Before Posting Pray that God gives you Intelligence, Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before Posting Pray that God gives you Intelligence, Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding because without it you do far more harm than good!! Think!!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Before Posting Pray that God gives you Intelligence, Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding because without it you do far more harm than good!! Think!!
How do you know when you've received it?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that pray for "Intelligence, Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding" and receive will not need ask!! Think!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those that pray for "Intelligence, Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding" and receive will not need ask!! Think!
Mostly everybody on this site believes that they are either, speaking by the Holy Spirit, or had a vision, or have requested wisdom and received it. And then, they go forth and start professing their own understanding and imaginations.
Again, if I were to pray for wisdom, at what point can either myself or someone else, feel confident that what I'm saying is derived from an endowment of God, and again, not just my own intellect?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good post, GISMYS. If we could have this automatically posted every 3rd or 4th post on public threads, it might actually have an impact, LoL.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 3:9-11 (KJV) 9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. 10 A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
2 Timothy 2:23
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Titus 3:9-11 (KJV) 9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. 10 A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
Did you pray for insight before you wrote this?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This IS God'eternal living Word===Titus 3:9-11 (KJV) 9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. 10 A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This IS God'eternal living Word===Titus 3:9-11 (KJV) 9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. 10 A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
So why do you keep citing scripture, on a thread that is about how to expound on scripture?
Everyone believes that they've prayed and received wisdom, and thus, offer their views. I'm sure that you've heard the testimonies.
Can you provide a qualifier in order to differentiate when one has had a personal revelation, as opposed to a divine one?
Or, where you just stating the obvious, as in, 'think before you speak', or 'pray before you impart'?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

oh boy.....

sounds like a great method for private interpretation to me

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Mostly everybody on this site believes that they are either, speaking by the Holy Spirit, or had a vision, or have requested wisdom and received it. And then, they go forth and start professing their own understanding and imaginations.
Again, if I were to pray for wisdom, at what point can either myself or someone else, feel confident that what I'm saying is derived from an endowment of God, and again, not just my own intellect?
can it be refuted with Scripture

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
can it be refuted with Scripture
Yes, I would think. Of course, that becomes subjective too, as each may have a different interpretation. But, may the better-versed ....and the wisest, prove the other wrong.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. New Living Translation. Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, "Let the children come to me.
Luke 18:16

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!! Today I saw a post here saying ALL babies are from hell!!! ===Total trash idea from hell!!!

I saw that one, too. Didn't even bother to look.

I don't think even Hell would go so far as to make that one up. They were probably really stumped by it too, LoL.