Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Changing the subject is, de facto, admitting that you're wrong and have nothing more to say.
How has the subject changed? The issue is water baptism being taught by the apostles. Philip dipped the Eunuch in water... is it your contention that Peter didn't dip also? If they both practiced dipping in water, then Paul himself was dipped in this passage.
Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How has the subject changed? The issue is water baptism being taught by the apostles. Philip dipped the Eunuch in water... is it your contention that Peter didn't dip also? If they both practiced dipping in water, then Paul himself was dipped in this passage.
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

The OP is "Bible alone".

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Apparently you can't read. My signature says that I know that God exists. (see below)

You are being intentionally deceitful!
I did not ask you if you knew. I asked you if you believe...Your signature says you don't believe God exist, doesn't it? So how am I being deceitful? Apparently, you don't know what you wrote

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not ask you if you knew. I asked you if you believe...Your signature says you don't believe God exist, doesn't it? So how am I being deceitful? Apparently, you don't know what you wrote

Apparently you can't read, or you're intentionally lying. Since I assume that you can read, you're trolling.

Matthew 5:37, "All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one (Satan)."

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And everything I posted is in the bible, so what is your problem?

This is from the Bible? "I did not ask you if you knew. I asked you if you believe...Your signature says you don't believe God exist, doesn't it? So how am I being deceitful? Apparently, you don't know what you wrote"

Again, Matthew 5:37, "All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one (Satan)."

And you call yourself a saint of God?

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
This is from the Bible? "I did not ask you if you knew. I asked you if you believe...Your signature says you don't believe God exist, doesn't it? So how am I being deceitful? Apparently, you don't know what you wrote"

Again, Matthew 5:37, "All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one (Satan)."

And you call yourself a saint of God?
Yep, that is what God called us to be... I asked you to answer a simple question, yes or no, and you couldn't.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, that is what God called us to be... I asked you to answer a simple question, yes or no, and you couldn't.

Because I didn't respond to your "simple question" doesn't mean I couldn't. It means I chose not to answer it. I'm done discussing anything with you; I don't entertain fools.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul taught water baptism...

Paul actually didnt teach water baptism.
Paul taught "justification by faith".

Here is what Paul said about water baptism..

Paul Said :: "Christ sent me NOT to Water Baptize". 1 Corinthians 1:17.

So, what you have to ask yourself is...

Why would Paul write most of the New Testament, and all the Doctrine for the Church, and say to the born again.. "be a follower OF ME, as i follow CHRIST"......and then tell you....>"Christ sent ME not to water Baptize".

A.) Because water can't save you, so, its not REQUIRED for : Salvation.

And even before Paul told you that Jesus didnt send Him to Water Baptize......you can read the Gospels and notice that the dying THIEF on the Cross, who is in heaven right now, was not water baptized.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Paul actually didnt teach water baptism.
Paul taught "justification by faith".
Here is what Paul said about water baptism..

Paul Said :: "Christ sent me NOT to Water Baptize". 1 Corinthians 1:17.
e
Nevertheless, Paul did baptize...So you are using that passage out of context.
14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
So, what you have to ask yourself is...

Why would Paul write most of the New Testament, and all the Doctrine for the Church, and say to the born again.. "be a follower OF ME, as i follow CHRIST"......and then tell you....>"Christ sent ME not to water Baptize".

A.) Because water can't save you, so, its not REQUIRED for : Salvation.

And even before Paul told you that Jesus didnt send Him to Water Baptize......you can read the Gospels and notice that the dying THIEF on the Cross, who is in heaven right now, was not water baptized.
First, you took the passage out of context... Then you made a doctrine from the out-of-context passage. Paul was water baptized and he taught water baptism. What he was saying was, water baptism was not his mission. His mission was to preach the gospel. Preaching the gospel includes preaching about water baptism...
The thief on the cross went to paradise, a place in hell where the believers were held, as prisoners. You need to read and understand the scripture.
Water baptism is required...
Acts 10:47
Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Nevertheless, Paul did baptize.

He also enjoyed building Tents.
Which is to say, that neither water nor Tent building is required to go to Heaven.
How do you know?
Because the only thing that God offers to get you into Heaven and Keep you there, is the Cross of Christ and the eternal redemption that is found as the shed blood and death of God, as Christ, on the Cross.

You, like all the self righteous, want to replace the Cross or add to it, your works and self effort and water, and ....what else you got?
And that is LEGALISM, that is trying to subvert the Cross Of Christ by adding to it, anything, that a Legalist teaches that you "also must do" to go to Heaven.

Reactions: Jim B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So show where the apostles obeyed that command. There is no record in the scripture of anyone using that formula.

Baptism:

Matt 28:19

The holy church obeys the command Of Jesus!

Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ…

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing so remain in Christ!

Keep his commandment!

matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 Jn 2:5 But who so keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

His word: Matt 28:19

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Baptism:
Matt 28:19The holy church obeys the command Of Jesus!

If you are water baptized, but not born again, you are not "in the church", You are just Religious, but lost.

Water is not required for Salvation.
How do you know?
Because WATER didn't die on the CROSS for your SIN !.

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism:

Matt 28:19

The holy church obeys the command Of Jesus!

Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ…

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing so remain in Christ!

Keep his commandment!

matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 Jn 2:5 But who so keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

His word: Matt 28:19

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Why don't you communicate in English? Do you really think that a Galilean carpenter spoke in a long-dead dialect that nobody would understand?

1 John 2:20-23 (a paragraph) in English : Nevertheless you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know. I have not written to you that you do not know the truth, but that you do know it, and that no lie is of the truth. Who is the liar but the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ ? This one is the antichrist: the person who denies the Father and the Son. Everyone who denies the Son does not have the Father either. The person who confesses the Son has the Father also." (with my emphasis).

You try to sound "holy" but instead you conceal the message.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is either willful ignorance or blindness why you left out...24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

still refers to a promise of cuter life of grace in baptism with a new heart and the spirit

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are water baptized, but not born again, you are not "in the church", You are just Religious, but lost.

How do you know?

then answer the scripture and my simple questions

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptism
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 2:1&5 brought to life in baptism
Eph 4:5 one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 and not the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

Faith and baptism!

Scripture says none of the things about “Faith alone”!

“Faith alone”

Questions

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is not found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How do you know?

jn 3:5 says a BY water AND the spirit

v22 they went to the river (water water everywhere) and they baptized!!!