Biblical Foreknowledge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is Jane every post you suggest things imply "free will" which is not taught anywhere in scripture.
To me you are speaking of an invisible, non existent concept, that is not biblical at all. In the bible we see choice, self will, belief....none of which teaches a will that is not bound by sin.
Every scripture example you've posted involves free will (such as the Eunuch seeking truth).
Every other post on here implies free will (such as your previous resisting post).
You actions implies free will (you want to teach turn so that people can learn).

For this being an invisible non existent concept, you sure employ it a lot.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every scripture example you've posted involves free will (such as the Eunuch seeking truth).
Every other post on here implies free will (such as your previous resisting post).
You actions implies free will (you want to teach turn so that people can learn).

For this being an invisible non existent concept, you sure employ it a lot.
Obeying biblical commands is simply the obedience of faith.
Once saved a person is free to serve.
We are never free to sin.
You base your view and responses on emotion and carnal philosophy, not on scripture. Why depart from what God has given?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You base your view and responses on emotion and carnal philosophy, not on scripture. Why depart from what God has given?
I'm just trying to understand what you believe. If that is offensive, then I can stop trying.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because your interpretation of the scriptures lead to a monster...maybe that is why she is departing from it. Carnal philosophy, is that what you are calling basic knowledge of right and wrong? Emotion, yes, disgust and horror.....

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just trying to understand what you believe. If that is offensive, then I can stop trying.
I am not offended at all. I am concerned that you avoid dealing with scripture which is essentially needed to come to truth.
You say you are not here to come to truth, but you are posting mostly on the wrong side of the fence.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not offended at all. I am concerned that you avoid dealing with scripture which is essentially needed to come to truth.
Then please answer my question.
Why do you say that free will doesn't exist when you post scripture that shows it, comments that show it, and actions that show it?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because your interpretation of the scriptures lead to a monster...maybe that is why she is departing from it. Carnal philosophy, is that what you are calling basic knowledge of right and wrong? Emotion, yes, disgust and horror.....
The scripture reveals the biblical God which evidently you like those in Acts 17 know as the unknown God.
She is not "departing from it" .you would have to have it to depart from it.
People in that church do not have it yet. She sounds like a nice person, but many nice persons are in danger outside of the Kingdom.
My friend GH, It seems as if you also are in danger as you Also treat scripture as if it were kryptonite, rather than using it to learn.
Your remarks are lacking any scriptural authority.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture reveals the biblical God which evidently you like those in Acts 17 know as the unknown God.
She is not "departing from it" .you would have to have it to depart from it.
People in that church do not have it yet. She sounds like a nice person, but many nice persons are in danger outside of the Kingdom.
My friend GH, It seems as if you also are in danger as you Also treat scripture as if it were kryptonite, rather than using it to learn.
Your remarks are lacking any scriptural authority.

Regardless, common sense applies. What you describe is a monster hands down. It does not matter what scriptures you use to paint that picture it is still evil and wrong. Evil it is, evil you do.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then please answer my question.
Why do you say that free will doesn't exist when you post scripture that shows it, comments that show it, and actions that show it?
You say that scripture does not.
Jesus did not say people just use your free will and it will be okay.
When the apostles meet in Acts 15, they did not say...how can we get people to just use their free will.
When in Acts 2 the people ask Peter, what shall we do?
He does not say, oh wait, your question implies free will so just use your own free will and make a good decision!

In fact..no one anywhere in scripture uses any such term concerning the will of a person.
You and others mention it every time you post.
It is not in scripture, and in reality does not exist.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless, common sense applies. What you describe is a monster hands down. It does not matter what scriptures you use to paint that picture it is still evil and wrong. Evil it is, evil you do.
It is not wise for you to describe the biblical God as evil, or doing evil.
In fact it is a wicked sin that you need to repent of.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say that scripture does not.
Jesus did not say people just use your free will and it will be okay.
When the apostles meet in Acts 15, they did not say...how can we get people to just use their free will.
When in Acts 2 the people ask Peter, what shall we do?
He does not say, oh wait, your question implies free will so just use your own free will and make a good decision!

In fact..no one anywhere in scripture uses any such term concerning the will of a person.
You and others mention it every time you post.
It is not in scripture, and in reality does not exist.
Then the Eunuch wasn't seeking Christ as all? Seeking is a use of will: the person is searching for Christ.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not wise for you to describe the biblical God as evil, or doing evil.
In fact it is a wicked sin that you need to repent of.

I am not describing God or the Bible as evil. I struggle against those that have put a lot of work and effort to twist the scriptures to describe a God as blood thirsty, merciless, and evil. Who would be behind such a effort to describe God in this way? With all the love in the Bible what would want to slander God?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then the Eunuch wasn't seeking Christ as all? Seeking is a use of will: the person is searching for Christ.
The Eunuch was being drawn by the Father.
Those drawn by the Father do seek ,yes,of course they do.
They would not seek unless they were being drawn

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not describing God or the Bible as evil. I struggle against those that have put a lot of work and effort to twist the scriptures to describe a God as blood thirsty, merciless, and evil. Who would be behind such a effort to describe God in this way? With all the love in the Bible what would want to slander God?
Friend, this sounds very ignorant.
To make such a claim You need to quote examples of such twisting of scripture.
I am sure you cannot back your claims as you have not begun to take on the OP.
Instead of sounding off with no substance...try and back up your claims.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Eunuch was being drawn by the Father.
Those drawn by the Father do seek ,yes,of course they do.
They would not seek unless they were being drawn
Does a person have a choice in this? Or ais a person doing X because God forced them to be thus as this first stage of his actions there?
(I can't really call it seeking here)

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend, this sounds very ignorant.
To make such a claim You need to quote examples of such twisting of scripture.
I am sure you cannot back your claims as you have not begun to take on the OP.
Instead of sounding off with no substance...try and back up your claims.
No, not at all.
One person finds free-will in the scripture, another finds mind control and slavery.
One person finds love and compassion, another finds merciless condemnation and damnation.
One person finds God's love for us, another finds a God with a plan to horribly torture men, women, and children for eternity.
What is the nature of person that finds the love in God, and what is the nature of the person that find this hellish nature in God.
It is all about you, and your desire to be a kind to evil and worship it.

Reactions: John Caldwell

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does a person have a choice in this? Or ais a person doing X because God forced them to be thus as this first stage of his actions there?
(I can't really call it seeking here)
FROM CHS;
God does not violate the human will when He saves a man. They are not converted against their will, but the will itself is converted.
The Lord has a way of entering the heart--not with a crowbar, like a burglar.
But with a master-key, which he gently inserts in the lock, and the bolt flies back, the door opens, and he enters

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Grailhunter,
One person finds free-will in the scripture,

Nobody finds this in scripture as it is not there, and is not taught.

another finds mind control and slavery.

not sure what you mean
[QUOTE]One person finds love and compassion, another finds merciless condemnation and damnation.[/QUOTE]

both are in scripture

One person finds God's love for us,

The love of God is only found in Christ

another finds a God with a plan to horribly torture men, women, and children for eternity.

only wicked unbelievers find this, all the saints praise God for His righteous judgments

What is the nature of person that finds the love in God, and what is the nature of the person that find this hellish nature in God.
It is all about you, and your desire to be a kind to evil and worship it.

Have no idea what this profane statement is.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FROM CHS;
God does not violate the human will when He saves a man. They are not converted against their will, but the will itself is converted.
The Lord has a way of entering the heart--not with a crowbar, like a burglar.
But with a master-key, which he gently inserts in the lock, and the bolt flies back, the door opens, and he enters
Is this you way of saying "no he doesn't have a choice in the matter, and I believe it's ok what he doesn't have a choice"?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this you way of saying "no he doesn't have a choice in the matter, and I believe it's ok what he doesn't have a choice"?

I do not mean to be cruel, but do you have trouble reading what is written?
Each post from the Acts8 post to here, you do not seem to comprehend what was posted?
you seem to need to rewrite the whole post, why is that?
Try and understand what is actually posted without adding your version.