Bible alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wycliffe Bible Lk 1:28 says Hail Mary full of grace

Yes, it's in the Bible. Thank you.

The important words, you should not ignore, are "full of grace." It means that despite her Sin Nature, God has overwhelmed her with undeserved kindness.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What dualism is that? If I am a child of GOD, I can only be an orphan if God is dead. Is that were you are headed now?

Only in the church you need a spiritual father to guide you

Acts 8:28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

he had scripture but the spirit sent an apostle!!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement makes no sense. I assumed that all your posts and recommendations were to my benefit. You are right, though, I am obligated to obey God's revelation, which is found exclusively in the scriptures.

God tells us this explicitly. That is, he teaches Israel, and us through them, how to recognize and spot false teachers and false prophets. Essentially, we compare the presumed word from God with prior revelation. If the presumed word is contrary to what God has already revealed, we are to consider that message to be false.

I see no reason to adopt another strategy.

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have the scriptures.
You were talking about Apostles. Dude, take Zoe's advice. Give in to reality.

you won’t obey your superiors in the faith, why should listen to Zoe? Is Zoe an apostle?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to re-read, because I'm not sure it's going to get any clearer. But thank you for acknowledging that I *don't* follow Mariolatry. But then it confuses me because you say you think I follow the Catholic traditional line on what Scripture consists of.

But my argument has *not* been that I believe the Scripture canon is set because Catholics said so, because Catholics set the number of books. Obviously, Catholics like to add the Apocrypha to their Bibles!

I do not reject Enoch as canon because Catholics or Fundamentalists do so. I reject it for the same reasons that it traditionally is rejected as canonical--it lacks Jewish acceptance as OT canon, and lacks value as having apostolic doctrinal content.
1. I brought Mariolatry up BECAUSE you didn't follow it... but here you're following errant men who did. Starting in the 2nd century, the Mariolatry began with St. Irenaeus declaring her to be "New Eve" and it ramped up from there. These are the men you're following, and telling me and all the readers to follow, when you want to defend "the Bible" as some kind of perfect complete exhaustive compendium of God's Words to us. Why are you following them and treating their pronouncements so seriously? Why only this one? Why not all of them?

2. My argument about Enoch, again, was that Jude cited an extra-Biblical authority.
Now, you may want to argue it didn't come from the Book of Enoch we have.
All right. Where did it come from? What's the source? It's not the Bible.
I think it was from the Book of Enoch we have--it would have to be certified by examining ancient citations.
(Was the Book around? Were there fakes around? Et cetera.)
Also, Paul possibly cited a midrash about the Rock that followed the children of Israel.
If God has a blessing for me in extra-Biblical sources/writings the NT writers lived by, I want it.
That's my point.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. I brought Mariolatry up BECAUSE you didn't follow it... but here you're following errant men who did. Starting in the 2nd century, the Mariolatry began with St. Irenaeus declaring her to be "New Eve" and it ramped up from there. These are the men you're following, and telling me and all the readers to follow, when you want to defend "the Bible" as some kind of perfect complete exhaustive compendium of God's Words to us. Why are you following them and treating their pronouncements so seriously? Why only this one? Why not all of them?

2. My argument about Enoch, again, was that Jude cited an extra-Biblical authority.
I think it was from the Book of Enoch we have--it would have to be certified by examining ancient citations.
Also, Paul possibly cited a midrash about the Rock that followed the children of Israel.
If God has a blessing for me in extra-Biblical sources/writings the NT writers lived by, I want it.
That's my point.

So if Paul cited baptizing people for the dead, you're all in? It's a free world, brother. Go for it!

I don't know why you want to keep linking me with the Mariolatry crowd. But you're enjoying it. Go for it!

It doesn't matter to me if Jude was quoting from the book of Enoch. I think he did so not to put his seal of approval on the book of Enoch, but rather, to acknowledge the commonly-accepted prophecy of Enoch, recorded in the book of Enoch, that he foretold a coming universal judgment on earth.

Recognizing that Enoch gave this prophecy and giving sanction to the book of Enoch are two different things. Again, if you want to make them the same thing, it's a free world. Go for it.

For what it's worth, Jude did not give any credit to the book of Enoch, even though he may have been quoting it. Rather, it gave recognition to the pseudepigraphal work that acknowledged a commonly-held belief that Enoch had given this prophecy.

The book of Enoch likely used that prophecy to try to legitimize his entire phony book. It is *my belief* that Enoch falsely lifted Enoch's genuine prophecy, inserting it into his own work, thinking that those who knew Enoch had given this prophecy would accept the whole book as genuine.

It is likely the author of Enoch thought he was somehow "channeling Enoch" through his writing. I wouldn't accept automatic reading, ouija boards, or false prophecies. If you have no basis by which to judge a prophecy, you'll fall victim to it!

But I think we're pretty much done. Enjoy your beliefs, as long as you can...

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if Paul cited baptizing people for the dead, you're all in? It's a free world, brother. Go for it!
1. You said you didn't even know what that was.
2. I said if it is apparent they live they lives by something, like when Paul says authoritatively that the Rock followed the children of Israel, I want to do likewise and obtain any blessing I can from those sources they live by and cite.

I don't know why you want to keep linking me with the Mariolatry crowd. But you're enjoying it. Go for it!
All the readers know the point I'm making even if you want to pretend you don't.
You start with falsehoods, so continue in falsehoods--falsehood upon falsehood!

It doesn't matter to me if Jude was quoting from the book of Enoch. I think he did so not to put his seal of approval on the book of Enoch, but rather, to acknowledge the commonly-accepted prophecy of Enoch, recorded in the book of Enoch, that he foretold a coming universal judgment on earth. Recognizing that Enoch gave this prophecy and giving sanction to the book of Enoch are two different things. Again, if you want to make them the same thing, it's a free world. Go for it.
For what it's worth, Jude did not give any credit to the book of Enoch, even though he may have been quoting it.
1. Again and again, I cannot accept the idea that Jude citing a Prophet of God is nothing notable, and isn't a seal of approval--that I should hold it as being nothing more than something like Paul becoming like a pagan to win pagans (citing pagans to pagans). I know better than that. You do as well. Your allegiance to Mariolators is the only thing preventing you from admitting it.
2. If I find the writers lived by writings not included in the anthology (the Bible), yeah, it's well within reason to do some investigation into the matter and to follow their example and live by them too (if everything checks out). Apparently the Ethiopians did it. No reason to reject that blessing--I'm not bound to Mariolators' decisions!

Rather, it gave recognition to the pseudepigraphal work that acknowledged a commonly-held belief that Enoch had given this prophecy.
The book of Enoch likely used that prophecy to try to legitimize his entire phony book. It is *my belief* that Enoch falsely lifted Enoch's genuine prophecy, inserting it into his own work, thinking that those who knew Enoch had given this prophecy would accept the whole book as genuine.
Yeah, as I'd already said, that is a possibility--one way of testing that speculative belief would be to cross-reference citations from reputable sources. Really, we'd have to ascertain where Jude got this prophecy from.
You're fine with the idea that a NT writer was inspired by God to mislead people to read and trust in a false Book. All right, I guess (?).
As far as it having not been "canonized" by Jews, that's not my problem--you're the one who believes the NT to be perfect and exhaustive, but your perfect and exhaustive Scriptures are citing Enoch, so you have that problem to reconcile with your beliefs not me with mine. When I see Jude citing it that's enough for me--one Jew in that position is enough.

It is likely the author of Enoch thought he was somehow "channeling Enoch" through his writing. I wouldn't accept automatic reading, ouija boards, or false prophecies. If you have no basis by which to judge a prophecy, you'll fall victim to it!
Well, before you said you didn't care if it did come from the Book of Enoch, but now you're saying you think the Book of Enoch was a result of divination? You think the Bible leads its readers to trust in a publication authored by divination? Yeah, that's a dangerous belief--and, what do you know, it is blind faith in Mariolators which is at the base of it (is the reason you are having to resort to it--it's the only way to hold the nonsensical tradition together). Solution : drop the Mariolators.

But I think we're pretty much done. Enjoy your beliefs, as long as you can...
And you enjoy yours--ie, "Mariolators told me so--I don't question them."

Last edited:

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Were any of the 12 Apostles evil ?

How many evil popes has there been ?

Here's a list of just 10

There have been countless evil popes throughout history. These people drag the name of the papacy through the mud, and have given the Vatican a reputation it never wanted, but may never be able to get rid of. These evil popes have committed some of the worst crimes imaginable, and unashamedly so. This is a list of 10 shockingly evil popes.

10-300x100.png

Pope Alexander VI

Pope_Alexander_Vi-227x300.jpg

Alexander is also known as Rodrgio Borgia, or Pope Borgia. The Borgia family bought their way into the papacy to make Alexander Pope. Once Alexander became Pope in 1492 he began to put on extravagant orgies, sometimes including over 50 prostitutes. Strangely he would order some men to keep tally of the amount of orgasms each member of the clergy had, as he believed that virility was a sign of strength. Alexander was a clever schemer, and was a rich merchant before buying his way into the papacy. He would marry his daughter off to rich merchants, and then absolve the marriage gaining all their money in the process.

9-300x100.png

Pope Damasus I

Saintdamasus-213x300.jpg

Pope Damasus funded the church by selling women and children as sex slaves, he would even sell nuns. He dealt with opposition in a brutal manner, torturing or murdering anyone who got in his way. Damasus was hated by many people, not the populace but also members of the clergy hated him. Over 40 bishops spoke out against Damasus’s despicable actions, and attempted to convict him of adultery. Due to the corruption of the Vatican, and the Popes influence he was never convicted, and all the bishops who tried to convict him were killed.

8-300x100.png

Pope Benedict IX

Pope_Benedict_IX_Illustration-213x300.jpg

Pope Benedict IX was one of the few evil Popes to actually become Pope twice. In his first reign as Pope he committed every crime under the sun. He murdered, raped, and took part in adultery. He didn’t hide his crimes at all, and everyone knew what he did, he was one of the most disrespected popes of all time. Eventually the people drove him out of the city, and the new pope was Pope Gregory VI. The next pope after him was Pope Damasus II. Benedict poisoned Damasus and rettok his position as Pope. He didn’t chnge his ways, and continued committing inexcusable crimes, until he was finally driven out once more, and after this he never became Pope again.

7-300x100.png

Pope Urban II

Urban_II_cropped-195x300.png

Pope Urban is one of the most Popes because he initiated the first which caused many incidents between Muslims and Christians. The Crusades caused countless deaths, and has still left some animosity towards Christians to this day. He amassed a large army by saying that no matter what you’ve done, you’ll have a chance to get into heaven. “All who die by the way, whether by land or by sea, or in battle against the pagans, shall have immediate remission of sins. This I grant them through the power of God with which I am invested.”

6-300x100.png

Pope Paul III

Pope_Paul_III_-_WGA22962-236x300.jpg

Pope Paul III was a man with strange ideals. He seemed to be incredibly moral about some things, and immoral about others. Paul seemingly would do anything for money. He actually went as far as to murder his own mother just to inherit her fortune. He executed people without a second thought. If he feels like he wanted to get rid of someone even for something petty, he would kill them, and he even enjoyed prostitutes. However he was completely against enslaving native Americans, and hated corruption. He would punish anyone who was caught accepting a bribe.

5-300x100.png

Pope Sergius III

Pope_Sergius_III-207x300.jpg

Pope Sergius III is one of the more mysterious evil popes. Since he lived in the dark ages not much is known about him apart from some of his wrongdoings. He is one of the only popes to have killed another pope. He ordered his papal predecessor to be strangled to death, and the very same year he took power, and became pope himself. He also sired a child with one of his mistresses, who happened to be the daughter of a powerful count. His son later went on to become the next pope.

4-300x100.png

Pope Stephen VI

Jean_Paul_Laurens_Le_Pape_Formose_et_Etienne_VII_1870-300x199.jpg

Pope Stephen VI wasn’t only of the most evil popes but also one of the craziest. When he became pope he actually had the previous popes body exhumed so that it could stand trial. He accused him of several crimes, and wanted him to answer for them. The crimes he accused him of were mainly just the actions he took while Pope. For the trial, the body was placed on a throne, when he was found guilty he was body, and his thrown into the River Tiber. Not long after the strange trial Stephen was assassinated. Stephen was clearly completely insane, and will always be remembered as such.

3-300x100.png

Pope Boniface VIII

Bonifatius_viii_papst.jpg

Pope Boniface is probably the only Pope in history to admit that he didn’t even believe in god, and declared himself an atheist. He was described I the catholic encyclopaedia as “scarcely any possible crime omitted – heresy gross and unnatural immorality, idolatry, magic, simony… his whole pontificate was one record of evil.” Boniface tried to make himself the most powerful man in the world and released a Papal Bull which declared that everyone was subordinate to him even kings, it said “Now, therefore, we declare, say, determine and pronounce that for every human creature it is necessary for salvation to be subject to the authority of the Roman pontiff”

2-300x100.png

Pope John XII

GiovanniXII-294x300.png

Pope John was as evil as he is incompetent. He came up with multiple malevolent schemes to gain power, many of which ended in failure leading to ultimate demise. John was Rome’s spiritual leader, and appointed Otto I Emperor of Germany in the hopes he would support him in his war with Berengar II of Italy. For some reason he betrayed Otto and began talking with Berengar. Otto was furious to hear about his betrayal, defeated Berengar. John had managed to escape by this point and so Otto elected a new Pope. With Otto and the new Pope supporting each other in Rome, John attempted to return to Rome and depose the new pope, but before he could manage it he was killed, by someone believed to be the husband of one of his mistresses.

1-300x100.png

Pope Pius XII

His_Holiness_Pope_Pius_XII-209x300.png

Pope Pius XII reigned as pope from 1939 to 1938. Before he became pope he was secretary for the Department of Extraordinary Ecclesiastical Affairs. Pius is known to many as Hitler’s pope, because he actually instructed Hitler to commit the mass murder of non-Catholic minorities all over Europe. He instructed him to create death camps to put them in, and to burn them to death. Pius even created his own group rather like the Nazis who killed over 600,000 people. Pius enjoyed killing them in lots of different ways, including excessive torture, crucifixion, cannibalism, live dismemberment , and burning them while they were still alive. Pius is remembered as one of the most evil words in history.

10 Shockingly Evil Popes

So you telling me these evil men were the head of the Church here on earth as you say ?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already have a spiritual father to guide me. Jesus said he sent the Spirit of truth to guide us. He also said, "But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers." Matthew 23:8

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you won’t obey your superiors in the faith, why should listen to Zoe? Is Zoe an apostle?
Zoe is my wife and she is wise. I listen to her when she makes sense, and she makes sense quite often.

Nonetheless, Jesus told you not to allow someone to call you "rabbi". Why? Because all of those in Christ are brothers, i.e. of equal status. We have no superiors. We only have one superior and his name is Jesus.

We have teachers, we have mentors, we have mature Christians to help guide us. Yes, but they are NOT our superiors. They encourage us, they guide us, they help us see the long view. But we learn from them as one brother to another, not as superior to inferior. And most importantly, we take their advice and encouragement ONLY insofar as our elder brothers have given us advice consistent with the teaching of our Lord and Master Jesus Christ.

The Catholic Church is not the church of Christ. Not even close.

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's my point.

better check the Bible on Mary

Biblical Mary:

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus)

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

Biblical Mary!

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

Mother of Divine Grace!

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The throne of Grace is the throne of Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!

We come boldly to this throne cause Mary is our mother and advocate!

Mary is the storehouse of divine graces!

Lk 1:28
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

Salvation is to be found with Mary!
Jesus Christ is our salvation! Lk 2:30
He is Lord, and He is with Mary! Lk 1:28
Mary found our salvation! Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation! Lk 1:38

Blessed Mary ever Virgin mother of God!

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who may I ask are their successors ?

the bishops acts 1:20 Jn 20:21-23

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Successors of Jesus Christ!

Jesus already prepares His apostles to continue His mission with His power (binding and loosing) and with His authority (keys) matt 16:18 matt 18:18

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 when therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John...
Jn 4:2 Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples

Here we see Jesus delegating to His successors, Peter and the apostles!

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing

There can be no unity of the spirit without obedience to the faith! Rom 1:5 eph 4:3

Matt 28 I am with you (the apostles)

The papacy based on Matt 16:18 and Isa 22:21-22

Matt 16:18-19
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Isa 22:21-22
21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Behold I am with you (the successors or the apostles until the end of the age, so the successors must remain until the end of the age) matt 28:19

(None of the so called reformers were apostles) (no man has authority to start a church)

Successors of Moses!

Matt 23 why does Jesus say to obey the successors of Moses?

The successors of Moses sit in the chair of Moses having the authority of the keys and the power to bind and loose Matt 23 and Jesus commanded them to be obeyed! Then the kingdom was taken from them matt 21:43 and given to Peter, Matt 16:18 the apostles, Matt 18:18 and their successors with the authority of the keys and the power to bind and lose!

Jesus said to obey the authority of the successors of Moses mt 23 authority of the keys and power to bind and loose and this power and authority was taken from them matt and given by Christ to Peter, the apostles and their successors, mt 16:18 18:18 this same authority and power must be obeyed!

mt 28:18-20 all authority is given to Peter, the apostles, and their successors requiring obedience, rom 1:5 obedience to the faith!
And Jesus say to Peter, the apostles, and their successors: behold I am with you even until the end of the world!!!
So the apostles have to remain until the end! Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and Priests: and we shall reign on the earth. Reign with kingdom authority (keys) power (bind loose) matt 16:18
The successors of Peter and the apostles have a valid jurisdictional authority (keys) and power (bind and loose) by Jesus Christ!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

apostolic succession!

explicit and implicit in scripture

Judas was an apostle
Acts 1:17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

acts 1:20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Matthias succeeded him as apostle

acts 1: 26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

now if it applies to judas how much more to Peter and the other apostles

Matt 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jesus is with His church and His apostles until the end! So the apostles must remain until the end governing the church administering the kingdom

Mt 16:18 Peter received the keys of the kingdom: (jurisdictional authority of the universal church) and the power to bind and loose:

Lk 22:32
Jesus prays for Peter:

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already have a spiritual father to guide me. Jesus said he sent the Spirit of truth to guide us. He also said, "But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers." Matthew 23:8

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to his church his apostles Jn16:13 to lead them into all truth 1 Tim 3:15 pillar and ground of all truth and then the apostles are to teach the people matt 28:19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:4 applies to us
We must be instructed

not read the Bible for yourself and make your own doctrine

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zoe is my wife and she is wise. I listen to her when she makes sense, and she makes sense quite often.

Nonetheless, Jesus told you not to allow someone to call you "rabbi". Why? Because all of those in Christ are brothers, i.e. of equal status. We have no superiors. We only have one superior and his name is Jesus.

We have teachers, we have mentors, we have mature Christians to help guide us. Yes, but they are NOT our superiors. They encourage us, they guide us, they help us see the long view. But we learn from them as one brother to another, not as superior to inferior. And most importantly, we take their advice and encouragement ONLY insofar as our elder brothers have given us advice consistent with the teaching of our Lord and Master Jesus Christ.

The Catholic Church is not the church of Christ. Not even close.

Christ and his church are one acts 9:4

the church must teach what Christ has revealed

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

the work of redemption must continue
Matt 28:19 nations need to be taught disciples need baptism