'Blood of Jesus'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ummmmm, WHO here is denying that He came in the flesh??
You're ALL over the place on this . . .

"THIS, SAME, Jesus you crucified, God RAISED UP Lord and Christ", "THIS SAME Jesus", born in a manger, "God exalted at his own right hand".

And there are in fact those, or at least one, nay, two persons, who here in this discourse, are denying that Christ came in the flesh, KEPT, UNBLEMISHED, UNSCATHED, WITHOUT FAULT in and with and of the SAME body of the SAME flesh AND THE SAME, BLOOD.
Who in fact argue Jesus rose again without blood. Now you are one of those two persons, only you say, He rose again without SOME blood. But it doesn't work that way. Whether one eat an apple against God's instruction or kill one's own father against God's instruction, IT IS THE SAME DISOBEDIENCE AND GUILT.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
ah, you lost me there, sorry?
that was just a Quote of Scripture, except for the last parenthesis

All I'm saying to you is that you use the Old Dispensation Law for blood-sacrifice which simply cannot apply to Christ the New Priesthood "to the Law of INDESTRUCTIBLE LIFE". Blood sacrifice simply doesn't work and simply does not apply in the case of Jesus Christ Our Passover Lamb of GOD WITHOUT SHEDDING OF BLOOD the ANTI-type of blood sacrifice and atonement.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"THIS, SAME, Jesus you crucified, God RAISED UP Lord and Christ", "THIS SAME Jesus", born in a manger, "God exalted at his own right hand".

And there are in fact those, or at least one, nay, two persons, who here in this discourse, are denying that Christ came in the flesh, KEPT, UNBLEMISHED, UNSCATHED, WITHOUT FAULT in and with and of the SAME body of the SAME flesh AND THE SAME, BLOOD.
Who in fact argue Jesus rose again without blood. Now you are one of those two persons, only you say, He rose again without SOME blood. But is doesn't work that way. Whether one eat an apple against God's instruction or kill one's own father against God's instruction, IT IS THE SAME DISOBEDIENCE AND GUILT.
And you keep bobbing and weaving like an elusive boxer with your responses.
FIRST, you claimed that Jesus didn't shed any blood.

NOW, you're all over the place - throwing new confused and disheveled arguments into the mix that had NOTHING to do with the original argument.

Your entire position now is one of confused desperation . . .

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And you keep bobbing and weaving like an elusive boxer with your responses.
FIRST, you claimed that Jesus didn't shed any blood.

NOW, you're all over the place - throwing new confused and disheveled arguments into the mix that had NOTHING to do with the original argument.

Your entire position now is one of confused desperation . . .

Something here is clear. . .

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, Jesus willingly went to his death - but it was at the hands of MEN. The Martyrs ALSO willingly went to their deaths at the hands of MEN. Pilate DID have power over His flesh - and Jesus even told him that he did:
John 19:11
Jesus answered, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin."

Anyway - NONE of that you just said refutes the fact that Jesus bled at the hands of MEN.
Try again . . .

Jesus I am the Life, said: "You would have no power over me". "Thou couldest have no power against me", but Dead Bread said, '~Pilate DID have power over His flesh - and Jesus even told him that he did:~' a direct contradiction making Jesus a liar.

Jesus was He with whom Pilate was confronted in the body of his flesh, and Jesus saying to Pilate, You cannot, you are unable to do anything whatsoever against Me, is specifically referring to Pilate's inability to do Him physical or bodily or fleshly harm. So Jesus told Pilate that "He therefore who handed Me over to you", was his heavenly Father, the "One-from-above", the "One-from-everlasting". whom Pilate kept on to resist. Obviously metaphorically withstood, so that "you, Pontius Pilate, "have so much bigger sin!", or more literally, so that "he (Pilate) has so much bigger sin". Bigger sin because it was not only Jesus, but his Father from above, who handed Him over to Pilate.

In his humiliation, Jesus through his humiliation triumphing greatly, conquered.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Sorry pal - you LOSE again.
Jesus said that He did not come to abolish the Law - but to FULFILL it (Matt. 5:17).

The Mosaic Law was not "bygone" until AFTER Jesus was finished with what He had to do.

Who's talking! It's you saying the wine presently, this day, is Jesus' blood drunk for forgiveness of sins; not I.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus I am the Life, said: "You would have no power over me". "Thou couldest have no power against me", but Dead Bread said, '~Pilate DID have power over His flesh - and Jesus even told him that he did:~' a direct contradiction making Jesus a liar.

Jesus was He with whom Pilate was confronted in the body of his flesh, and Jesus saying to Pilate, You cannot, you are unable to do anything whatsoever against Me, is specifically referring to Pilate's inability to do Him physical or bodily or fleshly harm. So Jesus told Pilate that "He therefore who handed Me over to you", was his heavenly Father, the "One-from-above", the "One-from-everlasting". whom Pilate kept on to resist. Obviously metaphorically withstood, so that "you, Pontius Pilate, "have so much bigger sin!", or more literally, so that "he (Pilate) has so much bigger sin". Bigger sin because it was not only Jesus, but his Father from above, who handed Him over to Pilate.

In his humiliation, Jesus through his humiliation triumphing greatly, conquered.
STILL trying to show that Jesus didn't bleed, huh.
What a losing proposition . . .

First of all - Pilate DID have authority over Jesus - and Jesus TOLD him that he did. Jesus was put to death under the Authority of Pilate.
"You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above."

Game.
SET
MATCH.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
STILL trying to show that Jesus didn't bleed, huh.
What a losing proposition . . .

First of all - Pilate DID have authority over Jesus - and Jesus TOLD him that he did. Jesus was put to death under the Authority of Pilate.
"You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above."

Game.
SET
MATCH.

“But the wicked cast up mire and dirt.”
"He that dwell in the secret Places of the Most High abide under the shadow of the Almighty ... With Thine eyes shalt Thou behold and see only the reward of the wicked."
"My eye shall see My Desire on mine enemies, my ears shall hear My Desire of the wicked that rise up against Me."
"Because Thou hast made the LORD-My-Refuge-The-Most-High thy habitation there shall NO EVIL BEFALL Thee neither shall ANY PLAGUE come nigh thy Dwelling, The Most High, FOR HE SHALL KEEP THEE IN ALL THY WAYS. ... I will SHOW Him : MY SALVATION."
"The Truth of the LORD shall be thy SHIELD AND BUCKLER."
"I will TRIUMPH in the works OF THY HANDS! ... A brutish man knoweth not, neither doth a fool understand this."
"Now know that I the LORD SAVETH HIS ANOINTED : He will hear Him from his holy heaven WITH THE SAVING STRENGTH OF HIS RIGHT HAND."
"He asked LIFE of Thee and Thou gavest it Him ETERNALLY days of LIFE. HIS GLORY IS GREAT IN THY SALVATION, HONOUR AND MAJESTY HAST THOU LAID UPON HIM."
"The LORD is a Man of War : The Lord TRIUMPHED GLORIOUSLY."
"A Lamb WITHOUT SPOT!"

Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him;
and others smote him with the palms of their hands, saying:
Prophesy unto us, thou Christ, Who is he that smote thee?

"HE therefore who handed Me over to you the One-from-above, from everlasting."
"Through the mercy of the Most High HE SHALL NOT BE MOVED."

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: FOR THOU ART WITH ME, THY rod and THY staff, they COMFORT Me."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“But the wicked cast up mire and dirt.”
"He that dwell in the secret Places of the Most High abide under the shadow of the Almighty ... With Thine eyes shalt Thou behold and see only the reward of the wicked."
"My eye shall see My Desire on mine enemies, my ears shall hear My Desire of the wicked that rise up against Me."
"Because Thou hast made the LORD-My-Refuge-The-Most-High thy habitation there shall NO EVIL BEFALL Thee neither shall ANY PLAGUE come nigh thy Dwelling, The Most High, FOR HE SHALL KEEP THEE IN ALL THY WAYS. ... I will SHOW Him : MY SALVATION."
"The Truth of the LORD shall be thy SHIELD AND BUCKLER."
"I will TRIUMPH in the works OF THY HANDS! ... A brutish man knoweth not, neither doth a fool understand this."
"Now know that I the LORD SAVETH HIS ANOINTED : He will hear Him from his holy heaven WITH THE SAVING STRENGTH OF HIS RIGHT HAND."
"He asked LIFE of Thee and Thou gavest it Him ETERNALLY days of LIFE. HIS GLORY IS GREAT IN THY SALVATION, HONOUR AND MAJESTY HAST THOU LAID UPON HIM."
"The LORD is a Man of War : The Lord TRIUMPHED GLORIOUSLY."
"A Lamb WITHOUT SPOT!"

Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him;
and others smote him with the palms of their hands, saying:
Prophesy unto us, thou Christ, Who is he that smote thee?

"HE therefore who handed Me over to you the One-from-above, from everlasting."
"Through the mercy of the Most High HE SHALL NOT BE MOVED."

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: FOR THOU ART WITH ME, THY rod and THY staff, they COMFORT Me."
And yet, not ONE of the verses you quoted speaks to your fallacy that Jesus didn't bleed.
He DID - and He DIED - and we were REDEEMED.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And yet, not ONE of the verses you quoted speaks to your fallacy that Jesus didn't bleed.
He DID - and He DIED - and we were REDEEMED.

So you are saying Jesus did not lay down his life by the Power He had to take it up again with—THE SAME “POWER” THE OMNIPOTENCE OF THE OMNIPOTENT. If He died without this Power which He had to lay down his Life, Jesus had no Power to take his Life up again. If He died of blood loss, He died of weakness and in weakness, and He would have stayed in the grave forever.

BUT HIS LIFE WAS NOT IN HIS BLOOD BUT HIS BLOOD WAS IN HIS LIFE "offered to God", his LIFE WHICH HE LAID DOWN IN ORDER TO TAKE IT UP AGAIN IN THE POWER OF HIS SOUL "according to the LAW-OF-EVERLASTING-LIFE", not according to the law of blood sacrifices.

Christ "poured out his SOUL" and DIED, and, "the third day, ROSE", so that we are "much rather redeemed by his LIFE"—his Life which He both laid down and took up again WITH THE “POWER” He HAD : THE OMNIPOTENCE OF THE OMNIPOTENT.

So you, still have to quote ONE verse that speaks to your fallacy that Jesus bled. He did NOT, or we would not be redeemed, MORTAL blood being the blood of bleeding sacrifice, and INCAPABLE TO PAY FOR THE SINS OF SOULS.

"If Christ rose not from the dead, you would still be in your sins"... and irredeemably lost!

What drove everyone mad in That BONE-DAY Night of Yahweh was that they could not draw blood to disfigure the Glory of God in the face of Jesus, just like Israel could not look on for the glory of Jesus Christ reflected in Moses' face.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Which he shed on us
abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;" Titus 3:5-6

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy, He saved us by the(=his) washing-of-Regeneration and-being-Raised-up-again of (=by) the Holy Ghost which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour"...

Note what He, Christ, "shed"--"his (the) washing-of-Regeneration-and-Rising-up-again", his Resurrection-- his Resurrection-LIFE; his "Revived" SOUL! Jesus shed his soul; he "shed" his blood "shedding, pouring out" his Life's Soul, in BOTH DYING AND RISING.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
THIS is the day that the Lord has made...Let us be glad and rejoice in it!!

Reactions: amadeus