Being Faithful to God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He’s gone in one of the ditches with this. What is the opposite ditch?

Is the Cross a Ditch?
Is the blood of Jesus a Ditch?
Is the Grace of God that does not accept your works, a Ditch?
Is Christ making the born again Righteous, by His eternal sacrifice, a "ditch"
You see to think so., and you are one of the many who hang around this forum, who can't explain what it means to be born again, and to you this is a "curiosity", yet Jesus told YOU, stunnedbygrace, that "you must be born again".
Is that a "ditch" also?
Let me guess....Your OPINION is not a ditch.
Its that right?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Cross a Ditch?
Is the blood of Jesus a Ditch?
Is the Grace of God that does not accept your works, a Ditch?
Is Christ making the born again Righteous, by His eternal sacrifice, a "ditch"
You see to think so., and your one of those who can't explain what it means to be born again, and to you this is a "curiosity", yet Jesus told YOU, stunnedbygrace, that "you must be born again".
Is that a "ditch" also?

Hello again Diotrophes.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are gaslighting all over my leg and telling me it’s rain.
You’re also serving a lot of word salad.

Reactions: Lambano

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can always find the self saving deceivers who believe that Christ does not, and can not keep you save.
Thank you David, for stepping up into the light so that we can see your Legalism.

I am what I am by the grace of God.

He’s gone in one of the ditches with this. What is the opposite ditch?

Satan fights from two towers, lawlessness and legalism.... We are saved by grace, sanctified by grace, This is all his work in us. We are to bear the fruit of the Spirit with the grace given to us to His glory. "For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus UNTO Good works, which God hath ordained that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10)

Here is the link to the full context of the verse, there is lots in this passage to digest of the full Gospel Paul preached, and how to avoid both of these strongholds of Satan.
Ephesians 2:4-10

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are gaslighting all over my leg and telling me it’s rain.
You’re also serving a lot of word salad.

The reason you can't even try to defend what you believe, is because there is nothing there you can use.

You are using "witchcraft" science, verbiage, to try to talk to me, a born again Christian.

Maybe you should think before you post something else that is more unrelated to Christianity.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought to give you a little attention might calm you. My better judgement was to ignore you. Massive fail.

Reactions: David H.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I thought to give you a little attention might calm you. My better judgement was to ignore you. Massive fail.

Im responding to you, remember?
You decided to shove your ignorant sarcasm in a post to me today, and now you think i need your "attention"?
Thats kinda stupid, for you to say that, after you brought this on yourself, stunnedbygrace.

So..Let me ask you a few question, that you can dodge... or you can answer so that the members here can see you as you really are, spiritually.

When were you born again. ? How were you born again?
When were you saved ? How were you saved"?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When were you born again. ? How were you born again?
When were you saved ? How were you saved"?

I was born anew with Gods Spirit on 8/3/06.
I was born anew by receiving Gods Spirit.
I was saved to eternal life when I received Gods Spirit.
I was saved to eternal life by receiving Gods Spirit.

Reactions: amadeus and Lambano

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I was born anew with Gods Spirit on 8/3/06.
I was born anew by receiving Gods Spirit.
I was saved to eternal life when I received Gods Spirit.
I was saved to eternal life by receiving Gods Spirit.

I Think you are trying to say you trusted in Christ.., and that is AMEN !

Listed below, are my 5 Latest Threads, written this past week.
If you have time, .. there is a lot of information in them for the believer.
I post Threads, that are not just "how to understand", but also "how to teach a new convert, the basics of Paul's Doctrine.
The reason i do both, is to FULLY benefit the true disciple, as a true disciple is going to want to know the NT, and they will lead someone to Christ eventually, or they will find a new believer, and they will need to teach them the fundamentals....of the Faith.

StunnedbyGrace....It matters absolutely ZERO to God, what denomination we belong to,...so, its not about "we believe it this way"..
Its only about .>"Paul teaches THIS".
And that is what we are to do regarding "study to show yourself approved to God". . 1 Corinthians 11:1

Now, if you are not interested in any of this,... no harm and no foul.... there is no need to come and tell me that.....as that is fine.... as someone here will find use for it.
However, you took the time to share your Christian Bio with me, and so, im sharing my most recent work with you.
-
-

God came down for : All
-
-
Righteousness > Consciousness....a must have
-
-
In LIGHT : of the Cross
-
-
Salvation : vs service
-
-
Cross Power : Romans 1:16

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You offer Discipleship, as that is all you can offer AFTER God has SAVED You.

Discipleship is for all believers not just the few....
You see when you said "No Matter how you behave later" You are in fact teaching that the grace of God is a license to sin. This is the opposite extreme of Legalism and you are falling into Satan's hands as you are falling into his stronghold of lawlessness. It is Obvious to those who have eyes by the demeanor you show and lack of Love for those you do not agree with, and you cannot see that they are trying to help you see that you are entrenching yourself in that ditch (To use @stunnedbygrace term for it).

The Blood of Jesus not only forgives us of our sin, but it cleanses us of our sinful desires from the inside out, the by-product (Fruit Of the Spirit) of this is obedience, and surrender to the will of God, not behaving as we please. This is the EVIDENCE of being born again in the first place.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. (1 John 4:18-21)

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God. (Philippians 1:9-11)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Discipleship is for all believers not just the few....
You see when you said "No Matter how you behave later" You are in fact teaching that the grace of God is a license to sin. (Philippians 1:9-11)

Ive not stated that Discipleship is not for all believers.
I was pointing out that you do not understand the distinction between Salvation, that is God suppled and God continued, and what you do because this is what a born again person does, because they have been redeemed.

