• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Before regeneration, man is dead to God friend. His mind is blinded and darkened which contains the intellect. Eph 4:18
Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Also see that word ignorance ?

"blindness of their heart".
= "unbelief".

IN comes the Preacher. He gives them the Gospel. = THEIR..."FAITH....comes.........>BY HEARING" The Word.
God accepts THEIR FAITH in Christ....as "faith is counted as Righteousness".
In other words, once they gave God their Faith, God accepted their Faith and esteemed it, as worthy to give them, "The GIFT of RIGHTEOUSNESS".

See that GIFT?
That is God's very Righteousness, being GIVEN to a BELIEVER, who has just GIVEN GOD THEIR FAITH IN CHRIST.

That is a Spiritual TRANSACTION that results in SALVATION and ETERNAL LIFE for the BELIEVER, and GOD gains a born again SON, and Jesus gains a part of His BRIDE who has become a eternal part of the Body of Christ.

They have done the "work of God".

"The WORK of God, is that you BELIEVE ON JESUS, whom God Sent".
When you do that, God forgives all your sin, and gives you the new Birth. = Born again.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"blindness of their heart".
= "unbelief".

IN comes the Preacher. He gives them the Gospel. = THEIR..."FAITH....comes.........>BY HEARING" The Word.
God accepts THEIR FAITH in Christ....as "faith is counted as Righteousness".
In other words, once they gave God their Faith, God accepted their Faith and esteemed it, as worthy to give them, "The GIFT of RIGHTEOUSNESS".

See that GIFT?
That is God's very Righteousness, being GIVEN to a BELIEVER, who has just GIVEN GOD THEIR FAITH IN CHRIST.

That is a Spiritual TRANSACTION that results in SALVATION and ETERNAL LIFE for the BELIEVER, and GOD gains a born again SON, and Jesus gains a part of His BRIDE who has become a eternal part of the Body of Christ.

They have done the "work of God".

"The WORK of God, is that you BELIEVE ON JESUS, whom God Sent".
When you do that, God forgives all your sin, and gives you the new Birth. = Born again.
Mans ignorance, blindness of heart and mind comes from his transgression in Adam, its the effects of Gods warning, ye shall surely die. Man died to God, we enter this world spiritually dead, blind, ignorant to all spiritual things. The only hope is if God makes us a new creature. A dead person cannot believe unto righteousness.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
behold

IN comes the Preacher. He gives them the Gospel. = THEIR..."FAITH....comes.........>BY HEARING"

Hearing is an activity of having life, dead men dont hear. If the Gospel comes to a spiritually dead soul, it drops on deaf ears.

Jesus told spiritually dead men this Jn 8:43
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word

Notice He said they cannot hear His word, sure they heard it naturally, but they had no ability to hear Him spiritually. Thats the plight of every spiritually dead sinner my friend.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A dead person cannot believe unto righteousness.

Christ came for Sinners.... To save them.
He did, 2000 Yrs ago, on the Cross.
When a person comes to Christ, after hearing the Gospel, and they BELIEVE that Jesus is their Savior, is THE Savior, ... when they understand they are a sinner, going to Hell.......and they reach out to God for Salvation, which is faith in Christ...
God never turns them down, as He SENT Jesus for them.
He instantly receives their Faith and gives them the new birth, = born again.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ came for Sinners.... To save them.
He did, 2000 Yrs ago, on the Cross.
When a person comes to Christ, after hearing the Gospel, and they BELIEVE that Jesus is their Savior, is THE Savior, ... when they understand they are a sinner, going to Hell.......and they reach out to God for Salvation, which is faith in Christ...
God never turns them down, as He SENT Jesus for them.
He instantly receives their Faith and gives them the new birth, = born again.
A dead person cant reach out ! If a man is drowned in the water, dead, and someone throws him a rope for him to reach out and grab, will he have the ability, being hes dead ?
A dead person cannot believe unto righteousness. Once a person is saved, made alive, then they believe unto righteousness.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A dead person cant reach out

The person isn't dead.
And a "dead spirit" exists.....or this world full of unbelievers would not be alive.

So, "dead" .....to be spiritually dead, means to be "cut off" or "separated from" The Spirit of God.

Adam died spiritually when he rebelled, but his spirit didnt DIE Literally....it was just disconnected "separated" from God's Spirit.

And to be Born again, means you have been RE-JOINED to God's Spirit, and have become "ONE with God" exactly the same as Adam had this, before he rebelled.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The person isn't dead.
And a "dead spirit" exists.....or this world full of unbelievers would not be alive.

So, "dead" .....to be spiritually dead, means to be "cut off" or "separated from" The Spirit of God.

Adam died spiritually when he rebelled, but his spirit didnt DIE Literally....it was just disconnected "separated" from God's Spirit.

And to be Born again, means you have been RE-JOINED to God's Spirit, and have become "ONE with God" exactly the same as Adam had this, before he rebelled.
Yes they are really dead.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not dead......literally, but spiritually separated from God's Spirit.
This is why you "Must be born again" Spiritually by God, so that your Spirit becomes again a part of God's Spirit.

