Bill Nye confident and strong ken ham mild weak and meek

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

KEN HAM FROM THE ADVATAGE of weakness uses God'S own creation account to tell Bill Nye AND
others about their only savior from sin Jesus

hope other Christians enjoyed the debate as much as I..

Reactions: KingJ

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just as i predicted........

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
aspen said:
just as i predicted........
And what was your prediction aspen?
That bill Nye would look wise and the Christian would look foolish..

that's what the bible says happens ..

go to bible gate way and type in the word foolish and see the verses that pop up in the new testament about this.

don't get discouraged ASPEN God uses what appears to be foolish to shame the wise. And save those who believe the foolish.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Kent Hovind would have done a much better job than Ken Ham

To me "just quoting the bible" does not prove anything in a debate like that.

And I cant think of a worse way to spread the gospel.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Ravi Zacharias maybe..I heard him on the radio. Sounds like he would do good in a debate.

I debated with an atheist and they just ended up telling me how stupid I was for believing the Bible.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guys, if Christianity could debated into the hearts of everyone to make them believers, it would have been done so already. I am not necessarily against the idea of a believer debating a nonbeliever, but at the end of the day, you're simply going to say that your side won. It's more of a question of worldview and presuppositions.

At the end of the day, a Christian's argument is that we do believe in the Bible and hold to it as Truth.

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
I enjoyed the debate. I would have handled it completely different than Ham did, but that is between Ham and God. There is only one thing that really bothered me. Ham did not correct Nye at any point about Nye's assertion that we are "Ham's followers". I do not follow Ken Ham. I follow Christ and Ken Ham happens to agree with what the bible says. It is not "Ken Ham's model" either, I do think Ham handled this satisfactorily to us (as Christians)...but the world probably needs a more direct statement that it is not "Ham's model" but instead what the bible clearly states.

I think Nye won the debate from a worldly perspective. Especially given that Ham allowed Nye to make the gratuitous assertion over and over that we are "Ham's followers". We may now be "dismissed" as a "band of deluded followers" by the world.

It may seem that I am splitting hairs, but it is the little things that are important to me.

The Gospel was preached, Ham did not back down from the Bible, Ham was unashamed of the Bible or the Gospel! Christ will win at the end of the day....this i know.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Gods word never returns to him void either it will bring unbelievers to faith or if consistently rejected condemn the hearer to hellfor ever .. ken ham told bill Nye about Jesus and others heard it to..
Arnie Manitoba said:
Kent Hovind would have done a much better job than Ken Ham

To me "just quoting the bible" does not prove anything in a debate like that.

And I cant think of a worse way to spread the gospel.
HammerStone said:
Guys, if Christianity could debated into the hearts of everyone to make them believers, it would have been done so already. I am not necessarily against the idea of a believer debating a nonbeliever, but at the end of the day, you're simply going to say that your side won. It's more of a question of worldview and presuppositions.

At the end of the day, a Christian's argument is that we do believe in the Bible and hold to it as Truth.
WRONG -- When Gods word is used it never returns to God void . it will either bring a person to faith or if consistently rejected
damn the person to hell for ever.. Ken ham told bill Nye about Jesus and other unbelievers also now heard it to..
bill Nye most Likely would never have gone to your church to hear about Jesus.. on judgment day he can not say he never heard the truth now.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
I was pleasantly surprised. Bill Nye did exceptionally well and stuck to the question at hand (Is creationism a viable scientific model). He gave multiple good reasons why it's not, including some from the local area.

Ham fumbled a bit, played videos of other people talking, and gave basically one reason why he believes young-earth creationism is valid....it's how he reads the Bible. That might be persuasive to people who are already predisposed to a fundamentalist mindset, but it doesn't carry much weight with anyone else.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my prediction was that Christians would declare Ham the winner, no matter how well he performed and athiests who declare Nye the winner no matter how well he performed. Horsecamp - you proved my prediction to be true in the most obvious manner - Ham was weak and therefore strong - in otherwords, even Christians who lose are winners........

i will continue to belief that atheistic scientists will never 'get it' as far as a Christian perspective is concerned - and Christian Creationists will sacrifice everything, including evidence and reason to support their belief in a literal account of the Genesis depiction of creation.

what irritates me is the belief that Ham won the debate because he stuck with his belief no matter what - this is being willfully stubborn, not CORRECT - this is they same stance as repeating 'I know you are, but what am I?' it is what Mormons do when they are confronted with the historical evidence against the book of mormon, when they repeat their testimony over and over and over....

I believe that God created everything. i also believe that God did not plant misleading evidence in order to trick people - this leads me to believe that a literal creation account is not possible AND that the theory of evolution has a long way to go.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
aspen said:
my prediction was that Christians would declare Ham the winner, no matter how well he performed and athiests who declare Nye the winner no matter how well he performed. Horsecamp - you proved my prediction to be true in the most obvious manner - Ham was weak and therefore strong - in otherwords, even Christians who lose are winners........

i will continue to belief that atheistic scientists will never 'get it' as far as a Christian perspective is concerned - and Christian Creationists will sacrifice everything, including evidence and reason to support their belief in a literal account of the Genesis depiction of creation.

what irritates me is the belief that Ham won the debate because he stuck with his belief no matter what - this is being willfully stubborn, not CORRECT - this is they same stance as repeating 'I know you are, but what am I?' it is what Mormons do when they are confronted with the historical evidence against the book of mormon, when they repeat their testimony over and over and over....

I believe that God created everything. i also believe that God did not plant misleading evidence in order to trick people - this leads me to believe that a literal creation account is not possible AND that the theory of evolution has a long way to go.
BECAUSE God created a mature earth with mature trees that gave seed and mature people adam and eve that could have children and mature animals .. you think thats deceving .. and because ken ham refuses to believe man and believes God you think he is wrong ..

your very very smart .

i bet you could milk cows fairly well and perhaps after teaching even bridle a few horses .. but when it comes to Gods word . a little child there trust in Jesus would win over yours hands down,,

but like i said you could milk the cows and bridle the horses as they could not..so use your brains there as it is doing you no Good , in Gods kingdom..
you have shown us that.. You prove why Jesus held up a little child as a model of faith rather than a smart adult who can milk cows and bridle horses..

Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of
spiritual things, but--more frequently than not--struggles against the divine
Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God. Martin Luther
(1483-1546), Table Talk [1569]

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
horsecamp said:
Gods word never returns to him void either it will bring unbelievers to faith or if consistently rejected condemn the hearer to hellfor ever .. ken ham told bill Nye about Jesus and others heard it to..

WRONG -- When Gods word is used it never returns to God void . it will either bring a person to faith or if consistently rejected
damn the person to hell for ever.. Ken ham told bill Nye about Jesus and other unbelievers also now heard it to..
bill Nye most Likely would never have gone to your church to hear about Jesus.. on judgment day he can not say he never heard the truth now.
I am sure everybody there already knew about Jesus .... even Nye quoted a lot of bible so it is not like he never heard it before.

If Mr Ham wants to spread the gospel that is fine .... but if he is going to butt heads with an evolutionist , he needs more than the gospel to sway the audience.

We creationists have been labeled as kooks ..... to put up a poor argument confirms it to most people. This harms the gospel more than helps it.

I am not a big fan of Kent Hovind but he would have talked circles around Bill Nye if he had been there.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
River Jordan said:
I was pleasantly surprised. Bill Nye did exceptionally well and stuck to the question at hand (Is creationism a viable scientific model). He gave multiple good reasons why it's not, including some from the local area.

Ham fumbled a bit, played videos of other people talking, and gave basically one reason why he believes young-earth creationism is valid....it's how he reads the Bible. That might be persuasive to people who are already predisposed to a fundamentalist mindset, but it doesn't carry much weight with anyone else.
the bible says your smart hero in his worldly wisdom can not even know God !

1 corinthians1
the world in its wisdom did not know God ..

And you .. are well on your way to that end also since its the worlds wisdom you THINK SO HIGHLY OF AND care so much for .

or perhaps your already just fooling your own self and don't know God even now?

either way you may be a youth minister but not God's with so high a value on earthly wisdom...
you need to understand
HUMAN REASON IS A BIG MURDRESS, THE DEVILS BRIDE, A DAMNED W-H O-R-E, A blind Guide The enemy of faith. The greatest and most invincible enemy of God!
only when human reason submits to What God says in the bible can it be used to Gods glory. only then does it become Gods greatest gift his most important gift to you a gift of intestimable beauty and excelence , a glorious light a most useful servent in theology something divine..because then you will have the trust in Jesus of a little child .ONLY THEN WILL YOU BE A true MINISTER FOR JESUS .. INSTEAD OF FOR SATAN

Arnie Manitoba said:
I am sure everybody there already knew about Jesus .... even Nye quoted a lot of bible so it is not like he never heard it before.

If Mr Ham wants to spread the gospel that is fine .... but if he is going to butt heads with an evolutionist , he needs more than the gospel to sway the audience.

We creationists have been labeled as kooks ..... to put up a poor argument confirms it to most people. This harms the gospel more than helps it.

I am not a big fan of Kent Hovind but he would have talked circles around Bill Nye if he had been there.

God promises his word never returns to him void it always accomplishes what God sent it out to do..

Moses said he was not a good speaker . God used him to speak his word any way and pharoe hardened his heart against God so many times God said enough enoughs a
then God hardened pharoes heart . since pharoe did not want to believe. God said fine have it your way,, your time of grace is now over.

Arnie Manitoba said:

ONLY THE GOSPEL about what jesus did for us all CAN TURN A HEART TO FAITH IN JESUS . THATS WHY ken was NOT ASHAMED TO USE IT..

that was not ken Hams goal .to sway the audiance...

his goal was to get people talking about creation and introducing them to resources from answers in genesis that could
tell them answers to not only bill nyes questions but theirs also.

you should see the follow up video put out today.. More people watched the debate on youtube than watched the super bowl on you tube.

people from all around the world who never heard of creationism were very excited to learn more about it.

ken ham reported ultra conservative figures showed more than 5 million watchers others reported twice than many .

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh brother......you know, your anti-intellectual rant is fine, horsecamp, but Ham challenged an intellectual and got pantsed. end of story. if you challenge a person to a weightlifting contest, you better be stronger than the person you are challenging - Ham was not. Trying to defend him by denouncing weightlifting and training in general is just ignorant.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I want to withdraw some of my criticism of the Ken Ham presentation ..... must have been the time difference because I missed the first part of the live debate ..... I replayed it and actually think Mr Ham did an excellent job in his opening statements

Thank You & sorry.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Jim and Tammy Baker preached the Gospel too. Of course the stole lots of money from people in the process.... :rolleyes:

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
It is very easy to second guess debate performances. I am sure I would perform terribly in front of 3 million viewers.

With that being said, I feel both debaters did rather terribly. Nye could easily be defeated by mixing in arguments from intelligent design and religious philosophy disciplines without compromising biblical principles. Hamm was either not prepared or not willing to do this.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Anyone else notice how many times scientist Bill Nye used the word "Created" ?

For example he said ..... the elements of the periodical table of chemicals were created when stars exploded

Reactions: DaDad