Behold, a door

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following was shown me the night before last about 3:30am. It was for me yet it's for you also. First He showed me the picture in my spirit then He gave the words.

1504778940780-360x640.jpg

"Behold I set before you an open door" He said. It was as if I could see an open door frame with no door in it. An arm I saw, and with a flourish it swept toward the open door as if to welcome me through. "The open door is the rest of your life. The open door is this day. The open door is every new day. Step through and see what I have for you. I know that you know I have only good things on the other side of the door for you, for you know me and what I've promised and what I've done for you before. In times past you were rebellious and your rebellion had to be stopped. You must yield completely to the Spirit of God so that He can work through you. In you".

"Once you have yielded all things are possible. How hard would it be for a potter to work with a piece of clay that was squirming and dodging, not letting him shape it? Once you are finally still in my hands I can shape you, mold you into the best vessel imaginable. Relax in the hands of the Potter and let him fashion you. He will not drop you nor fail you. Once you are still it is evidence that you are finally trusting of the potter. Behold I have set before you this open door and only you can step through it. Be still and know that I am God, I am the Potter".

"God makes no man go through the door. It is a step of faith taken by a man or woman. Faith is moving, seeking, doing. There are and will be times of waiting but they are necessary. Resting the clay. Then times of doing, but God is always working in you. Much is being done in waiting times so don't despise them. God is as aware of you in the still times as in the busy moving, doing times. Trust in Him with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. Wait on the Lord I say wait. He will not be late".

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I kind of see the outline of an angel in the dark.
I don't know that the angel should be in the dark.

But I agree with everything else.

It does seem from Deuteronomy and Jeremiah that God gives us a CHOICE to go through that door or not.

This does kill the doctrines found in Calvinism, doesn't it?

God did give us a free will to be able to choose Him.

We can choose the light, or we can choose the dark.
Joshua 24:15 Serve the LORD.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are His house. Jesus is the door.

John 10:7, Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Jesus says he's the door and not everyone looking for God goes through the door, they go through a window instead, like a thief because they don't know Jesus is the door. We are the house for the door and if our door is not attractive enough for someone to go through then the door, Jesus, is ignored. In realtor terms, the house won't sell, the door is shabby and unattractive and no way can the inside of the house be beautiful when the outside is so ugly.

John 10:8, All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This door, these doors are for believers only. For those that walk closely with Him. Waiting at His altar, listening for His still, small voice. Every day is a new door of opportunity furnished by the Lord. We can walk through it... or not. He won't force us.

Part of what's on the other side of those daily doors is direct service to the Holy Spirit in directed witness for Jesus.

The darkness and the light are the Lord's. The people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light. If the Lord didn't visit dark places He would never have found me. We all dwelled in the land of the shadow of death when He came and showed us His light. His door offered to us to step into His eternal light.

Isaiah 9:2 (NKJV) The people who walked in darkness Have seen a great light; Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, Upon them a light has shined.

Exodus 20:21 (NKJV) So the people stood afar off, but Moses drew near the thick darkness where God was.

1 Kings 8:12 (NKJV) Then Solomon spoke: "The Lord said He would dwell in the dark cloud.

No matter to me if agreement of what He showed me is made or not. I receive what the Holy Spirit gives, not what others say He should show...for these reasons I share limited amounts of what He tells me. Only that given for edification and encouragement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following was shown me the night before last about 3:30am. It was for me yet it's for you also. First He showed me the picture in my spirit then He gave the words.

View attachment 1072

"Behold I set before you an open door" He said. It was as if I could see an open door frame with no door in it. An arm I saw, and with a flourish it swept toward the open door as if to welcome me through. "The open door is the rest of your life. The open door is this day. The open door is every new day. Step through and see what I have for you. I know that you know I have only good things on the other side of the door for you, for you know me and what I've promised and what I've done for you before. In times past you were rebellious and your rebellion had to be stopped. You must yield completely to the Spirit of God so that He can work through you. In you".

"Once you have yielded all things are possible. How hard would it be for a potter to work with a piece of clay that was squirming and dodging, not letting him shape it? Once you are finally still in my hands I can shape you, mold you into the best vessel imaginable. Relax in the hands of the Potter and let him fashion you. He will not drop you nor fail you. Once you are still it is evidence that you are finally trusting of the potter. Behold I have set before you this open door and only you can step through it. Be still and know that I am God, I am the Potter".

"God makes no man go through the door. It is a step of faith taken by a man or woman. Faith is moving, seeking, doing. There are and will be times of waiting but they are necessary. Resting the clay. Then times of doing, but God is always working in you. Much is being done in waiting times so don't despise them. God is as aware of you in the still times as in the busy moving, doing times. Trust in Him with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. Wait on the Lord I say wait. He will not be late".

