Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only the pagan Roman Empire at that time was drunk with the blood of the saints (Catholics) 1st 300 yrs the church was persecuted by pagan Rome (history) and notice it was conquered in one hour!
How? By the conversion of Constantine!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (pagan Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

The Saints who were persecuted were not Catholics - this is another lie.
The RCC was invented by men starting with Constatine.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Saints who were persecuted were not Catholics - this is another lie.
The RCC was invented by men starting with Constatine.

then who were the popes and bishops in the first 300 yrs?

Peter, Linus, clement etc.

And the council of nicea was called by Constantine
Therefore the bishops already existed and were gathered together under the authority of Christ thru Peter and his successors
For it is not a valid council unless the pope (father) approves and publishes it decrees

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then who were the popes and bishops in the first 300 yrs?

Peter, Linus, clement etc.

And the council of nicea was called by Constantine
Therefore the bishops already existed and were gathered together under the authority of Christ thru Peter and his successors
For it is not a valid council unless the pope (father) approves and publishes it decrees

Popes are a unholy man-made creation to mislead the masses into a falsehood and religion.

Friend run to Christ and to Him alone - and stand upon the Rock of Salvation.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Popes are a unholy man-made creation to mislead the masses into a falsehood and religion.

Friend run to Christ and to Him alone - and stand upon the Rock of Salvation.

and he says to peter to feed his lambs and to forgive sins for reconciliation!

Isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:18 18:18
Jn 20:21-23
Eph 2:20
Jn 21:15

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, for one, many in the church DO NOT have the Spirit. But even among true Spirit sealed believers we're all on a learning curve. We don't discern truth from falsehood over night. Just being exposed to truth to be able to discern it as truth is a problem in the church today. You can't discern the truth as being truth if you never get exposed to it.

tell me about the faith and story of holy Susana in scripture dan chapter 13

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and he says to peter to feed his lambs and to forgive sins for reconciliation!

Isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:18 18:18
Jn 20:21-23
Eph 2:20
Jn 21:15

and this also pertains to us who are His and have been given the Holy Spirit, and have spiritual maturity through walking with the Lord, to both receive from Him and minister to His Lambs.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is John 1:1 Scripture?

Reference:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the context of
Yes, John 20:31 explains how everything he wrote is to prove Jesus is the Messiah. Logically this means, NOTHING he wrote can be take to prove anything else.

No there was s no scripture that is Jn 1:1
Or chapter one verse one of the gospel of John in scripture

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you suppose praying scripture is “vain”?

Good enough for Angels!
Good enough for the Bible!
Good enough for me!

Hail Mary! Full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women,
Lk 1:28 blessed is the fruit of thy womb, (Jesus) Lk 1:42 Holy Mary, mother of God, Lk 1:43 pray for us sinners, now,
rev 5:8 and at the hour of our death, Matt 24:13 amen!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't think of anything I need that it doesn't have.

Tell him, you have a Savior who completed the work the Father sent Him to do when He died on the Cross for our sins.
And before He died he said: It is FINISHED.
And since He did not commit sin, Death could not keep Him in the grave - He is Resurrected
And since He ascended back to the Father to make intercession for us at the Right Hand of the Father.
He is our High Priest - we need no one else.
He did not leave us as orphans, but gave to us the Holy Spirit who only tells us the Truth.
Tell Him you are complete in Him and have no need of religion which is condemned before God.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
without the authority of the church you cannot know what the scripture is
No, really. I can know. John said I have an anointing to discern what is truth and what is not. You obviously don't believe John.

Example luther said James jude and revelation are not inspired scripture
Luther was free to have his own struggle with scripture just like the rest of us. I personally have no problem with those books.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everybody who has the Spirit is taught by Christ. Christ is in every believer via the indwelling Spirit. That's how the believer has Christ in his life.

then why did Christ send his apostles to teach Matt 28:19?????????

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't think of anything I need that it doesn't have.

have you read the faith story of holy Susana dan 13?

The question is who has authority to decide what is and what is not scripture

Where Christ or scripture say that all the divinely reveled truths are in scripture?
Where does Christ say what is and what is not scripture?

why accept the tradition of men who gave us the KJV or luther who says James Jude and revelation are not scripture?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, really. I can know. John said I have an anointing to discern what is truth and what is not. You obviously don't believe John.

Luther was free to have his own struggle with scripture just like the rest of us. I personally have no problem with those books.

that’s crazy

still waiting to hear about the faith story of Susana in dan 13????

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then why did Christ send his apostles to teach Matt 28:19?????????
Spiritual teaching is delivered to the body through those gifted to do that. The discernment to know which teachings really are truth and what are not is given to each individual believer. That's why, ultimately, true believers can not be deceived against their will by false teachers. And that's why we don't need a special priesthood to tell us what teachings are true and which ones are not. We need teachers to teach us the truth, but we do not need those same teachers to tell us what is truth for us. We have that capacity built inside of us via the indwelling Holy Spirit. Surely you believe John, right? Or would you rather believe the corrupt Catholic priesthood that tells you that only they can reveal to you what teachings are truth and which ones are not?

Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual teaching is delivered to the body through those gifted to do that. The discernment to know which teachings really are truth and what are not is given to each individual believer. That's why, ultimately, true believers can not be deceived against their will by false teachers. And that's why we don't need a special priesthood to tell us what teachings are true and which ones are not. We need teachers to teach us the truth, but we do not need those same teachers to tell us what is truth for us. We have that capacity built inside of us via the indwelling Holy Spirit. Surely you believe John, right? Or would you rather believe the corrupt Catholic priesthood that tells you that only they can reveal to you what teachings are truth and which ones are not?

But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. (1 John 2:20-21)

Reactions: Ferris Bueller