Belief, then rest….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 4:3a (NASB20)
For we who have believed enter that rest, …………………………………

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belief and rest go hand in hand in scripture, for a proper belief produces a rest in God which the heart itself can know by experience….

But just what exactly is this proper belief that produces this joy of the heart that the heart itself can taste and know about? This joy that is said to never cease, but to grow and become deeper, more real, more vivid, so of a truth, it can be called the joy of the heart?….

Faith in what produces such a joy?

Before this question can be answered it must be understood that all truths are expressed by words, but those words are not the experiencing of that truth… And only by the experiencing of a truth can one experience the fruit of that truth… That being said, the answer is;

The replacement of oneself with Christ… For wherever Christ is, joy is, if one has no joy it is because something else has the heart other then Christ…

This is the answer, but it does perplex the heart that has no experiencing of this truth.. For only by the experiencing of a truth, can one know that truth, otherwise it will remain just words printed on a page…

So how does one experience this truth?

By being willing to enter into death to be freed from oneself… For death ends all things of this life and death is what Christ brought to man, that man would be raised to a newness of life when Christ Himself was raised… For as Christ had to go through both a death and resurrection, the believer himself must go through their own death and resurrection… Which has all been done and purchased for man and given to man as a free gift of salvation… Which salvation can only be enjoyed by the experiencing of it…

Believing into one’s salvation is as simple as believing into the truth that when Christ died one died, that regardless of all outward things, whether pleasing or not pleasing one maintains the faith of the heart that says;

Galatians 2:20 (NASB20)
“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the long and short of experiencing and entering into the rest of God… The life that takes this scripture to heart and mixes this scripture with faith, will in a very short order experience a joy of the heart that will cause the heart itself to jump with joy….

Oh the joy of; not I but Christ…

Be blessed all in the experiencing…

A fellow believer, Not me

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hebrews 4:3a (NASB20)
For we who have believed enter that rest, …………………………………

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belief and rest go hand in hand in scripture, for a proper belief produces a rest in God which the heart itself can know by experience….

But just what exactly is this proper belief that produces this joy of the heart that the heart itself can taste and know about? This joy that is said to never cease, but to grow and become deeper, more real, more vivid, so of a truth, it can be called the joy of the heart?….

Faith in what produces such a joy?

Before this question can be answered it must be understood that all truths are expressed by words, but those words are not the experiencing of that truth… And only by the experiencing of a truth can one experience the fruit of that truth… That being said, the answer is;

The replacement of oneself with Christ… For wherever Christ is, joy is, if one has no joy it is because something else has the heart other then Christ…

This is the answer, but it does perplex the heart that has no experiencing of this truth.. For only by the experiencing of a truth, can one know that truth, otherwise it will remain just words printed on a page…

So how does one experience this truth?

By being willing to enter into death to be freed from oneself… For death ends all things of this life and death is what Christ brought to man, that man would be raised to a newness of life when Christ Himself was raised… For as Christ had to go through both a death and resurrection, the believer himself must go through their own death and resurrection… Which has all been done and purchased for man and given to man as a free gift of salvation… Which salvation can only be enjoyed by the experiencing of it…

Believing into one’s salvation is as simple as believing into the truth that when Christ died one died, that regardless of all outward things, whether pleasing or not pleasing one maintains the faith of the heart that says;

Galatians 2:20 (NASB20)
“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the long and short of experiencing and entering into the rest of God… The life that takes this scripture to heart and mixes this scripture with faith, will in a very short order experience a joy of the heart that will cause the heart itself to jump with joy….

Oh the joy of; not I but Christ…

Be blessed all in the experiencing…

A fellow believer, Not me

I suggest you understand what the term "rest" means, and when I say that, I mean from at least the Greek and then the Hebrew. Your philosophy is not in line with the meanings of rest. Not only rest but when to rest as the two go hand in hand. The Bible is it's own dictionary the Greek word for rest in the verse you are using in Hebrews 4:3a is καταπαυσις katapausis - In the Greek Septuagint which is the Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures it is often used for the Hebrew word מנוחה menuwchah. Many times connected to the 7Th day Sabbath rest as in

NKJ Exodus 35:2 "Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

So if you go back and get the context of the verse quoted Heb 4:3a which would be the start of Heb 4, then at least the rest of the chapter but to be more prudent the context would be the whole book of Hebrews. Heb 4:3 is quoting Psalm 95:11 read the whole Psalm for context. Then next verses in Heb 4:4-5 connects the rest to the 7th day Sabbath. This passage is linking the Messianic reign of Messiah and beyond that eternal life to the same rest as those who rest on the Sabbath.

Look at the name of the Book it was written to Hebrew people. They all knew what the rest related too. Not some philosophical westernized English jargon, redefining what the Biblical rest is.

I also suggest you look more deeply into the other word you quoted being belief again from Greek and Hebrew.

Shalom

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest you understand what the term "rest" means, and when I say that, I mean from at least the Greek and then the Hebrew. Your philosophy is not in line with the meanings of rest. Not only rest but when to rest as the two go hand in hand. The Bible is it's own dictionary the Greek word for rest in the verse you are using in Hebrews 4:3a is καταπαυσις katapausis - In the Greek Septuagint which is the Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures it is often used for the Hebrew word מנוחה menuwchah. Many times connected to the 7Th day Sabbath rest as in

NKJ Exodus 35:2 "Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

So if you go back and get the context of the verse quoted Heb 4:3a which would be the start of Heb 4, then at least the rest of the chapter but to be more prudent the context would be the whole book of Hebrews. Heb 4:3 is quoting Psalm 95:11 read the whole Psalm for context. Then next verses in Heb 4:4-5 connects the rest to the 7th day Sabbath. This passage is linking the Messianic reign of Messiah and beyond that eternal life to the same rest as those who rest on the Sabbath.

Look at the name of the Book it was written to Hebrew people. They all knew what the rest related too. Not some philosophical westernized English jargon, redefining what the Biblical rest is.

I also suggest you look more deeply into the other word you quoted being belief again from Greek and Hebrew.

Shalom

As said before, be blessed in Him…

In the Beloved, Not me