Biblical Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The is too much invitation in Scripture for me to think this way.

All over the place God invites all of us to come to Him.

Romans 10:5-9 KJV
5) For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
6) But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
7) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Acts 17:26-27 KJV
26) And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27) That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Much love!

"Reformed" theology is a death-trap for sinners, as their plan of salvation cannot save anyone.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely... His hypocrisy has caused deep damage to not only believers who trusted in him but to the non-believing world. This is quite easily the biggest scandal in the modern Christian world.
I was deeply grieved when I found this out... the person who discovered his deception was an atheist... I wrote to this man and thanked him for uncovering what should never have been.... Ravi's scandal began with the use of false credentials... and snowballed into abuse of power... which snowballed into abuse of women. There is a problem with how we treat and deal with leadership here in the Christian world... we put them on pedestals... and stop making them accountable.
Pull up a chair my dear friend . I saw doctrinal errors in this man LONG before This was exposed .
Never followed that man . Yes he did have lots of truth . But i suppose some of his understanding was darkened due to sin .
Many can say truths and yet LIVE in darkness . I am not accusing the man at all . For all i know this was all made up about him
or maybe its true . Either way i never followed that man . I smelled problems in his reasonings long , long ago .
THOUGH he did speak much truth at times . He was going carnal in his reasoning in places .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Please be kind to point out in my post, the wrong gospel you say there.
I have already said this like 100 times, there is ZERO salvation for any sinner, without them FIRST repenting of their sins, and believing in the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. To say that a sinner need do nothing to get saved, is a complete fasehood of the Gospel of the Holy Bible, and can save no person.
Nothing in your post there point to anything I said in my post. Please read again and carefully please this time.

Tong
R2509

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing in your post there point to anything I said in my post. Please read again and carefully please this time.

Tong
R2509

did you say this? "In other words, one does not have anything to do with being born, not in his first birth nor in the new birth."

WRONG!!!

Now see what the Holy Bible says, "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we DO?" (Acts 2:37). Peter does not say, "you DO nothing", because God will simply save you. NO, now read what Peter does say in the next verse, "Then Peter said unto them, REPENT, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost". Very clear and simple!

Also read what God said about those in Nineveh, who had covered themselves "with sackcloth, and sat in ashes...and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way (repent), and from the violence that is in their hands" (Jonah 3:6, 8). "And God saw their WORKS, that they turned from their evil way (repented); and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not" (verse 10). And in Matthew 12:41, Jesus says of these, "The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation, and will condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, a greater than Jonah is here"

Do you get this?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
That unless God gives his grace of salvation to a man, no man will be saved.
Titus 2:11 KJV
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Much love!
Yes, thanks be to God for that.

But what I said is this “That unless God gives his grace of salvation to a man, no man will be saved.” Appearing and giving does not say the same thing.

Tong
R2510

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pull up a chair my dear friend . I saw doctrinal errors in this man LONG before This was exposed .
Never followed that man . Yes he did have lots of truth . But i suppose some of his understanding was darkened due to sin .
Many can say truths and yet LIVE in darkness . I am not accusing the man at all . For all i know this was all made up about him
or maybe its true . Either way i never followed that man . I smelled problems in his reasonings long , long ago .
THOUGH he did speak much truth at times . He was going carnal in his reasoning in places .

I never heard him enough to catch anything off about his reasoning... at one time he appeared daily on Christian radio.. I had not heard him speak for a long time lately... however... I do remember thinking he was gifted in how he could explain things... and I believed him to be a humble man. All smoke and mirrors. I only listen to Christian radio... and our programming has Focus on the Family... Charles Stanley... and John MacArthur... those are the ones I can think of off hand.

My grief was for those left behind to clean up his huge mess... and sadly... his ministry hired an independent group to do a thorough investigation... Everything turned out to be true... He falsified his credentials... and sexually abused several women.

I am not accusing him either... I have no idea what God shall do with him. It is not my business... however.. .situations like this DO HURT the body...as well as give Christianity a VERY BAD reputation.

Reactions: Pearl

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

But what I said is this “That unless God gives his grace of salvation to a man, no man will be saved.” Appearing and giving does not say the same thing.

Tong
R2510

Romans 10

For everyone, "whoever shall call on the name of the Lord will be saved." 14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without preaching? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace and bring glad tidings of good things!" 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?" 17 Then faith is of hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
did you say this? "In other words, one does not have anything to do with being born, not in his first birth nor in the new birth."

WRONG!!!
Here’s what I said:

But I just have to say this, that it is God who brings about the new birth. In other words, one does not have anything to do with being born, not in his first birth nor in the new birth.

What is wrong with that? Do you say one have anything to do with being born?

Now see what the Holy Bible says, "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we DO?" (Acts 2:37). Peter does not say, "you DO nothing", because God will simply save you. NO, now read what Peter does say in the next verse, "Then Peter said unto them, REPENT, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost". Very clear and simple!

Also read what God said about those in Nineveh, who had covered themselves "with sackcloth, and sat in ashes...and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way (repent), and from the violence that is in their hands" (Jonah 3:6, 8). "And God saw their WORKS, that they turned from their evil way (repented); and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not" (verse 10). And in Matthew 12:41, Jesus says of these, "The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation, and will condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, a greater than Jonah is here"

Do you get this?
Where is the matter of being born there or about birth?

Tong
R2511

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here’s what I said:

But I just have to say this, that it is God who brings about the new birth. In other words, one does not have anything to do with being born, not in his first birth nor in the new birth.

Where is the matter of being born there or about birth?

Tong
R2511

REPENTING and BELIEVING is something that the sinner DOES. God does not DO this for them. Why do you have difficulty with this?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

Romans 10

For everyone, "whoever shall call on the name of the Lord will be saved." 14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without preaching? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace and bring glad tidings of good things!" 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?" 17 Then faith is of hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
And who do you say are able to hear?

Tong
R2512

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Tong
R2512

Have you read Peter's message in Acts 2? There you will see that after Peter had finished preaching the Gospel, that those there were "cut to the heart" (verse 37), which is "being convicted" by The Holy Spirit. It was only after this, that they were able to ask, "what shall we do". It is very simple when theology is not appiled to it.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Here’s what I said:

Where is the matter of
REPENTING and BELIEVING is something that the sinner DOES. God does not DO this for them. Why do you have difficulty with this?
I did not say otherwise nor said anything that God does that for man.

Where is that coming from?

Tong
R2513

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Have you read Peter's message in Acts 2? There you will see that after Peter had finished preaching the Gospel, that those there were "cut to the heart" (verse 37), which is "being convicted" by The Holy Spirit. It was only after this, that they were able to ask, "what shall we do". It is very simple when theology is not appiled to it.
So, there was something that God through the Holy Spirit to the man, right? Right. Something that the man had nothing to do about nor is of the man’s doing. Something that enabled those men to hear or understand.

Now, were all been convicted by the Holy Spirit? No. Why is that when they too have ears just as those who were convicted have?

Tong
R2514

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, there was something that God through the Holy Spirit to the man, right? Right. Something that the man had nothing to do about nor is of the man’s doing. Something that enabled those men to hear or understand.

Now, were all been convicted by the Holy Spirit? No. Why is that when they too have ears just as those who were convicted have?

Tong
R2514

simply put, there is not a single sinner in the world, who can in and of themselves, decide one day that they want to be born again and go to heaven. It is God the Holy Spirit Who first must convict the sinner of their sins and their need for The Saviour, Jesus Christ. But, as Acts 7:51 tells us, this "conviction" by the Holy Spirit can be resisted.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
I did not say otherwise nor said anything that God does that for man.

Where is that coming from?
if you say that the sinner has to do nothing to be saved, then it must be God Who does the repenting and believing for them.
What I said and that which you object to is that, God is the one who brings about the new birth, not the one being born.

Tong
R2515

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
simply put, there is not a single sinner in the world, who can in and of themselves, decide one day that they want to be born again and go to heaven. It is God the Holy Spirit Who first must convict the sinner of their sins and their need for The Saviour, Jesus Christ. But, as Acts 7:51 tells us, this "conviction" by the Holy Spirit can be resisted.
You sound like a Calvinist...