Salvation is God's part.
Discipleship is the "present your body"..>"reasonable service" part, that the born again do......not to be saved, or to stay saved, but because the born again ARE saved.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was pointing out that you do not understand the distinction between Salvation, that is God suppled and God continued, and what you do because this is what a born again person does, because they have been redeemed.

Salvation is God's part.
Discipleship is the "present your body"..>"reasonable service" part, that the born again do......not to be saved, or to stay saved, but because the born again ARE saved.

Then stop teaching that it does not matter how we behave later. You were wrong in saying that and now your contradicting yourself. Not only that you are misrepresenting what I have said so that you can continue accusing me of being a legalist. I said:

The Blood of Jesus not only forgives us of our sin, but it cleanses us of our sinful desires from the inside out, the by-product (Fruit Of the Spirit) of this is obedience, and surrender to the will of God, not behaving as we please. This is the EVIDENCE of being born again in the first place.

Note the word i capitalized...

Not only that I have quoted Ephesians 2:10 Numerous times "We are His workmanship".... A legalist puts faith in his will and strength and works.... But I am what I am by the grace of God. There is victory in Jesus.

You are accusing brethren and sisters who do not think as you do because they have put their faith into action in their lives and are producing the fruit of the Spirit which you falsely accuse of being legalistic behaviors.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Then stop teaching that it does not matter how we behave later. .

You misunderstood, or didnt comprehend.

Let me try again...

What i told you is, that regarding being born again..... having become a Son/Daughter of God......your behavior LATER, has no effect on having become born again,..= a Son/Daughter of God.

The CONTEXT of the discussion im having with some Legalist people on every Forum,.... who believe they can lose their salvation, because they actually have no Faith in Christ to keep them saved, is that they wrongly believe that THEY control their Salvation, after it has happened.
Well, you cant Control what you didnt Cause.
And most of the time a Legalist wrongly believes like this....its simply because they do not understand the difference between : Discipleship and Salvation.
They see them as ONE,, and in fact, they are not.

Salvation is what GOD does for you, through the Cross as : "The GIFT of Salvation.""
You dont do that, David, Devin, Ferris, Gen2Rev, GodsGrace, and others., as GOD does that........not you.
He did that 2000 yrs ago, on the Cross, not you.
And once you have this FREE GIfT of Salvation, That GOD provides, and you have become BORN AGAIN as proof you have it....then you " present your body as a living sacrifice", which is your Discipleship, that Paul teaches is your ."Reasonable Service". = . And that is your only part and its called DISCIPLESHIP.......not
Salvation.

Reactions: marks

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What i told you is, that regarding being born again..... having become a Son/Daughter of God......your behavior LATER, has no effect on having become born again,..= a Son/Daughter of God.

Your behaviour after salvation has a bearing on maturation spiritually as well quenching the Spirit from working in you. To teach what you teach is to teach doctrinally Spiritual stagnation, and separation from the Power of the Gospel. The Gospel not only forgives and saves, it transforms the person from one having the imputed righteousness of Christ to one who is sanctified and made Holy. It is like playing a game of Russian Roulette with the Gift of Grace.

And most of the time a Legalist wrongly believes like this....its simply because they do not understand the difference between : Discipleship and Salvation.
They see them as ONE,, and in fact, they are not.

They are both part of the same Gospel and part of the same way to holiness. (Romans 6:19-22) TO separate them as you do is to teach complacency, and Spiritual stagnation. No New Testament writer spoke more of Holiness and becoming saints than Paul did and to teach these things as distinct from one another is to ignore half of the Gospel of Paul or to put half of it as "Optional" to the believer who "chooses" the path of discipleship.

Salvation is what GOD does for you, through the Cross as : "The GIFT of Salvation.""

I Agree. Never have I denied this. what we DO with this gift after we receive it does matter though. The fact that you cannot see this , and the error of the statement you made (Saying it is an error of my comprehension) instead of admitting your wording was poor, shows your character in this regard.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your behaviour after salvation has a bearing on maturation spiritually as well quenching the Spirit from working in you. To teach what you teach is to teach doctrinally Spiritual stagnation,

David,

I need you to notice something

"CONTEXT". = the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.

You are missing the CONTEXT of most of my Replies.

Here it is.
I only reply to LEGALISM, and LEGALIST, 95% of the time, here.
So, im not teaching discipleship is "to do nothing".
Im correcting the IDEA that you have to do something to stay saved, as that teaching is CROSS REJECTION and "anti-Christ".

Im correcting the false Legalism, and the LEGALIST< who teach that for you to STAY SAVED, or be saved.... you have to "do, do, do, this, this, and that".

Listen, everyone who is born again, and not just water baptized, has the responsibility of DISCIPLESHIP, that is to "Present your BODY, to GOD, as a living sacrifice."""

Paul said : that this is your "Reasonable service".

However....
The HERETIC.
The DECEIVER.
The LIAR
The Cult members....teach that this that you do, you do to try to KEEP YOUR SALVATION, or to try to EARN IT.

That is the "gospel of works" and that gospel is : Galatians 1:8

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the "gospel of works" and that gospel is : Galatians 1:8

There is no need to yell....
I Understand what you are saying, But in the process of attacking the legalists (Tares) you are attacking believers (Wheat) as well. There are believers who are true who are going through the valley of Doubt on the road to full assurance of the faith that for whatever reasons are doubting their salvation and are relying on their own will and strength so that they can reach the point of brokenness and absolute trust in the work of God in their lives. Our job is not to uproot them but to edify them. All Believers who are true to Jesus will go through this time of doubt and sometimes the law is at the forefront of this, as they learn to go from the law of sin and death to the law of the Spirit of life in their lives (Romans 7 vs Romans 8 Christian.) This is a process for some especially those who have been brought up in the church, and its tendency to stress outward obedience rather than the motives of the heart.