'Blood of Jesus'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No - your comment in REDS is not MY responsibility.
YOU are the one making this heretically asinine claim - so the onus is on YOU to show evidence for it.

As for whether He bled or not - I HAVE shown Scriptural evidence that Jesus was like US - in ALL things but sin. I even challenged you to drive a nail through your hand to see if it bleeds. I also showed the corresponding prophecy from Isaiah 53 about His "stripes" after being beaten.

YOU, on the pother hand, have shown ZERO evidence for your invented claims . . .

So, according to you and Catholicism, Christ shod his blood like the blood of sacrifices under the 'ministration of death' was shod, because their "life was in the blood". That is you, not I, claiming and declaring Christ's life was no more or different or better than the life of the blood sacrifices of both Jews and heathen pagans. I don't claim or declare that.
I believe in that Jesus "poured / shed out his SOUL", He therein and therewith and thereby metaphorically shod his blood, viz., He shed his blood SPIRITUALLY, not literally like mortal sacrifices, but as "God, justified in the Spirit, manifest in the flesh".
I believe because Jesus "is the Blessed and Only Potentate, the ETERNAL, IMMORTAL, INVISIBLE who ONLY has Immortality and Inhabits Light unapproachable", "He poured out his SOUL" though "NO man has seen or (could) see", and nevertheless, is He "believed in by his messengers and preached to the Gentiles".

God judges what and which is Truth, blood on portraits protruding from 'the Virgin Mary's' eyes, or the blood in "His Soul poured out" that cannot with mortal hand be imitated or eye be seen.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The doors were LOCKED and Jesus appeared there with them.

No Scripture, no word, '~appeared~' the words are, "He came" and "He stood". It says the doors, probably a left and right hand 'double door', was locked because of their fear of the Jews. ("He who doesn't have a God fears even though there is no pursuers." Their God they feared was gone forever.) But because it was He, who "came", they had to open the doors for Him, and He, as He "stood among them", greeted them" with, "Peace to you!"

But now, the crux of the matter in this discussion has been that I have believed and defended that the holes in his body were Divine, that is, Powerful Signs of Jesus' omnipotence so that there not like from a mortal creature, at any time in his "anguish of SOUL" from "in the flesh" came out blood, while you, deny it! Instead of believing the reality and truth, you run amok with RCC tradition--with lies. For what, is the question? To justify your Sunday worship! Never forget!

PS
Again the irony is blatantly clear. Your adversaries the Sunday rejecters and Sabbath worshippers are on your side like are they and you, B.L.O.O.D. brothers.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I even challenged you to drive a nail through your hand to see if it bleeds.

What a silly challenge any sane person of course will turn down; I am not Jesus, not Divine, not sinless, not holy, NOT THE GLORIOUS GLORIFIED Jesus, Saviour of his people. I am one Jesus had to save with his WORTHY TO BE WORSHIPPED SELF ONLY.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I HAVE shown Scriptural evidence that Jesus was like US - in ALL things but sin.

You don't have to show, the Scriptures have all the evidence, evidence such as that the fact and truth that Jesus was like us in all things but sin, is only half the truth, is not the whole truth and although it is nothing but the truth, in your mouth and from your mouth is become the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, corrupted and abused.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Scripture, no word, '~appeared~' the words are, "He came" and "He stood". It says the doors, probably a left and right hand 'double door', was locked because of their fear of the Jews. ("He who doesn't have a God fears even though there is no pursuers." Their God they feared was gone forever.) But because it was He, who "came", they had to open the doors for Him, and He, as He "stood among them", greeted them" with, "Peace to you!"

But now, the crux of the matter in this discussion has been that I have believed and defended that the holes in his body were Divine, that is, Powerful Signs of Jesus' omnipotence so that there not like from a mortal creature, at any time in his "anguish of SOUL" from "in the flesh" came out blood, while you, deny it! Instead of believing the reality and truth, you run amok with RCC tradition--with lies. For what, is the question? To justify your Sunday worship! Never forget!

PS
Again the irony is blatantly clear. Your adversaries the Sunday rejecters and Sabbath worshippers are on your side like are they and you, B.L.O.O.D. brothers.
No - the holes in Jesus's hands and feet - and the hole in his side were not "divinely" cause - but caused by human beings. Nails and a spear made those holes - YOUR heretical opinions, notwithstanding . . .

