Bibliolatry: Worship/knowledge of the book MORE than the author

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ps 138:2 I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word. ESV

I don't think that the author was going to bow down to the Tanach or Torah.

You chose a bad translation of the verse.
Dont do that, because when you do that, you lose the meaning of the verse.
Always remember, that God honors His word, and elevates it above His Name.
So, when a Christian does not, and when a so call "new translation" changes the verse, alters the verse, and denies the verse by these changes.... then you've found the devil's work.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You chose a bad translation of the verse.
Dont do that, because when you do that, you lose the meaning of the verse.
Always remember, that God honors His word, and elevates it above His Name.
So, when a Christian does not, and when a so call "new translation" changes the verse, alters the verse, and denies the verse by these changes.... then you've found the devil's work.
What do you call a "good" translation?

Reactions: St. SteVen

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are some other translations:

New International Version
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness, for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.

New Living Translation
I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.

English Standard Version
I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.

Berean Standard Bible
I bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your loving devotion and Your faithfulness; You have exalted Your name and Your word above all else.

King James Bible
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

New King James Version
I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.

New American Standard Bible
I will bow down toward Your holy temple And give thanks to Your name for Your mercy and Your truth; For You have made Your word great according to all Your name.

NASB 1995
I will bow down toward Your holy temple And give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name.

NASB 1977
I will bow down toward Thy holy temple, And give thanks to Thy name for Thy lovingkindness and Thy truth; For Thou hast magnified Thy word according to all Thy name.

Legacy Standard Bible
I will worship toward Your holy temple And give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name.

Amplified Bible
I will bow down [in worship] toward Your holy temple And give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word together with Your name.

Christian Standard Bible
I will bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your constant love and truth. You have exalted your name and your promise above everything else.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your constant love and truth. You have exalted Your name and Your promise above everything else.

American Standard Version
I will worship toward thy holy temple, And give thanks unto thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: For thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
I shall worship in the temple of your holiness and I shall give thanks to your Name for your kindness and for your truth, because you have extolled your Word above every name!

Brenton Septuagint Translation
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and give thanks to thy name, on account of thy mercy and thy truth; for thou hast magnified thy holy name above every thing.

Contemporary English Version
I worship at your holy temple and praise you for your love and your faithfulness. You were true to your word and made yourself more famous than ever before.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I will worship towards thy holy temple, and I will give glory to thy name. For thy mercy, and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy holy name above all.

English Revised Version
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and give thanks unto thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
I will bow toward your holy temple. I will give thanks to your name because of your mercy and truth. You have made your name and your promise greater than everything.

Good News Translation
I face your holy Temple, bow down, and praise your name because of your constant love and faithfulness, because you have shown that your name and your commands are supreme.

International Standard Version
I will bow down in worship toward your holy Temple and give thanks to your name for your gracious love and truth, for you have done great things to carry out your word consistent with your name.

JPS Tanakh 1917
I will bow down toward Thy holy temple, And give thanks unto Thy name for Thy mercy and for Thy truth; For Thou hast magnified Thy word above all Thy name.

Literal Standard Version
I bow myself toward Your holy temple, | And I confess Your Name, | For Your kindness, and for Your truth, | For You have made Your saying great above all Your Name.

Majority Standard Bible
I bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your loving devotion and Your faithfulness; You have exalted Your name and Your word above all else.

New American Bible
I bow low toward your holy temple; I praise your name for your mercy and faithfulness. For you have exalted over all your name and your promise.

NET Bible
I will bow down toward your holy temple, and give thanks to your name, because of your loyal love and faithfulness, for you have exalted your promise above the entire sky.

New Revised Standard Version
I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness; for you have exalted your name and your word above everything.

New Heart English Bible
I will bow down toward your holy temple, and give thanks to your Name for your loving kindness and for your truth; for you have exalted your Name and your word above all.

Webster's Bible Translation
I will worship towards thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy loving-kindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

World English Bible
I will bow down toward your holy temple, and give thanks to your Name for your loving kindness and for your truth; for you have exalted your Name and your Word above all.

Young's Literal Translation
I bow myself toward Thy holy temple, And I confess Thy name, For Thy kindness, and for Thy truth, For Thou hast made great Thy saying above all Thy name.

Smith's Literal Translation
I will worship to thy holy temple, and I will praise thy name for thy mercy and for thy truth: for thou didst magnify thy word over all thy name.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I will worship towards thy holy temple, and I will give glory to thy name. For thy mercy, and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy holy name above all.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What do you call a "good" translation?

Any that do not deny the Deity of Christ.
Any that do not deny the word of God as "magnified above God's name"
Any that teach that "God is A Spirit".... and not just "spirit".

Start there, as that will eliminate about 95% of the "new bibles".

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any that do not deny the Deity of Christ.
Any that do not deny the word of God as "magnified above God's name"
Any that teach that "God is A Spirit".... and not just "spirit".

Start there, as that will eliminate about 95% of the "new bibles".
Wow, your claim of this knowledge and ability to discern the quality of bibles is amazing. You should probably consider that your truth is based on doctrines that you have been taught.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Wow, your claim of this knowledge and ability to discern the quality of bibles is amazing. You should probably consider that your truth is based on doctrines that you have been taught.

You are mistaken..

I didnt "claim discernment",.

What i did was answer the question you asked, very specifically.
You didnt like the answer, and you are not enough of a bible student to go and LOOK.
Instead, you just responded with sarcasm, and nothing more.

Thats on you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Good question.
Here's another one.

Is a "bad" translation still the Word of God? Or not?

/

He's not going to be able to answer your question correctly.

So, let me help you.

If a 'bible" has the basic fundamentals of the faith in it, then its a commentary or a transliteration pretending to be a bible.

If this same has gross errors, and purposeful mistranslations....such as you find all throughout the NIV for example, then that is a book that is best put in the TRASH CAN.

A "real" Bible, never tries to deny the Grace of God as a Free Gift, nor does it define God as "Spirit" vs "A Spirit", and a real bible will produce evidence, in the verses, that prove the Deity of Christ.
A real bible will never lead you to believe that works are required to "stay saved".

So, what is proven by the fact that so many "new bibles", are out there?
It proves that the DEVIL is real, and the DEVIL wants you to think that the bible is just "some book with verses in it", exactly as He caused EVE to doubt God's word, in the Garden.

Think on that, (if you are smart @St. SteVen ).... before you write more Threads that try to subtly discredit the Word of God.
And fella, if I CAN discern what you are always doing on this Forum, do you think That GOD is blind to your work, here?

You best wake up, and stop offending what and WHOM..,,you don't yet realize.

-fair warning.

Last edited:

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rella, the problem is what do you do with the 100 different bible translations which don't have the word HELL in them ONE TIME?

Below is a chart taken from the URL. It only list 28 that don't even have the word in them. If you really want to know the truth, you are going to have to study more, that's all there is to it. I'm just going to post this one chart from that website.

Just look at how many times it was in the original KJV....54 times, then in the NKJV it droped to 32. All the newer translations most study today have the word HELL in them 11,12,13 times.
Could not repost as too many charactershead_spin_smiley.gif

Interesting chart.... would be more interesting if everything did not always start with King Jimmy's translation.

For my own reasons I avoid that other then times on here, when making a point I will quote from there because of the number of people who only will read the KJV and believe nothing else.

Also... I am not partial to the NIV...

I have a great many online bibles in my bible library... and while I would take the time... and likely will.... except I am in the middle of Income Tax for my mother then myself that has to be ready for you man very soon... that will not be today.

But this is an interesting article.... so grab a cup of whatever and have a read... It is quite understandable.

Later Hell Theology​

The theology of Hell actually grew probably starting in the 5th century, or perhaps later, in western Europe. The Gospel of Nicodemus, a grand early advanced vision of Hell, was in Latin and thus likely written in the central or western Empire. Many changes entered Christianity when it expanded westward, such as a greater emphasis on the priesthood and hierarchy. The great eastern Church Fathers, on the other hand, were relatively unconcerned with it. We see mention of Hell in works such as those of Tertullian (especially in De spectaculis), but we must remember he was a Carthaginian, or central-empire Christian, and not from the east as so many others were.
I did a very quick look into the Codex Sinaiticus

Mathew 10:28 And be not afraid of them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

But my copy os PDF and I need to scroll and hunt and will do that later. Interesting that it includes the Didache as well as the Epistle of Barnabas and the Sheppard of Hermas

Of interest t me is that the Codex Sinaiticus has Mark 16 ending with verse 8. And sine this is supposedly the oldest New Testament Transcript we have in full... then I would , for myself , believe that anything after
verse 8 is an addition by someone else.

But I digress.

Perhaps a comparison of differences between this one and the more modern translations.. eve King Jimmy's would be wrranted in a new thread?

Any way... Hell or Eternal hell will be looked at later...tipping_hat_smiley.gif

Reactions: Hillsage

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the reasons that the Old Testament is a good thing to check into, perhaps not all the names of people but the stories and pictures and types within the Bible.

Paul mentions that, we find hope and comfort from them, in his letter to the Saints and gentiles in Rome.

”We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: that ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.“
‭‭Romans‬ ‭15‬:‭1‬-‭6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Sometimes people can get in the just of worshipping the Bible more than the creator, but that is idolatry. Allowing Material to run your life, rather than God who is Spirit. However, the Material gift of having the Bible, is a gift, which is of course your own personal roadmap to see where you are in your relationship with the Lord God.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes people can get in the just of worshipping the Bible more than the creator, but that is idolatry. Allowing Material to run your life, rather than God who is Spirit. However, the Material gift of having the Bible, is a gift, which is of course your own personal roadmap to see where you are in your relationship with the Lord God.
~Ministers of the New Covenant
2CO 3:1 Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some, letters of commendation to you or from you?
2 You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men;
3 being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
4 Such confidence we have through Christ toward God.

The New Covenant is my bible's 'paragraph heading' above;

The EPISTLE/writing that truly matters, is not that one written with ink on paper. That epistle is just a guidepost, not the goalpost. But I think our goal is to become the 'LIVING EPISTLES of CHRIST IN US'. That epistle needs no written doctrine to determine correct or incorrect theology. For a "LIVING EPISTLE" doesn't have to 'tell us' anything...their 'life' manifests the truth for all to SEE.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~Ministers of the New Covenant
2CO 3:1 Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some, letters of commendation to you or from you?
2 You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men;
3 being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
4 Such confidence we have through Christ toward God.

The New Covenant is my bible's 'paragraph heading' above;

The EPISTLE/writing that truly matters, is not that one written with ink on paper. That epistle is just a guidepost, not the goalpost. But I think our goal is to become the 'LIVING EPISTLES of CHRIST IN US'. That epistle needs no written doctrine to determine correct or incorrect theology. For a "LIVING EPISTLE" doesn't have to 'tell us' anything...their 'life' manifests the truth for all to SEE.

Yes. If one abides in the vine, it should be Christ in us whom comes through, in virtue of how God desires for us to love. Even through chasement.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are mistaken..

I didnt "claim discernment",.

What i did was answer the question you asked, very specifically.
You didnt like the answer, and you are not enough of a bible student to go and LOOK.
Instead, you just responded with sarcasm, and nothing more.

Thats on you.
Well, then I am sorry that I didn't see your answer. You did not name even one translation as a good bible. But, that is what I was expecting to my simple question.

Can you not name what you call a "good translation?"

Your answer tells me only that you might select one that simply confirms what you want to believe, and I am thinking that is not the point you want to project.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Well, then I am sorry that I didn't see your answer. You did not name even one translation as a good bible.

@Spyder

You have to find this out by study... = what im showing you.

See, Truth comes in 2 ways..

1.) By A Teacher Teaching, and that's me.
2.) By the revelation of the Holy Spirit.

Now, that IS the same thing, regarding how God teaches..........but, there are some truth's that you as a believer have to go and discover for yourself, or, you'll just remain locked inside the jaws of skepticism.

Now, i just blew up a forum, before i came here, more then likely.
How did i do it?
Well, its a "Baptist" forum and its a pretty good forum, but its "neck deep in Baptist ONLY"... mentality.
So, i wrote a simple post that said that :

"""God Creates Christians, and Man creates denominations.""

And that small little post will go viral there and these Baptists will be aiming for my Throat, more then likely, over the next week or month.
And that is what i WANT, as once they come to me with their "im a Baptist, mentality", then i can get in their head and help them OUT of that type of Thinking, as its cultish and it denies God's love to flow through them correctly.
And it can be the same issue with YOU and Your denomination, reader.

We see the worst examples of this as Catholics and Calvinists.

See, There are no denominations in Heaven......you only find them down here.
And so, once a person can SEE what im showing them, then they will often be able to stay in the Local Assembly they love and they should.. but they will SEE IT differently, which is what i caused them to understand by revelation.
And its very important for them to know what ive just shown you also.... as God loves all His Children, exactly the same, and its the Devil who causes Walls to be driven between Believers.
So that is the danger of Denominations.... just like its the danger of "doctrines of devils"... Hebrews 13:9

The Devil is a divider, and never a uniter.
The Devil is all about strife and confusion and PRIDE.

See, its always the same reaction when Christians are told...>"some bibles are JUNK< and some are actually demonic".

The typical "knee jerk" reaction to hearing that is..>"C'mon... all bibles are the same"...
And Believers think this because they dont read much bible, and they've never studied manuscript evidence, and they certainly have never compared a lot of versions to find out what is missing and what is man-made, regarding verses and doctrine.

Bibles in fact, are not the same, and that is because some are bibles and some are books filled with subverted verses and planned deception.

See, you have not realized that a "new" BIBLE comes from a GROUP who created it., for MONEY.
That's why a "new" bible comes out every year. = Its for MONEY... to get MONEY.
But that is not the real issue.. The real issue is.. that the group that created it, .. what do they believe? As what they believe is HOW they are going to translate the verses... = according to what they believe.
Christians are not aware that CULTS put out "New" bibles.....that pretend to be a Bible.

Now, reader, i'll give you a key.

Before you just believe some commentary or some "christian book" you got for Christmas......you always have to find out what the WRITER believes about The CROSS of CHRIST, and how this is the GIFT of Salvation.
Do they understand this "simplicity that is found in Christ'? or not?
See, this is the principal truth, and when a so called "christian" does not understand what i just showed you, then that person is not a teacher, or a preacher, or anything that you need to be following.

You always have to find out the core belief system of a Teacher, of a Pope, of a Minister, of a Commentary Writer, or of a TV Evangelist.., before you just give them your MIND.

Never just open your mind to some tongue talking person, or someone who "sounds SMART".., as the Devil has a lot of these people in his service.

See, the main thing i teach on Forums, other then Pauline Theology, is "how to spot a Heretic", as if you dont know how, then that expalns what happened to your Faith.

Last edited:

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Spyder

You have to find this out by study... = what im showing you.

See, Truth comes in 2 ways..

1.) By A Teacher Teaching, and that's me.
2.) By the revelation of the Holy Spirit.

Now, that IS the same thing, regarding how God teaches..........but, there are some truth's that you as a believer have to go and discover for yourself, or, you'll just remain locked inside the jaws of skepticism.

Now, i just blew up a forum, before i came here, more then likely.
How did i do it?
Well, its a "Baptist" forum and its a pretty good forum, but its "neck deep in Baptist ONLY"... mentality.
So, i wrote a simple post that said that :

"""God Creates Christians, and Man creates denominations.""

And that small little post will go viral there and these Baptists will be aiming for my Throat, more then likely, over the next week or month.
And that is what i WANT, as once they come to me with their "im a Baptist, mentality", then i can get in their head and help them OUT of that type of Thinking, as its cultish and it denies God's love to flow through them correctly.
And it can be the same issue with YOU and Your denomination, reader.

We see the worst examples of this as Catholics and Calvinists.

See, There are no denominations in Heaven......you only find them down here.
And so, once a person can SEE what im showing them, then they will often be able to stay in the Local Assembly they love and they should.. but they will SEE IT differently, which is what i caused them to understand by revelation.
And its very important for them to know what ive just shown you also.... as God loves all His Children, exactly the same, and its the Devil who causes Walls to be driven between Believers.
So that is the danger of Denominations.... just like its the danger of "doctrines of devils"... Hebrews 13:9

The Devil is a divider, and never a uniter.
The Devil is all about strife and confusion and PRIDE.

See, its always the same reaction when Christians are told...>"some bibles are JUNK< and some are actually demonic".

The typical "knee jerk" reaction to hearing that is..>"C'mon... all bibles are the same"...
And Believers think this because they dont read much bible, and they've never studied manuscript evidence, and they certainly have never compared a lot of versions to find out what is missing and what is man-made, regarding verses and doctrine.

Bibles in fact, are not the same, and that is because some are bibles and some are books filled with subverted verses and planned deception.

See, you have not realized that a "new" BIBLE comes from a GROUP who created it., for MONEY.
That's why a "new" bible comes out every year. = Its for MONEY... to get MONEY.
But that is not the real issue.. The real issue is.. that the group that created it, .. what do they believe? As what they believe is HOW they are going to translate the verses... = according to what they believe.
Christians are not aware that CULTS put out "New" bibles.....that pretend to be a Bible.

Now, reader, i'll give you a key.

Before you just believe some commentary or some "christian book" you got for Christmas......you always have to find out what the WRITER believes about The CROSS of CHRIST, and how this is the GIFT of Salvation.
Do they understand this "simplicity that is found in Christ'? or not?
See, this is the principal truth, and when a so called "christian" does not understand what i just showed you, then that person is not a teacher, or a preacher, or anything that you need to be following.

You always have to find out the core belief system of a Teacher, of a Pope, of a Minister, of a Commentary Writer, or of a TV Evangelist.., before you just give them your MIND.

Never just open your mind to some tongue talking person, or someone who "sounds SMART".., as the Devil has a lot of these people in his service.

See, the main thing i teach on Forums, other then Pauline Theology, is "how to spot a Heretic", as if you dont know how, then that expalns what happened to your Faith.
Ok, let's see if I am on the same page with you.

First, you say you are a teacher. I know that there are infants in Christ that need teachers. The more mature persons need someone to give cause to search the scriptures to either validate or amend the things that they have been already taught. For this, time, efforts, and submission to God's response to their prayers for understanding are required. Sadly, I rarely see those who invest in knowing truth like that. They remain infants - knowing the doctrines of the denomination but not validating them before acceptance.

Now, I don't know if you really wrote this to me or is it a standard letter to any you believe to be in error in some way. Your statement:
"And it can be the same issue with YOU and Your denomination, reader" leaves me wondering. Why do you even think that I am in a denomination? I have never claimed one here.

I think you have made assumptions about me and believe you are helping me in my ignorance. I thank you for taking the time and making the effort, but I scarcely believe that I am as ignorant as you think.

"See, the main thing i teach on Forums, other then Pauline Theology, is "how to spot a Heretic", as if you dont know how, then that expalns what happened to your Faith."

Your assumption that my faith is damaged somehow is in error. My faith has never been stronger. If I were a betting man, I'd wager that your assumption is based on the issue that my beliefs don't match yours, so you think I have lost my faith. Would I win that wager?

Again, if your attempt to help me came from your heart, then "thank you." If it came from some air of superiority you may have, then I ask you to reconsider please.

And, by the way, you still haven't told me which translation you think is a "good one."

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your assumption that my faith is damaged somehow is in error.

What i said, what i wrote, is...>"READER"...

See that?

So, that is not specifically pointed at YOU.

My words find their mark, and that is the "Reader".

Now regarding you.
I have no idea if you are born again, as its difficult to discern this "online", but in Life, its not so difficult.
See there is the "fellowship of the Spirit" that can be discerned, when i meet someone who says they are "born again".

If you say,,<"yes in a catholic" or "im a calvinist", or "im a DENOMINATION".... when i asked you if you are a ""Christian"" then right away i know that you are THAT..
But i didn't ask you about that mind set.

And remember, ... being born again, is the only real proof that a person is become "a new creation in Christ".

The reason that this is the only proof.. is because The Devil is real, and his deceived people often teach and preach and start denominations.
Some of them, are truly born again, and some of them, many, are just water baptized and religious and can speak "christianese" and can produce typical good works... and all that is meaningless, regarding any proof that a person is born again.

And yes, i told you im a Teacher, and im very specific about this, as i only teach Pauline Theology.
You'll have to "google" that, and once you do, if you want to come and put me to the test... . IF that can help you read what im showing you more carefully, then ... by all means..

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"See, the main thing i teach on Forums, other then Pauline Theology, is "how to spot a Heretic", as if you dont know how, then that expalns what happened to your Faith."
Interesting comment. I guess I missed your heretic 'teaching'. I usually remove all doubt and just tell people that I'm a heretic. :p So I really would like to ask a STEVEN question here. What is your definition of a 'heretic'?

Again, if your attempt to help me came from your heart, then "thank you." If it came from some air of superiority you may have, then I ask you to reconsider please.

And, by the way, you still haven't told me which translation you think is a "good one."

Your gentleness when faced with the offensive always brings me a smile. I often just treat them the way Jesus treated the pharisees and Saducees in his day.....all the while knowing 'I'm not Jesus.' :hmhehm

1PE 3:15 but in your hearts reverence Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to make a defense to any one who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence;

@St. SteVen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

I told you how to find out.
Why dont you? as i told you how.

And you are not looking for a "good' translation., as we are talking about the BIBLE.

What you want is a correct translation.
And i can name several, but, that is not what you need.
What you need is to find out why most are BAD translations, and i gave you 3 Keys.