Beware of Those Who Try Separate Faith in God vs. His Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wrangler @ScottA

Posts 39 and 40 to my 38

Show me the beauty of this site.
In that there are a little things, little awarenesses, nuances, that fill out the discussion.

Showing the subject from different perspectives, different shaded of light. That while in agreement show questions that need to be asked.

The KJ bible is a table setting Bible, the words show where someone is when the Lord gives them a command.

The NIV just conveys the Lords command.

Some need to see that the Lord is commanfing great change or offering great relief in his command. Some the table setting gets in the way.

The setting that shows great change when the Lord commands someone to leave the place of refuge can show the power in the Lord's command and the need and the beauty of the work finished by following the Lords commands.

Some lose the Lord's word in setting the table

I am thankful to have more than one version of the Bible.
I am thankful in having this device that gives me all the different translations of a verse or story.

But in the end IT IS my relationship with God.

Alfredthefifth

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you disregard His Word, then I am forced to say that you cannot know God.

There are many evil spirits out there that are very quick to make you think you are listening to God when you really are not. God's Word is the great equalizer, because His Word is the Measure of 'how' you know what spirits to trust, and which ones not to.
I don't disregard his Word, but the object, I believe, is to have a relationship with him.

Reactions: ScottA and APAK

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We shouldn't differ. But if you mean differ with modern Bible versions (i.e., the Critical text vs. the Traditional text which the KJV and earlier Bibles were based on, including the Latin Vulgate translated from the Greek by Jerome), then yeah, we probably do disagree on those the value of those modern NT versions.
I don't worship the Bible - I worship God. God and Jesus are frequently quoted in the Bible. We are to do as they instructed us to do.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't have a relationship with the Bible. You have a relationship with God.
Jesus IS The Word...we eat or feast on Him, the Word of God...the bible is made up of "words" but they are God breathed because Jesus comes from the Father's own mouth...Jesus is the true manna from heaven. John 6:35
"35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."

Reactions: amigo de christo

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy

You set a beautiful feast on a table.

The feast is the Food on the table.
The table is important because where would the food be placed to enjoy.

The WORD is the feast the Bible is the table.

THE WORD brings the relationship to God as the feast. The Bible is what held the feast to partake of.

There is a point of view that holding one version of the Bible as the all is not good. Some Feasts need many tables but if you divide the same food amongst many tables does one table make the food better.

I learned out of one Bible, in some ways a new bible makes the word the feast either harder to understand or easier. Then another Bible adds yet more to the feast, not by changing the word but shining a new light on the table.

The word is God, my relationship is with God, the Bible carried God's word to me so I can learn it just as the table(s) hold the feast to be eaten.
But God is not the table

Clear as mud? Correct

Alfredthefifth

Reactions: APAK and Wrangler

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no difference in Faith in The Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ and Faith in His Word. Per John 1, Lord Jesus is equated as The Word from the beginning. If you believe on The Father and The Son, then it automatically means you believe His Word also.

Those who are against belief in either represent those who TRY to change God's written Word, and want to corrupt it, including those who want to defame it and REPLACE it with something else, which is a working of the devil.

The 19th century British scholar E.W. Bullinger through his research in ancient archaeology proved that The Word of God was first written in the star constellations before being written down in letters (see The Witness of The Stars). (To clarify this point, Bullinger found archaeological evidence that ancient pagans changed the original names of the star constellations of the Zodiac. Their original names were associated with God's Word.)

And in many Bible Scriptures, God testifies of the purity of His Word handed down to ALL generations.

You're gonna love this post, then:

Abiding And Walking In Christ

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus IS The Word...we eat or feast on Him, the Word of God...the bible is made up of "words" but they are God breathed because Jesus comes from the Father's own mouth...Jesus is the true manna from heaven. John 6:35
"35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."
The Lord is a living being, not a book. You don't pray to a book. And you're supposed to be constantly praying (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can't pray to the Bible, I don't believe. What good would it do?
We do NOT pray TO the bible but we should be praying THE bible. The Psalms have some wonderful prayers and, how would you even knw who you are praying TO (God, through Christ) without His living breathing Word?

Reactions: amigo de christo

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do NOT pray TO the bible but we should be praying THE bible. The Psalms have some wonderful prayers and, how would you even knw who you are praying TO (God, through Christ) without His living breathing Word?
God has the ability to make his presence known to us with, or without, the Bible.

When we pray to God, we should tell him what we want him to know, and listen to what he says to us.

Don't forget what Jesus said:

[39] You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me;
[40] yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. John 5:39-40 RSV

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has the ability to make his presence known to us with, or without, the Bible.

When we pray to God, we should tell him what we want him to know, and listen to what he says to us.

Don't forget what Jesus said:

[39] You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me;
[40] yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. John 5:39-40 RSV
They searched the scriptures all right yet taught the precepts of men that often contradicted scrips as well .
They did not know GOD . BUT one who does would love and embrace the bible .
What you said in no ways justifies what you say my friend . Paul and peter both were heavy on learning the scrips
Test all spirits for many decievers abound . Test them against what YOUR FEELINGS or against the WORDS of GOD .
exactly . too many folks are running on emotions and thinking they hear from GOD . Yet not only do they contradict the scrips
they often even contradict themselves . Let us BE DUG IN THOSE BIBLES . I mean what GOD INSPIRED a lamb would love .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't believe Jesus of Nazareth is Immanuel 'God with us' born in the flesh, then I don't have time to waste with unbelievers.
Huh? Jesus is the Son of God. God consists of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

And what does that have to do with my statement? Nothing :(

Your OP promotes some astrology idea that I was confused about relating to anything real.

Is this just another thread trying to claim that Jesus is God Almighty? Cause if it is I will post the truth so people have that presented instead of lies.

People need to get to know the Father thru Jesus the Son.

Matthew 11:27-30 KJV
All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Last edited: