Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Final absolute command from God!

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

ALL other baptisms are INVALID!!!
Absolute certainty there?

Yes, "in the name", but is a person "in the name" simply because another person pronounces spoken words over him? What is the NAME and how does a person get "in the name"?

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." Col 3:17

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

Being "in the name" is much more than simply saying "in the name of Jesus" with our physical mouth. People say that there is power in the name and there is...but is not the key is to be "IN" the name? At a neighborhood bar room people may regularly say the word, "Jesus" with their mouths but never are "IN" the name.

When is a person "in" the name completely? Would it not be when that he has the mind of Christ completely? Do all of us have the mind of Christ all of the time? If we did, we certainly wouldn't sin at all, would we?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, "in the name", but is a person "in the name" simply because another person pronounces spoken words over him? What is the NAME and how does a person get "in the name"?

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." Col 3:17

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

Being "in the name" is much more than simply saying "in the name of Jesus" with our physical mouth. People say that there is power in the name and there is...but is not the key is to be "IN" the name? At a neighborhood bar room people may regularly say the word, "Jesus" with their mouths but never are "IN" the name.

When is a person "in" the name completely? Would it not be when that he has the mind of Christ completely? Do all of us have the mind of Christ all of the time? If we did, we certainly wouldn't sin at all, would we?

Oh, what an excellent post!!! There is a sermon here!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Final absolute command from God!

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

ALL other baptisms are INVALID!!!
What is the name of the son?

A...Jesus.

B...son.

C...I dunno.

Pick one.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

were talking baptism here!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
were talking baptism here!
If a person is not baptized "in" the name, what has been accomplished? Is baptism in water [H2O] the most important thing? What about the Holy Ghost and the fire as per John the Baptist?

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:" Matt 3:11

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person is not baptized "in" the name, what has been accomplished? Is baptism in water [H2O] the most important thing? What about the Holy Ghost and the fire as per John the Baptist?

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:" Matt 3:11
Remission of sins.

The Holy Ghost infilling does not remit sins.

The name of Jesus does while being immersed.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remission of sins.

The Holy Ghost infilling does not remit sins.

The name of Jesus does while being immersed.
I suppose you are thinking of this verse:

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38

Is that not again in speaking of being immersed [baptized] "in the name"? Where does it say, "in the water"?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose you are thinking of this verse:

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38

Is that not again in speaking of being immersed [baptized] "in the name"? Where does it say, "in the water"?
Here....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins BY THE HOLY GHOST , and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

See what I mean?

It does not work.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins BY THE HOLY GHOST , and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

See what I mean?

It does not work.
Did you read my post and my questions?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People believe what they want, and how they want. Some people will never change on their stances and some to people things they hold near and dear to their heart is what it is.

No one can change a person, an we must be mindful of those who may have autism, or mental handicaps, I work with people like this.

All we can do is love them for who they are, and share Gods love them as we live, it’s challenging and difficult to do. That is why we must rely fully on Christ and go with Christ on the cross, die in him, buried with him (fleshly ways), and be raised again in new spiritual life.

None of the “intellectualism matters” what does matter is love. Allowing people the freedom as all of us are responsible to God in the end at death.

Nothing more nothing less!

God bless friends.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

without the outward sign there is no inward grace or salvation

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
without the outward sign there is no inward grace or salvation
Who but God is always able to correctly discern such an outward or the inward sign in a person? Who is else is always able to read what is in a person's heart?

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7:1-2

Reactions: Cassandra