Being Faithful to God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the Bible says is that Jesus told them to wait, and they would receive power, and they would be His witnesses.

Teaching Christians that even being born again, they cannot walk in the Spirit without something more denies the reality that God has already given us all we need...
What does this mean to the "born again" person?

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

What happens if a born again person doe quench the Holy Spirit within himself?

What was it the natural children of Israel did to their God?

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can do that by their determination. One must petition God and be accepted into the Beloved.

This begins our life with God.
What does this mean to the "born again" person?

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

What happens if a born again person doe quench the Holy Spirit within himself?

What was it the natural children of Israel did to their God?

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

And what happens when a man believes the Word of God and lives accordingly?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that few would find the kingdom although MANY would try. I am reminded here of the jealousy of Cain towards his brother who received "something more" from God than he did. The carnal mind cannot tolerate God giving more to others than to itself. This very real issue must be looked at. If ignored, the only conclusion we can come to is a defense of the rights of the carnal man. God decides who enters His kingdom realm. But this is not a popular thing for the carnal mind to agree with...it goes directly against the "fairness" factor in the natural order. But it is God's way.

Many would try? I don't recall that part. Many are called but few are chosen. Some will claim their works as a last-ditch defense to save them from condemnation. But that doesn't mean they were actually trying to find the kingdom of God. Those who seek find, so if they were actually seeking, they would have found Him.

Yes, I agree, a fleshy mind thinks of itself, and what it can have. The spiritual mind rejoices in others having a deep and rich relationship with God.

God gave an invitation, and His invitation is real. At least, I believe Him. Those who seek, find. To him who knocks, the door is opened.

If we live in the Spirit, let us walk in the Spirit, but you claim is that we cannot, unless we, as God's children, receive something extra, but that is refuted in Peter's letter,

2 Peter 1:3 LITV
3) As His divine power has given to us all things pertaining to life and godliness through the full knowledge of the One calling us through glory and virtue,

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are espousing is a denial of seeking God's face for God's presence.
Not in the slightest, and I fear you have greatly misunderstood me.

Hebrews 13:5-6 KJV
5) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
6) So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This begins our life with God.

And what happens when a man believes the Word of God and lives accordingly?

Much love!
If a man truly believes the Word of God, how is it that he is then able to live accordingly? Is it not because he is allowing the Holy Spirit to lead?

How well can a man live for God all alone? If we quench the Spirit of God in us and lead ourselves, what must the result be?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An interesting conundrum I concur with! :)

But which one brings the greater shame?
Either will divert you from reality.

Colossians 2:20-23 KJV
20) Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21) (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22) Which all are to perish with the using) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23) Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Sometimes a different translation will clarify a passage . . .

Colossians 2:20-23 EMTV
20) If you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you submit to regulations--
21) "Do not handle, nor taste, nor touch,"
22) which things are all for corruption with the using, according to the commands and teaching of men?
23) These things indeed have a reputation of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and severity on the body, but are not of any value against the indulgence of the flesh.

We can err in either direction, by indulgence and a lack of self-control, or by ascetism and false humility, thinking these somehow show a spiritual life. In the Spirit we have control over the flesh. If we walk in the Spirit we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Can we walk in the Spirit by faith today? I answer, yes we can, God admonishes us to do so, and has declared to have provided the Way.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a man truly believes the Word of God, how is it that he is then able to live accordingly? Is it not because he is allowing the Holy Spirit to lead?

How well can a man live for God all alone? If we quench the Spirit of God in us and lead ourselves, what must the result be?
The Word of God tells us that being reborn we have received His Spirit. Are we alone if we have His Spirit? If we believe in Him, and His Spirit is in us, what will result from His presence in us?

Galatians 5:13-14 KJV
13) For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14) For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 6:16 KJV
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Let us not be like that. Let us say, I believe, and I obey.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word of God tells us that being reborn we have received His Spirit. Are we alone if we have His Spirit? If we believe in Him, and His Spirit is in us, what will result from His presence in us?
If we quench the Spirit, we are alone leading ourselves to our own destruction

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me." John 15:4

"If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned." John 15:6

Reactions: Azim

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we quench the Spirit, we are alone leading ourselves to our own destruction

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me." John 15:4

"If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned." John 15:6
And if we walk in the Spirit, we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. Can we walk in the Spirit today? By faith?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:1 KJV
1) Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

Do we have the power from the Holy Spirit to fulfill this command? Will we not rejoice as we understand God's truth? It will be joy to our soul!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:8-11 KJV
8) Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9) And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10) That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11) If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

by faith.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in the slightest, and I fear you have greatly misunderstood me.

Hebrews 13:5-6 KJV
5) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
6) So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Much love!

Who here actually believes that Jesus will NEVER leave you?

I do, myself. Do you?

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if we walk in the Spirit, we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. Can we walk in the Spirit today? By faith?

Much love!
IF we walk in the Spirit! The reason Paul admonishes us to not quench the Spirit, is because we may still choose to lead ourselves instead of surrendering our all to Him!

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:3-5

The "stranger" we are Not to follow includes that carnal old man who had the dominion in us before we met the Master! If we are still tempted to sin, that old man is not yet completely dead, is he?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that few would find the kingdom although MANY would try.
@Pearl quoted in another thread,

Luke 13:24 KJV
24) Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Perhaps that was what you were thinking of?

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who here actually believes that Jesus will NEVER leave you?

I do, myself. Do you?

Much love!
How did Adam and Eve disobey God? Did God desert them? Is God a respecter of persons?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did Adam and Eve disobey God? Did God desert them? Is God a respecter of persons?
Do you believe that Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you? I do, myself. Do you?

Much love!