Biblical Foreknowledge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That is ironic. I read scripture also and they loudly testify against the false prophets Joey Smith ,and Brigham young...there us no burning in the bosom, no golden plates,nephites, laminites,no angel moroni, no secret underwear in Fact there are no latter day saints . If you want to know Jesus that the bible describes, you need to seek him in scripture.
God does not call you to see what I believe. Scripture calls you to see the biblical Jesus[ not Lucifer's half brother]...but Jesus who is Eternal God as the one who can save you from your sins.
You sound like a nice person. However, there will be many nice person s who go into second death without Jesus.
Oh my.
Another god on this forum.
So it's YOU who sends persons to hell?
So am I supposed to WORSHIP YOU?

Oh my.
And I've been worshipping Jesus all this time!

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For him to allow you to go on in error without challenging the false ideas of that church is hideous. That shows no actual concern or godly love toward your person.
He has an agenda here. He likes any post that is against the truth as he pats himself on the back.That is why he is here.
So take no comfort in a false comforter who says peace peace, when there is no peace.
Scripture says open rebuke is better than secret love. g z
Could this not be said of you?
You're here with an agenda: to spread what you believe to be truth and what others to be error. You congratulate yourself for it. You don't have actual concern for a person, just your agenda.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what all calvinists do.
They only read the part they like.
You must read ALL OF SCRIPTURE.

Let's try again:
Why is no one without excuse?
BECAUSE GOD REVEALED HIMSELF TO EVERYONE...
so that No One is without excuse.

Here it is again:

Romans 1:18-20
18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
19because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

No man is without excuse BECAUSE ALL MEN have seen the attributes of God and have the ability to decide FOR HIM or AGAINST HIM.

AD, do you have a problem with language???
What do you mean the people that were dead were not drawn?
Didn't I just prove to you that GOD DREW ALL MEN TO HIMSELF FROM THE BEGINNING OF TIME. caps for emphasis.
ROMANS 1:19-20
Please read it until you understand it.
GOD HAS DRAWN ALL MEN TO HIMSELF
even BEFORE JESUS was born.

Do you think everyone before Jesus went to hell?
How were those in the O.T. saved?
Were they all Lost?

Jn6 already told us who would be drawn savinglyjn6:37-44.
Jn 20 is not giving the ordo salutis.
It is explaining why scripture is given.
The whole gospel of John explains how we are saved.
The scriptures do not contradict themselves as your ideas
suggest they would have to.
Ow how about answering the first 3 posts. 600 posts and you have not actually posted on topic yet.

Please post precise verses.
And quit complaining about your first three pages...
you can't even handle what's in your hands right now.
I don’t know about all Calvinists. Some (like John Piper and Tim Keller) have done a pretty good job in explaining their views while not dismissing Scripture (whether or not we agree with their interpretation is another matter). But these are not the “calvinists” you’ll run into on these types of forums. On discussion boards you’ll often find people who are disciples of other men rather than of Christ.

Reactions: Nancy and GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Please post precise verses.
And quit complaining about your first three pages...
you can't even handle what's in your hands right now.
It seems to be you once again that is void of understanding.
Roman's 1 says nothing of anyone being drawn at all. It says nothing about man having ability to do anything spiritual towards God.
In fact Paul goes on to explain no one seeks God

Looks like it is you that cannot come to grips with truth, that is why no one after hundreds of posts can deal with the opening 3 posts.

You can jump up and down and add your faulty ideas to Romans 1 but the scripture stands as written.
Regarding Romans 1:19-20
PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY there is no one without excuse.

Thanks.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I don’t know about all Calvinists. Some (like John Piper and Tim Keller) have done a pretty good job in explaining their views while not dismissing Scripture (whether or not we agree with their interpretation is another matter). But these are not the “calvinists” you’ll run into on these types of forums. On discussion boards you’ll often find people who are disciples of other men rather than of Christ.
I know.
But it's good to THINK about what one reads.
If no man is without excuse,,,
it must surely mean that EVERY MAN is given a chance!

I happen to like John Piper although he gave someone a terrible answer once, no use getting into it.

His sermons are great.
These are intelligent persons...I don't really understand very well how they get to their theology.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FWIW: Jon have been a MUCH better example of a Christian and explaining his beliefs.
Anthony, if you think I am damned, then logically you can only blame deity, since you believe I have no free will.
Thank you, I try to be Christ-like in my responses. Often I fail, but I’m working on my patience (I just don’t have patience for the work :( ).

You and I disagree regarding our respective beliefs, which is (or should be) obvious. But that is no justification for hate. What you are going to find is that some “calvinists” believe that God loves the elect (those who agree with them) while God hates everyone else which justifies their hatred. This is a corruption of a few passages of Scripture, but it affects how they see people.

If one cannot answer for the faith that is in them, then how can we know that it is? If one’s actions deny the faith they claim to hold, how can their words ring true?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you cannot show it, quote what was in your view twisted, you have nothing to offer here.
I am certain you cannot do it.

Battling scriptures! You produce yours. I produce mine. In this case it is not going to resolve anything. I can produce scriptures...that you have to hate your father and mother, that you have to sell everything you have to be a disciple of Christ, that we have to be perfect, that if one falls away that there is no repenting no coming back, that it is better for men not to touch a woman, that we should leave dead bodies lay a round and let the dead bury the dead, that a rich man cannot make it....with only the few that will find the way to salvation, and for those that are inclined to quote the Old Testament, when we go to war we should kill all that breaths and don't forget the little ones, and take the virgins for ourselves. Parts of that are among the Mosaic Laws. Now what I glean from the scriptures tells something about my character, and my heart, and my wisdom. You and those like you toil to pull the evil from scriptures and desire to slander God. To be akin to evils and then you have the absurdity and audacity to call yourselves the elicit, to edify yourself....it is all so wrong that it defies any reason.

Last edited:

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual truth and the depth of Scripture is not about the accumulation of knowledge but about the continued transformation of a child of God into a more Christ-like person. This is the peace of God that surpasses understanding and the truth that is antithetical to human wisdom. It is the difference between knowing about Christ and knowing Christ and it is played out in our daily lives and interactions with other people.

The issue has become not what is a correct understanding but rather what is an actual belief. Scripture provides certain results, or “fruits”, of the presence of God in the life of a believer. The “fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Caldwell,

[You and I disagree regarding our respective beliefs, which is (or should be) obvious. But that is no justification for hate. ]

Here Jonc calls presenting saving truth to a Mormon hate.

[you are going to find is that some “calvinists” believe that God loves the elect (those who agree with them) ]
God does love the elect JonC...
Poor JonC...he is ever learning but not able to grasp the truth.
You put those who agree with them???
Of course they agree as truth brings unity eph4:11-16

[while God hates everyone else which justifies their hatred. ]
God says He hates Esau. I did not write it Jonc.
Sorry you do not agree with the Apostle Paul.

[This is a corruption of a few passages of Scripture, but it affects how they see people.]

The corruption is from your ungodly posting as an accuser of the brethren every chance you get.
No Calvinist has ever been fooled by your masquerading as " a Calvinist",lol..not even one.
You finally admitted that you are not a Calvinist after saying you were about 50 times on these two message boards.
Truth is you have an agenda to undermine the teaching and the brothers that hold the teaching

[If one cannot answer for the faith that is in them, then how can we know that it is?]
Every Calvinist has corrected you on both boards, and you refuse correction. I understand your bitterness, and frustration. You offer your sage advise and people reject your musings to stay with scriptures.

[ If one’s actions deny the faith they claim to hold, how can their words ring true?]

That is something for you to ponder before you keep referring to biblical believers as swine, and all the little attempts at personal attacks.
We see them coming. This is what you do, and that is why we oppose your false philosophical objections. Go somewhere else JonC.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every biblical Calvinist knows Christ Jesus as central to life.
These kind of evil insinuations are more failed attempts to insult believers.

Last edited:

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless of belief we should at least be people of integrity and our character is on display (lest we prove ourselves dishonest simply by our posts).

We agreed to this when we joined this forum:

No insults are allowed..[t]his further includes making false statements or accusations about a member. Sarcasm is not included under this rule.

Do not attack another member's character in any way. Address the post content, not the member's character, ..

Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christians.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless of belief we should at least be people of integrity and our character is on display (lest we prove ourselves dishonest simply by our posts).

We agreed to this when we joined this forum:

No insults are allowed..[t]his further includes making false statements or accusations about a member. Sarcasm is not included under this rule.

Do not attack another member's character in any way. Address the post content, not the member's character, ..

Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christians.
Well JonC, you should have read that before speaking of other believers as swine.
As far as integrity, no one here is interested in you discussing that topic, as we have seen you in action???lol.no JonC
Your little veiled attacks and open accusations are not welcome here.
You have been asked to go away JonC.
Start your own thread, say what you want to your little posse...just somewhere else.
Here are some thread titles for you;

The humble JonC
How wonderful is JonC.
JonC is so Christ like, let him tell how much he is.
JonC is not like other men.
JonC, agreeing with other gospels.
JonC, why I hate and accuse the brethren.
JonC why I delete and edit posts I cannot answer, when I have the power to do so.
JonC , how to post and avoid truth simultaneously.
I have more if you need them.
Always willing to help such a trusted friend

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Battling scriptures! You produce yours. I produce mine. In this case it is not going to resolve anything. I can produce scriptures...that you have to hate your father and mother, that you have to sell everything you have to be a disciple of Christ, that we have to be perfect, that if one falls away that there is no repenting no coming back, that it is better for men not to touch a woman, that we should leave dead bodies lay a round and let the dead bury the dead, that a rich man cannot make it....with only the few that will find the way to salvation, and for those that are inclined to quote the Old Testament, when we go to war we should kill all that breaths and don't forget the little ones, and take the virgins for ourselves. Parts of that are among the Mosaic Laws. Now what I glean from the scriptures tells something about my character, and my heart, and my wisdom. You and those like you toil to pull the evil from scriptures and desire to slander God. To be akin to evils and then you have the absurdity and audacity to call yourselves the elicit, to edify yourself....it is all so wrong that it defies any reason.
Mentioning scripture and understanding them are two different things.
Now if you would go over the first 3 posts and stay on topic that would be great.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding Romans 1:19-20
PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY there is no one without excuse.

Thanks.
This has been answered before.
Rom1 God reveals that He exists as Creator .rom2 tells men in their consciences they are responsible before God.
Men are without excuse. They need the gospel as the Spirit draws them savingly.
In the Op. We learn that God will save all whom He has Foreknown.
He will save each and everyone of them.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could this not be said of you?
You're here with an agenda: to spread what you believe to be truth and what others to be error. You congratulate yourself for it. You don't have actual concern for a person, just your agenda.
You are welcome to your view , I also can
have my view.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You so funny! You know, there is a reason that everything looks brown to you.
GH,
I am about scripture ,discussing it, working through it.
If you are not about that, of course you will view me strangely.
I do not worry about that.
I worry about being faithful to the person I am responding to.
I have asked you and the others to respond to the OP.
You do not want to do that. That is your choice, but I cannot be of any help to you then.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have a beef with this poster, why don't you just drop it. We can discern what is true and what is not.
Enoch,
He has come here for one reason only.
I have asked him to stop, and go post somewhere else.
He does not go away.
We for a brief time spoke on a friendly basis.
He turned on me. Not that we disagreed doctrinally as much.
He got personal bearing false witness against myself and other Cals.
If you ask any Cal, they will confirm what I am saying.
If he goes away this will cease.
He insinuates things in a sleazy manner, putting words in a person's mouth that they do not believe and then building on such a false foundation.
For example, it would be like if I said,
Enoch I will answer you when you stop beating your wife, and using drugs.
To new people it would seem like Enoch111. Needs to get it together, but it would be false from the start.
He did this for a few years now, and is an obsessed stalker.

You might not share my doctrinal views at this time, but I will be truthful to you as I attempt to be faithful to the scriptures.
No hidden messages, no tale bearing , no double talk.
I expect the same from you on a Christianboard.
I do not believe in censorship.
Each person should express what they believe.

Last edited: