• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thats error, one cannot believe unless they are drawn first Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:
and I will raise him up at the last day.

If you are right then God is very stupid.
As according to you He sends preachers out to preach to the unbelievers who can't hear the Gospel of the Grace of God.
On the other hand, it could be that God is very smart. ???

You might want to figure that out....

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See that? That is Jesus ripped off the Nails, and you up there on the Cross trying to keep your salvation or BE your own salvation by your SELF EFFORT.

This is RELIGION........its not salvation.

What's wrong with religion? We've made the word something bad today but the Bible says in James 1:27

27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

What's wrong with effort?

In Luke 13:24, Jesus says

24 “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

Titus 3:8

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Reactions: Jim B

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are right then God is very stupid.[/B]
As according to you He sends preachers out to preach to the unbelievers who can't hear the Gospel of the Grace of God.
On the other hand, it could be that God is very smart. ???

You might want to figure that out....
Now you resort to calling God terrible names.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What's wrong with religion?

27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
What's wrong with effort?
-
-

Religion is not Christianity.

You can have religion and not have Christ.
You can't have CHRISTianity and not have Christ.

And the verse you posted.........these are good deeds done well.
Nothing wrong with doing good deeds.
The problem is, if you BELIEVE that by doing good deeds, God will accept you as His Own.
He will never.
Why? Because God only accepts what CHRIST did for you on The Cross, to then accept you on that basis, alone.
This is why Jesus told you that He is : THE Way..... John 14:6

So, a person can be religious but lost. They can be a fine person, a honorable person, a "do-gooder", and they die and go directly to hell.
Thousands did today, yesterday, and tomorrow.
Many of them were exceptional people, and also water baptized,.... yet they died and went to hell.
Why?
Because Salvation is not based on your behavior or water works.
Going to Heaven, is NOT based on your behavior, or water works.
Salvation is only based on Christ's Sacrifice on the Cross. And this Sacrifice, has to be applied to you by God's Holy Spirit, or you do not have it.

Jesus said...."you must be born again"........as that is the only way to become eternally <>spiritually<> reconnected to God Himself....".as God is "A" Spirit".

Last edited: