Beware of the NKJV Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessed1195

Nov 9, 2007
My Bible teacher the other day brought out a great point I wanted to share with you. He said that in NKJV Ezekial 13 the word souls was changed to birds and pillows in vs 18 to magic charms. This has changed the entire message. The message in KJV,Ez 13:vs 18-20, is about GOD being against those who teach his children to fly to save their souls and covering his outstretched arms.(This is GOD's denouncement of the Rapture theory).Just thought I'd pass this on. We must beware of the scribes of our Bibles. Remember 1 Chron 2:55 where the Kenites (sons of Cain) served as scribes to the tribe of Judah.I would recommend you put away your NKJV Bible, if you want GOD's truths.Have a great day!!!!!

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
(blessed1195;40741)
My Bible teacher the other day brought out a great point I wanted to share with you. He said that in NKJV Ezekial 13 the word souls was changed to birds and pillows in vs 18 to magic charms. This has changed the entire message. The message in KJV,Ez 13:vs 18-20, is about GOD being against those who teach his children to fly to save their souls and covering his outstretched arms.(This is GOD's denouncement of the Rapture theory).Just thought I'd pass this on. We must beware of the scribes of our Bibles. Remember 1 Chron 2:55 where the Kenites (sons of Cain) served as scribes to the tribe of Judah.I would recommend you put away your NKJV Bible, if you want GOD's truths.Have a great day!!!!!
Compared to what?????

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
I have read that chapter since verse 20 has been mentioned to teach against the rapture, and I just do not see that it is talking about the wrong teaching of the rapture. Can someone explain this chapter especially this verse?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Because rapture teaches that Gods children/souls will fly out of here (caught up into the air) Pillows were the false doctrines lies told by to cover the truth by "False Prophets and Prophetesses, So the literal translation is: God says he is against these false doctrines that cover truth and that teach his people/souls they are going to fly away (like birds into the air ) out of here Even the interpreters of scriptures didn't understand this verse they debated how it should be interpreted they could not agree so decided to write it exactly as it was writtenThey didn't understand because the doctrine didn't exist until 1830. but God in his wisdom knew it would be the lie of Satan in the End times and much End Time prophecy is written in Ezek. The new testament is the Old testament revealed everything is written in both just different terminology and types are used

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
i understand that these are false prophets. They say thus saith the Lord, and the Lord has not said anything through them. They claim peace, when there is no peace. It mentions there punishment for the false visions-He is against them-they will not belong to the council of His people-or be listed in the records of the house of Israel-Or enter the Land of Israel-He will tear down the weak wall that they tried to cover- Wind, hailstones, torrents of rain will tear down the foundation and they themselves will be destroyed by it. He mentions the daughters -wemon that sew magic charms on their wrist and cover there heads with pillows. They do this for money(handful of barley,scraps of bread).It does mention the day of the Lord in vs.5. Now this is the verse mentioned in this thread: He is against their pillows(This false doctrine was that they could preserve life or destroy it and it would come to pass as they prophesied it) I say this because in verse 19 mentions that they lie about the souls living or dying. Verse 20 says that with these lies they hunt the souls and MAKE fly. God will tear them from their arms and let the souls go, even the souls that they hunt to MAKE fly. vs 21(God will deliver them from their power)Vs. 22 Is where it gets confusing if you try to make the Fly to be the rapture teaching. This teaching makes the righteous sad. Why would it make the righteous sad to hear that they are going to be raptured before the tribulation? God has not made them sad! These false teachings strengthen the wicked. How can telling people- "those is Christ will be raptured" strengthen the wicked? It also mentions at the end of verse 22 that by this lie you are promising the wicked life. How?

blessed1195

Nov 9, 2007
I guess we really got off topic here. I just wanted to warn you how different versions of the Bible get away from the original Manuscripts message used in the AV 1611 KJV. IT'S LIKE THE TELEPHONE GAME: BY THE TIME THE MESSAGE IS PASSED THROUGH MANY, THE ORIGINAL MEANING IS CHANGED! You have to decide, do you want the truth or will you listen to man. Jeremiah 17:5-8 should help you decide.To verify my point regarding Ez 13:18-20,take the KJV word soul back to the original language, Hebrew in this case. The word soul translates to nephesh in the Strong's Concordance Hebrew Dictionary. You can further verify in Green's Interlinear Bible ( the most inexpensive way to own a copy of the manuscripts used in the KJV translation)that this was the actual Hebrew word used. After doing this, you will see that Nephesh ( soul) under no means translates to the word BIRDS as is used in NKJV!!!!!!The same goes for pillows and magic charms!!! This should prove to any person with common sense that this newer version, NKJV, has been corrupted and should not be used, if you want TRUTHS from GOD! If you go to www.scriptures. com you can pull up Ezekial 13 from both Bibles and see the changes yourself. FYI: A major scribe error happened in the KJV too but that has been well documented and corrected in RSV.Do a side study if you get the chance.I'll give you a hint: KJV Acts 12:4 uses the word Easter, now check the RSV where it is corrected. Then ask yourself why most churches today still celebrate that error and look at man's traditions formed around that error even today. Food for thought!If you want a good complete study on the Rapture as a lie, please go to The Bible study section of this forum. Denver has laid out a complete and well documented study of this. You might want to read the other studies there and they will lead you on the right path to deeper truths/knowledge from GOD's word. Just remember Proverbs 1:7. " The fear( i.e. revere or love) of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

thisistheendtimes

Mar 3, 2008
You are very discerning, blessed1195,There are many false teachings in man's institutional churches. There always has been because we try to understand God in human terms (Romans 6:19). The NKJV bible is filled with discrepancies that are simply not Godly. Many modern versions of the bible have been perverted because the modern translators have made them to be 'politically correct', but the NKJV is the worst. Notice the front cover has a logo with 3 points and 6 lines (666, only discerning GODLY Christians notice this). The strong delusion of 2 Thessalonians chapter 2 has always been present for those who don't truly LOVE God and His ways.God said that the gates of hell could not prevail/WIN against His church, but they can and always have been able to secretly infiltrate the church with lies, yet they will not WIN/prevail. FEW understand this, but you are very discerning because of your LOVE for The Lord (it's not simple TRUST/faith, you LOVE The Lord (the GREATEST of these, 1 Corinthians 13:13,...God is LOVE).It’s important to realize that the strong delusion is not a FUTURE 'event', but neither is it something that only others will be exposed to, it is an unrealized and self imposed cloak of the truth of God's will for us that is caused by our own personal bias (the mind works the way we want it to, our mind/heart dictates our understanding).----------------------------I find it sad that, all throughout history, humanity has not placed much value on "truth" (objective and absolute truth) and has instead embraced SUBJECTIVE truth ('truthS' with a bias, philosophies, and certain types of 'logic'). It's like Pilate said,..."What is TRUTH?".All throughout history, people have chosen to modify the absolute truth so that it would be possible for each individual to continue doing whatever pleases them. In other words, our iniquities determine which 'style' of SUBJECTIVE truth will govern our conscience and lifestyle. Contrary to what vain ego would have us believe, it is these 'doctrines of our heart' (idolatrous doctrines) that present to us the "strong delusion" that God has sent (the one that we so comfortably like to believe will be in the FUTURE).No modern scripture is completely devoid of discrepancy. All translators of ancient scripture have always had to use their discretion in translating from the original language of scripture. No language translates completely/accurately the concepts expressed in another. Even more so, many translators have been careless, and some have been/are completely reckless and sloppy. The most accurate version of modern times is the AUTHORIZED King James Version (KJV). Even the RSV that I use has received criticism of containing inaccuracies (but far less than many modern versions), but if the heart is set right and focused on objective truth, text shall not present a stumbling block to those who love The Lord. However, there are times when going back to cross reference with the KJV can illustrate the principles of God (Ezekiel 14:4 KJV...lack of dedication to truth=strong delusion). A 'love for the truth" is not just a very noble and commendable quality of the character, but it is PRIME for knowing God.I never found it so difficult to address any subject as I do this one, for, I love truth, but realizing the insistence of some to mock/ignore the truth troubles me greatly, so I will spare my heart the burden of being kind on this subject, and simply let God speak for me.-------------------------------------------EZEKIEL CHAPTER 14 KJV (the RSV uses the word "because" in place of "according"...VERY sloppy)Starting with verse 4 (you will see/understand according to the idols/desires in your heart).-Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the LORD will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols;Eze 14:5 That I may take the house of Israel in their own heart, because they are all estranged from me through their idols.Eze 14:6 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Repent, and turn [yourselves] from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.Eze 14:7 For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to enquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself:CONTINUE WITH 2 Thessalonians 2.----------------------------Some people are uncomfortable hearing the truth of their actions (not uncommon), but there are also some who simply INSIST and continue arguing that they are justified in their actions/iniquities (they make their own choice, the iniquities of their heart are their stumblingblock and strong delusion).Traditional Christianity is strangely (because of a collective "bias") not in the habit of READING/seeing what is actually IN scripture, but rather INTERPRET, but we are supposed to be a "pillar of the truth" (Jesus is the truth, John 14:6, but we should be the "pillar")...We read the introductory doctrine of Christ (Hebrews 6:1), which is the "word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15, Ephesians 1:13), but the word that we should live by ("sword of the spirit", Ephesians 6:17) is what we should also learn so that we will be able to "walk by the spirit" (Galatians 5:16 and 25) and realize that the law of the Ten Commandments and the law of ordinances ('commands' in the N.T.) were both replaced by the law of liberty (James 1:25 and 2:12, Ephesians 2:15), and apart from the laws that were abolished (laws against sin), sin lies dead, Romans 7:8. By far, the worst impediment to spiritual growth is this doctrine of "self abasement" (Colossians 2:18 and 23, 'The identity crisis of Christianity') because if there is no SELF, you cannot you have a PERSONal relationship or relate to anything or anyone (including “I am who I am”). Our devotion/relationship should be “in my inmost SELF”, Romans 7:22 and have a CONSCIENCE that can be purified by the spirit (Hebrews 9:14). Adam and Eve ate of the tree of conscience, and we have to learn how to use that knowledge properly (Hebrews 5:14) by learning from God's eternal spirit to divide between right and wrong (as a sword would) so that the change from right to wrong is clear and abrupt with no middle ground ("no variation or shadow due to change", James 1:17). There are many other things in scripture that traditional Christianity has comfortably ignored. By the intentions of your heart, you will develop eyes to see and ears to hear, so you can discover the "depths of God" (1 Corinthians 2:10). We must develop eyes to see and ears to hear so that we can have the present heaven in our heart, because it is not enough to simply EAT of the bread of life, we must DRINK of His spirit (Revelation 7:16) and have "rivers of living water" (John 7:38, that were mixed with Christ's blood at the cross). God bless you, GodLOVER.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
You commented that this was getting off topic, the topic was the mistranslation of the NKJ. In your post you also mentioned your interpretation about the false prophecy being the rapture lie. But in context of that chapter-not just that verse-it does not fit in with the rest of the chapter.With this statement you opened up questions concerning your interpretation. So I ask questions concerning this interpretaion. Which I noticed went unanswered!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;40786)
i understand that these are false prophets. They say thus saith the Lord, and the Lord has not said anything through them. They claim peace, when there is no peace. It mentions there punishment for the false visions-He is against them-they will not belong to the council of His people-or be listed in the records of the house of Israel-Or enter the Land of Israel-He will tear down the weak wall that they tried to cover- Wind, hailstones, torrents of rain will tear down the foundation and they themselves will be destroyed by it. He mentions the daughters -wemon that sew magic charms on their wrist and cover there heads with pillows. They do this for money(handful of barley,scraps of bread).It does mention the day of the Lord in vs.5. Now this is the verse mentioned in this thread: He is against their pillows(This false doctrine was that they could preserve life or destroy it and it would come to pass as they prophesied it) I say this because in verse 19 mentions that they lie about the souls living or dying. Verse 20 says that with these lies they hunt the souls and MAKE fly. God will tear them from their arms and let the souls go, even the souls that they hunt to MAKE fly. vs 21(God will deliver them from their power)Vs. 22 Is where it gets confusing if you try to make the Fly to be the rapture teaching. This teaching makes the righteous sad. Why would it make the righteous sad to hear that they are going to be raptured before the tribulation? God has not made them sad! These false teachings strengthen the wicked. How can telling people- "those is Christ will be raptured" strengthen the wicked? It also mentions at the end of verse 22 that by this lie you are promising the wicked life. How?
The whole chapter is about false phophets and false teachings you have to understand here that this covers the false prophets teachings of the past and future a long period of time the interpters and no one understood how this verse could literally apply to flying like birdsOnly today does this false doctrine apply You say you dont understand how this strenthens the wicked have you not read what I have showed and told you a thousand times this false doctrine of Pre rapture is of Satan it is a MATTER OF YOUR SALVATION I have said this because if you believe this lie you will end up following Antichrist and losing your soul.This is why God doesnt like it DO YOU NOT GET THAT SATAN IS COMING FIRST HE WILL BE PROMISING TO RAPTURE YOU AWAY.THIS Is his (satans) doctrine. Let me try to explain with an example:Assume you are a firm Pre- rapture believer and you think God is going to rescue you before the tribulation. Now we are told that Antichrist comes in peacfully and prosperously that he will heal the deadly wound and put a chicken every pot so to speakHe will be holding rivials like you never saw conving people he is christ returned a strong delusion the whole world will follow him now he promises he will rapture you away as soon as he converts a few more believers he is going to fly you otta here and then the tribulation will begin. remember this is Satan talking. All the pre-trib rapture believers will helping him get converts to be raptured away before the trouble starts.Only problem here is we are already in the tribulation Satan/antichrist is the tribulationif you do not understand God says there is only one second coming and it is after the tribulation at the 7th trump that Antichrist must come first do not be harvested first (out of season) blessed are those that overcome until the End.Do you not see how this pre-trib rapture lie will cause you to follow Satan thinking he is come to get you and fly you away.Thats why God warns you against this false teaching believing this lie of Satan sets you up to possably lose your soul to the devil himselfAnd what do you say it makes us feel good well what do you think Satan was counting on mens feel good religion fast food religion

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
We agree that this is about false prophecy.I also understand that Old Testament speaks of future events.( and you say it is happening today).In the opening thread it is mentioned that the NKJ is in error. I simply ask how does it change the meaning? If the meaning implied is to make them fly is the rapture lie.O.k. #1 Let's say I do believe the pretrib rapture,( in context to the verses mentioned in this chapter). When we get to verse 22 it speaks of the lie(which you say is the rapture lie). I am saved by my belief of what Jesus accomplished on the cross. I have been made righteous in Christ. If I am righteous and verse 22 says that this lie will make the righteous sad, How? How does it make me sad to hear the rapture. God says he has not made us sad but this lie has. But this rapture lie strengthens the hand of the wicked, again how does the rapture lie make the wicked strong? Let me just address this issue first, before I can understand where this is going.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I won't read anything but the Old King James. Other versions leave out important words, or change them to something with a different meaning. Like the word "begotten" in John 3:16. Jesus is the only "begotten" Son of God. However, we who are born again are sons and daughters of God. By changing that to "the only Son of God", where does that leave us other than lost?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
SetfreeIt will make you sad because you find out that here you were thinking you were being a good christain trying to follow Gods Word and now you find out you believed Satans lie wont that make you sad????? Dont you see God is saying I didnt make you sad I told you the truth but it was the lie you believed that will make you sad when you see you have been used by the wicked It makes the wicked strong because people wont hear God and follow a false doctrine being led like sheep into Satan trap the more people that believe Satan over God the stronger it makes the wicked.

blessed1195

Nov 9, 2007
To SetFree, this is my first time back on. I spend more time studying GOD's word than on my computer, so you'll forgive me for not jumping right back in. Kriss did a great job answering your questions about the Fly away doctrine. I am scared you have Man's traditions and Babel(confusion) so ingrained in you that you are not letting GOD speak to you through his word. Please look up Jeremiah 17:5-8. They are Great verses to live by.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(blessed1195;40984)
To SetFree, this is my first time back on. I spend more time studying GOD's word than on my computer, so you'll forgive me for not jumping right back in. Kriss did a great job answering your questions about the Fly away doctrine. I am scared you have Man's traditions and Babel(confusion) so ingrained in you that you are not letting GOD speak to you through his word. Please look up Jeremiah 17:5-8. They are Great verses to live by.
It is true that I have been ingrained with man's tradition. A year ago I was delivered of this, and since then I have aloud the Holy Spirit to re-teach me. I have a lot to learn, but I am also cautious of all men's teachings. Right now I consider what I am hearing about the fly away doctrine- man made, because I see no proof from this chapter of it being in context. The answers I have received so far is just an interpretation without backing it up in other scriptures in context. Again, I will say that I am not saying there is a rapture or not. I was taught rapture, but have not studied it out with the help of the Holy Spirit.As far as Jeremiah, I needed that, probably not the way you intended it(to persuade me to think as you do), but that my trust is in Jesus and I will wait for his truth. God understands my heart and knows that I am searching truth. He is patient with me and has never failed me. I enjoy these forums because they challenge me to pray and study more. ,

Nov 8, 2007
Psalms 55:6. David Talks about Flying away. I understand not in the Context of what it's used in conjunction with the Rapture. But I really hate all this, there's no rapture talk, if you believe it, you are deceived. Then there's the If you don't believe it, You're gonna suffer. You Rapture Believers, especially Pre-Mid-Trib believers Like Me. Just Prepare yourselves for the Worse. God said TWO WILL BE WORKING IN THE FIELD one is TAKEN one is LEFT. Keep on your Post of Duty, and Wait for the Second coming of the Lord, like a Thief in the Night. That's all I'm gonna say.All this rapture is false talk, I just believe the Second Coming. I hate when people say it's a devil doctrine.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Unorthodox its says the tares are gatherd first read the rest of the Words the saved are the ones left the evil Angels come to gather theirs first

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;40995)
It is true that I have been ingrained with man's tradition. A year ago I was delivered of this, and since then I have aloud the Holy Spirit to re-teach me. I have a lot to learn, but I am also cautious of all men's teachings. Right now I consider what I am hearing about the fly away doctrine- man made, because I see no proof from this chapter of it being in context. The answers I have received so far is just an interpretation without backing it up in other scriptures in context. Again, I will say that I am not saying there is a rapture or not. I was taught rapture, but have not studied it out with the help of the Holy Spirit.As far as Jeremiah, I needed that, probably not the way you intended it(to persuade me to think as you do), but that my trust is in Jesus and I will wait for his truth. God understands my heart and knows that I am searching truth. He is patient with me and has never failed me. I enjoy these forums because they challenge me to pray and study more. ,
I had to laugh what do mean it not wriiten its exactly whats written please tell me where you see pre trib written because people offer thousands of dollars to anyone who can find pre-trib rapture in Gods Word it is isnt there. unless you call assumption God even experts know it the aspostel and Christ taught one return at the End so please show differnt in scripture you might get rich

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Kriss,As I said before, I was taught pre-trib. I was also taught a lot of other man made doctrines. I did not say I believe in the rapture, that is all I was taught...Until...I started reading on this thread. With that said again, I still do not see in context where in Ezekiel 13 "to make fly" refers to the teaching of the rapture as the lie. I have read other material on the 7th trumpet, but until I study it out I can not say where I stand. I was taught that the gifts of the spirit had ceased too, but I know now that it was a man-made teaching. The Holy Spirit will teach me the truth!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Heres a thought for you to ponder the flesh body has no part in the gathering to the Lord flesh can not enter heaven wether it is in the air or here on earth that is why the dead body returns to the earth from which it came. Only the soul returns to father.When Christ returns we are told a mystery not all will die but ALL will be changed(transfigured) in the twinkling of an eye into our incorubtable spirit bodies.We are no longer flesh when we meet the Lord but spirit our flesh will return to the ground. So if flesh can not enter heaven and rapture teaches a flying away (catching away) where is it written of another changing? It is not. There is only one changing(transfiguring ) and it is ALL not part and it is at the last (7th trump)Now rapture teaches they will not die just be lifted as birds into the air TO WHERE?They can not go to heaven and be with the father,the changing has not happened,and is only said to be once, Satan is the prince of the air according to scripture so where are they lifted to???If one is going to Father they must according to scripture be spirit so the only biblical way for them to be with him is to die, So that means Christ would have to come and kill all his believers to gather them. Dont think thats going to happen