1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Binding and Loosing

Discussion in 'Christian Spirituality Forum' started by Episkopos, Jan 4, 2019.

1. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

The Lord has given others as guides; in the end we search the Scriptures for ourselves for our consciences to be stirred.

Acolyte and bbyrd009 like this.
  2. Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    no...the passage is clearly about church discipline

3. Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    None of this is biblical at all. you are making it up as you go contrary to what the scripture really teaches

4. Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Grace...these ideas are not scriptural.You do not bind spirits of misery...this is not found in scripture.

5. Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    What are you laughing about? The passage is about church discipline, nothing else.

6. Episkopos

Episkopos Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

Everyone has a right to their opinion. But that's all you are providing here. You are exposing yourself to have a very narrow view of things...with nothing to back it up.

"ByGrace" likes this.
  7. brakelite

brakelite Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    KJV Luke 22
    Strife About Greatness
    24 And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.
    25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
    26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

"ByGrace" likes this.
  8. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    So, your another one of “those”....putting others ‘in the place’ and , only thou knowest all things..:rolleyes:
    Get a life and get over yourself .

9. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    Hey, as long as you are sure, absolutely certain, then I am convinced too.

:)

"ByGrace" likes this.
  10. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    See what I did there? Poorly? The Bible does this all over the place fwiw, but much more artfully. See bc I am convinced alright, only of something else, but I'm not here trying to trumpet that part, but point out how an inference or a perspective can be hidden in plain sight.

Maybe that is strictly about "church" admin or whatever, and maybe it's not, I dunno.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Acolyte and "ByGrace" like this.
  11. Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hello Grace.
    I have a life thank you. I know what you and others have posted here is error.
    I am another of those who read what the bible actually says. Mt 18 is about church discipline.
    You know how I "know" that...it is because that is what it says. notice verse 17.
    So you can curb your hostile tone and read and learn what is written, instead of following the false teachers who are claiming they are binding and loosing everything under the Sun
    15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

12. Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    see the post#31.....
    17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

13. Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Friend, I back it up with the direct statement from the text;
    that is what the passage teaches. the passage is not a permission to go out all over the place making as if you have Divine authority.

For you and "by grace'...let me ask you a question. When these false teachers are claiming they are binding everything, for example, they say Satan I am binding you, in Jesus name...HOW DOES SATAN KEEP GETTING LOOSE?
    When Jesus casts him into outer darkness, he is not getting out.

14. Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

15. Episkopos

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

You are thinking of binding or loosing being about people rather than things of the Spirit. Who binds people? You are seeing this from a physical standpoint...so then a person would have to be bound with actual ropes or chains for your physical idea to work..

16. Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No...the text actually speaks of having already been bound in heaven...
    It is quite spiritual.

17. Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Just read it. One person goes to the person, then two.if the person does not repent, then it goes before the whole church, if no repentance, excommunication..
    Church discipline is a look ark of a true Church.

18. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    Well that is certainly logical, ok, I'm not disagreeing with that. Now wadr I can tell you've never actually tried that route, bc there is a hidden lesson in there took me like three times to get, so iOW three really big explosions, tore up the um "whole church" as you call it, and guess who got...well, that's enough for now I guess lol, just go try it and see who learns what! It's just another thing that does not play out like we imagine in our heads, at least in my experience.

There is another way to play that game all by yourself, with you as the whole church, fwiw

Acolyte and "ByGrace" like this.
  19. Episkopos

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    I think often people confuse authority with autonomy. Autonomy actually means "a law unto oneself" (auto and nomos). ...or a lack of coming under authority.

Who really wants to unselfishly see the restoration of God's dominion? Do we not prefer freedom over submission to authority?

Are we convinced of God's absolute excellence and Lordship over all things...including ourselves and everything we think and do?

Acolyte, amadeus and "ByGrace" like this.
  20. Episkopos

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

You are confusing a spiritual liberation or binding with a church action which is disciplinary on the physical level. The church decides to exclude a person or receive a person into fellowship. A physical person. This is about fellowship. But binding and loosing are as I described in the OP. Have you read it? (the first 3 pages). Try commenting on that rather than confusing the issue here. Respond to the OP. Then, your confusion may well be aided.

amadeus and "ByGrace" like this.