Beware the Leaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 16:11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
Mat 16:12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

What was the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees that Jesus called leaven in the bread?
What is he referring to?
Thank You

HUGS
I use this as but one reference.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 16:11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
Mat 16:12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

What was the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees that Jesus called leaven in the bread?
What is he referring to?
Thank You

HUGS

In short, in the 1940's Maria Valtorta was chosen by Jesus to be His "pen," to show Her scenes from His public life, beginning with His birth and ending after His resurrection, then write all she heard, saw, and was told by Him to say. All her writings were compiled into a total of five volumes entitled: The Gospels As They Were Revealed To Me, or The Poem of the Man-God. They are a loving gift from Jesus that gives a more detailed look into the stories we read about in the Bible and others, including this scene on November 27th, 1944, which you can read about in full in The Poem of the Man-God: Vol. III, ch. 342, pp. 217-218, where Jesus told the apostles that the yeast He's referring to is the yeast that rises in the hearts of Pharisees, Sadducees, and doctors against Him: hatred and heresy.