Believe it or not

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
When a person chooses to accept something they believe is true, then that belief will become absolutely real to them. Any kind of belief could be accepted as truth, but that does not mean it is real. A belief is formed when a person lacks knowledge (Knowing) about something in this universe. They fill up the cracks in their knowledge by adding belief after belief, because they just don't know something in particular at that time. Belief seems like the best way to ascertain some type of understanding, but it can't create any type of certainty of how things really are.

Certainty cannot be drawn from any belief anyone can have, unless of course a belief happens to be proven as correct at some time in the future. This only happens when the belief that the person has is verified due to actual evidence, but then the belief is dispelled and the facts take over.

For instance:

If I put 100 dollars into a slot machine and believed I could triple my money, and it did. My belief became a reality, but did my belief that the machine would pay out what I wanted actually cause the machine to pay out? If I just accepted that I didn't know if the machine would pay out, then it still would have paid out. Believing didn't actually give me any certainty, or change anything in my favour. All it did was give me the hope that I knew something about the slot machine that I couldn't possibly know.

Last edited: