Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. (1 John 2:20-21)
The Catholic church does not believe this.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual teaching is delivered to the body through those gifted to do that. The discernment to know which teachings really are truth and what are not is given to each individual believer. That's why, ultimately, true believers can not be deceived against their will by false teachers. And that's why we don't need a special priesthood to tell us what teachings are true and which ones are not. We need teachers to teach us the truth, but we do not need those same teachers to tell us what is truth for us. We have that capacity built inside of us via the indwelling Holy Spirit. Surely you believe John, right? Or would you rather believe the corrupt Catholic priesthood that tells you that only they can reveal to you what teachings are truth and which ones are not?

you’re a walking contradiction

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual teaching is delivered to the body through those gifted to do that. The discernment to know which teachings really are truth and what are not is given to each individual believer. That's why, ultimately, true believers can not be deceived against their will by false teachers. And that's why we don't need a special priesthood to tell us what teachings are true and which ones are not. We need teachers to teach us the truth, but we do not need those same teachers to tell us what is truth for us. We have that capacity built inside of us via the indwelling Holy Spirit. Surely you believe John, right? Or would you rather believe the corrupt Catholic priesthood that tells you that only they can reveal to you what teachings are truth and which ones are not?

then what teach has authority and cannot be rejected

peter is the head of the church on earth
Isa 22:21-22 has the keys matt 16:18
Jurisdictional authority of the kingdom under the king

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

faith and baptism required for salvation and yo receive grace and forgiveness Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is who has authority to decide what is and what is not scripture
Ultimately, the individual believer does! Because each believer has the anointing, they will know via the Holy Spirit what 'scripture' that is set before them is really truth or not. I'm not able to write scripture. That task was gifted to certain men long ago. What I am able to do is discern who's writings are truth and who's are not. John said so, not me. You obviously do not believe John and believe the corrupt Caltholic priesthood instead who tell you only they can tell you what writings are truth and which are not. Boy, if that's not the earmark of a cult then nothing is.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you’re a walking contradiction
No, the problem is you do not understand the difference between being taught something and the ability to know if it's really truth or not. Your Catholic priesthood has robbed you of this knowledge. For obvious reasons! They can't lie to you if they tell you that you can discern truth for yourself via the Holy Spirit inside of them, as John says you can!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ultimately, the individual believer does! Because each believer has the anointing, they will know via the Holy Spirit what 'scripture' that is set before them is really truth or not. I'm not able to write scripture. That task was gifted to certain men long ago. What I am able to do is discern who's writings are truth and who's are not. John said so, not me. You obviously do not believe John and believe the corrupt Caltholic priesthood instead who tell you only they can tell you what writings are truth and which are not. Boy, if that's not the earmark of a cult then nothing is.

then for some Christians with the HS James is scripture and for others it not!

how ridiculous!

paul says be ye of one mind and one heart
Eph 4:5 one faith
Jude 1:3 one faith

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we know what is scripture?

Dan 13

is it the inspired word of God or not?
How do you know from scripture alone please?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s crazy
You're literally saying 1 John 2:20-21 is crazy. If you realized what you're saying you'd see that the Catholic priesthood is a bunch of liars deceiving countless unsaved people, securing their place in the lake of fire. Come to your senses and escape their lies. Get saved one time for all time and have your OWN personal relationship with the Father and the Son.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we know what is scripture?

Dan 13

is it the inspired word of God or not?
How do you know from scripture alone please?
I know you can't hear me, but I've been telling you over and over. You know what is truth and what is not by the anointing of the Holy Spirit - 1 John 2:20-21. God gave his people this ability because of how the corrupt shepherds over his people in the old covenant were their only source of discernment. God rescued his people from their filthy grip in this New Covenant.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then for some Christians with the HS James is scripture and for others it not!

how ridiculous!

paul says be ye of one mind and one heart
Eph 4:5 one faith
Jude 1:3 one faith
Just because we all have the Holy Spirit doesn't mean we grow at the same pace. And all of us have not been exposed to the same amount of truth for it to be discerned. And there are some things that, frankly, don't matter and which do not require spiritual understanding. But, nonetheless, there is only one faith, just as the scriptures teach.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're literally saying 1 John 2:20-21 is crazy. If you realized what you're saying you'd see that the Catholic priesthood is a bunch of liars deceiving countless unsaved people, securing their place in the lake of fire. Come to your senses and escape their lies. Get saved one time for all time and have your OWN personal relationship with the Father and the Son.

no you’re interpretion

1 Jn 2:1 John is a spiritual father!
My little children
He is talking to adult Christians

Simply refers to thee faith and baptism
Not some ability to know what is and what is not scripture
Only the apostles have authority from Christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you can't hear me, but I've been telling you over and over. You know what is truth and what is not by the anointing of the Holy Spirit - 1 John 2:20-21. God gave his people this ability because of how the corrupt shepherds over his people in the old covenant were their only source of discernment. God rescued his people from their filthy grip in this New Covenant.

then why do we need to be taught Lk 1:4?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because we all have the Holy Spirit doesn't mean we grow at the same pace. And all of us have not been exposed to the same amount of truth for it to be discerned. And there are some things that, frankly, don't matter and which do not require spiritual understanding. But, nonetheless, there is only one faith, just as the scriptures teach.

that’s the whole point the spirit of truth bring the unity of faith and obedience of faith

Or there would not be one mind one heart
Thee faith

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religious pagans, false apostles, false prophets, false christs, false teachers love scripture.
They use it to deceive by twisting, just as their master taught them - "wide is the path and twisting is the way that leads to death."

Who was the first 'twister' found in Scripture?
El serpent . La padre de la madre neogra de mintidas y muerte . The serpent was , who is the father of the dark mother of lies and death .
Any guesses on who that mother is . A hint , she is the largest known denomination of the world and she has infected many churches
and many false religions as well to have us join as one with her . THAT is who she is .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
El serpent . La padre de la madre neogra de mintidas y muerte . The serpent was , who is the father of the dark mother of lies and death .
Any guesses on who that mother is . A hint , she is the largest known denomination of the world and she has infected many churches
and many false religions as well to have us join as one with her . THAT is who she is .

Perfecto

Reactions: amigo de christo

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Have you noticed the GROWTH of the Serpent that was in the Garden -
By comparison, in Revelation the serpent is now a Dragon and the innocent little girl becomes a harlot.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo