Biblical Timeline leading up to the end

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He brought the eternal kingdom with him. And will complete it in the new heavens and earth on the last day.

That is to admit separate stages... of His Kingdom then. Then it shouldn't be that difficult for you to understand how the thousand years reign of Revelation 20 also is a progressive stage.

D

Dave L

That is to admit separate stages... of His Kingdom then. Then it shouldn't be that difficult for you to understand how the thousand years reign of Revelation 20 also is a progressive stage.
The kingdom is not of this world.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No matter how you slice it, they have at least two second comings of Christ. if not more.

You don't seem to understand the definition of second coming others.

At the second coming he returns to the earth exactly where he or from.

In all other references the only comes to the clouds.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The idea of abominations per the OT were about pagan worship, and pagan acts involved in worship, like religiously cutting oneself like the Baal worshipers did, marking oneself, etc. But the worship of idols of wood, metal, and stone were the height of abomination to God. And for an idol to be worshiped at His House is the height of that kind of abomination...

Ezek 8:2-6
2 Then I beheld, and lo a likeness as the appearance of fire: from the appearance of his loins even downward, fire; and from his loins even upward, as the appearance of brightness, as the colour of amber.

3 And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy.

4 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel was there, according to the vision that I saw in the plain.

5 Then said he unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.

6 He said furthermore unto me, Son of man, seest thou what they do? even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here, that I should go far off from my sanctuary? but turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations.
KJV

An abomination in the Temple was making it unclean. Doing something within it that was an offense to God. Sacrificing a pig there, for example, was an abomination, given it happened in the old covenant when God still demaned his people to keep to the cleanliness laws and to proper temple sacrifice.
However, once Christ came for his people, for sin and ushered in the new covenant...ignoring all of that and continuing to follow God via the old, obsolete way was a direct insult to God and what he had just sacrificed on their behalf...his Son.
So absolutely...every time they slaughted an animal there and ignored their Messiah's death...every time they followed the Pharisaical leading of putting law above Christ himself...it was seen as an abomination.
The reason we can know this for a fact? God allowed that temple to be pulled down by the Romans, and has not had the Jews...despite their own desires....build another one. In the OT we see God actively stepping in to facilitate the rebuilding of the temple for his people. And yet, for the last 2000 years he has allowed that temple to remain in ashes and not have another one built. If the Jews are truly separate from the Christians, and they do truly need a temple to woship God in, don't we suppose that he would have been on that?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before you denounce and reject make sure you know what you're talking about.

Here is pretrib from the 300s.
Pre Tribulation Rapture
CI,
I and many other B/A Christians believe in the 2nd coming of the Lord (your religious word-"rapture").
However, the timing of that "blessed hope" is not entwined in your religious theory, concerning a period that you call "THE" Tribulation.
Nowhere in the KJV shall you find the word "the" before the words "great tribulation".
Because you and others apply the word "the" before the words _ _ _ "great tribulation", _ _ _ "Antichrist",
_ _ _ "one thousand years"- (_ _ _ "Millennium"- a religious term), you have steered your listeners into using the human accounting of "time" for when and how the Lord shall return.
If you could understand that there is no pre-set date by God for the Glorious return of His Son, you would understand what "a thousand years" was all about, and how it is/was extremely relevant for this world only, and not some future world of your making.
2 Pet. 3:9; Luke 18:8; 2 Thes. 2:3

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An abomination in the Temple was making it unclean. Doing something within it that was an offense to God. Sacrificing a pig there, for example, was an abomination, given it happened in the old covenant when God still demaned his people to keep to the cleanliness laws and to proper temple sacrifice.
However, once Christ came for his people, for sin and ushered in the new covenant...ignoring all of that and continuing to follow God via the old, obsolete way was a direct insult to God and what he had just sacrificed on their behalf...his Son.
So absolutely...every time they slaughted an animal there and ignored their Messiah's death...every time they followed the Pharisaical leading of putting law above Christ himself...it was seen as an abomination.
The reason we can know this for a fact? God allowed that temple to be pulled down by the Romans, and has not had the Jews...despite their own desires....build another one. In the OT we see God actively stepping in to facilitate the rebuilding of the temple for his people. And yet, for the last 2000 years he has allowed that temple to remain in ashes and not have another one built. If the Jews are truly separate from the Christians, and they do truly need a temple to woship God in, don't we suppose that he would have been on that?
I agree! However, you need to complete your thoughts on who and what the temple is, that God has been building "without hands".
John 2:18-22

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree! However, you need to complete your thoughts on who and what the temple is, that God has been building "without hands".
John 2:18-22
Goodness, I think we need to take things one step at a time! If people struggle to see continued Jewish sacrifices are an abomination, they are going to baulk pretty hard at the whole 'Jesus is the ultimate temple of which we are a part' idea...don't you think?
But yes, :), that is clearly the next step! And one biblically documented as well.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CI,
I and many other B/A Christians believe in the 2nd coming of the Lord (your religious word-"rapture").
However, the timing of that "blessed hope" is not entwined in your religious theory, concerning a period that you call "THE" Tribulation.
Nowhere in the KJV shall you find the word "the" before the words "great tribulation".
Because you and others apply the word "the" before the words _ _ _ "great tribulation", _ _ _ "Antichrist",
_ _ _ "one thousand years"- (_ _ _ "Millennium"- a religious term), you have steered your listeners into using the human accounting of "time" for when and how the Lord shall return.
If you could understand that there is no pre-set date by God for the Glorious return of His Son, you would understand what "a thousand years" was all about, and how it is/was extremely relevant for this world only, and not some future world of your making.
2 Pet. 3:9; Luke 18:8; 2 Thes. 2:3
Revelation 7:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 I answered, “Sir, you know.”

