Bible alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Children can not repent of sin until they understand what sin is.
What is sin?

HUGS
hint: tells you in the bible exactly what sin is.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Children can not repent of sin until they understand what sin is.
What is sin?

HUGS
hint: tells you in the bible exactly what sin is.

Ahhh . . . but what if the Law has been removed by Christ? Can we sin against a Law if there is no Law to break? For example, can we break the speed limit if there is no speed limit to break?

Romans 4:15 KJV - "Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression."

Oh . . . this Bible is unbelievable, isn't it?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an interesting idea, for John the B was indwelt by the Spirit from within his mother's womb, Elizabeth. And how about king David, who was being taught, by the Spirit, even from within the "secret place?"

Psalm 51:6 NIV - "Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place."

If Christ lifted the Curse and Adam and Eve from a person's soul, where is the need for repentance? - Truly, we have an amazing Bible. There is so much to consider and think about . . . our Bible is amazing. :)

The only difference between John's baptism and Jesus's baptism, was John preached for the remission of sins. He didn't say in the name of John.He said in the name of the one that was to come.
When Jesus baptized he explained it fully, in the name of the Lord Jesus.
only difference was in who's name.

Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth,
Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

How do you explain this to an infant??
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

The Word of God is truly Amazing..
I learn new things every day!
Amen

Thank you
HUGS

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhh . . . but what if the Law has been removed by Christ? Can we sin against a Law if there is no Law to break? For example, can we break the speed limit if there is no speed limit to break?

Romans 4:15 KJV - "Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression."

Oh . . . this Bible is unbelievable, isn't it?
So you believe it's ok to commit fornication and adultery and to steal and to lie and to covet your neighbors wife and goods, and gossip and slander, and back bite, and murder, and don't worry about loving God, that's the first law..we just toss them all down the toilet??
I'm not gonna do that..
PSALM 119
Amen
HUGS

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe it's ok to commit fornication and adultery and to steal and to lie and to covet your neighbors wife and goods, and gossip and slander, and back bite, and murder, and don't worry about loving God, that's the first law..we just toss them all down the toilet??

Nope. I believe that when Jesus Circumcises our Heart of the Sinful Nature, we then share in the Divine Nature of Christ. This Divine Nature is also known as the Laws of the Spirit of Life, and it is the Power of these Laws that Enable a person to no longer sin as they would if they were still under the Evil Curse of Adam and Eve (hence the Power of the Law of Sin and Death - enabling laws that cause us to sin). This said, even if we did commit adultery, as did king David, those sins will be paid for by Christ, should David accept his Son's payment for his sin (post the Resurrection). For, where there is no law, there can be no transgression.

These are really cool verses to consider.

2 Peter 1:4 NLT - "And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires."
Romans 8:2 KJV - "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."
Romans 5:13 KJV - "For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law."
Romans 3:20 KJV - "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin."

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Under the Old Covenant there was no room for mercy and forgiveness.
The Spiritual laws are the same except better than the carnal laws.
They are laws of the heart and mind.
They are still the same words. Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not bear false witness.. all 10 are still very much alive and active in our walk with the Lord.
In the OT if you got caught sinning you got stoned. No mercy, no forgiveness.
Consider the woman that they were going to stone for committing adultery..
Jesus said they wasn't worthy enough to be judging others because they had their own sins to worry about.
He who is without sin, cast the first stone. Of course they couldn't because they was all guilty of something.
But what did Jesus say to the woman?
Go and sin no more.
That means stop breaking the law.
If there is no laws.. and you steal bobby's car.. your not guilty right?
You can do whatever you want, no consequences, no guilty conscience.. nope, your at liberty to do whatever you want.
I don't think God works that way.
He gave man laws to follow so we would be good citizens in his kingdom.

When you get down to the ordinances those ordinances were removed.
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Hebrews Chapter 9 explains the ordinances of carnal services, such as sacrifices and gifts that were offered for forgiveness of sins:
Heb 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

This has nothing to do with God commandments. His law. These are only temporary until the true High Priest Jesus Christ himself could remove both the sin and the guilty conscience. Go and sin no more.

Nobody likes laws.. specially God's.
I do, they keep me on the strait and narrow :)

HUGS

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Under the Old Covenant there was no room for mercy and forgiveness.

As I read the Word of God, I see that God gives Himself all the room He desires for Grace, Mercy and Compassion . . . especially in the Old Testament. And what is this Grace, Mercy, and Compassion? It is the Circumcision of Christ as described in Colossians 2:9-15.

And David, the Father of Jesus, enacted the life of Christ, who made Himself an example for all to follow. Check this out . . .

1 Peter 2:21-23 NKJV - "For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: 22 "Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth"; 23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed [Himself] to Him who judges righteously . . ."

But wait! Was Jesus the Example for us all to follow in this Grace and Mercy, or was Jesus following the Example of His Old Testament Father, David?

2 Samuel 16:5-13 NKJV - "Now when King David came to Bahurim, there was a man from the family of the house of Saul, whose name [was] Shimei the son of Gera, coming from there. He came out, cursing continuously as he came. 6 And he threw stones at David and at all the servants of King David. And all the people and all the mighty men [were] on his right hand and on his left. 7 Also Shimei said thus when he cursed: "Come out! Come out! You bloodthirsty man, you rogue! 8 "The LORD has brought upon you all the blood of the house of Saul, in whose place you have reigned; and the LORD has delivered the kingdom into the hand of Absalom your son. So now you [are caught] in your own evil, because you are a bloodthirsty man!" 9 Then Abishai the son of Zeruiah said to the king, "Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Please, let me go over and take off his head!" 10 But the king said, "What have I to do with you, you sons of Zeruiah? So let him curse, because the LORD has said to him, 'Curse David.' Who then shall say, 'Why have you done so?' " 11 And David said to Abishai and all his servants, "See how my son who came from my own body seeks my life. How much more now [may this] Benjamite? Let him alone, and let him curse; for so the LORD has ordered him. 12 "It may be that the LORD will look on my affliction, and that the LORD will repay me with good for his cursing this day." 13 And as David and his men went along the road, Shimei went along the hillside opposite him and cursed as he went, threw stones at him and kicked up dust."

Yep . . . Jesus was imitating His Father, king David. - Pretty amazing, isn't it? :)

And there is more . . .

Hosea 6:6 NKJV - "For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings."
Matthew 9:13 NKJV - "But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."
Matthew 12:7 NKJV - "But if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless."

Mercy has always been the Plan of God, and we actually see Jesus referencing this fact from the Book of Hosea, above (twice in the Gospel of Matthew). Maybe I'm wrong, but my Bible translations seem pretty clear to me. In fact, I cannot deny what is clearly stated.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I read the Word of God, I see that God gives Himself all the room He desires for Grace, Mercy and Compassion . . . especially in the Old Testament. And what is this Grace, Mercy, and Compassion? It is the Circumcision of Christ as described in Colossians 2:9-15.

And David, the Father of Jesus, enacted the life of Christ, who made Himself an example for all to follow. Check this out . . .

1 Peter 2:21-23 NKJV - "For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: 22 "Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth"; 23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed [Himself] to Him who judges righteously . . ."

But wait! Was Jesus the Example for us all to follow in this Grace and Mercy, or was Jesus following the Example of His Old Testament Father, David?

2 Samuel 16:5-13 NKJV - "Now when King David came to Bahurim, there was a man from the family of the house of Saul, whose name [was] Shimei the son of Gera, coming from there. He came out, cursing continuously as he came. 6 And he threw stones at David and at all the servants of King David. And all the people and all the mighty men [were] on his right hand and on his left. 7 Also Shimei said thus when he cursed: "Come out! Come out! You bloodthirsty man, you rogue! 8 "The LORD has brought upon you all the blood of the house of Saul, in whose place you have reigned; and the LORD has delivered the kingdom into the hand of Absalom your son. So now you [are caught] in your own evil, because you are a bloodthirsty man!" 9 Then Abishai the son of Zeruiah said to the king, "Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Please, let me go over and take off his head!" 10 But the king said, "What have I to do with you, you sons of Zeruiah? So let him curse, because the LORD has said to him, 'Curse David.' Who then shall say, 'Why have you done so?' " 11 And David said to Abishai and all his servants, "See how my son who came from my own body seeks my life. How much more now [may this] Benjamite? Let him alone, and let him curse; for so the LORD has ordered him. 12 "It may be that the LORD will look on my affliction, and that the LORD will repay me with good for his cursing this day." 13 And as David and his men went along the road, Shimei went along the hillside opposite him and cursed as he went, threw stones at him and kicked up dust."

Yep . . . Jesus was imitating His Father, king David. - Pretty amazing, isn't it? :)

And there is more . . .

Hosea 6:6 NKJV - "For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings."
Matthew 9:13 NKJV - "But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."
Matthew 12:7 NKJV - "But if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless."

Mercy has always been the Plan of God, and we actually see Jesus referencing this fact from the Book of Hosea, above (twice in the Gospel of Matthew). Maybe I'm wrong, but my Bible translations seem pretty clear to me. In fact, I cannot deny what is clearly stated.
Thank you,
I thought we were discussing the ordinances of the law. I didn't mean to say there was no mercy in the OT, far from it. Over and over God has always had an open door. Not only with Israel but any that were willing to be a part of the people he had chosen to be his peculiar people. They were sanctified and set apart for a special purpose. That was to bring the knowledge of the Lord to the world. Most of the world lived under paganism following Baal and Ashteroth and other gods they made for themselves.
When Moses went to Egypt to bring out the Hebrews, many Egyptians went with them as well. They were all accepted under the condition that they abide by the laws the Lord had set in his kingdom.
Turn to the NT it's the same application. Jesus came to free man from a fallen world that was immersed in wickedness and sin. He chose out a peculiar people he called disciples and taught them how to walk the path the Lord wanted them to walk. On the day of Pentecost many gentiles were added to the "church" . This is the same church that was in the wilderness with Moses. And these were given the same mission that the Israelites were given, to make known to the world who the Lord is. Today we call it evangilizing, or missionary work, Go ye into all the world proclaiming the Gospel. Same mission different language.
What people don't seem to understand though is, without the OT there would never be a NT. Without Judaism there never would have been Christianity. Every disciple that followed Jesus was a Jew. Jesus was a Jew. And the Lord is still King of His Kingdom. The same one we see in the OT. God doesn't change, He is the same from age to age. We may change our words, our lifestyles, our names, but we are still the same human race the Lord created from the beginning.
When Jesus came, the system of the workings of God's kingdom was broken. Men were making their own rules and saying God said. When God never said what they said he said. The had mangled the law so bad no one could keep it the way God meant for it to be followed.
When Jesus says: Ye have heard it said in yyour law, or Moses law, that this is what you do. But I say, you got it wrong, your not listening. I come to set it straight.
You see how there are so many denominations today? Everybody twisting and turning scripture to fit their own way. Preachers, Pastors, Priests, all of them walking different directions. There is only one Door. there is only one Truth. There is only one Spirit, one Baptism, one Body that we are all invited to become members of. But just like when the Egyptians joined Israel, so too must Gentiles join Israel.
They are still and always will be God's Chosen or Elect. It's when people pull away from and start walking in their own directions, that they get cut off.
I'm not Jewish. I'm a Christian. And a Christian is Jews and Gentiles living and abiding by the same rules and laws under the same King who's name is Jesus. There is neither Jew nor Gentile.. no distinction, no difference, in Christ Jesus. Israel needs to accept Christ as their Messiah King, and Gentiles need to abide by the laws of the Kingdom. So we all walk and talk and believe the same laws and rules.
That is the unification we haven't attained to yet. God is gracious, he is merciful, and longsuffering. But time is getting short.

Thank You 2TG!
HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And there is more . . .

I don't see Jesus imitating David so much as David was imitating the Lord. David had the Law, he wrote the Psalms, and there were many Prophets in his days. David was a man after the Lord's own heart, and God loved him. He made known to David through the books of Moses, what he expected of man. And David imperfect as he was tried to please God the best we all try to do. David didn't succeed. He fell into sin many times.
But God always forgave him because David asked for forgiveness. And God promised him that one day his Son would sit upon the Throne in the very Kingdom that God set David over to rule. And Jesus was born through the lineage of Joseph the husband of Mary, a descendant of David.

Yes there is: :)
Exo 23:7 Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked.

Deu 19:10 That innocent blood be not shed in thy land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and so blood be upon thee.

Deu 21:9 So shalt thou put away the guilt of innocent blood from among you, when thou shalt do that which is right in the sight of the LORD.

Deu 27:25 Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Amen.

Thank You 2TG!
HUGS

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see Jesus imitating David so much as David was imitating the Lord. David had the Law, he wrote the Psalms

Okie doke. :)

I see Jesus reflecting the Old Testament, even in the Psalms, and I would think that it is because David is the Father of Christ. At least, it makes logical sense. That's why I referenced David submitting himself to abuse.

Matthew 1:1 KJV - "The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham."

Matt 1:1 is a Keystone passage of the Bible, in my opinion. There are a couple of very deep implications behind this passage, particularly when thinking about the Incorruptible, Indestructible Seed of God. If Jesus is the Son of David, and we see that phrase a few times in Scripture applied to Christ, it seems reasonable that Christ is modeling His Father, David, far more than we had ever imagined. I would suspect, that, when reading the works of king David, again, the hypothesis that I present is compelling.

(Fun topic . . . check this out.)

There was something very interesting going on with David.

1 Samuel 18:1 KJV - "And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul."

There are some very, very deep things going on in this Holy Book of ours. And that is why Paul exposed the Mysterious Plan of the Bible. All of Scripture should be processed through the Triangle of Truth, and that Triangle is three sets of passages. They are:

Ephesians 3:1-13 and Ephesians 2:10-18 . . . and at the top of the apex of the Triangle is Colossians 2:9-15.

I propose that if we know these three sets of Scripture, this Triangle of Truth will help us to put into proper perspective, nearly all of God's Holy Word. I would stop all studies, and make this particular study a life's focus. For it is within this Mystery that Paul exposes, that the deepest Truths will be found.

I find this all to be so incredibly fascinating! (And while I love the KJV, and would love to post from it nearly all the time, the NLT and CSB translations are fantastic in their simple clarity.)

Ephesians 3:1-10 NLT - "When I think of all this, I, Paul, a prisoner of Christ Jesus for the benefit of you Gentiles . . . 2 assuming, by the way, that you know God gave me the special responsibility of extending his grace to you Gentiles. 3 As I briefly wrote earlier, God himself revealed his mysterious plan to me. 4 As you read what I have written, you will understand my insight into this plan regarding Christ. 5 God did not reveal it to previous generations, but now by his Spirit he has revealed it to his holy apostles and prophets. 6 And this is God's plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God's children. Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Christ Jesus. 7 By God's grace and mighty power, I have been given the privilege of serving him by spreading this Good News. 8 Though I am the least deserving of all God's people, he graciously gave me the privilege of telling the Gentiles about the endless treasures available to them in Christ. 9 I was chosen to explain to everyone this mysterious plan that God, the Creator of all things, had kept secret from the beginning. 10 God's purpose in all this was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places."

This concept of the Mystery caused me to really, really slow down and begin to start asking, seeking and knocking . . . and now I no longer stop. I realized, thanks to Paul, that I needed to stop looking at Scripture at only surface level. With the detective within me, I realized that if I didn't make the understanding of Scripture my entire life's focus, I would never properly understand it. Thank God . . . He has given me the opportunity to invest thousands of hours of intensive, Word by Holy Word study of the entire Bible. I even began to collect Scriptural concepts and placed them all into an Excel Spreadsheet, and have actually been organizing the Word of God, which has helped me put together the Mysterious Plan that Paul so amazingly discloses.

I can't believe it, but all throughout my apostate Christian Life, and as many times as I had read the NT, I simply had no concept of what was Truly happening at the Spiritual level of God's Holy Word. It is passages that speak of Elijah being John the Baptist that caused me to really wake up and realize that God has an unbelievable Plan that He is in the process of fulfilling . . . right now, and it is unstoppable.

Matthew 17:11-13 NLT - "Jesus replied, "Elijah is indeed coming first to get everything ready. 12 But I tell you, Elijah has already come, but he wasn't recognized, and they chose to abuse him. And in the same way they will also make the Son of Man suffer." 13 Then the disciples realized he was talking about John the Baptist."

Our Book is so, so deep and so Spiritually rich, most just skip right past these things, just as did those from the Days of Old . . . for it was a Mystery to them, and even to us today, though Paul discloses so much of this Plan! Most get caught up with trying to learn foolish things, but the True Mystery is in how God chooses to Save the Souls of His Children. That, in my opinion, is really all that matters. To know anything other than the Mysterious Plan of God, is fodder. In reading all of Paul's Work, I find it interesting to note that he never references Giants, stars . . . but instead, he focuses on the condition of the Heart.

If Jesus doesn't resolve the Evil Curse that has been ascribed to the Hearts of nearly 100% of all people, then there is no reason for Him to show up on earth, be tortured and murdered. The Heart . . . Jesus wants our Heart, and when He Transforms our Hearts, we will have been made Whole and Complete in our Holy Union with Him.

Colossians 2:9-11 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature."

Colossians 2:9-15 is the utter Core of the Entire Bible. For without this removal of Evil from a person's heart, it doesn't matter what they know or do not know . . . they are headed for Hell unless that Curse of Adam and Eve is lifted. Jesus always had this Plan, which is why God refused to allow Adam and Eve to eat from the Tree of Life, and Live Forever. All of humanity would have to wait for Jesus . . . a few thousand years, before they could eat of Him and Live forever. It is amazing to think that we see the foreshadow of Christ . . . right there is Genesis chapter 3.

Genesis 3:22-24 NLT - "Then the LORD God said, "Look, the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil. What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!" 23 So the LORD God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made. 24 After sending them out, the LORD God stationed mighty cherubim to the east of the Garden of Eden. And he placed a flaming sword that flashed back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life."

This Book is so unbelievable!!! I love it!!!

(Oh . . . by the way, you're the very first to use 2TG as you speak to me. I knew you were different. I love that, too! :D )

Thank you, Ziggy!

Last edited:

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He fell into sin many times.

I hear you. What's interesting is that the Bible doesn't really record much of David's sin. Bathsheba's husband was a Hittite, and all Hittites were called to be destroyed by God, for they belonged to the Seven Nations of Canaan. So, in the case of Urijah the Hittite . . . there may be some latitude, there. Wow. As for all of his "bloodshed" that he had been accused of . . . well, who was he slaughtering and plundering? Were these people the abominations called to be destroyed by God Himself, or were they the Gentiles of the East, the Gentiles whom God granted the Jews the right to intermarry?

David is a funny guy to understand. It seems that he often writes of being innocent, if not guiltless, and then at others he writes, or sang, of being sinful and guilty. But what [is] interesting, is that David wrote so much about his own Salvation, considering that most refuse to ascend to the fact that Old Testament men and women were led by the Holy Spirit.

I could write about this book all day . . . and in fact, I often do. :)

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I copied amadeus..
I hope you don't mind if I call you 2TG also :)
I been called zaggy and soggy, it's all good lol

I'm working on a study this morning about the fourth day when God created the lights in the heavens, to give light upon the earth.

I realized.. and still am as I write this..
Everything God created is His Kingdom. That includes the heavens and all that is in them. The earth and all that is in it.
God says the earth is his footstool. God's footstool is under his feet, in His Kingdom.
We are living in His Kingdom and have been since the day he said Let there be light.
And that Light is Our Lord Jesus who is Our King and Shepherd, and High Priest, and Father, and, and... everything.
I can understand this with my mind and in my heart. The physical body is in my way.. the earthiness.
I can not see and hear the way I want to because we are embodied in this material world.
God created a material world for a material people and then sent Himself into the material world to show us Himself.
How we should walk, talk, live in His Kingdom, that is a Spiritual one that co-exists with the material one.

When I read the Bible I don't see flesh and blood anymore, I see the spiritual duality written as characters/entities that also reside in this dual Kingdom.
There are bad things that happen, and God from time to time comes and sweeps the house.
I see this in the parables Jesus speaks of, the wheat and the tares. So many different analogies.. so many levels.
I call it an Onion. Every peel, every layer, one step closer to the core. But I don't think we reach the core until we leave this material existence.
And yet we should strive to live our lives in this body, this world, this earth, as if we are living on the footstool of God in His Kingdom.
And again, that Kingdom is within you. It is that spiritual place that you can't see in the material world.

I'm rambling..
I try not to get hung up on individual people in the Bible, because God is in us all.
I see him in Abraham, Moses, David, Paul, and even the not so BIG LIGHTS in the heavens.
And on the fourth day..

In the beginning God said, Let there be Light. And God saw the Light that it was good.
God saw himself in Man.

Jhn 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Jhn 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
Jhn 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
Jhn 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Jhn 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Jhn 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Jhn 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Jhn 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Quote: This Book is so unbelievable!!! I love it!!!

I couldn't have said it better. :D
Amen
HUGS

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm working on a study this morning about the fourth day when God created the lights in the heavens, to give light upon the earth.

I'm only quoting a small portion of what you wrote, but rest assured . . . I love it! You, my friend . . . are on the right Path! As you fully know, our asking, seeking and knocking should never stop. Why? Because of those layers that you wrote of. And Jesus tells us that even though there are layers to His Plan, the Scriptures point to Him! Unbelievable.

John 5:37-39 NLT - "And the Father who sent me has testified about me himself. You have never heard his voice or seen him face to face, 38 and you do not have his message in your hearts, because you do not believe me--the one he sent to you. 39 "You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!" - There is that concept again, that the message of Christ must be placed into our hearts . . . and this is the Circumcision of Christ . . . Colossians 2:9-15.

As you are discovering Jesus in Genesis, Day 4, I recently discovered Christ in Day 3, which is Christ, the Morning Light who defeats darkness . . . which is what Jesus did after three Days in the Grave. And again, this points to Colossians 2:9-15.

Colossians 2:12-15 NLT - "For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

As Jesus said, the Scriptures point to Him! I cannot tell you how grateful I am, that the Lord has pulled me out of the Matrix, that is this world that belongs to the Devil. I'm so grateful that the Curse of Confusion has been lifted from my Heart so that I would begin to understand the Work of Christ. And you, too, I believe . . . are awakening to the deeper Truths of Christ.

Ziggy . . . the more you invest into the Word of God, the more of His Holy, Almighty Power He will extend to you. I pray that you would know, feel and understand His Power in a most measurable and physical Way. The more you Know Him, the more you will be hated in this world, but it also means that you will have greater assurance than before. The deeper the worldly hate towards you, the deeper you will know His Power.

I am very proud to know you. Keep going and never stop! And oh . . . be sure that I read any articles that you post. We need to support each other. This is why you will see me being an encourager to those of different opinions . . . it is important to encourage rather than throw knives and stones. BTW: If you've never read the Bible in a timeline, chronological fashion . . . do so and that Bible of yours will unfold like never before. Oh, and also . . . when you do read the Bible in that way, process the entire book through the Triangle of Truth that I wrote about (above). That . . . my friend, will change your entire life. Use as many translations as you can; never settling for just one, or even ridiculing the use of some (as many do). All translations are basically saying the the same thing, and they all seem to oppose each other in small ways, but what you will find in every translation, is the Mysterious Plan of God. For someone to erase that Plan from the Bible, they must be aware of it. Few are aware of it in it's fullest scope, thus is remains . . . and always will!

I appreciate you very, very much. Keep going and never stop!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See that's the Spirit!

I been digging most my life for the "treasures" and the "pearls"
I found wisdom, and I like her. She keeps me company whenever I'm not sleeping.
And I don't sleep much at all.
I like the KJV because I can find the same words in both the OT and the NT and follow both sides of that Red Sea while walking straight down the solid path between them. There is no going back. Only forward. And yet you have to travel back and forth and up and down to find things.
Isn't that curious lol

If I have a hard time understanding a passage, I lean towards the NLT. But I usually use the Lexicon in the BlueLetterBilble.org
for the description given for whatever it is, everything has multiple levels. Somethings mean exactly what it is.
I enjoy the company and the conversations.
This is a really awesome forum, and I'm glad your here.

HUGS
:)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is still original sin so infants still need Christ thru Christian baptism

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the KJV because I can find the same words in both the OT and the NT

Man alive . . . your whole post, and not just this one section of it (above), speaks so much to me. You are, no doubt, on the right path.

As for what you said about the KJV and its using the same words in the OT as the NT . . . that is a most wise realization. I've never heard that before, and it makes total, 100% sense, as it is my favorite translation to prove the Doctrine of Circumcised Hearts. The KJV holds no bones to tell the Truth about that Doctrine, as it is clearly founded in the Old Testament.

Thank you for that NUG of serious Truth! Give me as much of that kind of thinking as possible. It is in these kinds of "sharings" with one another that will teach me more than anything else.

I really appreciate you!