Biden Picks Transgender For Health Secretary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe not but they are human with feelings same as anybody else. As such we should love them as Jesus told us to not beat them up with our words. Hate the sin, love the sinner. After all none of us is perfect and Jesus does not condemn us.

I agree,.. but on another note,.. sometimes it's really hard (even though I bite my tongue) not to say anything when it's really obvious that a dude is trying to be a woman.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree,.. but on another note,.. sometimes it's really hard (even though I bite my tongue) not to say anything when it's really obvious that a dude is trying to be a woman.
That 'dude' must have done some deep soul searching to come to the decision to take such drastic measures. And is a human being with emotions and feelings. Jesus loves her.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That 'dude' must have done some deep soul searching to come to the decision to take such drastic measures. And is a human being with emotions and feelings. Jesus loves her.

I know, I never said He didn't. I was just saying that transgender people shouldn't be surprised if they get certain looks from people or as cruel as it is if other people start to laugh. I was raised better, and I would never do that as I was made fun of myself as a child for being mentally challenged, but if other people do then it's their own fault for sticking out like a sore thumb. I have probably run into lots of transgender people and didn't even know it because they at least look like the gender they're trying to be.

Reactions: Jim B

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we need to be nasty and offensive when we 'proclaim sin to be sin'? God still loves transgender people and wants them to come to Jesus. And if people are not Christians born again spiritually, then they know no better. Shouting at them will only make them turn away.

Yes, Pearl. That's what I said, LoL. :p

Reactions: Pearl

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A transgender as health secretary? That's pretty rich that someone is in charge of health who doesn't understand basic biology/anatomy.

LoL!! I had to laugh at this one. I was kinda thinking the same thing. We've entered a new world... of the truly bizarre at this point, LoL.

Reactions: marks

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ick! Ok, now I'm all for praying and pleading for the lost, Pearl, but I don't think the Lord has recapitulated and now refers to him as a "her." He created our new Secretary of Health as a man, and I don't think that just because the guy has now decided to change his identity that this has changed anything in the eyes of the Lord.

I think you're going beyond compassion into over-sympathizing with sin if you ascent to saying, "Jesus loves her." Bleck!!

cyclic-vomiting-syndrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because I know someone personally who has transgendered... I am more sensitive to those who struggle with gender issues... I don't understand it one bit... I don't agree with it... or ANY of the LGTBQ agenda.... I find the drag queen scene to be the most offensive of all... but that is just me. The only thing I will publicly proclaim with regards to this issue is if I am ever demanded to call someone according to their personal pronoun that falls outside the realm of male and female.... neither will I ever tell anyone that there are more than two genders... male or female. AS far as lifestyle choices... I mind my own business... keep my thoughts to myself and I respect the choice to live and let live.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ick! Ok, now I'm all for praying and pleading for the lost, Pearl, but I don't think the Lord has recapitulated and now refers to him as a "her." He created our new Secretary of Health as a man, and I don't think that just because the guy has now decided in his old age to physically change his anatomy that this has changed anything in the eyes of the Lord.

I think you're going beyond compassion into over-sympathizing with sin if you ascent to saying, "Jesus loves her." Bleck!!

So do you think that God doesn't love this person? I don't over sympathise with sin but what about compassion for the sinner. People who are not Christians can't see things through God's eyes. And do you think God will turn them away if their eyes were to be opened and they turned to Jesus. We must not judge. We must forgive. We must love.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reformed1689 said, "A transgender as health secretary? That's pretty rich that someone is in charge of health who doesn't understand basic biology/anatomy."

Being transgender has absolutely nothing with understanding basic biology/anatomy. One has nothing to do with the other. NOTHING!

Can you spell "bigotry"?

Reactions: Taken and Pearl

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reformed1689 said, "A transgender as health secretary? That's pretty rich that someone is in charge of health who doesn't understand basic biology/anatomy."

Being transgender has absolutely nothing with understanding basic biology/anatomy. One has nothing to do with the other. NOTHING!

Can you spell "bigotry"?
Welcome to the forums... LOL

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you spell "bigotry"?

"It's" a beauty...o_O

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find the drag queen scene to be the most offensive of all...

The drag queen is their sport of "entertainment". An over the top personification of the female, funny.

Straight Males have dressed as females, and performed stage, skits, plays for eons.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do you think that God doesn't love this person?

Well certainly he does, and we should too. I'm just saying, it's one of those situations where you love the sinner but you still have to hate the sin. (I think someone already mentioned this, and if so, my apologies).

Can you spell "bigotry"?

I sometimes get the terms transgender and transexual mixed up myself.

That having been said, bigotry is defined as an "obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group." As per my response to Pearl above, I wouldn't think I qualify as a bigot simply for opposing transgenderism and transsexualism, which according to my beliefs as a Christian are both sinful.

How are you so certain that Reformed is, and how do you feel about what Christianity teaches on the issue?

God bless,
Hidden in Him

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That having been said, bigotry is defined as an "obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group." As per my response to Pearl above, I wouldn't think I qualify as a bigot simply for opposing transgenderism and transsexualism, which according to my beliefs as a Christian are both sinful.

I don't like these things either but God gave us all free choice and some choose to do things we don't like just as we choose to do things they don't like.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't like these things either but God gave us all free choice and some choose to do things we don't like just as we choose to do things they don't like.

Well, "don't like" is kind of a reinterpretation. "Being repulsed by" would be the more accurate description of how I feel about it. There are demonic spirits involved in this sort of thing, and it will show up in the countenance if the spirit assumes enough control over the person, and begins to fully manifest itself through them. They are called "unclean spirits" for a reason. When seen in the Spirit, demons of sexual perversion are said to cause nausea.

Again, this is not to say they shouldn't be prayed for and loved. We are all succumbing to spirits of one form or another, even most Christians. But the spirits of sexual perversion are just that, perverse. So the natural reaction of believers is usually going to be one of revulsion.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They are called "unclean spirits" for a reason. When seen in the Spirit, demons of sexual perversion are said to cause nausea.

This is one of the areas were spiritual warfare needs to be waged. Not against the people themselves but against the powers that control them.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, "don't like" is kind of a reinterpretation. "Being repulsed by" would be the more accurate description of how I feel about it. There are demonic spirits involved in this sort of thing, and it will show up in the countenance if the spirit assumes enough control over the person, and begins to fully manifest itself through them. They are called "unclean spirits" for a reason. When seen in the Spirit, demons of sexual perversion are said to cause nausea.

Again, this is not to say they shouldn't be prayed for and loved. We are all succumbing to spirits of one form or another, even most Christians. But the spirits of sexual perversion are just that, perverse. So the natural reaction of believers is usually going to be one of revulsion.
I think that sexual perversion may also result from sexual abuse during childhood development, due to the brain damage that can occur. Part of the corruption of the flesh.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am truly the least of these... and I often question my own standing with Christ... as I live as a recluse with no desire to fellowship with others... It is these kind of beliefs and issues that quite frankly exhaust me and grieve me deeply.
I suppose I came to these forums at just the wrong time... during an election... LOL... I have tried to understand... and failed... and still fail to understand... but I have seen a terrible division within Christianity... and I don't think this is pleasing to God at all.
Or it may all be God's Way of exposing the darkness that was already there.... removing the facade so that others can see how they really look inside!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not having been born in and having had to walk in someone else's shoes, how fair of a judgment can one person make with regard to another? God can fairly judge, but who among us has been given the ability and authority to similarly render such a judgment against someone else? Some may insist by their actions or statements or both that they have. We do need to know when to remain silent when the judgment is not ours to make.