Funny how so many want to trust your 'vision in the night' yet do not want to trust Scripture.

Why am I supposed to trust your 'vision in the night'? I am very skeptical.

Stranger

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Funny how so many want to trust your 'vision in the night' yet do not want to trust Scripture.

Stranger

If the dream leads us to believe we must live according to the Spirit I don't see the problem. We should already be doing that.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Once you have yielded all things are possible. How hard would it be for a potter to work with a piece of clay that was squirming and dodging, not letting him shape it
Giggling at this, because it reminds me of something He said many a year ago now.....That we are like trying to hold on to slippery fish at times.....gosh that made me laugh......
I am not sure we quite know how to give 100% over to Him...From the time we can walk and talk we are told to learn to stand on our own two feet and not to depend on others....Leaning on Him 100% is unnatural for humans, and will take time.
Thank you for sharing

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Stranger

Just because you personally have not had " encounters" with the things of the Spirit, no need to discount everything.
MANY in Africa and Indian as missionaries back in the sixties , had encounters with angels unknowingly , it was the people around then that saw it all , and it saved them from killing the missionaries. They only told the missionary's after they got saved . You obviously haven't read the right books.
But then again....maybe the only book you ever read is the bible...but the whole of Acts is about men who had "experiences" ...and last time I checked...God has not said that all these things ended in Acts.

Just saying...

Reactions: pia

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the very reason these online sites are not really for edification. With an innocent desire to present something encouraging I forever find that heated combat ensues over even a "good morning, God bless you".

Once upon a time would be a better way to begin any presentation, even the ones regarding encouraging, prophetic edification. I see so many that reject the gifts of the spirit, the baptism of the Holy Spirit being prerequisite to receive the gifts.

Once upon a time many years ago (there I'm off the hook!) the Lord gave me a dream. It was a period of time when after fasting and praying to God, I knew on the night following the fast's end He would give me a prophetic dream. It's scriptural.

In this dream Jesus was walking down the sidewalk of a city. He was carrying a large basket. It was filled with wonderful gifts from God. The baptism in the Holy Spirit, all the spiritual gifts shown in 1st Corinthians. Gifts for every need of men.

Instead of being receptive and thankful the people fled in fear before Him. They were running away, crossing the street. Literally diving aside to avoid getting near Him. They were cursing Him and telling him to leave, get away!

I don't know how many here are filled with the Holy Spirit but I'm certain many are not. How do I know, how would anyone know? By the words and spirit of unbelief that is palpable.

You do not receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit at the same time you are saved. Re: Acts 19. These men were already believers but hadn't heard of the Holy Spirit. Until you are filled with the Holy Spirit (Jesus is the one and only baptizer in the Holy Spirit) you are dry bones. Thankfully Jesus found me and saved me outside of church walls.

Denominational people would come to my door inviting me to attend their church. Never a word about Jesus or His love, His forgiveness, His crucifixion. Just come to church. These too were lacking the power of the Holy Spirit to guide them in their ways. "some were sent and some just went"... "you can call yourself but you can't anoint yourself" are some fine old adages for witnessing without the power - and the dunamis - of the Holy Spirit.

I doubt if anything I said in any of this is of consequence and I regret ever having shared it. I won't repeat my error. I do pray that God will touch, save and baptize with the Holy Spirit all who seek His face with a true heart.

Though hopeful of being an encourager I find the opposite is suspected. Jesus promised that His sheep would know his voice. If He never speaks to you then you may well ask why? Denominational religion always rejects the gifts of the spirit as being;

1. Not for today.
2. Of another "dispensation". (dispensing with God's word)
3. Not needed
4. Of the debil!

Until a believer is baptized in His Holy Spirit they are still walking in the flesh, not the spirit.

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
This is the very reason these online sites are not really for edification. With an innocent desire to present something encouraging I forever find that heated combat ensues over even a "good morning, God bless you".

Once upon a time would be a better way to begin any presentation, even the ones regarding encouraging, prophetic edification. I see so many that reject the gifts of the spirit, the baptism of the Holy Spirit being prerequisite to receive the gifts.

Once upon a time many years ago (there I'm off the hook!) the Lord gave me a dream. It was a period of time when after fasting and praying to God, I knew on the night following the fast's end He would give me a prophetic dream. It's scriptural.

In this dream Jesus was walking down the sidewalk of a city. He was carrying a large basket. It was filled with wonderful gifts from God. The baptism in the Holy Spirit, all the spiritual gifts shown in 1st Corinthians. Gifts for every need of men.

Instead of being receptive and thankful the people fled in fear before Him. They were running away, crossing the street. Literally diving aside to avoid getting near Him. They were cursing Him and telling him to leave, get away!

I don't know how many here are filled with the Holy Spirit but I'm certain many are not. How do I know, how would anyone know? By the words and spirit of unbelief that is palpable.

You do not receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit at the same time you are saved. Re: Acts 19. These men were already believers but hadn't heard of the Holy Spirit. Until you are filled with the Holy Spirit (Jesus is the one and only baptizer in the Holy Spirit) you are dry bones. Thankfully Jesus found me and saved me outside of church walls.

Denominational people would come to my door inviting me to attend their church. Never a word about Jesus or His love, His forgiveness, His crucifixion. Just come to church. These too were lacking the power of the Holy Spirit to guide them in their ways. "some were sent and some just went"... "you can call yourself but you can't anoint yourself" are some fine old adages for witnessing without the power - and the dunamis - of the Holy Spirit.

I doubt if anything I said in any of this is of consequence and I regret ever having shared it. I won't repeat my error. I do pray that God will touch, save and baptize with the Holy Spirit all who seek His face with a true heart.

Though hopeful of being an encourager I find the opposite is suspected. Jesus promised that His sheep would know his voice. If He never speaks to you then you may well ask why? Denominational religion always rejects the gifts of the spirit as being;

1. Not for today.
2. Of another "dispensation". (dispensing with God's word)
3. Not needed
4. Of the debil!

Until a believer is baptized in His Holy Spirit they are still walking in the flesh, not the spirit.

View attachment 1072

imho - dreams and visions and voices will come but must be checked to see if these things be so according to the Church and Scriptures - here the very idea of an open door without a door but only a door frame suggests the broad road or broad way and is incompatible with Scriptures which suggests a door as the way and in fact two doors = knock and it shall be opened and behold I stand at the door of your heart and knock - imho - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
This door, these doors are for believers only. For those that walk closely with Him. Waiting at His altar, listening for His still, small voice. Every day is a new door of opportunity furnished by the Lord. We can walk through it... or not. He won't force us.

Part of what's on the other side of those daily doors is direct service to the Holy Spirit in directed witness for Jesus.

The darkness and the light are the Lord's. The people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light. If the Lord didn't visit dark places He would never have found me. We all dwelled in the land of the shadow of death when He came and showed us His light. His door offered to us to step into His eternal light.

Isaiah 9:2 (NKJV) The people who walked in darkness Have seen a great light; Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, Upon them a light has shined.

Exodus 20:21 (NKJV) So the people stood afar off, but Moses drew near the thick darkness where God was.

1 Kings 8:12 (NKJV) Then Solomon spoke: "The Lord said He would dwell in the dark cloud.

No matter to me if agreement of what He showed me is made or not. I receive what the Holy Spirit gives, not what others say He should show...for these reasons I share limited amounts of what He tells me. Only that given for edification and encouragement.

exactly - see my post - twinc

Stranger

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

View attachment 1072

exactly where does it say an open door - twinc

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't take anyones word for it. Still...how does the confirmation come?

Stranger
In various ways. Sometimes through two or three others ( who I trust not to speak of their own thinking ), other times I simply wait for Jesus to confirm it, and yet others when the revelation comes. I have realized that many times I have sat on something because I was too afraid of assuming that it was the Holy Spirit and not some other spirit, but so far that has not been shown to be true, but I still will not just go with something, unless I am 100% certain that it is from above.
I am as able to be deceived if not careful, just like anyone else ( as I found out in a couple of 'churches' / fellowships ), and because I was almost a blank canvas when I started attending a fellowship and had assumed that they knew things much much better than I did. Well meaning they may be, but they have no idea how they can get a person into doubt about some things. the only things I would not receive from them, were the things I saw Jesus say to me face to face, and they got upset with me, for not going along with them.
Ah yes, the old saying " Assumption is the mother of all ****ups "......I really do believe that saying now !
Hope I was able to answer what you were looking for? :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Once upon a time would be a better way to begin any presentation, even the ones regarding encouraging, prophetic edification. I see so many that reject the gifts of the spirit, the baptism of the Holy Spirit being prerequisite to receive the gifts

Frank, how right you are! Pathetic isn't it. But, never the less it is good for us...the Enemy always has silly people who are too willing to be used by him...putty in his hand.:rolleyes:
But, be heartened..there are still plenty of us who read and enjoy all posts that are edifying, encouraging, or prophetical. God still speaks in dreams and visions..and the enemy still belittles them...well he would do if anyone believed him, or those that he speaks through.
One would think that Christians would seek the Lord and ask Him "if these things be.." But no, they run in fear from anything "of the Spirit , afraid they will somehow get a demon of deception jump upon them or something. Well , their loss, that is all I can say.
Be blessed....always...