Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where?

you can only be baptized once! Eph 4:5
A man is sealed with the HS in baptism
Catholics are told to take Communion (the Passover elements) in order to get justified again. My Bible says you don't need to do that over and over anymore because Christ's Passover Sacrifice is a one time Sacrifice that does not need to be repeated.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not getting it through your head that most Protesters are not against ordained gifts of leadership and administration in the church. We are against the Catholic church's claim that they as an organization are the sole ordained leadership of the believers.

truth is truth
No Protestant is a successor to the apostles
No authority
No sacraments
No grace

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not getting it through your head that most Protesters are not against ordained gifts of leadership and administration in the church. We are against the Catholic church's claim that they as an organization are the sole ordained leadership of the believers.

it’s a kingdom with hierarchy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics are told to take Communion (the Passover elements) in order to get justified again. My Bible says you don't need to do that over and over anymore because Christ's Passover Sacrifice is a one time Sacrifice that does not need to be repeated.

the Passover was a perpetual sacrifice
Christ changed it into the new covenant sacrifice in his own blood
Once in a bloody Manner
But daily offered to God a clean pure I bloody sacrifice or oblation
We don’t receive justification but once
Grace everyday

(THE PROPHET MALACHI)
“…in every place there is sacrifice, and there is offered to my name a clean oblation” (Malachi 1:11)

“It would be easier for the world to survive without the sun than to do so without the Holy Mass” (Saint Padre Pio)

Malachi
is the final book in the Old Testament. Malachi was the last of the twelve minor prophets of the Old Testament. Malachi lived about four hundred years before Christ.

According to Dr. Paul Heinisch, “the prophet [Malachi] speaks of a time when [God] will be worshipped throughout the world by every race, a time when sacrifice will be made to Him everywhere and by all peoples. This sacrifice will be a “perfect” oblation, it will not be marked by blemishes like those presently offered by the priests in Jerusalem. And the offering will be brought by men with pure hearts and upright intentions” (Christ in Prophecy, p.172, The Liturgical Press).

This awesome prophecy of Malachi reads as follows:

“For from the rising of the sun even to the going down, my name is great among the Gentiles, and in every place there is sacrifice, and there is offered to my name a clean oblation: for my name is great among the Gentiles, saith the Lord of hosts.” (Malachi 1:11)

Dr. Heinisch, an Old Testament scholar, comments: “The prophecy [of Malachi] is fulfilled in the sacrifice of holy Mass. Here we have a true sacrifice; the object is the purest possible – the Son of God, and the Offerer, the Savior through the hands of the priest. It is, moreover, offered in all places throughout the world” (Christ in Prophecy, p.173). Thus, in Eucharistic Prayer number three we find a palpable echo of Malachi’s prophecy. The prayer reads, in part:

“You are indeed Holy, O Lord, and all you have created rightly gives you praise, for through your Son our Lord Jesus Christ, by the power and working of the Holy Spirit, you give life to all things and make them holy, and you never cease to gather a people to yourself, so that from the rising of the sun to its setting a pure sacrifice may be offered to your name.” (emphasis added)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, lol.
You are certainly free to think what you want.
You are very typical of the cults. You say no one outside of your 'church' is saved.

no I never said that
I don’t have a church only Christ does
And it’s the Bible that says that about his one true church
The ark of salvation entered by baptism
As Noah’s ark was a type and no one outside Noah’s ark lived
1 pet 3:20-21

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying the Bible is only 66 books
I'm free to make that decision. What I am not free to do is not live for God. You apparently can't see the difference between ignoring a book, and not obeying what a book says. Obviously, the obedience God is looking for is the obedience of living for him in right living. Obedience is not a matter of whether or not you consider a written text inspired or not. That's just foolish, legalistic thinking.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbroken line from Christ to peter and the apostles and their successors, how could any Protestant have any connection or authority?

For example

IRENAEUS
“It is possible, then, for everyone in every church, who may wish to know the truth, to contemplate the tradition of the apostles which has been made known to us throughout the whole world. And we are in a position to enumerate those who were instituted bishops by the apostles and their successors down to our own times, men who neither knew nor taught anything like what these heretics rave about” (Against Heresies 3:3:1 [A.D. 189]).

“But since it would be too long to enumerate in such a volume as this the successions of all the churches, we shall confound all those who, in whatever manner, whether through self-satisfaction or vainglory, or through blindness and wicked opinion, assemble other than where it is proper, by pointing out here the successions of the bishops of the greatest and most ancient church known to all, founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul—that church which has the tradition and the faith with which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the apostles. For with this Church, because of its superior origin, all churches must agree, that is, all the faithful in the whole world. And it is in her that the faithful everywhere have maintained the apostolic tradition” (ibid., 3:3:2).

“Polycarp also was not only instructed by apostles, and conversed with many who had seen Christ, but was also, by apostles in Asia, appointed bishop of the church in Smyrna, whom I also saw in my early youth, for he tarried [on earth] a very long time, and, when a very old man, gloriously and most nobly suffering martyrdom, departed this life, having always taught the things which he had learned from the apostles, and which the Church has handed down, and which alone are true. To these things all the Asiatic churches testify, as do also those men who have succeeded Polycarp down to the present time” (ibid., 3:3:4).

“Since therefore we have such proofs, it is not necessary to seek the truth among others which it is easy to obtain from the Church; since the apostles, like a rich man [depositing his money] in a bank, lodged in her hands most copiously all things pertaining to the truth, so that every man, whosoever will, can draw from her the water of life. . . . For how stands the case? Suppose there arise a dispute relative to some important question among us, should we not have recourse to the most ancient churches with which the apostles held constant conversation, and learn from them what is certain and clear in regard to the present question?” (ibid., 3:4:1).

t is incumbent to obey the presbyters who are in the Church—those who, as I have shown, possess the succession from the apostles; those who, together with the succession of the episcopate, have received the infallible charism of truth, according to the good pleasure of the Father. But [it is also incumbent] to hold in suspicion others who depart from the primitive succession, and assemble themselves together in any place whatsoever, either as heretics of perverse minds, or as schismatics puffed up and self-pleasing, or again as hypocrites, acting thus for the sake of lucre and vainglory. For all these have fallen from the truth” (ibid., 4:26:2).

“The true knowledge is the doctrine of the apostles, and the ancient organization of the Church throughout the whole world, and the manifestation of the body of Christ according to the succession of bishops, by which succession the bishops have handed down the Church which is found everywhere” (ibid., 4:33:8).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is with every believer via the Holy Spirit. Not via a hierarchy of leadership.

who is scripture requiring you to obey?

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority of fathers! Heb 13:17

Protestantism is a sin against the Christian virtue of obedience!
(Spiritual anarchy)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm free to make that decision. What I am not free to do is not live for God. You apparently can't see the difference between ignoring a book, and not obeying what a book says. Obviously, the obedience God is looking for is the obedience of living for him in right living. Obedience is not a matter of whether or not you consider a written text inspired or not. That's just foolish, legalistic thinking.

no you’re not free to decide what is scripture or doctrine

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Passover was a perpetual sacrifice
Yes, and one that got satisfied one time for all time in the Sacrifice of Jesus our Passover Lamb so that it does not have to be performed by us anymore for justification. This is the very truth that escapes the Catholics and which relegates them to the list of works salvationist cults. You people keep getting resaved every Sunday! That is the works salvation that Paul railed against.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no you’re not free to decide what is scripture or doctrine
I am, dude.
What I'm not free to decide, without penalty, is if I'm going to live for God in obedience. Whether or not I consider a book inspired has no bearing on my salvation. Whether I have faith in Christ, evidenced in a change of nature, does. Catholics do not comprehend this truth. They don't comprehend it because they do not have the Spirit in salvation. It is a spiritual truth revealed by the Spirit. You lock the Spirit out of your church by believing doctrines that aren't of God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and one that got satisfied one time for all time in the Sacrifice of Jesus our Passover Lamb so that it does not have to be performed by us anymore for justification. This is the very truth that escapes the Catholics and which relegates them to the list of works salvationist cults. You people keep getting resaved every Sunday! That is the works salvation that Paul railed against.

not for justification but to increase in grace sanctifying grace scriptures constantly say grace be with you, why if you’re saved all over and done already in grace

not saved again each Sunday but increase of grace and mass is offered everyday and to receive Christ’s body and blood in holy communion

1 Corinthians 5:6-8
Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth

Do this!!!

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.