Biblical Foreknowledge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Oh this is just soooo cute.
hysterical.gif

Since YOU are the one that is NOT REPLYING to my questions.....

Let it be noted that you have no CONFIDENCE in what you believe.
And you really should stop following a man and start following Jesus.
That is what makes you a Christian....being a disciple of JESUS .... not of a man.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
P.S.
Just to make sure that you understand that I'm not reading them because they're a WASTE OF TIME since none of what you claim is biblical.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"GodsGrace,

hysterical.gif

Your ENTIRE theology is a mistake.

Here's something from PAGE ONE:

Now the word “foreknowledge” as it is used in the New Testament is less ambiguous than in its simple form “to know.” If every passage in which it occurs is carefully studied, it will be discovered that it is a moot pointwhether it ever has reference to the mere perception of events which are yet to take place. The fact is that “foreknowledge” is never used in Scripture in connection with events or actions; instead, it always has reference to persons . It is persons God is said to “foreknow,” not the actions of those persons. In proof of this we shall now quote each passage where this expression is found.

What are you talking about?

We are talking about the biblical use of the term foreknowledge. You and others are wilfully ignorant of it.

Are you saying GOD DOES NOT KNOW what is going to happen?

We have already discussed the fact that God knows everything. That is not an issue. For you to post this is kind of senseless and shows you do not comprehend the basic discussion.

He only knows PERSONS?[/QUOTE]

Are you being obtuse on purpose? He knows everything being omniscient. The discussion is concerning the elect who he foreknows with a special saving love.

Isn't God omniscient?

Of course he is. This shows you have an agenda to resist the truth of God.

Your other two pages must also be full of mistakes.

The only thing full of mistakes is your post...

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GodsGrace,

P.S.
Just to make sure that you understand that I'm not reading them because they're a WASTE OF TIME since none of what you claim is biblical.
You do not answer because you have an anti Cal agenda. You are like those in Lk19;
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

It is not that you do not know, it is that you have a hatred for God's truth

here you said;
I'm not reading your first 3 posts.
I know about calvinism, and do not need to learn about it from you.[
/QUOTE]

You do not understand those truths known as Calvinism, only a caricature.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GodsGrace,
I'm not reading your first 3 posts.
I know about calvinism, and do not need to learn about it from you

You really do not understand at all.

I find that many calvinists do not enjoy speaking to me.
I do wonder why.

That is easy. You do not understand the teaching and are too lazy to look into it. You have not said one accurate thing, so why should any Calvinist spend time on your posts which are void of substance.

Maybe because they have to face the truth a little?

No , that cannot be it, as you have not offered any. Biblical Calvinists welcome truth, but you offer none so far.
You didn't reply as to what John 3:16 means.

15 that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during,

16 for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

Just like it says...every one believing, everyone who is believing shall not perish.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"GodsGrace,

hysterical.gif

Okay you want me to answer you, I will.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing in Romans 8:28-30 says anything about individuals unconditionally being elected before the world began apart from loving God, apart from answering the gospel call. Nothing in the context says that those who love God (v28) were forced to love God against their will.

Works of merit/self-righteous works or flawless works required by OT law of Moses cannot save but obedience to the will of God does save, Romans 6:16-18. One FIRST loves God (v28) THEN one can be of the foreknown, predestined, called, justified and glorified (v30).

Can you post anything right, or are you on a mission to post the cart before the horse every time?
Cart-Before-the-Horse-e1472651603119.jpg

NO..we do not love God first; here is the biblical order;1jn4
10 Herein is love,
not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

God saves people one person at a time. There is no such thing as a corporate election.
Individual saints are called. They are called to be saints, called to be
holy.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Can you post anything right, or are you on a mission to post the cart before the horse every time?
Cart-Before-the-Horse-e1472651603119.jpg

NO..we do not love God first; here is the biblical order;1jn4
10 Herein is love,
not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

God saves people one person at a time. There is no such thing as a corporate election.
Individual saints are called. They are called to be saints, called to be
holy.
It is Calvinism that is always putting the cart before the horse;

Romans 6:16 Paul said "obedience UNTO righteousness" and NOT obedience because one already is righteous.

One is not obedient because they already are righteous before God but obedience leads one to being righteous before God.

There is no example in the Bible of an impenitent, disobedient person FIRST seen as righteous by God THEN that person obeys. Acts of the Apostles 10:35 those that work righteousness are accepted with God not those that work UNrighteousness. 1 John 3:10 as long as one continues to not do righteousness he continues to not be of God. Therefore one must FIRST obey God's will THEN one is seen as righteous before God.

God foreknew there would be a group called "Christian" and God foreknew those in the group would have the traits of being "in Christ" being "holy and without blame" and be called "sons". Even though God foreknew the group and predetermined what traits this group would possess God never predetermined for men which ones will or will not be in the group. God left that up to each individual....those men that choose to obey the gospel of Christ (2 Thessalonians 1:8) will be the ones in the group and take on the traits of the group. Those that do not obey the gospel of Christ will not be in the group but instead will be in flaming fire per 2 Thessalonians 1:8.

There is no such thing as unconditional election of the individual by God. There is no example of an individual who was apart from the group yet unconditionally possessed the traits of being in Christ, holy and without blame and a son of God. The individual must CONDITIONALLY become a part of the group to possess the groups traits.

If God solely, unconditionally chose for men which ones will or will not be a member of the group Christian, then that would make God a respecter of persons when He is not Romans 2:6-11; Acts of the Apostles 10:34-35. By God allowing men to choose, then that removes God from being a respecter of persons as to who will or will not be a Christian.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is Calvinism that is always putting the cart before the horse;

Romans 6:16 Paul said "obedience UNTO righteousness" and NOT obedience because one already is righteous.

One is not obedient because they already are righteous before God but obedience leads one to being righteous before God.

There is no example in the Bible of an impenitent, disobedient person FIRST seen as righteous by God THEN that person obeys. Acts of the Apostles 10:35 those that work righteousness are accepted with God not those that work UNrighteousness. 1 John 3:10 as long as one continues to not do righteousness he continues to not be of God. Therefore one must FIRST obey God's will THEN one is seen as righteous before God.

God foreknew there would be a group called "Christian" and God foreknew those in the group would have the traits of being "in Christ" being "holy and without blame" and be called "sons". Even though God foreknew the group and predetermined what traits this group would possess God never predetermined for men which ones will or will not be in the group. God left that up to each individual....those men that choose to obey the gospel of Christ (2 Thessalonians 1:8) will be the ones in the group and take on the traits of the group. Those that do not obey the gospel of Christ will not be in the group but instead will be in flaming fire per 2 Thessalonians 1:8.

There is no such thing as unconditional election of the individual by God. There is no example of an individual who was apart from the group yet unconditionally possessed the traits of being in Christ, holy and without blame and a son of God. The individual must CONDITIONALLY become a part of the group to possess the groups traits.

If God solely, unconditionally chose for men which ones will or will not be a member of the group Christian, then that would make God a respecter of persons when He is not Romans 2:6-11; Acts of the Apostles 10:34-35. By God allowing men to choose, then that removes God from being a respecter of persons as to who will or will not be a Christian.
You are constantly describing a gospel of works that is not the biblical gospel.
We are unrighteous. Our works are as filthy rags. Isa64:6

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first occurrence is in Acts 2:23. There we read, “Him being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain.” If careful attention is paid to the wording of this verse it will be seen that the apostle was not there speaking of God’s foreknowledge of the act of the crucifixion, but of the Personcrucified: “Him (Christ) being delivered by,” etc.

Error in red. God's foreknowledge of Christ's crucifixion is exactly what Luke was pointing to there. The prophet Stephen even pointed to that foreknowledge God put in His Word through His OT prophets. The unbelieving Jews stoned him for it:

Acts 7:51-53
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of Whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.
KJV

Stephen shows by that, that they KNEW who Jesus was by knowing the prophecy from the OT prophets, which came to God's OT prophets by the foreknowledge of God. Even David in Psalms 22 was given to recognize the event of Christ's crucifixion a thousand years before it happened.

So I don't know where you got this junk article, but the guy needs to go back to Sunday school.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Error in red. God's foreknowledge of Christ's crucifixion is exactly what Luke was pointing to there. The prophet Stephen even pointed to that foreknowledge God put in His Word through His OT prophets. The unbelieving Jews stoned him for it:

Acts 7:51-53
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of Whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.
KJV

Stephen shows by that, that they KNEW who Jesus was by knowing the prophecy from the OT prophets, which came to God's OT prophets by the foreknowledge of God. Even David in Psalms 22 was given to recognize the event of Christ's crucifixion a thousand years before it happened.

So I don't know where you got this junk article, but the guy needs to go back to Sunday school.
You do not understand biblical foreknowledge.
The man you ridicule saying He needs to go back to Sunday School,is known worldwide, lol....when I see people saying ....did you read the post by Davy on CB...then I will read another of your posts. Right now reading you foolish post damages brain cells.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no such thing as unconditional election of the individual by God.
That is correct. Unconditional election as presented in Calvinism is totally false and contrary to Scripture. God elects no one for either salvation or damnation, and offers the gift of eternal life freely to "whosoever" will take of the Water of Life.

The sad fact it that you can show Calvinists 100 verses which refute their nonsense, but Calvin always overrides Christ. Another name for this kind of thinking is "brainwashing" (which is practiced by cults).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not understand biblical foreknowledge.
The man you ridicule saying He needs to go back to Sunday School,is known worldwide, lol....when I see people saying ....did you read the post by Davy on CB...then I will read another of your posts. Right now reading you foolish post damages brain cells.

Yeah, I read the article. It's the same kind seminary gibberish that I heard one time from a Ph.D. from Vanderbilt seminary, trying to create new doctrines based on Scripture so they can write new books and make more money. You must remember, even the President of the United States puts his pants on the same way we do. They are not infallible.

Reactions: John Caldwell

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I read the article. It's the same kind seminary gibberish that I heard one time from a Ph.D. from Vanderbilt seminary, trying to create new doctrines based on Scripture so they can write new books and make more money. You must remember, even the President of the United States puts his pants on the same way we do. They are not infallible.
ti

Hello Davy,
At least you took the time to read the article.
He was not creating any knew doctrine, just clarifying an old doctrine.
You cannot believe it, unless God allows you too

He believed it and taught it as did most all of the puritans and reformers, Spurgeon and others.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
You are constantly describing a gospel of works that is not the biblical gospel.
We are unrighteous. Our works are as filthy rags. Isa64:6

Works of merit, flawless works required by the OT law of Moses cannot save. Yet obedience to God's will does save and Paul contrasts works from obedience in Romans chapter 4. Abraham and David were not justified by works required by the law of Moses but were justified by an obedient faith. I know of no example in the Bible of a disobedient, unrighteous person justified by 'faith alone' then afterwards that person obeyed. Obedience always comes before justification.

Isaiah 64:6-7 is about Israel at a time when Israel was in iniquity..." our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away....because of our iniquities".
So it cannot be applied universally to all men. Even in the immediate context, Isaiah 64:5 says God meets - entreats - helps those who "worketh righteousness" and are not treated as filthy rags. Acts of the Apostles 10:35 those that "worketh righteousness" are accepted with God, not rejected as filthy rags.

Reactions: John Caldwell

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ti

Hello Davy,
At least you took the time to read the article.
He was not creating any knew doctrine, just clarifying an old doctrine.
You cannot believe it, unless God allows you too

He believed it and taught it as did most all of the puritans and reformers, Spurgeon and others.
Wait....to be clear, you are saying that Davy cannot believe Pink's Calvinism unless God allows him to believe it?

In a way I agree (just like you cannot believe John Wesley's doctrine unless God allows you to believe it). But in another way the comment sounds more cultish or gnostic in nature than Christian. I'm sure you mean the former, but the wording allows for the notion of "another gospel".

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ernest T. Bass,

Hello EB,

As I cautioned earlier, when you resist truth you go further into error. Let's see if you are drifting further away
?:eek:

Let's see if the text gives a hint;
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Yes it is clear now, regeneration comes first. Then the person can walk in the obedience of faith.

here from J.L.Dagg;

Concerning election based on foreseen faith, Dagg writes:

From the views which have been presented, it necessarily follows, that election is not on the ground of foreseen faith or obedience. On this point, the teachings of Scripture are clear. They are chosen not because of their holiness, but that they may be holy; not because of their obedience, but unto obedience.
As the discrimination made in effectual calling is God’s work, and antecedent to all holiness, faith, or acceptable obedience; the purpose to discriminate could not be on the ground of acts foreseen, which do not exist as a consideration for the execution of the purpose.

The discriminating grace which God bestows, is not on the ground of faith and obedience previously existing,
but for a reason known only to God himself. This unrevealed reason, and not foreseen faith and obedience, is the ground of election (312).

A works gospel is not the gospel. Pelagius lives in your posts.

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

God foreknew there would be a group called "Christian"

Really???:eek: So God was a spectator, and He somehow knew this group would exist. How did he know such a thing?:oops:

and God foreknew those in the group would have the traits of being "in Christ"
How did this group acquire these traits?:rolleyes:

What are these traits?

How did this group who were not individuals but a group acquire these traits, when others outside the group could not seem to find these traits
?:oops:

Are you thinking of any scripture at all, or just posting these thoughts as they come to you?

being "holy and without blame" and be called "sons".
So these natural men who were not individuals, but part of this group...desired to be holy and blameless, and were called sons?

Even though God foreknew the group and predetermined what traits this group would possess God never predetermined for men which ones will or will not be in the group.

So according to these musings, let's re-cap;
God sees a group will exist, but no individuals in the group.....yet traits are "predetermined" but just sort of floating around somewhere...not given to anyone, just predestined:oops::eek::rolleyes:

God left that up to each individual....those men that choose to obey the gospel of Christ (2 Thessalonians 1:8) will be the ones in the group and take on the traits of the group.

Of course.. God just waits and watches for men to do it on their own:confused::oops::rolleyes:

Those that do not obey the gospel of Christ will not be in the group but instead will be in flaming fire per 2 Thessalonians 1:8.

The only one who might like your post is the great JonC. He loves all manner of anti-Cal, anti-biblical teaching;););)

If God solely, unconditionally chose for men which ones will or will not be a member of the group Christian, then that would make God a respecter of persons when He is not Romans 2:6-11; Acts of the Apostles 10:34-35. By God allowing men to choose, then that removes God from being a respecter of persons as to who will or will not be a Christian.[/QUOTE]

When a person turns from truth, this is the kind of man-centered - works based message they have. No scriptural base at all.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wait....to be clear, you are saying that Davy cannot believe Pink's Calvinism unless God allows him to believe it?

In a way I agree (just like you cannot believe John Wesley's doctrine unless God allows you to believe it). But in another way the comment sounds more cultish or gnostic in nature than Christian. I'm sure you mean the former, but the wording allows for the notion of "another gospel".

Well. A super Apostle such as yourself can figure it out.
Or maybe you can say you hate Calvinists, delete your post, Then claim you did not make the post, and say people made it up, have an active imagination, then when forced to you admit the post was there, but were not man enough to own your post and recover it out of the deleted files.....but instead project your own guilt for your lying and cover up onto others. Then wait until they get fed up with you and leave or removed;
[ thankyou BB....:D]......oh wait, you cannot do that here;).
We both know you are a liar. We both know what you did.
Your seedy accusations and innuendos will not fly anymore

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know what you are talking about, Anthony D.

In case you did not read my post I am a Calvinist (I am a Southern Baptist who agrees with unconditional election).

I do like non-Calvinist teaching, whether I agree with the teaching or not, if it is orthodox to historic Christianity and sincere (e.g., I appreciate the sermons and writings of men like D.W. Moody and A.Z. Tozier. I also enjoy pre-Reformation theology and the ECF's). But I also like authors such as John Piper, J.I. Packer, and Spurgeon has been a favorite for decades.

I am a Calvinist BUT Calvinism is NOT my religion. I am a Christian, Anthony D. As such I can get along and listen to Calvinists and non-Calvinists as long as they are also Christians as well. The gospel of Jesus Christ does that. The gospel unites believers where diverse understandings may otherwise separate them. It is simply a matter of being faithful to Christ rather than leaning on one's own understanding.

If you are such a "Calvinist" why do you block access to your posts?
it says this member does not allow everyone to see his posts. Why?
if you have nothing to hide, you would keep them open so others could learn from your posts.
Or is it because your "Calvinism is a ruse. I remember you posting that both were wrong, lol...even when you hide and delete posts, sometimes people see and read them before you delete or hide them.
Play the man JonC!
i do not care what you believe, just post it and own it. no deleteing, lying , and everything else you do.