Bill Would Outlaw Talk About Jesus in Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Bill Would Outlaw Talk About Jesus in Israel​

Did Ben say it was OK?

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Jesus himself is a Jew whose God is the God of Abraham. Can his name be spoken in Israel with that premise?
Bs"d

No, that cannot. Because billions of Christians worship him as God, and therefore he is an idol, and God made it very clear that the name of other gods cannot be mentioned.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Are you stoning those Christians living in Israel who believe Jesus is himself God? If not, why not? Are you more afraid of the secular / religious authorities than you are of God?
Bs"d

They just don't let me.
What about those Christians living in Israel who believe Jesus himself is (only) the Messiah? Are you stoning them too?
For instant the J-H-V-H witnesses, they don't believe that JC was God, but they do believe he was the messiah, they don't have to be stoned.

Being wrong about the messiah is no big deal, I don't think you get whiplashes for it.

However, worshiping a human being is idolatry.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

No, that cannot. Because billions of Christians worship him as God, and therefore he is an idol, and God made it very clear that the name of other gods cannot be mentioned.

You’re siding with billions against thousands.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

They just don't let me.

They can’t stop you until after you knock off - or attempt to - the first one, but that’s beside the point. You have the desire to in your heart.

For instant the J-H-V-H witnesses, they don't believe that JC was God, but they do believe he was the messiah, they don't have to be stoned.

Being wrong about the messiah is no big deal, I don't think you get whiplashes for it.

I’m not a JW. They believe he was / is an archangel.

I believe Jesus, a Jewish human being, is the Messiah.

You wouldn’t stone, whiplash, or imprison me for talking about Jesus in Israel?

However, worshiping a human being is idolatry.

What do have to say about David (1 Chronicles 29:20)?

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
They can’t stop you until after you knock off - or attempt to - the first one, but that’s beside the point. You have the desire to in your heart.

I’m not a JW. They believe he was / is an archangel.

I believe Jesus, a Jewish human being, is the Messiah.

You wouldn’t stone, whiplash, or imprison me for talking about Jesus in Israel?
Bs"d

Stoning is out. For non-Jews there is only one death penalty, and that is beheading.
What do have to say about David (1 Chronicles 29:20)?
"Then David said to all the assembly, “Bless Y-H-W-H your God.” And all the assembly blessed Y-H-W-H, the God of their fathers, and bowed their heads, and worshiped Y-H-W-H, and did obeisance to the king."

They worshiped God, but not David. Bowing down to a person in order to give him respect or show deference, that is not forbidden. We see many people in the Tanach bowing down to humans, for instance Abraham bowing down to his guests.

Bowing down to somebody when you think he is God, is idol worship.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

Stoning is out. For non-Jews there is only one death penalty, and that is beheading.

So you would behead me for speaking about Jesus, a Jew, a human person, the messiah, the son of God, in Israel?

"Then David said to all the assembly, “Bless Y-H-W-H your God.” And all the assembly blessed Y-H-W-H, the God of their fathers, and bowed their heads, and worshiped Y-H-W-H, and did obeisance to the king."

They worshiped God, but not David. Bowing down to a person in order to give him respect or show deference, that is not forbidden. We see many people in the Tanach bowing down to humans, for instance Abraham bowing down to his guests.

Bowing down to somebody when you think he is God, is idol worship.

Thanks.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
@Eliyah13 are you familiar with the New Testament story about a Pharisee named Saul of Tarsus? It strikes me that you and I are a modern day version of that story.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
So you would behead me for speaking about Jesus, a Jew, a human person, the messiah, the son of God, in Israel?
Bs"d

If you are trying to lure Jews away from the one and only God Y-H-W-H and try to make them worship a Jew who died 2000 years ago, then that is what the law of God requires.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

If you are trying to lure Jews away from the one and only God Y-H-W-H and try to make them worship a Jew who died 2000 years ago, then that is what the law of God requires.

I’m not. Now can I talk about the man in Israel?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

Yes.

I hope not, he founded an idolatrous religion.

Saul was a Jew who didn’t believe a fellow Jew was the messiah promised and raised up by YHWH and persecuted followers of the Jewish man who some Jews and gentiles believed is the messiah promised and raised up by YHWH.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
I’m not. Now can I talk about the man in Israel?
Bs"d

God doesn't like to hear the name of false gods mentioned, so please at least don't do that in Israel.

"Take heed to all that I have said to you; and make no mention of the names of other gods, nor let such be heard out of your mouth."
Ex 23:13

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

God doesn't like to hear the name of false gods mentioned, so please at least don't do that in Israel.

There is only one true God -> YHWH. Jesus isn’t him. Now can I talk about Jesus in Israel?

"Take heed to all that I have said to you; and make no mention of the names of other gods, nor let such be heard out of your mouth."
Ex 23:13

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
There is only one true God -> YHWH. Jesus isn’t him. Now can I talk about Jesus in Israel?

Bs"d

I'm very happy to hear you are not falling victim to idol worship, but the problem is, billions of people worship JC, so he is still an idol, even though you don't worship him.

And God doesn't want to hear the name of idols mentioned. And Israel is the holy land, so let's not defile it with the name of idols.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

I'm very happy to hear you are not falling victim to idol worship, but the problem is, billions of people worship JC, so he is still an idol, even though you don't worship him.

And God doesn't want to hear the name of idols mentioned. And Israel is the holy land, so let's not defile it with the name of idols.

Jesus is an idol to some, not an idol to all.

There is no God besides YHWH. Everything else is idols.

Billions of people have misperceptions about YHWH and Jesus. Their misperceptions, their idolatry, wouldn’t cause me to cease speaking about YHWH and Jesus in Israel, even if the government and religious authorities punished me for doing so.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Jesus is an idol to some, not an idol to all.

There is no God besides YHWH. Everything else is idols.

Billions of people have misperceptions about YHWH and Jesus. Their misperceptions, their idolatry, wouldn’t cause me to cease speaking about YHWH and Jesus in Israel, even if the government and religious authorities punished me for doing so.
Bs"d

JC is an idol to billions. Gods doesn't like it when idols are mentioned.

When you want to go against the law of God, prepare to receive the wrath of God.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States