"One with God". = born again.
Yes really spiritually dead. Dead to God, separated/alienated from God Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Naturally we are to the things of God, dead, alienated, ignorant, blindness of heart.

So a person cant believe unto righteousness unless that changes, and that only changes by the new birth.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So a person cant believe unto righteousness unless that changes, and that only changes by the new birth.

Let me show you how God brings a person to Himself.

Christ said..."if i be LIFTED UP from the earth....= THE CROSS......i will draw ALL PEOPLE to Myself'...

See that ?

Notice......."DRAW". "all people"......."to myself".

That is the work of the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, opening the heart of a person when they Hear that Jesus died for them..

See that? That is what happens when myself or another minister "preaches Christ Crucified"......""""the preaching of the CROSS is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are SAVED. = IT is the power of God. ""

Now see How Christ said if He is LIFTED UP......on the Cross......CRUCIFIED........and then when this Cross is Preached....this offer of reconciliation to God through CHRIST, that is John 3:16.....then the "power of God'.....that is the Holy Spirit opening hearts.....as "faith comes by HEARING"....this preaching..

See how all that works?

Look now at this verse.. "It pleased GOD, by the foolishness of PREACHING (the Cross) to SAVE THOSE WHO BELIEVE">.

See it?
See the GOSPEL being preached?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me show you how God brings a person to Himself.

Christ said..."if i be LIFTED UP from the earth....= THE CROSS......i will draw ALL PEOPLE to Myself'...

See that ?

Notice......."DRAW". "all people"......."to myself".

That is the work of the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, opening the heart of a person when they Hear that Jesus died for them..

See that? That is what happens when myself or another minister "preaches Christ Crucified"......""""the preaching of the CROSS is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are SAVED. = IT is the power of God. ""

Now see How Christ said if He is LIFTED UP......on the Cross......CRUCIFIED........and then when this Cross is Preached....this offer of reconciliation to God through CHRIST, that is John 3:16.....then the "power of God'.....that is the Holy Spirit opening hearts.....as "faith comes by HEARING"....this preaching..

See how all that works?

Look now at this verse.. "It pleased GOD, by the foolishness of PREACHING (the Cross) to SAVE THOSE WHO BELIEVE">.

See it?
See the GOSPEL being preached?
I believe I told you this, but drawing is the New Birth. So those Christ was lifted for will be made a new creature and caused to believe in Him. If that doesnt happen, no one will seek God and believe Rom 3:11

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I believe I told you this, but drawing is the New Birth.

Drawing is not the new birth.
Drawing is the conviction of the Holy Spirit that happens in the heart of a person, as "faith comes by hearing".
So, as the gospel is being HEARD, ... Faith in the heart happens as the Holy Spirit is "drawing" the person to the saving knowledge of Jesus.
One that happens, once they BELIEVE, then their "faith is counted as righteousness" and they are "justified by faith"..
Sins are gone, and then God gives them the new birth and they become a "new creation" "in Christ".

Reactions: Jim B

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Drawing is not the new birth.
Drawing is the conviction of the Holy Spirit that happens in the heart of a person, as "faith comes by hearing".
So, as the gospel is being HEARD, ... Faith in the heart happens as the Holy Spirit is "drawing" the person to the saving knowledge of Jesus.
One that happens, once they BELIEVE, then their "faith is counted as righteousness" and they are "justified by faith"..
Sins are gone, and then God gives them the new birth and they become a "new creation" "in Christ".
Yes Drawing is the New Birth, a consequence of it.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
behold

blindness of their heart".
= "unbelief".

Lol, You can give, preach the Gospel all day long to a dead, death, blind man, he cant hear it, see it, understand it. Jesus told spiritually dead, blind, deaf people Jn 8:43

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

No hearing, no Faith , no understanding, no faith. One has to be spiritually alive and have spiritual ears to hear Gods word/Gospel for it to produce Faith.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
behold

Lol, You can give, preach the Gospel all day long to a dead, death, blind man, he cant hear it, .

"Faith comes by Hearing" and "Hearing by the word of God".

"It pleased GOD by the foolishness of PREACHING......to SAVE....THOSE.....THAT......BELIEVE".

"SAVE". = new birth = born again.

"faith is counted as righteousness"....>"Justified by FAITH."

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Faith comes by Hearing" and "Hearing by the word of God".

"It pleased GOD by the foolishness of PREACHING......to SAVE....THOSE.....THAT......BELIEVE".

"SAVE". = new birth = born again.

"faith is counted as righteousness"....>"Justified by FAITH."
You can preach to the dead but they cant hear you. Lol

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again is the evidence of a new spiritual birth.

You believe first, after hearing the gospel...then God takes it from there.

Philippians 1:6
Thats error, one cannot believe unless they are drawn first Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:
and I will raise him up at the last day.