Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am, dude.
What I'm not free to decide, without penalty, is if I'm going to live for God in obedience. Whether or not I consider a book inspired has no bearing on my salvation. Whether I have faith in Christ, evidenced in a change of nature, does. Catholics do not comprehend this truth. They don't comprehend it because they do not have the Spirit in salvation. It is a spiritual truth revealed by the Spirit. You lock the Spirit out of your church by believing doctrines that aren't of God.

we must be taught by Christ

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, lol.
You are certainly free to think what you want.
You are very typical of the cults. You say no one outside of your 'church' is saved.
Hey Ferris,

Here is what The Church has declared in the Second Vatican Council: “Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience – those too may achieve eternal salvation”

The Catechism says: 1281 [A]ll those who, without knowing of the Church but acting under the inspiration of grace, seek God sincerely and strive to fulfill his will, can be saved even if they have not been baptized.

Soooo would you care to refine your statement?

Reactions: GodsGrace

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no I never said that
I don’t have a church only Christ does
And it’s the Bible that says that about his one true church
You say that a person is not in Christ unless they are in the Catholic church. That means you're saying everyone outside of your church is unsaved.

The ark of salvation entered by baptism
As Noah’s ark was a type and no one outside Noah’s ark lived
1 pet 3:20-21
Everyone who believes in God is placed in Jesus. Water does not do that. Obedience does not do that. Faith, all by itself, apart from works does that. Romans 4:6.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then explain the true hierarchy
"And it was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers..." Ephesians 4:11

We protesters just don't think that the Catholic priesthood is included in that hierarchy. They have not been called to these offices. They are false prophets and teachers.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You say that a person is not in Christ unless they are in the Catholic church. That means you're saying everyone outside of your church is unsaved.

Everyone who believes in God is placed in Jesus. Water does not do that. Obedience does not do that. Faith, all by itself, apart from works does that. Romans 4:6.
Just got here.
Your last paragraph is funny.
Faith and obedience are both necessary for salvation.

It's statements such as yours that lead some new Christian's astray.

This will be on you.
James 3:1

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“The true knowledge is the doctrine of the apostles
Nobody has to interfere between God and his people to tell them what the true doctrine of the apostles is. We have that knowledge in the pages of our Bibles. Each believe has within him the anointing to discern which so-called teachers are deviating and corrupting or adding to the doctrine of the apostles we have in our Bibles and which ones are not.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes, I agree (for what that actually means), but justification is by faith all by itself apart from the obedience of works.
Correct.

But you make it sound as if obedience is not necessary. Jesus said we will be judged by our works,,,after salvation, of course.
John 5:28

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not for justification...
not saved again each Sunday but increase of grace...
I had lengthy discussions with a devout Catholic a few years ago and he said it was necessary to be re-justified. How can two Catholics disagree about this since you boast of being unified in doctrine?

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What IS the difference?

I think you mean between justification and sanctification?
Salvation is a broad term for being in a state of being delivered from the eternal penalty for your sins. Justification means being declared (made) righteous in God's sight (it also means being shown to be righteous). You must be justified in order to be saved.

Sanctification is, both, the state of being set apart by God for a holy purpose, and actually being in that holy purpose. Being set apart happens the moment you are saved. Actually living out that holy purpose you've been set apart for is an ongoing process that occurs over time.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...and mass is offered everyday and to receive Christ’s body and blood in holy communion

1 Corinthians 5:6-8
Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth

Do this!!!

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
Protestants do this.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who is scripture requiring you to obey?

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority of fathers! Heb 13:17

Protestantism is a sin against the Christian virtue of obedience!
(Spiritual anarchy)
Protestants understand the necessity to obey those who genuinely have and hold one of the spiritual callings and offices in Ephesians 4:11. We just don't think the Catholic priesthood constitutes those who have those callings and offices. We know from 1 John 2 that every individual believer has an anointing via the Holy Spirit to discern who is a spiritual leader in the church and who is not. Nobody decides that for us individually. The true sheep know and follow the Shepherd's voice. Ultimately, they can not be deceived. So don't worry about anarchy in the ranks. That happens among unbelievers and fake believers, not true believers.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no you’re not free to decide what is scripture or doctrine
This may well be, ultimately, the single most important point of contention between Catholics and Protestants: God made it so we don't need anyone telling us what is truth and what is not.

"And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. ...His true and genuine anointing teaches you about all things..." 1 John 2:27

As you can see, we have within us the voice of the Holy Spirit to tell us if what we are told is truth or not. No man can usurp that authority and force his opinion onto the true believer about what is truth and what is not. Discernment of truth is an individual liberty given to each true believer.