Believing God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that's still Romans 7.....not wanting to sin...but still being too weak in the flesh. That's not grace yet. That comes in Romans 8 whereby the flesh is overcome by the law of the Spirit.

Now THAT's grace. :)
Paul was writing as a Christian in both romans7 and 8

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul was writing as a Christian in both romans7 and 8

Sure. But he is showing a transformation that most believers are not experiencing....from being under the law to being under grace. ...from being subject to the law of sin and death to liberation by the law of the Spirit.

What is lacking is an actual entering INTO Christ. When we abide in Him we walk as He walked because we are than as He is in this world.

D

Dave L

Oh boy...

Whoever believes INTO Jesus has eternal life. It's a spiritual formula. It's like saying whoever enters into a plane has the life of a bird. IOW they can fly.

The eternal life that John is speaking of is a KIND of life. ZOE life. This is a spiritual life that is found IN Christ. By abiding IN Him.

But it is easier to make up a religious sounding formula that really is no different from what other religions formulate.

The Muslim promise of 72 virgins comes to mind. That is a religious formula. There's no way to prove or disprove it.

That's how Christianity became a religion just like Islam.
How can Jesus say believers have eternal life and mean anything but that?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can Jesus say believers have eternal life and mean anything but that?

I know you can read.....so why don't you read before responding?

Eternal life....zoe life....is a KIND of life. A kind of life we can experience right now. It is the power of the life to come.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. But he is showing a transformation that most believers are not experiencing...
All true believers experience the transforming power of the Gospel, note 2 Corinthians 3:18.

Part of the issue you're having is conflating descriptive and prescriptive Gospel truths.

D

Dave L

I know you can read.....so why don't you read before responding?

Eternal life....zoe life....is a KIND of life. A kind of life we can experience right now. It is the power of the life to come.
But eternal life = always saved in God's mind and manifested in time.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. But he is showing a transformation that most believers are not experiencing....from being under the law to being under grace. ...from being subject to the law of sin and death to liberation by the law of the Spirit.

What is lacking is an actual entering INTO Christ. When we abide in Him we walk as He walked because we are than as He is in this world.
A Christian is a law keeper,having both law and grace in their life.1cor9:21, rom3:31,Hebrews8

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A Christian is a law keeper,having both law and grace in their life.1cor9:21, rom3:31,Hebrews8

A Christian fulfills the requirements of the law by the Spirit. Love fulfills the law. No need for human effort. In fact get the carnal humanity away from soiling the walk.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All true believers experience the transforming power of the Gospel, note 2 Corinthians 3:18.

Part of the issue you're having is conflating descriptive and prescriptive Gospel truths.

The bible descriptives only works if you have experienced what is being described. Bible prescriptives only apply to seekers of truth.

My issue is with they who have been taught to lie about something they have been indoctrinated into believing and saying....thinking there is no other level beyond what they have experienced.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Christian fulfills the requirements of the law by the Spirit. Love fulfills the law. No need for human effort. In fact get the carnal humanity away from soiling the walk.
The Spirit does not mortifying sin for us, we do as we are enabled by the Spirit.
It is not, let go and let God. It is God enabling us to obey by His Spirit. We repent, we mortify, we obey, we live..as the Spirit works in us

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Believers are eternally saved in the mind and purpose of God, manifested in time.

Fiction...and opinionating. Not supported by the bible....

God knows those who will continue to the end to the saving of the soul. But your reasoning has no purpose. People don't know what the future holds for them. One can speculate, and boast their opinion...that's it. Even Paul was fearful about his judgment. But Paul was wise. A foolish person rails and is confident.

D

Dave L

Fiction...and opinionating. Not supported by the bible....

God knows those who will continue to the end to the saving of the soul. But your reasoning has no purpose. People don't know what the future holds for them. One can speculate, and boast their opinion...that's it. Even Paul was fearful about his judgment. But Paul was wise. A foolish person rails and is confident.
God is the source of salvation from start to finish. If not, start praising yourself and thanking yourself for your salvation.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is the source of salvation from start to finish. If not, start praising yourself and thanking yourself for your salvation.

All this obsession with salvation is from your own overactive neurosis. I look at things from a life perspective and a relationship with God. I let God decide all other issues.

D

Dave L

All this obsession with salvation is from your own overactive neurosis. I look at things from a life perspective and a relationship with God. I let God decide all other issues.
How very cool of you............

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This means those who believe were always saved in God's decree and never can be lost.
How many times do you have to be told that God DOES NOT decree salvation or damnation? Were He to decree salvation, all would be saved. However God offers salvation to all of humanity through the Gospel.

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. (Isaiah 45:22)

D

Dave L

How many times do you have to be told that God DOES NOT decree salvation or damnation? Were He to decree salvation, all would be saved. However God offers salvation to all of humanity through the Gospel.

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. (Isaiah 45:22)
This is not true.

“And what if God, desiring to display His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience objects of wrath ready for destruction?” (Romans 9:22)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure...His grace is always at work. But people are justifying themselves as if grace was something they owned like a commodity. These people are fully unaware of God and His standard. If we claim something for ourselves...we lose any semblance of grace.

So you can't have it both ways...if you make a law out of grace...then you are hiding behind the law.

Grace gives us freedom....radical freedom....which people HATE. People instead want security and guarantees. But that is law not grace.

Throw a ball in the air and you can guarantee (have security) that it will fall down again. Is that law or grace?

Well, obviously the ball falling would be under the "law?" of gravity...
I don't see how I am making Grace into Law. God only "owns" grace (just like He owns all things) and He gives it when needed. I claim only what our Creator has offered...freely. This is not Law, it's a gift from His never-ending Love for His people. I did not understand grace for a long time and tried to "do" everything by my own strength, not understanding how His grace worked in us. His grace delivered me from a life headed for hellfire! I learned that I must mix faith into every single thing in order to truly see His grace at work in my life, once I understood that, my life has never been the same ♥
There are no guarantees as we have Him to see us through the trials that were promised would come. Faith-trust-grace...until I finally opened my clenched fists 4 years ago, THAT"S when EVERYTHING changed for me and, He shone the light on my sin and ONLY through His grace was I aware of so many things in my life that were NOT in line with His will. Only God owns grace and gives it when He sees fit.
I LOVE radical freedom...in Christ, because what He did for us, who deserved nothing but death, was radical to me. :)