Bible alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And once again, you FAILED.

I asked you to give me documented evidence that the Pope “WORSHIPS” somebody other than God – and in your abject ignorance and dishonesty, you fell flat on your face.

Good job, Einstein . . .
Calling "worship" by the term "venerate" does not change the reality ... you offer to Mary what belongs only to God (that is idolatry).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask for a statement from an Apostle, and you respond with the adulteress Bathsheba and the whore-monger Solomon as an example of why we should all be praying to Mary rather than God ... how apropos. :eek:

its the line of David the king!
There personal lives are not involved

Jesus is king in the line of David Lk 1:32-33
Mary his mother is queen

the queen makes our petitions known to the king and intercedes for us

Behold thy mother!

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so, he is not even speaking to John, scripture says He is addressing the disciple, therefore it applies to all disciples.

Jesus is making Mary spiritual mother to all disciples! And all disciples take Her into thier home, And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!

What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He gave Mary to be the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation! Behold, I make all things new!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you bother to reference scriptures that do not say what you claim they say?

Acts of the Apostles 1:20
“For it is written in the book of Psalms:
‘MAY HIS RESIDENCE BE MADE DESOLATE,
AND MAY THERE BE NONE LIVING IN IT’;
and,
‘MAY ANOTHER TAKE HIS OFFICE.’​
  • Notice that that verse DOES NOT SAY "their Bishoprics were successive." ... it does not imply it ... it does not suggest it ... it does not HINT at the possibility.
  • At best, it says that one new apostle must replace Judas (which is how the 11 Apostles interpreted it) ... however more Apostles were martyred almost immediately and they did not draw lots and lay hands to replace those Apostles, did they? The "son of perdition" was unique.
I’m gonna let you in on a little secret – that EVERY 1st year Bible student knows:
The Bible was NOT written in English.

I know this comes as a shock to you – but the New Testament was written in Koine GREEK.
The word used for “office” in Acts 1:20 us “Episkopay” – which means “BISHOPRIC”
If you did HALF as much TRUE Bible study as you do hating the Church – you might understand what the Bible REALLY says.

You should be embarrassed by your post . . .

Reactions: Illuminator

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non sequitur.
You were claiming to have oral wisdom from Saint Paul heard in Thessalonica, but you refuse to share this oral wisdom.

Paul said none of what you wrote above (which contradicts HIS writings).
It’s only a “non sequitur” because it proves you wrong about Sacred Tradition.
My argument all along is that Paul wrote to the Thessalonians that the ORAL teachings of the Church hold the SAME weight as the Written (2 Thess. 2:15).

Paul taught the SAME Gospel to the Corinthians or Galatians or Ephesians that he taught to the Thessalonians. He didn’t teach a different Gospel in every town. Your insistence that I present to you an unwritten snippet of information to the Thessalonians is an act of desperation in the face of overwhelming evidence against you . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has already been shown that Paul in the First Century wrote to Timothy explaining that Scripture is adequate.
Both your timeline and your facts are off.
WRONG.
The fact that you continue to LIE in the face of Scriptural evidence simply shows your desperation.
Paul NEVER says that Scripture is “sufficient” or “adequate”. He simply tells Timothy that it is PROFITABLE for teaching, reproof, correction ,etc. (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
The 16th Century was just a European return to Biblical Truth and a rejection of Roman apostasy (triggered by people finally able to read what God wrote through the Apostles) ... as the rest of Christianity had rejected Roman apostasy in the 11th Century.
WRONG.

The Protestant Revolt was caused by many factors – not the least of which was the unbridled arrogance of so-called “intellectuals” whose real goal was to start their own followings. This is the reason you had so many splintered factions sprouting up during that time that ALL taught different doctrines based on the personal interpretations of their founders.

Even Luther lamented what he started when he wrote:
"There are almost as many sects and beliefs as there are heads;

this one will not admit baptism; that one rejects the Sacrament of the altar; another places another world between the present one and the day of judgment; some teach that Jesus Christ is not God. There is not an individual, however clownish he may be, who does not claim to be inspired by the Holy Ghost, and who does not put forth as prophecies his ravings and dreams."- Martin Luther

And it’s BLINDINGLY clear that you don’t have a CLUE about what caused the East/West Split in the 11th .
Do your HOMEWORK . . .[/QUOTE]

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calling "worship" by the term "venerate" does not change the reality ... you offer to Mary what belongs only to God (that is idolatry).
Like what for instance??
And I want documented proof.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Food for thought- Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, Buddhists etc don't pray to their founders mum..:)

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m gonna let you in on a little secret – that EVERY 1st year Bible student knows:
The Bible was NOT written in English.
Psalms were written in Hebrew (didn’t they teach you that in 1st Year?).
You should go back to the original to understand a quote.

But thank you for sharing your “little secret”.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Food for thought- Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, Buddhists etc don't pray to their founders mum..:)
Feel free to WANT whatever you desire.
We will both stand before Christ and then we will see if Mary will intercede for you or if the Bible was correct.
It’s a shame if they don’t engage in prayerful intercession.
The Bible commands those of us in the Body of Christ to “pray for one another” (James 5:16).

Question: When was Mary or ANY other saint in Heaven kick OUT of the Body of Christ?
Or, did YOU just take that upon yourselves?

You BOTH need to STUDY your Bible . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should be embarrassed to perpetuate the office of Judas in the Church (as you hold him up as your example).
I don’t “hold up” Judas as anything other than he was – the man who betrayed our Lord and lost hope.

YOU’RE just embarrassed– because you got schooled in a little NT Greek by a Catholic. Acts 1 talks about Judas’s Bishopric (Episkopay). Instead of being angry – be happy that you learned something.

A little advice – don’t bring a pea-shooter to a gunfight.
STUDY your Bible before you make embarrassing claims . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms were written in Hebrew (didn’t they teach you that in 1st Year?).
You should go back to the original to understand a quote.

But thank you for sharing your “little secret”.
Ummmm, the Psalms are in the OLD Testament.
I said the NEW Testament was written in Koine Greek.

Pay attention . . .

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When Jesus first began his mission, his family thought he'd gone bananas-
"When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said "He is out of his mind" (Mark 3:21 NIV)

I don't know if Mary went with them, but knowing mothers I wouldn't have been surprised if it went like this-
MARY- "Please be a good boy and come home and stop showing us up, all the neighbours are talking about you, your dinner'll be ready soon, it's your favourite sausage and mash with onion rings"

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus first began his mission, his family thought he'd gone bananas-
"When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said "He is out of his mind" (Mark 3:21 NIV)

I don't know if Mary went with them, but knowing mothers I wouldn't have been surprised if it went like this-
MARY- "Please be a good boy and come home and stop showing us up, all the neighbours are talking about you, your dinner'll be ready soon, it's your favourite sausage and mash with onion rings"
That’s ALMOST as idiotic as your last post about Fredo Corleone.
But – leave it to a clueless anti-Catholic to get it wrong.

You should spend more time studying your Bible – and less time making dumb jokes . .

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That’s ALMOST as idiotic as your last post about Fredo Corleone.
But – leave it to a clueless anti-Catholic to get it wrong.
You should spend more time studying your Bible – and less time making dumb jokes . .

"O God please make me funny (sniffle)"..:)
jester.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.