Bible alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Alone!

The doctrine of the “Bible alone” or the “Bible is the only source of authority”

Deny’s the divine tradition: Christ teaching the apostles in person.

Deny’s the power of the Holy Spirit: to guide the apostles into all truth, Jn 16:13 and to governing the church.

Deny’s the apostolic tradition:
Authority to define scripture:
Authority to interpret scripture:
Authority to teach the entire divine revelation.

Restricts the divine revelation and the word of God to scripture alone.

Provides no authority to know what is scripture.
Provides no authority to know what is not scripture.
Provides no authority to safeguard and protect scripture from errors.
Provides no authority to teach scripture without error.

Reasons to oppose the doctrine of the “Bible alone”

Blind or illiterate and cannot read scripture. (Most people before the 20th century were illiterate)
Rare & Expensive (even after the printing press)
Faith comets by hearing not reading.

The Bible alone does not teach the doctrine of the “Bible alone”.

Biblical reference to authority other than the Bible alone.
Matt 16:18-19
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:18-20
Matt 18:17
Jn 20:21-23
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:31
1 Tim 3:15

When God called abram, Moses, the prophets, John the Baptist, and apostles it was not by the “Bible alone” Lk 3:2 the word of God came to John in the wilderness… a book did not fall out of the sky.

There is no list of scripture in scripture!

How does a person know what books, chapters, and verses are scripture and which ones are not?

The word of God is not limited to the “Bible alone”!

The word of God came to Abraham, to Moses, the prophets, and to John the Baptist in the wilderness (Lk3:2) but it did not come by the Bible, or the “Bible alone” not by any book, chapter, or verse!

Scripture all scripture is inspired, all the books and chapters of the canonical scripture authorized by Christ and His church!

The teaching authority of the apostles is the God breathed word of God!

Jn 20:23 He breathed on them (the apostles) and said receive the Holy Spirit…

Lk 10:16 he who hears you (the apostles) hears me. (Hears the word of God)

Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, I send you.

Acts 2:42 the doctrine of the apostles is the word of God!

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

1 Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ

1 Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

(The apostles received the word of God and handed it down to us, partly in the scripture)

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

All scripture is inspired! 2 Tim 3:16
(Not only 66 books with missing chapters)

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Did the apostle John possess the truth? Or only when He wrote it down did it become the truth?

Is what He taught only mere human tradition of men? But what He wrote was the inspired word?

Why is there joy complete in the person of the apostle?

The doctrine of the “Bible alone”
or that the church believes by the “Bible alone” is a heresy!

The truth is revealed by God thru Christ and taught by His church with the unity of the spirit and obedience of faith! Jude 1:3 Matt 28:19
One shepherd & on flock!
Jn 10:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture challenge!

Show me from or in “the Bible alone”?

1) a list (not contents) of the Ten Commandments.

2) what things is Lk 1:49 referring to.

3) what Christ commanded his apostles in Matt 28:20

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Alone!

The doctrine of the “Bible alone” or the “Bible is the only source of authority”

Deny’s the power of the Holy Spirit: to guide the apostles into all truth, Jn 16:13 and to governing the church.

Blind or illiterate and cannot read scripture. (Most people before the 20th century were illiterate)

When God called abram, Moses, the prophets, John the Baptist, and apostles it was not by the “Bible alone” Lk 3:2 the word of God came to John in the wilderness… a book did not fall out of the sky.

How does a person know what books, chapters, and verses are scripture and which ones are not?

The word of God came to Abraham, to Moses, the prophets, and to John the Baptist in the wilderness (Lk3:2) but it did not come by the Bible, or the “Bible alone” not by any book, chapter, or verse!

Scripture all scripture is inspired, all the books and chapters of the canonical scripture authorized by Christ and His church!

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

1 Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ

1 Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

(The apostles received the word of God and handed it down to us, partly in the scripture)

Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Did the apostle John possess the truth? Or only when He wrote it down did it become the truth?

Is what He taught only mere human tradition of men? But what He wrote was the inspired word?

The truth is revealed by God thru Christ and taught by His church with the unity of the spirit and obedience of faith! Jude 1:3 Matt 28:19
One shepherd & on flock!

