Believing in yourself means having the courage to stand on your own two feet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
it's clear
if you do not believe then you do not
nothing i can do
John 15:1-2 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
John 15:4-6
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The bible is not my authority, I am my own authority. Even if the Bible is your authority, it is because you of you.
ohh sorry i got lost thought i was still in christian section
you can just ignore what i said like i can do anything anyway

Reactions: Nancy

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Everytime I hear that it is satanic to believe in yourself, I think just how infantile that line of thought is. God is within, nowhere else outside or in some book, thought, or belief system. It's widely believed that taking oneself to be their own God is satanic and blasphemy. However, I say it's the total opposite. NOT being your own God, light, believing in yourself is satanic. Yourself is all you have at the end of the day, you take yourself everywhere you go. Whether you accept Jesus, follow Islam, etc. it all starts with YOU. No one else makes that decision but YOU.

People think it's selfish to believe in yourself and should therefore not believe in yourself. This is the epitome of weakness being a virtue. There's so much rationalization around not believing in oneself as a means to justify not having fully grown up yet. I have been homeless before without anything. What got me out of it is believing in myself, not praying to some God outside of me. So I say, drop all fear and stand on your own two feet. Even if the body dies, so be it! I accept it fully, I live NOW, not tomorrow. Without death, there is no life. So what is the problem?

If you knew what lies beyond the grave @Animal2692 you would not be thinking this way. The problem is that you are thinking for today but life does not end if you die today. It is only your physical body that dies. How we live today in Christ or without him will determine our future position in eternity. JM2c

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Everytime I hear that it is satanic to believe in yourself, I think just how infantile that line of thought is.

Hmmm. This is the first I heard it is Satanic. Scripture says 'seek and you shall find' and I think 'stand on your own two feet' is just another way of expressing the idea that YHWH wants you to be all you can be. Both mean you have to do your part.

It's widely believed that taking oneself to be their own God is satanic and blasphemy. However, I say it's the total opposite.

Well then. Do you believe you created all that existed and that you exist outside of time? I again don't think it is satanic but it is the driver for Original Sin, humans thinking they can be God.

Let me ask you this; how would you rate your level of peace, happiness and contentment?

Make a Blessed Day!

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If you knew what lies beyond the grave @Animal2692 you would not be thinking this way. The problem is that you are thinking for today but life does not end if you die today. It is only your physical body that dies. How we live today in Christ or without him will determine our future position in eternity. JM2c

Today is all we have. Tomorrow is a projection. Tomorrow will come in the form of today, so there is no such thing as tomorrow really. And no one has ever been back from the dead to tell us what's next. Why don't human beings just grow up and stop pretending like they know instead of having the humility to realize they know nothing in the end? Why invent a comfortable story? Is simply not knowing really that bad?

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Hmmm. This is the first I heard it is Satanic. Scripture says 'seek and you shall find' and I think 'stand on your own two feet' is just another way of expressing the idea that YHWH wants you to be all you can be. Both mean you have to do your part.

Well then. Do you believe you created all that existed and that you exist outside of time? I again don't think it is satanic but it is the driver for Original Sin, humans thinking they can be God.

Let me ask you this; how would you rate your level of peace, happiness and contentment?

Make a Blessed Day!

Yes, I exist outside of time because I am always here and now. Here and now is not a specific location in time. How many nows are there and how long is now? Without consciousness, nothing can be known. And consciousness is me.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Today is all we have. Tomorrow is a projection. Tomorrow will come in the form of today, so there is no such thing as tomorrow really. And no one has ever been back from the dead to tell us what's next. Why don't human beings just grow up and stop pretending like they know instead of having the humility to realize they know nothing in the end? Why invent a comfortable story?
Plenty of people have been back from the dead beginning with Jesus our redeemer. You are incorrect. The bible tells us that Jesus will send his believers the Holy Spirit to dwell in us forever and to teach us all things. The Holy Spirit gives us knowledge about things that are happening today and also tomorrow. It is the truth that people do not know anything. It's the Holy Spirit dwelling within the believer who know's all things, even the deeper things of God. This Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the living God who reveals things to us according to God's will. :) Bless you!

PS: The salvation message is not a comfortable story. It is a story of hope and a story of conflict. A story of life and death and resurrection power by the one who lived the story and left us a legacy. Salvation and eternal life [live forever] for all who believe in him [Jesus Christ] by his grace through our faith. Faith in the fact that; he [Jesus] is the son of God, he died for our sins and rose again and sit's on God [the Father's] righthand.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I exist outside of time because I am always here and now. Here and now is not a specific location in time. How many nows are there and how long is now? Without consciousness, nothing can be known. And consciousness is me.
Wow. That's insightful. How would you rank your happiness and contentment now? Also, what is your overall religious beliefs?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Wow. That's insightful. How would you rank your happiness and contentment now? Also, what is your overall religious beliefs?
I don't think it is inciteful at all. He is not outside of time otherwise he would not be dictated by time for instance, he gets up at a certain time, has breakfast goes to work, has lunch, does some more work. comes home at a certain time and goes to bed. He has the circadian clock built within him which is not outside of time. He grows older as he spends more time here which is not outside of time....and I can go on but need to sleep as a nightshifter. My circadian clock is out of sequence but still within the guiding limits of time. ;)

Reactions: Nancy and Wrangler

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don't think it is inciteful at all. He is not outside of time otherwise he would not be dictated by time for instance, he gets up at a certain time, has breakfast goes to work, has lunch, does some more work. comes home at a certain time and goes to bed. He has the circadian clock built within him which is not outside of time. He grows older as he spends more time here which is not outside of time....and I can go on but need to sleep as a nightshifter. My circadian clock is out of sequence but still within the guiding limits of time. ;)

Except that if you actually stick close to your experience, it's always right 'now'. Anything that has happened or will happen, takes place right now. Time is an illusion, a tool to keep track of change. Time simply does not exist when you don't think about it.

Consciousness or awareness is timeless. It is that with which you know anything at all. That pure knowing...never changes, it observes change.

Last edited:

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Plenty of people have been back from the dead beginning with Jesus our redeemer. You are incorrect. The bible tells us that Jesus will send his believers the Holy Spirit to dwell in us forever and to teach us all things. The Holy Spirit gives us knowledge about things that are happening today and also tomorrow. It is the truth that people do not know anything. It's the Holy Spirit dwelling within the believer who know's all things, even the deeper things of God. This Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the living God who reveals things to us according to God's will. :) Bless you!

PS: The salvation message is not a comfortable story. It is a story of hope and a story of conflict. A story of life and death and resurrection power by the one who lived the story and left us a legacy. Salvation and eternal life [live forever] for all who believe in him [Jesus Christ] by his grace through our faith. Faith in the fact that; he [Jesus] is the son of God, he died for our sins and rose again and sit's on God [the Father's] righthand.

You had me at "Plenty of people have been back from the dead." Ok then why hasn't my grandma come back after she died? If all those people could come back to life after clinical death, so can she. I haven't seen a single zombie either, have you?

And you say the salvation message is not a comfortable story. Ok, but you still said it's a story. There's a whole lot of stories out there. Some beautiful, some dark. In the end, it's just a story.

Last edited:

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

I'm happy. I noticed that we don't need anything to be happy, but we need a reason to be unhappy. Otherwise, being happy is our natural state.

As far as religious beliefs, I have none. I don't believe in believing anything. I either know or I don't know. Why believe? Believing just means you don't really know. Better to just admit you don't know. I've believed so many things only to be proven wrong later. Religion is pure belief no matter how you cut it, you cannot have religion without it.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Everytime I hear that it is satanic to believe in yourself, I think just how infantile that line of thought is. God is within, nowhere else outside or in some book, thought, or belief system. It's widely believed that taking oneself to be their own God is satanic and blasphemy. However, I say it's the total opposite. NOT being your own God, light, believing in yourself is satanic. Yourself is all you have at the end of the day, you take yourself everywhere you go. Whether you accept Jesus, follow Islam, etc. it all starts with YOU. No one else makes that decision but YOU.

People think it's selfish to believe in yourself and should therefore not believe in yourself. This is the epitome of weakness being a virtue. There's so much rationalization around not believing in oneself as a means to justify not having fully grown up yet. I have been homeless before without anything. What got me out of it is believing in myself, not praying to some God outside of me. So I say, drop all fear and stand on your own two feet. Even if the body dies, so be it! I accept it fully, I live NOW, not tomorrow. Without death, there is no life. So what is the problem?
(This is not me using another account)

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Your post sounds very arrogant and so I wonder why you would come on a Christian site to promote your belief that you are your own God.

You describe you belief as 'other faith' what does that really mean?
I don't think you can believe in yourself the same way as you would believe in a God, since you can confirm yourself to yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You had me at "Plenty of people have been back from the dead." Ok then why hasn't my grandma come back after she died? If all those people could come back to life after clinical death, so can she. I haven't seen a single zombie either, have you?

And you say the salvation message is not a comfortable story. Ok, but you still said it's a story. There's a whole lot of stories out there. Some beautiful, some dark. In the end, it's just a story.
Your grandma cannot come back unless the Lord allows it. Your grandma might have come back if she were a believer and God wanted her to come back to give people her testimony. I have a story. That does not mean that my story is invalid because I call my life experiences with God, a story does it? ;)

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You know what grinds my gears about the whole religious stuff??? It's a human being who's doing all the interpreting of whichever holy book they're following. Does not matter if that particular believer is absolutely convinced that God is behind every word they impart, we only see their lips move, and hear the sounds of the language they use. Other than that, there's nothing I have ever noticed to be coming from a God.

Last edited:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Except that if you actually stick close to your experience, it's always right 'now'. Anything that has happened or will happen, takes place right now. Time is an illusion, a tool to keep track of change. Time simply does not exist when you don't think about it.

Consciousness or awareness is timeless. It is that with which you know anything at all. That pure knowing...never changes, it observes change.
Well I just hope you can wake up in time to realize that you are wasting precious time contemplating the non existence of time....while everything around you is subject to time. Then suddenly, your time is up and you face your maker. Creator of heaven and earth....just saying animated-smileys-embarrassed-18.gif.pagespeed.ce.WwK5MywOAU.gif

Reactions: Nancy and Wrangler

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You know what grinds my gears about the whole religious stuff??? It's a human being who's doing all the interpreting of whichever holy book they're following. Does not matter if that particular believer is absolutely convinced that God is behind every word they impart, we only see their lips move, and hear the sounds of the language they use.
Other than that, there's nothing I have ever noticed to be coming from a God.
Indeed! Understandable...