Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Vatican is not the church

what evidence to do have for these accusations against Christ and his one true church?

What !!! you are telling me you are ignorant of the RCC murdering Martin Luther and many others throughout the ages.

Do not forget the idols, raping of children, evil false teachings and such....

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What !!! you are telling me you are ignorant of the RCC murdering Martin Luther and many others throughout the ages.

Do not forget the idols, raping of children, evil false teachings and such....

can you possibly be specific

where does the church ever teach anyone to rape or have idols?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this ridiculous one:

RCC is the harlot church - she is guilty of murdering the Saints,

now what evidence?

if you have none then stop attacking Christ

And who is attacking our Lord Jesus Christ???

The fact that you seek to convince unwashed children that the RCC is Christ and His Church is a lie born of satan.
Anyone who has the Holy Spirit knows this.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who is attacking our Lord Jesus Christ???

The fact that you seek to convince unwashed children that the RCC is Christ and His Church is a lie born of satan.
Anyone who has the Holy Spirit knows this.

you are attacking Christ when you attack his church acts 9:4

as usual no evidence

that’s a Protestant for ya

pride presumption and arrogance

no biblical teaching

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are attacking Christ when you attack his church acts 9:4

as usual no evidence

that’s a Protestant for ya

pride presumption and arrogance

no biblical teaching

Acts 9:4 is NOT the RCC and you are a thief and liar and will be judged unless you repent.
Don't ever assume you and the harlot have authority over the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Apostles upon which i stand.
You stand on the Catholic church and you will be judged with her.

We who love the Lord with the Saints in Heaven are waiting for that Day.

Then one of the seven angels with the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits on many waters. The kings of the earth were immoral with her, and those who dwell on the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her immorality.”
And the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness, where I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls. She held in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality. And on her forehead a mysterious name was written:
BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
I could see that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints and witnesses for Jesus. And I was utterly amazed at the sight of her.

Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
“Come out of her, My people,
so that you will not share in her sins
or contract any of her plagues. For her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her iniquities. Give back to her as she has done to others;
pay her back double for what she has done;
mix her a double portion in her own cup. 7As much as she has glorified herself and lived in luxury,
give her the same measure of torment and grief.
In her heart she says, ‘I sit as queen;
I am not a widow and will never see grief.’
Therefore her plagues will come in one day—
death and grief and famine—
and she will be consumed by fire,

for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.”

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 9:4 is NOT the RCC and you are a thief and liar and will be judged unless you repent.
Don't ever assume you and the harlot have authority over the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Apostles upon which i stand.

Then one of the seven angels with the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits on many waters. The kings of the earth were immoral with her, and those who dwell on the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her immorality.”
And the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness, where I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls. She held in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality. And on her forehead a mysterious name was written:
BABYLON THE GREAT,
I could see that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints and witnesses for Jesus. And I was utterly amazed at the sight of her.

and God has remembered her iniquities. Give back to her as she has done to others;
mix her a double portion in her own cup. 7As much as she has glorified herself and lived in luxury,

the pagan Roman Empire qualifies not the holy church the spotless bride of Christ

you cannot enter a covenant by faith alone
Baptism is required
Ez 36:25-27
Mk 16:16
1 pet 3:21

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the pagan Roman Empire qualifies not the holy church the spotless bride of Christ

you cannot enter a covenant by faith alone
Baptism is required
Ez 36:25-27
Mk 16:16
1 pet 3:21

your RCC is located in Pagan Rome where They have the same pagan statutes and white washed them with the names of the Saints.
You worship Mary 'Queen of Heaven' and other occult practices as well such as praying with the rosary beads
They murdered Saint Peter and built the Vatican upon his blood.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your RCC is located in Pagan Rome where They have the same pagan statutes and white washed them with the names of the Saints.
You worship Mary 'Queen of Heaven' and other occult practices as well such as praying with the rosary beads
They murdered Saint Peter and built the Vatican upon his blood.

accusations get you nowhere

show me where the Bible forbids the rosary?

Christian meditation on the life death and resurrection is a problem?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
accusations get you nowhere

show me where the Bible forbids the rosary?

Christian meditation on the life death and resurrection is a problem?

And when you pray do not use vain repetitions as the pagans do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
Matthew 6:7

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when you pray do not use vain repetitions as the pagans do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
Matthew 6:7

Well you finally found a scripture

To bad it does not apply

Christ is condemning the repeating of words within the context of a single prayer ( like most Protestants do) not the repeating of a single prayer or you would not be able to say the Lord’s Prayer more than once in you’re entire life or violate this command!

also Christ our example prayed the same prayer over and over

Matthew 26:42
He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

as I said only attacks and accusations

what’s next call no man father? I’m game

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF, each believer has the Holy Spirit, then why all the confusion???
Well, for one, many in the church DO NOT have the Spirit. But even among true Spirit sealed believers we're all on a learning curve. We don't discern truth from falsehood over night. Just being exposed to truth to be able to discern it as truth is a problem in the church today. You can't discern the truth as being truth if you never get exposed to it.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, for one, many in the church DO NOT have the Spirit. But even among true Spirit sealed believers we're all on a learning curve. We don't discern truth from falsehood over night. Just being exposed to truth to be able to discern it as truth is a problem in the church today. You can't discern the truth as being truth if you never get exposed to it.

Agree

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what this means.

...you do need the priesthood of Christ thru the apostles to do that
Some believers among us true believers are ordained to function in the five fold ministry described in Ephesians 4:11. My contention is the Catholic priesthood does not constitute those who function in the five fold ministry.

Without it you have no bible and CANNOT know what is and what is not the scripture
What are you talking about? We have the Bible whether we have a Catholic priesthood or not.

Reactions: David in NJ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

we must be taught by Christ!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some believers among us true believers are ordained to function in the five fold ministry described in Ephesians 4:11. My contention is the Catholic priesthood does not constitute those who function in the five fold ministry.

What are you talking about? We have the Bible whether we have a Catholic priesthood or not.

you have an incomplete Protestant Bible

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

without the authority of the church you cannot know what the scripture is
Example luther said James jude and revelation are not inspired scripture

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

myra? That’s iPhone spell check belch

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BABYLON THE GREAT,

only the pagan Roman Empire at that time was drunk with the blood of the saints (Catholics) 1st 300 yrs the church was persecuted by pagan Rome (history) and notice it was conquered in one hour!
How? By the conversion of Constantine!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (pagan Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5