Are you Jehovah's Witness? I've seen this same argument given by various Jehovah's Witnesses recently.

Or am I misunderstanding? Please let me know.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it wasn't something personal at this time it wouldn't be said that the identity of all of them will be revealed at a future time.
Revealed to others, or revealed to you? Are you saying that no one will know if they are reborn until that day? If so, I disagree, for the reasons I've given.

Much love!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My topic is not about Jesus being God or not ... Stop your accusations. My topic is: "BE BORN AGAIN to be WHOSE CHILD?".
Are you obsessed with the topic of the trinity? I have seen many out there.

So: whose children are born again Christians? Jehovah's? The trinity's? Jesus'?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revealed to others, or revealed to you? Are you saying that no one will know if they are reborn until that day? If so, I disagree, for the reasons I've given.

Much love!
Not a problem; I accept your disagreement.
Jesus said some people are honestly thinking they are Christians, but they are not. Honesty does not make feelings truth.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I mean with "biblical text" and "arguments that make sense" is something like this:

1) In John 20:17 Jesus calls his disciples BROTHERS,
2) Then he say he is ascending to his Father and their Father; normal, since if they are brothers they have the same Father
3) BUT Jesus says also that is his God and their God,
4) So the conclusion is: there is one God, who is the Father of Jesus and of all Jesus' brothers.

Born again is become part of that family.

Something like that is what I am sharing and looking for in others.
That is a good exchange example. But since it is also on topic I will address it:

Having the same brother, father logic only works in the context of those born of the flesh.

On the other hand, and in the context of the bigger picture of all that is included in the end--none of that which is born of the flesh is included, and therefore it does not apply.

In the correct context then, of all that is included in the kingdom of God and God, the end according to scripture is that God is "all in all"...meaning no brothers, no fathers, just a Oneness in that ultimate sense.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody is born when he wants to. Nobody adopts his father, but some persons go to look for the child to adopt.

This "born again" thing became a joke for most Christians out there.

Let's talk about being born again from the biblical point of view. First thing first: being born to be whose child?
This "being born again" thing was new to me when I began participating on a Christian forum some years ago. I look at events that occurred when I was 20 years old as being born again.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This "being born again" thing was new to me when I began participating on a Christian forum some years ago. I look at events that occurred when I was 20 years old as being born again.
I guess it was a somewhat confusing topic for you. In the anonymous religious environment of the internet, where there are dozens of people pretending to be Christians or seriously interested in biblical matters, there is something like a "born again club" believing they are above the rest of the forumists. Sometimes they tell another forum member "you are not born again", as a malevolent accusation, an excommunication from the club or something like that.

In reality, that kind of apartheid by those forum members is just another gesture of human arrogance; they are individuals who believe that they are above others and try to force others to feel like them, to do what they do, to speak like them and accept their way of thinking... But when you ask them about the matter biblically speaking, they know nothing about that matter. They quote some texts, yes, but in a mechanical way, because they do not understand the meaning or the ideas involved in the biblical passage they are citing. They are "Christians" by word of mouth and in their own personal way, but they do not know the meaning of biblical truths.

When someone is born again, whose child he becomes? It is not to be child of the trinity, and it is not to be child of Jesus ... A born again person becomes a Jehovah' child.

1 Pet. 1:3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance. It is reserved in the heavens for you, 5 who are being safeguarded by God’s power through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last period of time.

Can anyone be a child of someone he doesn't even know or mention his name? What does the Father really think of that false statement on the mouth of certain persons?

Mal. 1:6 ‘A son honors a father, and a servant his master. So if I am a father, where is the honor due me? And if I am a master, where is the fear due me?’ Jehovah of armies says to you priests who are despising my name. (...)

How many self-born do really know the Father?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a problem; I accept your disagreement.
Jesus said some people are honestly thinking they are Christians, but they are not. Honesty does not make feelings truth.
Did Jesus say that? Or did He say there would be those who would falsely claim to be Christians? Paul and John both had a good bit to say about those who identify as Christian but aren't actually. There is the mention of deceiving and being deceived, and Paul wrote that we should examine ourselves to prove by testing that we be in the faith. Basically saying, don't you know that Jesus lives in you?

Jesus also said, if you seek, you will find, and God knows if you are truly seeking. John wrote that you can "know" you have eternal life. I think that's a big part of being a Christian, actually knowing that you do in fact know God.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My topic is not about Jesus being God or not ... Stop your accusations. My topic is: "BE BORN AGAIN to be WHOSE CHILD?".
Are you obsessed with the topic of the trinity? I have seen many out there.

So: whose children are born again Christians? Jehovah's? The trinity's? Jesus'?
What is the distinction?

Given that "Jehovah" is the name formed by combining God's Name with the vowels of adonai, so as to prevent the pronunciation of God's actual Name, I'm thinking it's not actually Biblical to say "children of Jehovah", it's not something you'll find written in the Bible. Only when you use the vowel point additions, but that gives you a word that is not actually God's Name.

God being Triune, you could assert that we are children of the Trinity, but I like to stick with Biblical terminology that we are children of God, children of the heavenly Father.

Why are you interested in parsing this in just this way?

Much love!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
?????

Born again Christians are children of God, the Father; brothers of Jesus (the Son of God) according to John 20:17, and ...
what about the Holy Spirit?
We are indwelled by the Holy Spirit. But he's the Father and the Father is him.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody is born when he wants to. Nobody adopts his father, but some persons go to look for the child to adopt.

Let's talk about being born again from the biblical point of view. First thing first: being born to be whose child?

God has selected from among humans those whom He will anoint with holy spirit, true they are a child of God, but even more they have been purchased by the blood of Christ to be his bride. What a privilege they have been given. Although I would have accepted it if I had been called, I am truly thankful not to have been called for that very special privilege.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God. Now the question is to you, who is God?
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Is. 9:6

Col. 1:16-17 says Jesus is the Creator, He was there in the beginning, ALL things were created THROUGH HIM, BY HIM AND FOR HIM ... IN HIM ALL THINGS CONSIST (are held together). That means the atomic structure, the nuclear energy in the universe is held together by His power.
Those are loaded passages. Someday you'll get them.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God. Now the question is to you, who is God?
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Is. 9:6
Col. 1:16-17 says Jesus is the Creator, He was there in the beginning, ALL things were created THROUGH HIM, BY HIM AND FOR HIM ... IN HIM ALL THINGS CONSIST (are held together). That means the atomic structure, the nuclear energy in the universe is held together by His power.

Those are loaded passages. Someday you'll get them.
Thanks for your good will.
I guess you do not understand what this means:

1 Pet. 1:3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance. It is reserved in the heavens for you, 5 who are being safeguarded by God’s power through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last period of time.

... and I have an idea about why you do not get it. I have a good will to you too.