And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

2 John 7 New International Version (NIV)
7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Revelation 20:1-3 New International Version (NIV)
The Thousand Years
20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, most professing Christians do not understand what Jesus accomplished in the 70 week prophecy.
It was He who put
Revelation 7:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 I answered, “Sir, you know.”

And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

2 John 7 New International Version (NIV)
7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Revelation 20:1-3 New International Version (NIV)
The Thousand Years

20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.
I said that in the KJV, one will never find the word "the" before any of the topics that you posted in red.
The 1611- KJV is translated from the Textus Receptus Greek text, and most of the newer bible versions are translated from the Wescott and Hort Greek text.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction:
BTW, most professing Christians do not understand what Jesus accomplished in the 70 week prophecy.
It was He who put an end to the temple sacrifices, by His own sacrifice of Himself.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see it this way, when one is Truly born again you are in the Kingdom of God, you are Saved ! one as such does not ever walk away from Jesus Christ, they can't because they are his.
One could say that the one who is not born again is much like oil and water, the two are separate but when born again they can not separate because they are as one body and not two anymore and the Kingdom of God is such, no one can enter that is not as such.

Now for 2000 years their has been people have been born again and have seen the Kingdom, we see with Nathaniel that Jesus Christ said that he would see it ?

Now we have a problem with what's called the second coming ?
What is it? well I say that such is the day that the whole world is in the Kingdom of God, Christ has won all to him and Satan games are defeated, just as it is with the truly born again person is, only now all around you will be born again.

Nowadays most that I come across are looking forward to the end times, with a perception of intrepid glee, I say that they been lured into such a position by the stealth in workings of Satan for sure.
Now the key to this lure is that they themselves are not going to go through the Hellfire that comes on the others, because good old faithful old Rappy is coming to pick them up.

Now I know Rappy mobs that claim to idolise the Jews regardless and will do everything they can to help them dominate over Christianity, because they demand that such people are Gods people and if I reject a point or try to point out anything to them they will try or want to kill me. I am not to question them at all.
So I have to say ok, ok be like a Nazi dictating total moron then But I thought that if one does works that are of Satan, you can't enter into the Kingdom of God. so their outside of such will go through the Hellfire, so I say don't do works of Satan or you will go to Hell, woe to them who call evil good and good evil ? one can not do evil and go to Heaven, as such can not even enter the Kingdom of God for a start.
But they claim to be born again, but the thing is I know that they are not at all, not to mention the way that they claim one becomes born again is totally false, as no man can dub one born again, as only God can do that and you know it when it happens, just much like it was with Saul when he became Paul and he preached Jesus Christ come hell or high water come what may from then on.

So it's all about being truly born again and at the end of times, such will be just the same prescription as always. only before then Hellfire comes due to the workings of Satanist.

Reactions: Keraz

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But I say come to Jesus Christ and enter into the Kingdom of God now, you can just as it always was for 2000 years, the doors are not ever closed to enter.
If you abide in evil I would say that the chances are very slim that Jesus would know you, not to mention that such a one is not at his right hand and the ones on the left, well we know what he says about them don't we and all.

Reactions: Earburner

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kingdom is not of this world.

And you, and et al, take what Jesus said about that out of its context. The meaning is that His Kingdom is not of this present world age! There's so much Bible Scripture written about His future Kingdom established on this planet earth in the future that it's stupidity to think of His Kingdom as anywhere else in the WORLD TO COME. That world to come has NOT... come yet today.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When Antiochus IV around 170 B.C. went into the 2nd temple in Jerusalem, sacrificed swine upon the altar and spread its broth around inside the temple, that was one type of spiritual desolation of the temple. Then when he also setup an idol inside the temple to pagan Zeus worship, that was another type of abomination that caused the 2nd temple to be spiritually desolated. Notice that the 2nd temple building itself was required to be standing for that to happen. After the Jews took back possession of that temple, they did the required ritual cleansing and re-dedication of it.

After the Jews in Jerusalem rejected Jesus of Nazareth as Messiah, the Romans in 70 A.D. destroyed Jerusalem, as Jesus prophesied. But they had tried to take possession of the temple, but it caught fire inside (as per the Jewish historian Josephus). So they did not... place an idol abomination inside the temple like Antiochus did, nor did they sacrifice swine upon the altar inside the temple like Antiochus did. So trying to create the abominations of Antiochus IV (165 B.C.) for the Romans in 70 A.D. reveals the leaven doctrines of men at work.

D

Dave L

And you, and et al, take what Jesus said about that out of its context. The meaning is that His Kingdom is not of this present world age! There's so much Bible Scripture written about His future Kingdom established on this planet earth in the future that it's stupidity to think of His Kingdom as anywhere else in the WORLD TO COME. That world to come has NOT... come yet today.
Scripture mentions only two worlds (ages). This present evil age where Jesus says his kingdom is not a part of. And the world (age)to come. The "millennium" fits into neither world. It has sickness and death which cannot happen in the new heavens and earth.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture mentions only two worlds (ages). This present evil age where Jesus says his kingdom is not a part of. And the world (age)to come. The "millennium" fits into neither world. It has sickness and death which cannot happen in the new heavens and earth.

Sorry, but you are wrong. God's Word declares 3... world ages.

2 Peter 3:5-7
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
KJV

2 Peter 3:12-13
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

KJV

1. "the world that then was"
2. "the heavens and the earth, which are now"
3. "new heavens and a new earth"