Becoming a Son of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Romans 8:18-20 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Him who hath subjected the same in hope,

We are "the creature made subject to vanity." We are made, by God, subject to being "devoid of truth and appropriateness, perverseness, depravity, frailty and want of vigour." That is vanity, that is our flesh life. God made us subject to this in HOPE that we would figuratively crucify that old carnal nature and reveal the glory we can achieve as the sons of God.

This is done when we "believe on His name" and all that entails. It is to receive Him as God, as I Am, as the Saviour, Redeemer, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace.

1 John 1:11-12 He came unto His own, and His own received Him not. But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name:

He gives us POWER TO BECOME a son of God...not automatically awards this to us. When He comes to dwell in us, to become a son of God, it will not happen until we reveal the son of perdition...the man of sin within each of us!

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto Him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

2:4-7 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

2:8-12 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

We ourselves are the man of sin, the son of perdition, the wicked one that must be revealed to ourselves. We, through vanity/ego, shew ourselves that we are so important, so knowledgeable. We place our wisdom above that of God in thinking we understand His written Word. We must receive the love of the truth to be saved and truth is the spirit of prophecy. It is the revelation of the written Word.

We sit in the temple of God (for we ARE the temple of God [2 Corin.6:16]) allowing our egos to run rampant by placing our wisdom before being able to say....well, I guess I was wrong. When we do the Holy Spirit can teach us and we can become....sons of God.

Reactions: ajdiamond

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We ourselves are the man of sin, the son of perdition, the wicked one that must be revealed to ourselves. We, through vanity/ego, shew ourselves that we are so important, so knowledgeable. We place our wisdom above that of God in thinking we understand His written Word. We must receive the love of the truth to be saved and truth is the spirit of prophecy. It is the revelation of the written Word.
We are not the man of sin, the Son of Perdition who is to come.
2 Thessalonians
3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

note the above passages - he is one man, not men...

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

His coming is in accordance with the work of Satan with all power, signs and lying wonders. God allows those who do not receive the truth to be deceived by the coming one and to believe the lie...The lie is; that they believe that the man of sin, the son of perdition is God!

We sit in the temple of God (for we ARE the temple of God [2 Corin.6:16]) allowing our egos to run rampant by placing our wisdom before being able to say....well, I guess I was wrong. When we do the Holy Spirit can teach us and we can become....sons of God.
We cannot sit in the temple of God. The temple is our body where the Holy Spirit resides, for those who have been saved by grace through faith.

1 Corinthians 6:19
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

You sound like ff14u :huh:

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Angelina -

We are not the man of sin, the Son of Perdition who is to come.
2 Thessalonians
3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

note the above passages - he is one man, not men...

Each of us individually are...the man of sin, the son of perdition, until we reveal/realize we are that one.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

His coming is in accordance with the work of Satan with all power, signs and lying wonders. God allows those who do not receive the truth to be deceived by the coming one and to believe the lie...The lie is; that they believe that the man of sin, the son of perdition is God!

Indeed. We, individually, are in accordance with the deceiver until we receive truth. If we don't then we remain a son of perdition and we are lost!

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy name: those that thou gavest Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

I see the "lie" as the lie of rapture and the "delusion" as Satan pretending to be God.

We cannot sit in the temple of God. The temple is our body where the Holy Spirit resides, for those who have been saved by grace through faith.

1 Corinthians 6:19
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

You sound like ff14u :huh:

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the temple of God is our body and the temple is the many membered body of Christ...many believers. As Jesus did literally...He will again do spiritually. He will cleanse the temple:

Matthew 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

That brings to mind those with the mark of the beast...those that buy and sell! They are in the temple but will be cleansed again...at the time of the end.

Daniel 8:14-19 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed. And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man. And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision. So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision. Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright. And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

Who is ff14u? Must be a great guy! :D

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The coming of the man of sin/ the son of perdition is a future event in accordance to the working of Satan... which one man is taken out of the way by the breath of the Lord.

John 17:12
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy name: those that thou gavest Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Note that Judas was also one man and not a corporate body....

I do not see how the rest of you random quotes relate to our discussion.

Who is ff14u? Must be a great guy!
Unfortunately I had to disable her account... :unsure:

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Angelina said:
The coming of the man of sin/ the son of perdition is a future event in accordance to the working of Satan... which one man is taken out of the way by the breath of the Lord.