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have to show, the Scriptures have all the evidence, evidence such as that the fact and truth that Jesus was like us in all things but sin, is only half the truth, is not the whole truth and although it is nothing but the truth, in your mouth and from your mouth is become the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, corrupted and abused.
Read this run-on sentence back to yourself and try to make sense out of it.
What a confused hodgepodge of drivel . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a silly challenge any sane person of course will turn down; I am not Jesus, not Divine, not sinless, not holy, NOT THE GLORIOUS GLORIFIED Jesus, Saviour of his people. I am one Jesus had to save with his WORTHY TO BE WORSHIPPED SELF ONLY.
Jesus redeemed the world with His blood - and nothing less . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, according to you and Catholicism, Christ shod his blood like the blood of sacrifices under the 'ministration of death' was shod, because their "life was in the blood". That is you, not I, claiming and declaring Christ's life was no more or different or better than the life of the blood sacrifices of both Jews and heathen pagans. I don't claim or declare that.
I believe in that Jesus "poured / shed out his SOUL", He therein and therewith and thereby metaphorically shod his blood, viz., He shed his blood SPIRITUALLY, not literally like mortal sacrifices, but as "God, justified in the Spirit, manifest in the flesh".
I believe because Jesus "is the Blessed and Only Potentate, the ETERNAL, IMMORTAL, INVISIBLE who ONLY has Immortality and Inhabits Light unapproachable", "He poured out his SOUL" though "NO man has seen or (could) see", and nevertheless, is He "believed in by his messengers and preached to the Gentiles".

God judges what and which is Truth, blood on portraits protruding from 'the Virgin Mary's' eyes, or the blood in "His Soul poured out" that cannot with mortal hand be imitated or eye be seen.
And now the onus is on YOU to show us where the bible says that Jesus poured out and shed His soul and NOT His blood.
Isaiah 53 12 says:

Therefore I will give him a portion among the great, and he will divide the spoils with the strong, because he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors. For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

HOWEVER - Rom. 5:9
assures us:
Since we have now been justified by his BLOOD, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!

Learn how to properly divide Scripture - instead of twisting it to your own destruction . . .

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And now the onus is on YOU to show us where the bible says that Jesus poured out and shed His soul and NOT His blood.
Isaiah 53 12 says:

Therefore I will give him a portion among the great, and he will divide the spoils with the strong, because he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors. For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

HOWEVER - Rom. 5:9
assures us:
Since we have now been justified by his BLOOD, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!

Learn how to properly divide Scripture - instead of twisting it to your own destruction . . .

Learn how to properly divide Scripture instead of twisting it to your own destruction . . . precisely as here where you leave out the follow-up verses to Romans 5:9, and IGNORE the equation / identification: "by his BLOOD" = "through him".

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . not with his LIFE says BreadOfLife, post: 398474, member: 7345. His LIFE is less than his blood writes BreadOfLife, post: 398474, member: 7345.
Ummmm . . . aren't YOU the one who pointed out that Lev. 17:14 tells us that life is contained in the blood??
To pour out one's blood IS to pour our one's life, Einstein . . .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus Christ..The last Lamb slain.

Lev 17-11
"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

Reactions: pia and BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Learn how to properly divide Scripture instead of twisting it to your own destruction . . . precisely as here where you leave out the follow-up verses to Romans 5:9.
I didn't "leave out" anything.
the verses that follow simply support verse 9. They talk about the fact that we are reconciled to God through the death of His Son.

Your position is that Jesus never shed His blood.
You have been losing this arguments for several pages now because of your Scriptural perversions.

My advice to you is to get into a good Scripture study.
I can recommend a few if you'd like . . .

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No - the holes in Jesus's hands and feet - and the hole in his side were not "divinely" cause - but caused by human beings. Nails and a spear made those holes - YOUR heretical opinions, notwithstanding . . .

So '~human beings~' caused the holes to be immortal. John 20:19. And '~human beings~' from eternity '~made those holes~' Psalms 22:16.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So '~human beings~' caused the holes to be immortal. John 20:19. And '~human beings~' from eternity '~made those holes~' Psalms 22:16.
Psalm 22:16
"THEY pierced my hands and my feet. I can count all my bones."

'Nuff said . . .

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ummmm . . . aren't YOU the one who pointed out that Lev. 17:14 tells us that life is contained in the blood??
To pour out one's blood IS to pour our one's life, Einstein . . .

More than once, yes. Leviticus 17:14 tells the life of ANIMAL SACRIFICE is contained in the blood; the whole Bible tells the blood of the Lamb of God Our Passover is in his "INDESTRUCTIBLE LIFE". For HIM, to have poured out His SOUL, was to pour our His Life, and in and with pouring out his Life and Soul, the Son of God the Son of Man his Name, poured out and commended and gave his breath, his spirit, his blood, his ALL, his LOVE, his DIVINITY AND HUMANITY INTO HIS FATHER'S HAND AND DIED. (Did Jesus shed his blood into his Father's hands and die? God forbid!)

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus Christ..The last Lamb slain.

Lev 17-11
"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

Wonderful! Jesus Christ..The last Lamb slain. For I Jesus Christ gave My Life for your blood upon the altar of death to make an atonement for your souls: for it is My Life that makes atonement for your sins in the flesh.

Leviticus 17-11 "For it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul" but it is the Soul of the Lamb of God that maketh an atonement for the blood, the very life, of sinners.

Last edited: