Biblical Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Perhaps that is how you see it. But In my reading of scriptures, it is not. I have explained this briefly in my post #19.

Besides, what Jesus said there is clear, unless one is born again, he can not see the kingdom of God. Only when one is able to see the kingdom of God will repenting and believing unto God be possible.
Actually Jesus also said one must become poor in spirit the greek word their is broken, bankrupt, a beggar. One only comes to this point through repentance.
One only comes to that point if he is able to see that.

Tong
R2491

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bible teaches clearly that salvation is a gift given to us at the time of our conversion. It is a supernatural event... a one time event.
Sadly... there are those who think they need to add to the BLOOD of CHRIST to save them. I'm good on my side of the fence thanks. LOL

Reactions: Pearl

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
you are taking a verse out of its context, and ignoring the others like I have already given in #26. No sinner can be saved without first repenting of their sins.
There is no issue on that. The issue is what makes the fallen man who is in a state of death or is dead, able to repent.

Tong
R2492

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we do not repent of our sins we will continue to be workers of iniquity.

And what does the Bible say about workers of iniquity?

They will be cast into the furnace of everlasting fire (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41).

Therefore, it seems logical to me that in order to avoid those flames, we must repent of walking in the direction of sin.

In 1 John 3:9, we find that the one who is born of God "cannot sin".

Now, John may in fact be using hyperbole; but if he is, he is exaggerating to make a point.

What point?

It is that when we become born again, we make a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, hell, and satan, towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God. We are now walking in a new direction, so that the following is true in our lives.

Pro 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The bible teaches clearly that salvation is a gift given to us at the time of our conversion. It is a supernatural event... a one time event.
Sadly... there are those who think they need to add to the BLOOD of CHRIST to save them. I'm good on my side of the fence thanks. LOL

False salvation

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl... careful not to walk in the dragon's nest. LOL
There are always people on these forums who have been taught a false gospel and they believe it to be the truth. And they read that truth in their bibles but are taught to interpret it differently. And then they try to foist it upon all of us.

Psalm 16:8
I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are always people on these forums who have been taught a false gospel and they believe it to be the truth. And they read that truth in their bibles but are taught to interpret it differently. And then they try to foist it upon all of us.

Psalm 16:8
I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

As I have said before. Birds of a feather :eek:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
False salvation
I'm ok with your opinion... we have locked horns before.

I will end this discussion with these words....

I do NOT desire to have to answer as to WHY I did not believe that the BLOOD of CHRIST was ENOUGH to cover my salvation and my sins.

God has promised to finish in me what HE has begun... and He has also promised that NO ONE can pluck me from His hands. This leaves me FREE from strife... worrying... striving to "remain saved"... and allows me to simply get to KNOW HIM... and LOVE HIM for WHO HE IS. It has NOTHING to do with me and EVERYTHING to do with Him.

I'm off now ... to romp in the meadow and eat clover... with @Pearl

Reactions: Pearl

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I do NOT desire to have to answer as to WHY I did not believe that the BLOOD of CHRIST was ENOUGH to cover my salvation and my sins.

God has promised to finish in me what HE has begun... and He has also promised that NO ONE can pluck me from His hands. This leaves me FREE from strife... worrying... striving to "remain saved"... and allows me to simply get to KNOW HIM... and LOVE HIM for WHO HE IS. It has NOTHING to do with me and EVERYTHING to do with Him.

Why did Jesus Peter and Paul speak of repentance for salvation?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
There is no issue on that. The issue is what makes the fallen man who is in a state of death or is dead, able to repent.
Read John 16 and it will tell you that sinners need to be convicted by the Holy Spirit
I have already pointed out. The dead, unless they are made alive, can do nothing. They see not, hear not, more so repent not.

I am sorry, but your argument there does not address the issue.

Tong
R2493

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you are truly of the sort that can justly rest in the finished work of Christ, and do not have to worry about losing your salvation....

Then it is true of you that you will continue in His goodness to the very end (Romans 11:20-22).

I don't see any conflict between these concepts at all...do you?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already pointed out. The dead, unless they are made alive, can do nothing. They see not, hear not, more so repent not.

Tong
R2493

It should be clear that the Bible teaches that we do not enter into grace apart from faith first being instilled in us by the Lord.

Rom 5:1, Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2, By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

That instillation of faith, may, in itself, be the result of prevenient grace.

However, it should be clear in this passage, at least, that faith is the catalyst for entering into grace, and not the other way around.

Also, John 1:12.

Jhn 1:12, But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Notice it doesn't say, To as many as became the sons of God, to them he gave the power to receive him...

That would be the Calvinistic version....where a man is regenerated before he can even make a decision to believe in and follow Christ.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tong
R2493
A dead person can not do anything, He cant walk he cant talk, he cant think, he cant sleep or eat. he cant reason, He cant be brought to repentance, or chose to reject in sin, He cant do anything

So using this as an example to prove your point is taking the term death and applying to a living soul out of context.