Biblical Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL @justbyfaith Gender does not count in forums... LOL
Gender is something that has an effect on how susceptible you are to deception, according to 1 Timothy 2...

And for this reason Paul did not allow a woman to teach or usurp authority over a man.

And therefore, even in forums, a woman attempting to correct a man will not be taken lightly.

Because it is more likely that the woman attempting to implement the correction has been deceived than that the man she is trying to correct has been deceived.

Reactions: ByGraceThroughFaith

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would consider repeating the matter to be gossip which is a sin in the eyes of the Lord...
I would consider gossip to be people getting together to say things that are not helpful or pleasing to God.
Mr. Zacharias committed terrible sins which were made PUBLIC because he chose to hide them from the world rather than confess them when he was alive.
His ministry is now left with a horrific and tragic mess to clean up... including having to deal with the victims of Mr. Zacharias abuse...
This is NOT gossip... it is truth... and I have not deflamed his character in any way... shape or form.

As Christians we must face these issues... talk about them in an honest and open manner so as to learn how NOT to let this happen.

Mr. Zacharias is NOT the first leader in HIGH PLACES to fall. WE need to be ACCOUNTABLE to the world.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It does in the Bible though
I agree on that one... women are to be submissive to men in marriage... and they are not to be in positions of clergy.
That is why I am NOT married... LOL... and... I don't desire to be a clergy.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would consider gossip to be people getting together to say things that are not helpful or pleasing to God.
Mr. Zacharias committed terrible sins which were made PUBLIC because he chose to hide them from the world rather than confess them when he was alive.
His ministry is now left with a horrific and tragic mess to clean up... including having to deal with the victims of Mr. Zacharias abuse...
This is NOT gossip... it is truth... and I have not deflamed his character in any way... shape or form.

As Christians we must face these issues... talk about them in an honest and open manner so as to learn how NOT to let this happen.

Mr. Zacharias is NOT the first leader in HIGH PLACES to fall. WE need to be ACCOUNTABLE to the world.

Well, I never really followed him because his phone# had 666 in it...

Whatever the scandal was about him I am not interested in knowing about it.

To spread such information is indeed gossip, even if it is factual information.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And therefore, even in forums, a woman attempting to correct a man will not be taken lightly.
Forums are a generic venue for discussion. If someone states something that is not correct... they are then subject to be CORRECTED. LOL

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You need to find a bird of the same feather as you :D
Nope... I'm good thanks... It took me 20 years to get to a few truths about God... and now that I have found those truths... I am filled with peace.. joy and hope... and now I am FREE to live my life without fear of condemnation.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forums are a generic venue for discussion. If someone states something that is not correct... they are then subject to be CORRECTED. LOL
No, because Paul said that he does not allow a woman to teach or usurp authority over a man.

Since it can be determined whether a person is male or female on forums such as these, it is in fact an issue.

For the Bible is not any less valid on the internet than it is in a church setting where people are interacting face to face.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we are done here... You seem to enjoy disagreeing... Bless you.
It seems to me that you are the one who is disagreeing...because what I have said is the truth.

So, you are disagreeing with the truth; and if I am disagreeing with a lie....then I am in all reality agreeing with the truth.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Of course you can't. Why would a Christian think that. If you are truly born again by your own choice and not as some believe through so-called infant baptism. It is that new birth by our own choice that makes us Christians not by anything our parents may have decided for us. People who count their rebirth as something that happened when they were babies are not true Christians.

1 John 2:1-3
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. ...
But I just have to say this, that it is God who brings about the new birth. In other words, one does not have anything to do with being born, not in his first birth nor in the new birth.

Jesus said this concerning the new birth.

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit. (John 3:8).

Tong
R2501

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But I just have to say this, that it is God who brings about the new birth. In other words, one does not have anything to do with being born, not in his first birth nor in the new birth.

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit. (John 3:8).

Tong
R2501

Wrong gospel

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

We first make the choice to turn to Jesus and God gives us new life and makes us new.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

Wrong gospel
Please be kind to point out in my post, the wrong gospel you say there.

Tong
R2506

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
We first make the choice to turn to Jesus and God gives us new life and makes us new.
Mankind, in Adam, were put under judgment resulting to condemnation. History, written out in scriptures, tells us what became of mankind, with Adam having chosen to hear and follow the voice of the devil. Sin made his dwelling in their flesh, making them slaves thereof. Now, even while mankind have their will, being a slave, their will does not really matter and was overtaken by sin that enslaved them. This truth could well be seen in the story of mankind in the time of the great flood in Noah’s time. What became of mankind is described by God himself who said that every intents of the thoughts of man’s heart are evil continually even from their youth. Such I would say is a state of death.

It is obvious that mankind needs the help and salvation of God from what they have become, that is, being in the state of death. That unless God gives his grace of salvation to a man, no man will be saved. We see in scriptures that God gave grace to some men, men He have chosen to give grace and save them.

Now, considering this state of death that fallen mankind is in, we know that they have no life in them. And having no life, he can’t only not do as he wills but that he can do nothing that pertains to life. To be able to, he must be born again, and that, unto life. Only when that happens to a man, that he could do things pertaining to life.

However, a born again man does not mean that he is perfect by having been born again, but that, he is taken out from being in the state of death or being dead, and so is enabled to do what he could not otherwise do had he not been born again. He could now see the kingdom of God. Jesus clearly said “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

Tong
R2507

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please be kind to point out in my post, the wrong gospel you say there.

Tong
R2506

I have already said this like 100 times, there is ZERO salvation for any sinner, without them FIRST repenting of their sins, and believing in the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. To say that a sinner need do nothing to get saved, is a complete fasehood of the Gospel of the Holy Bible, and can save no person.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps that is how you see it. But In my reading of scriptures, it is not. I have explained this briefly in my post #19.

Besides, what Jesus said there is clear, unless one is born again, he can not see the kingdom of God. Only when one is able to see the kingdom of God will repenting and believing unto God be possible.

Tong
R2489
The is too much invitation in Scripture for me to think this way.

All over the place God invites all of us to come to Him.

Romans 10:5-9 KJV
5) For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
6) But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
7) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Acts 17:26-27 KJV
26) And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27) That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Much love!