Bill Would Outlaw Talk About Jesus in Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
No,it doesn't. God,The Word made flesh,is not an Idol. He is eternal Omnipresent God.

Bs"d

You are confused about who is God. Hint: It is not JC

Who is the God of Israel? The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

Christianity is very confused about this. A confusion also caused by bad Bible translations. In almost all translations the four lettered name of God, Y-H-W-H, which appears in the Hebrew Bible almost 7000 times, is not mentioned, but replaced by "the LORD".

But here are some Biblical texts which point out WHO is the God of Israel. In these verses the letters of the name of God are written, like in the original Hebrew.

Exodus 29:46 “They will know that I am Y-H-W-H their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am Y-H-W-H their God.”

Numbers 15:41 “I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am Y-H-W-H your God.”

Deuteronomy 10:20-21 “Fear Y-H-W-H your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name. He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.”

Joshua 24:18 “We too will serve Y-H-W-H , because he is our God.”

II Samuel 22:32 “For who is God besides Y-H-W-H ?”

I Chronicles 16:14 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth”

II Chronicles 13:10 “As for us, Y-H-W-H is our God, and we have not forsaken him”

Psalm 31:14 “But I trust in you, O Y-H-W-H; I say, "You are my God.”

Psalm 89:6 “For who in the skies above can compare with Y-H-W-H? Who is like Y-H-W-H among the heavenly beings?”

Psalm 91:2 “I will say of Y-H-W-H , "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Psalm 100:3 “Know that Y-H-W-H is God. It is he who made us.”

Psalm 105:7 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth;”

Psalm 118:27 “Y-H-W-H is God, and he has made his light shine upon us.”

Psalm 140:6 “O Y-H-W-H, I say to you, "You are my God”

Isaiah 25:1 “O Y-H-W-H, you are my God.”

Isaiah 41:13 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God;”

Isaiah 43:3 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;”

Isaiah 51:15 “For I am Y-H-W-H your God, who churns up the sea so that its waves roar- Y-H-W-H Almighty is his name”

Jeremiah 3:22-23 “Yes, we will come to you, for you are Y-H-W-H our God”

Jeremiah 10:10 “But Y-H-W-H is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King.;”

Jeremiah 31:18 “Restore me, and I will return, because you are Y-H-W-H my God.”

Habakkuk 1:12 “O Y-H-W-H, are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, we will not die.”

And is there, except for this God Y-H-W-H, any other god?

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Y-H-W-H! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me."

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
I wonder if they realize their effort in this respect is like unto Fascism.
Bs"d

God does not believe in freedom of religion:

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

God allows people freedom of religion. He hasn’t stopped anyone from choosing idolatry.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus IS YHWH.

Isa 43:10
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Jhn 13:19
Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.

Jhn 8:24
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

God appeared unto Abraham as God Almighty.
God Appeared unto Israel as YHWH
God appeared unto the World as Jesus Christ.

1Jo 4:2
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jo 1:7
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

I am not calling anyone an antichrist, let me make that clear. Because I believe many believe that Jesus was God's son only.
Jesus was not only born of God, Jesus is God in the flesh.
And if you deny this, you could be headed for a cliff.

Jesus IS the great I AM.

Jhn 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Exo 3:14
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Exo 6:3
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Heb 1:1
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Isa 63:16
Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

Gal 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Gal 3:14
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Jesus is YHWH, Jesus is God Almighty, Jesus is the very Glory of himself.

Rev 21:23
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Jhn 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jhn 14:8
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jhn 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Gen 2:3
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
Isa 45:18
For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Col 1:15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

They are the same.

Hugs

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

And we don't.

Before you join the next Christian forum you should make the effort to learn what Christianity teaches.

Isaiah 53

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
God allows people freedom of religion. He hasn’t stopped anyone from choosing idolatry.
Bs"d

You have free will, you can choose idolatry, but those who choose idolatry will be punished severely.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Jesus IS YHWH.

Isa 43:10
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Jhn 13:19
Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.

Jhn 8:24
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

God appeared unto Abraham as God Almighty.
God Appeared unto Israel as YHWH
God appeared unto the World as Jesus Christ.

1Jo 4:2
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jo 1:7
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

I am not calling anyone an antichrist, let me make that clear. Because I believe many believe that Jesus was God's son only.
Jesus was not only born of God, Jesus is God in the flesh.
And if you deny this, you could be headed for a cliff.

Jesus IS the great I AM.

Jhn 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Exo 3:14
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Exo 6:3
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Heb 1:1
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Isa 63:16
Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

Gal 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Gal 3:14
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Jesus is YHWH, Jesus is God Almighty, Jesus is the very Glory of himself.

Rev 21:23
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Jhn 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jhn 14:8
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jhn 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Gen 2:3
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
Isa 45:18
For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Col 1:15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

They are the same.

Hugs
Bs"d

What we see in your long answer is that both the NT and JC himself claim that JC is God.

The Tanach, for the Christians the OT, teaches very clearly that there is only ONE God, and that is Y-H-W-H.

So if anybody wants to say that JC was God, or divine, than he has no choice than to say that Christ was Y-H-W-H, because there simply is no other God than Y-H-W-H.

But then you encounter the following problems:

If anybody says JC is the same as Y-H-W-H then you are stuck with the fact that Y-H-W-H is his own son and at the same time his own father.

Then you are stuck with the fact that when JC prays to his father, Y-H-W-H is praying to himself.

Luke 22:41-42: “and He knelt down and began to pray, saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done."

So here Y-H-W-H has a different will than himself???

Even in heaven JC is subjected to the Father, according to Corinthians 15:28, Matthew 20:25, Fillipens 2:9, and others.

So Y-H-W-H is subjected to himself???

When Christ was hanging at the cross, he cried out: “My God, my God, why did you forsake me?” Matthew 27:46

So Y-H-W-H forsook himself???

Collossians 5:1; “set your hearts on things above, where JC is seated at the right hand of God.”

Y-H-W-H is sitting at his own right hand???

Y-H-W-H died at the cross, slaughtered by his own creatures?

If so, who resurrected him?

Remember there is only one God: Y-H-W-H who IS one.

By now it should be clear to everybody that it is IMPOSSIBLE that JC was or is God.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
And we don't.

Before you join the next Christian forum you should make the effort to learn what Christianity teaches.

Isaiah 53

Bs"d

Isaiah 53 has no bearing on the messiah or on JC.

See here what Isaiah 53 really speaks about: Isaiah 53

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

What we see in your long answer is that both the NT and JC himself claim that JC is God.

The Tanach, for the Christians the OT, teaches very clearly that there is only ONE God, and that is Y-H-W-H.

So if anybody wants to say that JC was God, or divine, than he has no choice than to say that Christ was Y-H-W-H, because there simply is no other God than Y-H-W-H.

But then you encounter the following problems:

If anybody says JC is the same as Y-H-W-H then you are stuck with the fact that Y-H-W-H is his own son and at the same time his own father.

Then you are stuck with the fact that when JC prays to his father, Y-H-W-H is praying to himself.

Luke 22:41-42: “and He knelt down and began to pray, saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done."

So here Y-H-W-H has a different will than himself???

Even in heaven JC is subjected to the Father, according to Corinthians 15:28, Matthew 20:25, Fillipens 2:9, and others.

So Y-H-W-H is subjected to himself???

When Christ was hanging at the cross, he cried out: “My God, my God, why did you forsake me?” Matthew 27:46

So Y-H-W-H forsook himself???

Collossians 5:1; “set your hearts on things above, where JC is seated at the right hand of God.”

Y-H-W-H is sitting at his own right hand???

Y-H-W-H died at the cross, slaughtered by his own creatures?

If so, who resurrected him?

Remember there is only one God: Y-H-W-H who IS one.

By now it should be clear to everybody that it is IMPOSSIBLE that JC was or is God.
I know. But yes, the man right, Jesus was both fully human and fully God. He made himself subject to every temptation and trial that man himself has to face. Remember, Jesus came to be our example. When things get tough we turn to the Father in prayer.
Jesus in the form of a man, leaving us an example turned to Our Father in prayer, for us to see.

Jesus the human form had the very Spirit of himself in himself. Jesus had Life in himself and was able to raise himself from the dead.
No one can kill God. They couldn't kill Jesus. They could kill his flesh but not his spirit.

Question:
If God the Father has a Kingdom and Christ the Son has a kingdom, which kingdom will we go to when we die?

There is only one Kingdom. There is only one God. And God named himself Jesus. Just as he named himself YHWH. Just as he named himself The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, God ALmighty, creator of heaven and earth... which is Jesus.
That which was, that which is, and that which is to come, is one in the same.

Question:
If Jesus is the only name by which we must be saved. Then why did Jesus not teach his disciples to pray to him instead of the Father?
Because he hadn't fulfilled what he had come to do, which was to bring salvation to all those who believe in Him.
Him who? Him Jesus.

And for the last sentence of your post...

See Below:
Nothing is impossible with God.

HUGS

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

So you say that the messiah was not God?

I say the messiah was not literally God; he was figuratively God (Cp. Exodus 7:1).

There literally is no God besides the messiah’s God.

YHWH is the messiah’s God. The messiah isn’t YHWH.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fun Question:

Before God said, "Let there be light" and "God saw the light that it was good"

What was there?

If Jesus said "There is none good but God"

What was God looking at?

Curious...
Hugs

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fun Question:

Before God said, "Let there be light" and "God saw the light that it was good"

What was there?

If Jesus said "There is none good but God"

What was God looking at?

Curious...
Hugs
Considering that the rest of creation was so heavily complex and far reaching...

God simply creating photons (what light is made of) is somewhat of only a piece of a day....so what did God do for the rest of the day?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering that the rest of creation was so heavily complex and far reaching...

God simply creating photons (what light is made of) is somewhat of only a piece of a day....so what did God do for the rest of the day?
He was thinking about you
:D
Hugs

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was thinking about you
:D
Hugs
Don't Hug me....I don't want you touching me. PERSONAL SPACE!!!!!

Considering that water, dry land, the various gravitational consistency especially, laws of motion, physics, various elements and thermodynamics had to be created on day two.....only photons on the first day is kinda a "nothing" by comparison. I can make photons by running a small current through a diode. And I'm not special...far from it. If anything I'm kinda substandard for human.

Maybe there was something more to what God created on the first day than a flat reading would provide. Since the first of anything belongs to God.