Beware of Men's Leaven on Rome

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo said:
... Revelation ceased with the death of the last apostle. ...
The church is given five ministries including prophets, and the 1 Cor. 14 outline of the operation of the church includes the prophets. Perhaps what you intended to suggest is that the church no longer has "pastors", because 1 Cor. 14 demands that WE ALL participate, not just some person week after week after week after week after week, -- well you get the idea. And because we no longer have "pastors", WE NOW HAVE HIRELINGS!

And I'm quite confident that HIRELINGS are spoken of in a positive light by Jesus, so we're in much better shape than you intimated! :)

Bobby Jo

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mungo said:
... Revelation ceased with the death of the last apostle. ...
The church is given five ministries including prophets, and the 1 Cor. 14 outline of the operation of the church includes the prophets. Perhaps what you intended to suggest is that the church no longer has "pastors", because 1 Cor. 14 demands that WE ALL participate, not just some person week after week after week after week after week, -- well you get the idea. And because we no longer have "pastors", WE NOW HAVE HIRELINGS!

And I'm quite confident that HIRELINGS are spoken of in a positive light by Jesus, so we're in much better shape than you intimated! :)

Bobby Jo

I don't know what you are on about.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what you are on about.

?Your false assertion?

... and here's another saying for your by-line:

“Where the questions of religion are concerned people are guilty of every possible kind of insincerity and intellectual misdemeanor.”
― Sigmund Freud, The Future of an Illusion

-- Not that I'm suggesting your "reply" was insincere ... OK, actually I was ...
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
?Your false assertion?

... and here's another saying for your by-line:

“Where the questions of religion are concerned people are guilty of every possible kind of insincerity and intellectual misdemeanor.”
― Sigmund Freud, The Future of an Illusion

-- Not that I'm suggesting your "reply" was insincere ... OK, actually I was ...
Bobby Jo

What false assertion?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
See Post #40. -- Why, how may false assertions do you have, that you should be confused?!?

Bobby Jo
It's not a false assertion.

IF you think it is then prove me wrong.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I already DID, in Post #42. -- Perchance, is English a second language?

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Your post #42 was irrelevant to the point I made.
You originally replied to a comment made to me by another person and ignored the context of the discusssion.

It was not about prophesy but Divine Revelation concerning the Faith handed on by the apostles

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post #42 was irrelevant to the point I made.

You made a FALSE assertion. I refuted it.

Are you normally argumentative? Do you simply ignore anything that contradicts your expectations? Are you an example of someone who is blind which is attempting to lead the blind?

Perhaps you are listening to a voice other than the Holy Spirit! :)
Bobby Jo

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You made a FALSE assertion. I refuted it.

Are you normally argumentative? Do you simply ignore anything that contradicts your expectations? Are you an example of someone who is blind which is attempting to lead the blind?

Perhaps you are listening to a voice other than the Holy Spirit! :)
Bobby Jo

I didn't make a false assertion and you didn't refute it.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't make a false assertion and you didn't refute it.

Please allow me to cite what appears to have been the conversation:

@Nondenom40 said:
The faith was delivered once for all. Not sure why that is difficult to understand. Doctrines and dogmas coming down later....some much later are not biblical doctrines or dogmas. That also shouldn't be too hard to understand.
"The faith was delivered once and for all."

@Mungo said:
Yes the Catholic Church believes that. Revelation ceased with the death of the last apostle.
But the pondering on what had been delivered went on for centuries - and still continues.

By all appearances @Mungo made two separate assertions: the first which the "Catholic Church" believes. And a second which @Mungo appeared to believe.

But re-reading @Mungo's posts, it appears that he actually may have intended to make ONE continuous statement. So the "period" was apparently either typographical, or grammatically contributed to poor communication.

I hope this belated analysis is correct, and that this post clears up any discord between @Mungo and myself.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Mungo