Biblical Foreknowledge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're misunderstanding me: I'm done done. I've tried really hard and REALLY patiently to understand your beliefs, but.. well, no point repeating my reasons why.
You would be better off dealing with the scriptures that have been offered and enjoyed by believers since they were written
Psalm 119 is about how believers think about the word of God.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You ,Jane, and the others are looking right past the obvious so you do not understand my answer.
Go to Acts 8
Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch.
God is effectually drawing the Eunuch .
The Eunuch cannot understand Isa53.
God sends a saved sheep as an effectual means to declare the truth to the Eunuch.
See it now? The Spirit is at work, the Eunuch is unable, unless so man help him, and yet it is the Spirit working giving him a new heart.
That is the Biblical answer in part, that all of you resist so far.
AD,
God draws EVERYONE to Himself,,,not just the Eunich in Acts 8:25......
Please see:
Romans 1:19-20 God was drawing ALL to Him even BEFORE the gospel.
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

John 12:32
Jesus draws ALL MEN to Himself.
32“And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.”

We can start with those two verses...but there are many more.
Please reply to the verses and do not give personal opinions.

As to the new heart...
God gives to every saved person a new heart, a new life.

John 20:31
31but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

Please notice the order of the above....
1. the person BELIEVES
2. the person gets NEW LIFE in HIS NAME.

First we believe
then
We get a new heart and a new life.

BTW, I have NOT forgotten that you've NEVER replied to
John 12:32 as requested in a previous post.

I do hope you do this now....
Personal opinions are not considered when speaking of the bible.
Verses please.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AD,
God draws EVERYONE to Himself,,,not just the Eunich in Acts 8:25......
Please see:
Romans 1:19-20 God was drawing ALL to Him even BEFORE the gospel.
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

John 12:32
Jesus draws ALL MEN to Himself.
32“And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.”

We can start with those two verses...but there are many more.
Please reply to the verses and do not give personal opinions.

As to the new heart...
God gives to every saved person a new heart, a new life.

John 20:31
31but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

Please notice the order of the above....
1. the person BELIEVES
2. the person gets NEW LIFE in HIS NAME.

First we believe
then
We get a new heart and a new life.

BTW, I have NOT forgotten that you've NEVER replied to
John 12:32 as requested in a previous post.

I do hope you do this now....
Personal opinions are not considered when speaking of the bible.
Verses please.
Rom1...God reveals Himself in creation leaving men with no excuse.
This does not draw anyone .
John12...Jesus came to His own, His own received Him not jn1
Going to the cross, the gospel goes to all Jew,and gentile.
There were people already dead when Jesus was raised up...they were not drawn so it does not suggest all men whoever lived.
Jn6 already told us who would be drawn savinglyjn6:37-44.
Jn 20 is not giving the ordo salutis.
It is explaining why scripture is given.
The whole gospel of John explains how we are saved.
The scriptures do not contradict themselves as your ideas
suggest they would have to.
Ow how about answering the first 3 posts. 600 posts and you have not actually posted on topic yet.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would be better off dealing with the scriptures that have been offered and enjoyed by believers since they were written
Psalm 119 is about how believers think about the word of God.
In case it wasn't already obvious: I read scripture and they LOUDLY testify against Calvinism. So referring me to scripture to understand your Calvinist view doesn't work.

My spending so much time and energy reaching out to you was to understand your view (rather than just dismissing). And now my reserves to reach out are done.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In case it wasn't already obvious: I read scripture and they LOUDLY testify against Calvinism. So referring me to scripture to understand your Calvinist view doesn't work.

My spending so much time and energy reaching out to you was to understand your view (rather than just dismissing). And now my reserves to reach out are done.
That is ironic. I read scripture also and they loudly testify against the false prophets Joey Smith ,and Brigham young...there us no burning in the bosom, no golden plates,nephites, laminites,no angel moroni, no secret underwear in Fact there are no latter day saints . If you want to know Jesus that the bible describes, you need to seek him in scripture.
God does not call you to see what I believe. Scripture calls you to see the biblical Jesus[ not Lucifer's half brother]...but Jesus who is Eternal God as the one who can save you from your sins.
You sound like a nice person. However, there will be many nice person s who go into second death without Jesus.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is ironic. I read scripture also and they loudly testify against the false prophets Joey Smith ,and Brigham young...there us no burning in the bosom, no golden plates,nephites, laminites,no angel moronic, in Fact there are no latter day saints . If you want to know Jesus that the bible describes, you need to seek him in scripture.
God does not call you to see what I believe. Scripture calls you to see the biblical Jesus[ not Lucifer's half brother]...but Jesus who is Eternal God as the one who can save you from your sins.
You sound like a nice person. However, there will be many nice person s who go into second death without Jesus.
*rolls eyes*
I spent all lot of time trying to understand what you believe. You purposely misunderstand what others believe and gloat about those misunderstandings.
I'm done and really don't care.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

People cannot explain what they do not know. IMHO you have already spent more than enough time and energy reaching out and perhaps should “shake the dust off your sandals”.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is ironic. I read scripture also and they loudly testify against the false prophets Joey Smith ,and Brigham young...there us no burning in the bosom, no golden plates,nephites, laminites,no angel moroni, no secret underwear in Fact there are no latter day saints . If you want to know Jesus that the bible describes, you need to seek him in scripture.

Oh my, the scriptures call you to bend the knee to evil...not much of a calling. Everything you stand for is evil and wrong. And Judging! You are hardly qualified to define what will lead to the second death, the best you can glean from the scripture is a horrid slander of God. You dirty the scriptures every time you quote them.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my, the scriptures call you to bend the knee to evil...not much of a calling. Everything you stand for is evil and wrong. And Judging! You are hardly qualified to define what will lead to the second death, the best you can glean from the scripture is a horrid slander of God. You dirty the scriptures every time you quote them.
Have you ever considered that perhaps they were predestined to be vessels of God’s wrath towards other people? It’s not their fault. They didn't choose what to post. :p

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You again offer no scripture, just an attack. You have no credibility.
You have no biblical position so your posts are void of anything useful.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever considered that perhaps they were predestined to be vessels of God’s wrath towards other people? It’s not their fault. They didn't choose what to post. :p
Another profane post ,off topic as well.Why don't you two go start your own thread and post meaningless things to each other.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You again offer no scripture, just an attack. You have no credibility.
You have no biblical position so your posts are void of anything useful.

I understand the twist you do to scriptures....it is not going to matter. You are only interested in evil. So why would I want to dirty the scriptures with you. As I said, a person can look to the scriptures and believe in love and grace, or a person can look to scriptures and believe in evil and damnation. There is nothing good in what you believe.

Reactions: John Caldwell

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the twist you do to scriptures....it is not going to matter. You are only interested in evil. So why would I want to dirty the scriptures with you. As I said, a person can look to the scriptures and believe in love and grace, or a person can look to scriptures and believe in evil and damnation. There is nothing good in what you believe.
If you cannot show it, quote what was in your view twisted, you have nothing to offer here.
I am certain you cannot do it.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People cannot explain what they do not know. IMHO you have already spent more than enough time and energy reaching out and perhaps should “shake the dust off your sandals”.
Yes.. our hero who has not addressed th OP. Suggesting to a mormon to shake the dust off her feet, that is, dismiss those truths that point you to truth and just remain in a false gospel.

That is just wonderful ....so helpful...:oops:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Rom1...God reveals Himself in creation leaving men with no excuse.
This does not draw anyone .

This is what all calvinists do.
They only read the part they like.
You must read ALL OF SCRIPTURE.

Let's try again:
Why is no one without excuse?
BECAUSE GOD REVEALED HIMSELF TO EVERYONE...
so that No One is without excuse.

Here it is again:

Romans 1:18-20
18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
19because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

No man is without excuse BECAUSE ALL MEN have seen the attributes of God and have the ability to decide FOR HIM or AGAINST HIM.

John12...Jesus came to His own, His own received Him not jn1
Going to the cross, the gospel goes to all Jew,and gentile.
There were people already dead when Jesus was raised up...they were not drawn so it does not suggest all men whoever lived.
AD, do you have a problem with language???
What do you mean the people that were dead were not drawn?
Didn't I just prove to you that GOD DREW ALL MEN TO HIMSELF FROM THE BEGINNING OF TIME. caps for emphasis.
ROMANS 1:19-20
Please read it until you understand it.
GOD HAS DRAWN ALL MEN TO HIMSELF
even BEFORE JESUS was born.

Do you think everyone before Jesus went to hell?
How were those in the O.T. saved?
Were they all Lost?

Ow how about answering the first 3 posts. 600 posts and you have not actually posted on topic yet.[/QUOTE]

Please post precise verses.
And quit complaining about your first three pages...
you can't even handle what's in your hands right now.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what all calvinists do.
They only read the part they like.
You must read ALL OF SCRIPTURE.

Let's try again:
Why is no one without excuse?
BECAUSE GOD REVEALED HIMSELF TO EVERYONE...
so that No One is without excuse.

Here it is again:

Romans 1:18-20
18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
19because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

No man is without excuse BECAUSE ALL MEN have seen the attributes of God and have the ability to decide FOR HIM or AGAINST HIM.

AD, do you have a problem with language???
What do you mean the people that were dead were not drawn?
Didn't I just prove to you that GOD DREW ALL MEN TO HIMSELF FROM THE BEGINNING OF TIME. caps for emphasis.
ROMANS 1:19-20
Please read it until you understand it.
GOD HAS DRAWN ALL MEN TO HIMSELF
even BEFORE JESUS was born.

Do you think everyone before Jesus went to hell?
How were those in the O.T. saved?
Were they all Lost?

Ow how about answering the first 3 posts. 600 posts and you have not actually posted on topic yet.

Please post precise verses.
And quit complaining about your first three pages...
you can't even handle what's in your hands right now.[/QUOTE]
It seems to be you once again that is void of understanding.
Roman's 1 says nothing of anyone being drawn at all. It says nothing about man having ability to do anything spiritual towards God.
In fact Paul goes on to explain no one seeks God

Looks like it is you that cannot come to grips with truth, that is why no one after hundreds of posts can deal with the opening 3 posts.

You can jump up and down and add your faulty ideas to Romans 1 but the scripture stands as written.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.. our hero who has not addressed th OP. Suggesting to a mormon to shake the dust off her feet, that is, dismiss those truths that point you to truth and just remain in a false gospel.

That is just wonderful ....so helpful...:oops:
FWIW: Jon have been a MUCH better example of a Christian and explaining his beliefs.
Anthony, if you think I am damned, then logically you can only blame deity, since you believe I have no free will.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FWIW: Jon have been a MUCH better example of a Christian and explaining his beliefs.
Anthony, if you think I am damned, then logically you can only blame deity, since you believe I have no free will.
Your friend JonC is of no real help to you at all.
For him to allow you to go on in error without challenging the false ideas of that church is hideous. That shows no actual concern or godly love toward your person.
He has an agenda here. He likes any post that is against the truth as he pats himself on the back.That is why he is here.
So take no comfort in a false comforter who says peace peace, when there is no peace.
Scripture says open rebuke is better than secret love. g z