The Bible alone is God's inspired word, it has the final authority, anything else is simply opinion. Jesus did assign a faithful slave to shepherd his sheep in his absence, they are not inspired, however the understanding of the inspired scriptures are revealed to Jesus' disciples through them during these last days. Prior to Christ there were different avenues, but in Jesus' day the Sanhedrin had the final say. After the end of the law covenant, 36 CE the governing body was the highest authority on earth, as it is today.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible alone is God's inspired word, it has the final authority, anything else is simply opinion. Jesus did assign a faithful slave to shepherd his sheep in his absence, they are not inspired, however the understanding of the inspired scriptures are revealed to Jesus' disciples through them during these last days. Prior to Christ there were different avenues, but in Jesus' day the Sanhedrin had the final say. After the end of the law covenant, 36 CE the governing body was the highest authority on earth, as it is today.

the apostolic tradition is inspired

Matt 28:19 commanded to teach

if as you believe only scripture then how can you possibly answer these questions

How do we know what is scripture?

How do we know what is not scripture?

How to safeguard and protect scripture from errors.

How to teach scripture without error!

How to interpret scripture?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

if as you believe only scripture then how can you possibly answer these questions

The answer to all of your questions, when needed, is provided by the Holy Ghost within us:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:8

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh..." Acts 2:17

"For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." Acts 2:39

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Bible is a collection of 66 sacred books. It was written over a period of approximately 1,600 years. The Bible contains a divine message—“the word of God.”—1 Thessalonians 2:13.
Facts about the Bible
  • Who wrote the Bible? God is the Author of the Bible, but he used approximately 40 different men to write it. Some of these men were Moses, King David, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. God put his thoughts into the minds of the writers for them to record his message.—2 Timothy 3:16.

To illustrate: If a businessman directs his secretary to write a message on his behalf, perhaps even giving the gist of it, the businessman is still the author of the message. Likewise, even though God used men to write his message, he is the real Author of the Bible.

• What does the word “Bible” mean? “Bible” comes from the Greek word biblia, meaning “little books.” In time, biblia came to describe the whole collection of smaller books that together make up the Bible.

• When was the Bible written? The Bible began to be written in 1513 B.C.E. and was completed over 1,600 years later, about 98 C.E.

• Where is the original Bible? No original Bible writings are known to have survived. This is because Bible writers used perishable materials available at the time, such as papyrus and parchment. However, professional scribes meticulously copied and recopied Bible writings for centuries, preserving their contents for future readers.

• What are the “Old Testament” and the “New Testament”? What is commonly called the Old Testament describes the part of the Bible that was written mainly in Hebrew, also known as the Hebrew Scriptures. What is called the New Testament refers to the section written in Greek, known as the Christian Greek Scriptures. The two parts together form one complete book, also called the Holy Scriptures.
  • What is in the Bible? The various parts of the Bible contain history, laws, prophecy, poetry, proverbs, songs, and letters.
What is the Bible about?
The Bible begins with a brief overview of the creation of the heavens and the earth by Almighty God. By means of the Bible, he introduces himself by his name, Jehovah, inviting humans to get to know him.—Psalm 83:18.

The Bible explains that God has been misrepresented, and it shows how he will restore his reputation.

The Bible reveals God’s purpose for mankind and the earth. It shows how God will eliminate the causes of human suffering in the future.

The Bible provides practical advice for daily life. Examples of this include:

• Maintaining good relationships. “All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must do to them.”—Matthew 7:12.

Meaning: We should treat others the way we would like to be treated.

• Dealing with stress. “Never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties.”—Matthew 6:34.

Meaning: Instead of worrying excessively about what may happen in the future, we do well to live one day at a time.

• Enjoying a happy marriage. “Each one of you must love his wife as he does himself; on the other hand, the wife should have deep respect for her husband.”—Ephesians 5:33.

Meaning: Love and respect are vital to a successful marriage.
Has the Bible been changed?
No. Scholars have carefully compared ancient Bible manuscripts with today’s Bible and have found that the Bible’s original message is basically unchanged. This makes sense—after all, if God wants his message to be read and understood, is it not reasonable that he would ensure that the message would not be changed?—Isaiah 40:8.

Why are there so many different translations of the Bible?
Most modern readers cannot understand ancient Bible languages. Yet the Bible has “good news” for “every nation and tribe and language.” (Revelation 14:6, footnote) For that reason, people need a translation of the Bible in a language they understand so that they can read and properly understand God’s message.

Bible translations reflect three basic styles:

• A word-for-word translation is as literal as possible.

• A thought-for-thought translation uses words that represent the meaning of the original-language text.

• A paraphrase translation freely rewords the text, aiming to make it enjoyable to read. However, the freeness of paraphrased translations may at times obscure the true meaning of the passage.
A good Bible translation balances literal translation with understandable modern language to convey God’s message to mankind accurately.

Who decided what should be included in the Bible?
As its Author, God decided what belongs in the Bible. He first chose the ancient nation of Israel to be “entrusted with the sacred pronouncements of God,” acting as custodians of the Hebrew Scriptures.—Romans 3:2.

Are there lost books of the Bible?
No. The Bible is complete; there are no “lost” books. Some may claim that certain ancient books that were long concealed rightly belong in the Bible. However, the Bible contains its own internal measure of authenticity. (2 Timothy 1:13) Using this standard, Bible books that are inspired by God completely harmonize with one another. This cannot be said for all ancient writings that some individuals claim belong in the Bible

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is a collection of 66 sacred books. It was written over a period of approximately 1,600 years. The Bible contains a divine message—“the word of God.”—1 Thessalonians 2:13.
Facts about the Bible
  • Who wrote the Bible? God is the Author of the Bible, but he used approximately 40 different men to write it. Some of these men were Moses, King David, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. God put his thoughts into the minds of the writers for them to record his message.—2 Timothy 3:16.

To illustrate: If a businessman directs his secretary to write a message on his behalf, perhaps even giving the gist of it, the businessman is still the author of the message. Likewise, even though God used men to write his message, he is the real Author of the Bible.

• What does the word “Bible” mean? “Bible” comes from the Greek word biblia, meaning “little books.” In time, biblia came to describe the whole collection of smaller books that together make up the Bible.

• When was the Bible written? The Bible began to be written in 1513 B.C.E. and was completed over 1,600 years later, about 98 C.E.

• Where is the original Bible? No original Bible writings are known to have survived. This is because Bible writers used perishable materials available at the time, such as papyrus and parchment. However, professional scribes meticulously copied and recopied Bible writings for centuries, preserving their contents for future readers.

• What are the “Old Testament” and the “New Testament”? What is commonly called the Old Testament describes the part of the Bible that was written mainly in Hebrew, also known as the Hebrew Scriptures. What is called the New Testament refers to the section written in Greek, known as the Christian Greek Scriptures. The two parts together form one complete book, also called the Holy Scriptures.
  • What is in the Bible? The various parts of the Bible contain history, laws, prophecy, poetry, proverbs, songs, and letters.
What is the Bible about?
The Bible begins with a brief overview of the creation of the heavens and the earth by Almighty God. By means of the Bible, he introduces himself by his name, Jehovah, inviting humans to get to know him.—Psalm 83:18.

The Bible explains that God has been misrepresented, and it shows how he will restore his reputation.

The Bible reveals God’s purpose for mankind and the earth. It shows how God will eliminate the causes of human suffering in the future.

The Bible provides practical advice for daily life. Examples of this include:

• Maintaining good relationships. “All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must do to them.”—Matthew 7:12.

Meaning: We should treat others the way we would like to be treated.

• Dealing with stress. “Never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties.”—Matthew 6:34.

Meaning: Instead of worrying excessively about what may happen in the future, we do well to live one day at a time.

• Enjoying a happy marriage. “Each one of you must love his wife as he does himself; on the other hand, the wife should have deep respect for her husband.”—Ephesians 5:33.

Meaning: Love and respect are vital to a successful marriage.
Has the Bible been changed?
No. Scholars have carefully compared ancient Bible manuscripts with today’s Bible and have found that the Bible’s original message is basically unchanged. This makes sense—after all, if God wants his message to be read and understood, is it not reasonable that he would ensure that the message would not be changed?—Isaiah 40:8.

Why are there so many different translations of the Bible?
Most modern readers cannot understand ancient Bible languages. Yet the Bible has “good news” for “every nation and tribe and language.” (Revelation 14:6, footnote) For that reason, people need a translation of the Bible in a language they understand so that they can read and properly understand God’s message.

Bible translations reflect three basic styles:

• A word-for-word translation is as literal as possible.

• A thought-for-thought translation uses words that represent the meaning of the original-language text.

• A paraphrase translation freely rewords the text, aiming to make it enjoyable to read. However, the freeness of paraphrased translations may at times obscure the true meaning of the passage.
A good Bible translation balances literal translation with understandable modern language to convey God’s message to mankind accurately.

Who decided what should be included in the Bible?
As its Author, God decided what belongs in the Bible. He first chose the ancient nation of Israel to be “entrusted with the sacred pronouncements of God,” acting as custodians of the Hebrew Scriptures.—Romans 3:2.

Are there lost books of the Bible?
No. The Bible is complete; there are no “lost” books. Some may claim that certain ancient books that were long concealed rightly belong in the Bible. However, the Bible contains its own internal measure of authenticity. (2 Timothy 1:13) Using this standard, Bible books that are inspired by God completely harmonize with one another. This cannot be said for all ancient writings that some individuals claim belong in the Bible

show me a list of books and chapters in the Bible?
Chapters and verses are not scripture they were added in the Middle Ages

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
show me a list of books and chapters in the Bible?
Chapters and verses are not scripture they were added in the Middle Ages

You are absolutely correct Faith. Wasn't that a great addition that the brothers did, how much easier it makes for us today. Could you imagine being at the door with a bag full of Scrolls? Heck, most of us now use tablets in our ministry.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are absolutely correct Faith. Wasn't that a great addition that the brothers did, how much easier it makes for us today. Could you imagine being at the door with a bag full of Scrolls? Heck, most of us now use tablets in our ministry.

that’s why we need and have apostles

Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, andspeak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s why we need and have apostles

Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, andspeak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Apostles certainly were necessary for the time for sure, they had abilities that present day Christians are not given. There were if I am not mistaken 14 persons who held that title recorded in Scripture.
They are:
(Matthew 10:2-4) . . .The names of the 12 apostles are these: First, Simon, the one called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebʹe·dee and John his brother; 3 Philip and Bar·tholʹo·mew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James the son of Al·phaeʹus; and Thad·daeʹus; 4 Simon the Ca·na·naeʹan; and Judas Is·carʹi·ot, who later betrayed him.
(Acts 1:23-26) . . .they proposed two, Joseph called Barʹsab·bas, who was also called Justus, and Mat·thiʹas. 24 Then they prayed and said: “You, O Jehovah, who know the hearts of all, designate which one of these two men you have chosen 25 to take the place of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas deviated to go to his own place.” 26 So they cast lots over them, and the lot fell to Mat·thiʹas, and he was counted along with the 11 apostles.
(Romans 1:1) . . .Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus and called to be an apostle. . .

I believe that is the extent of those called to be apostles Faith.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostles certainly were necessary for the time for sure, they had abilities that present day Christians are not given. There were if I am not mistaken 14 persons who held that title recorded in Scripture.
They are:
(Matthew 10:2-4) . . .The names of the 12 apostles are these: First, Simon, the one called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebʹe·dee and John his brother; 3 Philip and Bar·tholʹo·mew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James the son of Al·phaeʹus; and Thad·daeʹus; 4 Simon the Ca·na·naeʹan; and Judas Is·carʹi·ot, who later betrayed him.
(Acts 1:23-26) . . .they proposed two, Joseph called Barʹsab·bas, who was also called Justus, and Mat·thiʹas. 24 Then they prayed and said: “You, O Jehovah, who know the hearts of all, designate which one of these two men you have chosen 25 to take the place of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas deviated to go to his own place.” 26 So they cast lots over them, and the lot fell to Mat·thiʹas, and he was counted along with the 11 apostles.
(Romans 1:1) . . .Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus and called to be an apostle. . .

I believe that is the extent of those called to be apostles Faith.

Peter was first! Really
Huh!
And the church is eternal and cannot change
Apostles then apostles now
Matt 28:19-20

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Alone!

One shepherd & on flock!
Deuteronomy 4:2
Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Revelation 22:18
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

As Peter said, those that are unlearned in the Torah twist Paul's words to their own destruction, just as they do the rest of Scripture.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 4:2
Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Revelation 22:18
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

As Peter said, those that are unlearned in the Torah twist Paul's words to their own destruction, just as they do the rest of Scripture.

Questions about the doctrine of the “Bible alone” or the “Bible is our only authority”?

How can we know what is scripture?

How can we know what is not scripture?

How can we safeguard and protect scripture from errors?

Who has authority to teach scripture without error?

Who has authority to Authentically interpret scripture?

Where does it say the word of God is limited to the “Bible alone”?

Why does scripture teach the authority of Christ in His church in the persons of the apostles?
AKA The Apostolic Tradition (teaching)

more? Ok!

WHEN???

When did it become divine revelation?
When did it become the inspired word of God?

When it was Spoken by Christ to His apostles?

When it was taught by the apostles?

When it was Written down decades latter?

When it was canonized by the supreme Roman pontiff in 381?

When did it become the inspired word of God?

If only when written down (Bible alone) then when it was spoken it should have been rejected as mere human tradition or the tradition of men, and therefore they would not possess the truths revealed by God and could not write scripture!

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"What is Scripture" is what YHVH gave to Moses and the prophets. Paul calls them the oracles of God. Romans 3:1-3, Hebrews 5:12

The easy answer is this: Interpretation of Scripture MUST support obedience to the Torah, or it is from a false teacher. Deuteronomy 13:1-10.

You have chosen to believe a bunch of Europeans who have literally NO connection to Jesus and His people.

That's why what you say doesn't make sense. Your doctrine says that disobeying the specific instructions of God is OK because Jesus DID obey them.

Disobeying the Law is the opposite of following Jesus.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"What is Scripture" is what YHVH gave to Moses and the prophets. Paul calls them the oracles of God. Romans 3:1-3, Hebrews 5:12

The easy answer is this: Interpretation of Scripture MUST support obedience to the Torah, or it is from a false teacher. Deuteronomy 13:1-10.

You have chosen to believe a bunch of Europeans who have literally NO connection to Jesus and His people.

That's why what you say doesn't make sense. Your doctrine says that disobeying the specific instructions of God is OK because Jesus DID obey them.

Disobeying the Law is the opposite of following Jesus.

All people are included in the new covenant church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
And my questions please

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All people are included in the new covenant church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
And my questions please
Your previous post contains 17 questions.
You demand that I answer them.

However, you don't seem interested in answering any.

Your style of interaction is to throw 17 questions at someone and then, if they fail to answer just one, use that one to claim some kind of theological authority in your position. That is likely why you have 13,000+ posts and fewer than 1,000 likes.

The only people in the New Covenant are the houses of Israel and Judah. (Hebrews 8:8) There are no Gentiles mentioned.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your previous post contains 17 questions.
You demand that I answer them.

However, you don't seem interested in answering any.

Your style of interaction is to throw 17 questions at someone and then, if they fail to answer just one, use that one to claim some kind of theological authority in your position. That is likely why you have 13,000+ posts and fewer than 1,000 likes.

The only people in the New Covenant are the houses of Israel and Judah. (Hebrews 8:8) There are no Gentiles mentioned.

Not demand only asking

We are called to be faithful not successful

I’ll answer any questions you have, please be specific

new covenant universal

Major covenants!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18)

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal) All men!

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people. All men!

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world. All men!

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. All men!

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. All men!

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal) All men!

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

Kingdom

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

the holy Catholic Church

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

And His authorized ministers that He Himself appointed!

Matt 16:18-19 & 28:28 eph 2:20 Jn 20:21-23

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Status
Not open for further replies.