John 17:12
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy name: those that thou gavest Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Note that Judas was also one man and not a corporate body....

I do not see how the rest of you random quotes relate to our discussion.

Unfortunately I had to disable her account... :unsure:

First...I'm not talking about a "corporate body" where the man of sin is concerned. He is an individual for he is each of us individually...we are our very own man of sin until he (that part of us) is taken out of the way.

Second...Why do you see the working of Satan as being future?

The rest of the quotes aren't random...they relate to your questions. Apparently I'm not presenting them correctly. Sorry.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
He is an individual for he is each of us individually...we are our very own man of sin until he (that part of us) is taken out of the way.
So you are saying that the son of perdition/the man of sin that raises itself up in the place of God and many are deceived by him...is actually each individual. Have you read the book of Revelation 13?

Second...Why do you see the working of Satan as being future?
This event has not happened yet...

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Angelina - So you are saying that the son of perdition/the man of sin that raises itself up in the place of God and many are deceived by him...is actually each individual. Have you read the book of Revelation 13?

No. I am saying that the man of sin is each of us before we become children of God.

Ephesians 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Satan deceives us if we allow it. We in turn can deceive others if we follow him...if others allow it.

Revelation 13 does not concern the man of sin, the son of perdition. But...yes, I have read it. :)

This event has not happened yet...

Satan has been working since he beguiled Eve in the garden...actually, long before that but that is another story for another time.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No. I am saying that the man of sin is each of us before we become children of God...
Satan deceives us if we allow it. We in turn can deceive others if we follow him...if others allow it.
Well of course satan will deceive us if we allow him to but you are communicating with a whole bunch of believers here...not unbeliever's

Revelation 13 does not concern the man of sin, the son of perdition. But...yes, I have read it.
I disagree with your synopsis re: Revelation 13. The beast that rises out of tis in accordance to the working of satan.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Angelina said:
Well of course satan will deceive us if we allow him to but you are communicating with a whole bunch of believers here...not unbeliever's

I disagree with your synopsis re: Revelation 13. The beast that rises out of tis in accordance to the working of satan.

I have enjoyed our discussion but must leave the computer for now. I'll answer your questions tomorrow.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
whirlwind

It appears you have built a high pedestal,
and taken a seat upon it,
as though you are a son of god,
on par with The Son of God.

did I get that right ??

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Arnie Manitoba said:
whirlwind

It appears you have built a high pedestal,
and taken a seat upon it,
as though you are a son of god,
on par with The Son of God.

did I get that right ??

:wacko: Arnie your questions baffle me. Yes, I am a son of God as are many. Is that a problem? There is One Son of God yet there are many sons of God. I am but one of many...aren't you?

1 John 3:1-2 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.

Did He get that right? :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Angelina - Well of course satan will deceive us if we allow him to but you are communicating with a whole bunch of believers here...not unbeliever's

:) I am aware of who I am communicating with and certainly we are believers. As I said previously, we are those Satan wants to win over, we are those he goes to war with. Do believers know all there is to know when they become believers? I sure didn't. He continues teaching as I am able to understand and I would assume all others are in the same situation.

Because we are believers...do we all have truth? If believers continue to "believe" in the rapture then...Satan wins. If "believers" continue to think that Jesus is the Son of God and not God...Satan wins. If "believers" continue to think the 70AD sacking of Jerusalem was the beginning of the millennium then...Satan wins. And the list goes on.

Because we believe doesn't mean we believe truth. Spiritual wisdom and understanding are given us as we are able to absorb it...a little at a time. As He teaches us He sends us forth as His watchmen to share that with others.

Ezekiel 3:4-6 And He said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with My words unto them. For thou art not sent to a people of a strange speech and of an hard language, but to the house of Israel; Not to many people of a strange speech and of an hard language, whose words thou canst not understand. Surely, had I sent thee to them, they would have hearkened unto thee.
3:10-11,17 Moreover He said unto me, Son of man, all My words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears. And go, get thee to them of the captivity, unto the children of thy people, and speak unto them, and tell them, Thus saith the Lord God; whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear. (17) Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at My mouth, and give them warning from Me.

Whirlwind - Revelation 13 does not concern the man of sin, the son of perdition. But...yes, I have read it.

Angelina - I disagree with your synopsis re: Revelation 13. The beast that rises out of tis in accordance to the working of satan.

Pardon me, I misspoke. The man of sin, son of perdition is each of us individually until we become children of God. Until then, we are all the beast that rises and yes, the beast is in accordance with the working of Satan. The beast itself is not "The Man of sin" but is many as the Church/the woman is many.

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
Angelina said:
So you are saying that the son of perdition/the man of sin that raises itself up in the place of God and many are deceived by him.
It ties in with: Know ye not that ye are the temple of God. The "place of God" is you. For most today, sitting on the throne in that temple, is a false self, ego persona. The man of sin. The son of perdition whose end is destruction, who misses the mark of oneness with the Father (as Father and son of God). And instead lives in a perceived separation, differentiated as immortal God out there somewhere and sinful mortal man.

This is all talked about throughout the NT by Jesus and Paul along the lines of: lay down your life, deny thy self, I die daily. The "I", the "self" and the "life" there are the son of perdition and his life. We are to go onto Life so that it is no longer I (the false self, man of sin) that live but Christ (the son of God) liveth in me; for this corruptible mortal must put on incorrupt immortality.

And yes, this man of sin deceives many. Collectively and individually. How does it deceive?

Right now this moment, it's providing a stream of thought to some of the readers of this thread and this post. Reader, what's happening in your head, what thoughts are popping in to rebut this Truth? That reactionary stream of thought are the works of the son of perdition. Did you see it? If so, BEHOLD, the man of sin who sits in the temple of God acting as God. Know ye not that the carnal mind is enmity against God? It opposes the things of God, it exalteth itself above God. Behold the fowl that instantly kicks in to devour the seeds of Truth before they can be planted in your heart.

The man of sin deceives, primarily, by providing thoughts in the head. 2Th 2 says we have to fall away from, step back from, that blah-blah-blah in the head so we can see it for what it is (hint: meditate). Take no thought, says Jesus. Take every thought captive, says Paul. Be still, says the psalmist. Keep silent before me, says the Father.

By default and habit, we live as men and die as men. The good news is that we are much more than a mortal man. To all that receive the son of God in them, to all that believe into the name/nature of Christ the son of God, to them gives He power to BE the son of God that they are, the offspring of the eternal Father.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
ajdiamond said:
It ties in with: Know ye not that ye are the temple of God. The "place of God" is you. For most today, sitting on the throne in that temple, is a false self, ego persona. The man of sin. The son of perdition whose end is destruction, who misses the mark of oneness with the Father (as Father and son of God). And instead lives in a perceived separation, differentiated as immortal God out there somewhere and sinful mortal man.

This is all talked about throughout the NT by Jesus and Paul along the lines of: lay down your life, deny thy self, I die daily. The "I", the "self" and the "life" there are the son of perdition and his life. We are to go onto Life so that it is no longer I (the false self, man of sin) that live but Christ (the son of God) liveth in me; for this corruptible mortal must put on incorrupt immortality.

And yes, this man of sin deceives many. Collectively and individually. How does it deceive?

Right now this moment, it's providing a stream of thought to some of the readers of this thread and this post. Reader, what's happening in your head, what thoughts are popping in to rebut this Truth? That reactionary stream of thought are the works of the son of perdition. Did you see it? If so, BEHOLD, the man of sin who sits in the temple of God acting as God. Know ye not that the carnal mind is enmity against God? It opposes the things of God, it exalteth itself above God. Behold the fowl that instantly kicks in to devour the seeds of Truth before they can be planted in your heart.

The man of sin deceives, primarily, by providing thoughts in the head. 2Th 2 says we have to fall away from, step back from, that blah-blah-blah in the head so we can see it for what it is (hint: meditate). Take no thought, says Jesus. Take every thought captive, says Paul. Be still, says the psalmist. Keep silent before me, says the Father.

By default and habit, we live as men and die as men. The good news is that we are much more than a mortal man. To all that receive the son of God in them, to all that believe into the name/nature of Christ the son of God, to them gives He power to BE the son of God that they are, the offspring of the eternal Father.

Well said!

We must crucify our old nature and do so daily to allow Him to dwell in us. And it isn't easy as ego has a way of rearing it's ugly head often.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.