Blotted out of The Book Of Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are splitting hairs which the scripture does not split. You are either in or out, don't make a mistake on that!

Agree, IN or Out.
But don't think it is so much about splitting hairs....but rather NOT "splitting/Dividing" the Word of Truth.

She (GodsGrace) has
2 Timothy 2 : 19 (a)
And
2 Timothy 2 : 19 (b)
Applying to the same people.

Scripture is speaking of Those that belong to the Lord.

And

Those Who have not, but could choose to belong to the Lord.

There is a HUGE difference between...
The OLD DEAD man, and the Forever LIVING NEW Creature.

God Bless,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Esau had the right of the first born but sold it for a bowl of soup:

"And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob." Gen 25:32-33

He still had a blessing coming but that was also taken away from him:

"And Isaac his father said unto him, Who art thou? And he said, I am thy son, thy firstborn Esau.
And Isaac trembled very exceedingly, and said, Who? where is he that hath taken venison, and brought it me, and I have eaten of all before thou camest, and have blessed him? yea, and he shall be blessed." Gen 27:32-33

He was born to it, but effectively gave it away.
He still had at least an inheritance coming, but he lost even that.

In the end what did he have? In the eyes of God: nothing

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:" Acts 10:34

Do we have more coming to us when and if we are born again than did Esau?

Ideally, what would God have expected from Esau?

What would He expect from us?

Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

B

brakelite

Adam and Eve's continuing presence in the garden, and their continuing relationship with their only source of life, was wholly conditional on their obedience to their Creator. And today half the church believes Christians' salvation and repatriation to the kingdom is now unconditional? Peopl correctly believe God's love is unconditional, but mistakenly link that unconditionality with our salvation. They fail to realise that God will be sending those He loves to destruction, which is why it is called His 'strange act'. Some of those who will stand condemned on the day of execution (I refuse to call it the day of judgement because we are now being judged), will be men and women He once called His children. That will be heartrendingly difficult for God to do; it will break His heart, but He will not alter the conditions of salvation nor lower His standards of citizenship in HIs kingdom to match our lost state.
Jesus didn't warn us to remain abiding in Him in vain if it were impossible to be broken off, and that state of separation bringing eternal consequences which He likened to destruction.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Adam and Eve's continuing presence in the garden, and their continuing relationship with their only source of life, was wholly conditional on their obedience to their Creator.
And might I take the liberty and add to this statement by saying; which Satan made to appear as if God was in the business of short changing and giving them a less than best deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken and brakelite
B

brakelite

And might I take the liberty and add to this statement by saying; which Satan made to appear as if God was was in the business of short changing and giving them a less than best deal.
And Satan doesn't seem to have the imagination to change that either...Christians today think that obedience handicaps them. But I suppose when your onto a good thing....

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe they've been blotted out of the book of life?
Blot out means:
1. The name has to be there in the first place.
2. It can be "blotted out"...erased...deleted...removed.

No name in the Book of Life.

Every man ever Naturally Born Alive, has their NAME in Gods Book of Life.
...IF they Truly believed IN Gods WORD 'when' their physical body Died, their departed Living soul, IS with God.
...And their NAME shall Remain in Gods Book of Life.
...THEY have obtained eternal Life.

No eternal life.

IF a man physically Lived, during the time Christ Jesus Arrived, (and to this day and forward) and HEARD and Truly BELIEVED (He IS the Word of God in the Flesh) in their HEART and submitted their Natural Life TO Him...
At the TIME of their True Submission and Conversion, THEIR NAME becomes Entered into the "Lambs Book of Life" and their NAME, Shall Never Be Blotted Out, of:
...Gods Book of Life
Or
...The Lambs Book of Life.

Those IN the Lambs Book of Life;
Shall be "participants" "in" the Wedding Supper, They Being the "Bride of Christ".
(The "participants" are CALLED, Christ's Church).

Those "not in the Lambs Book of Life"...
But WHO REMAIN in Gods Book of Life...
Shall be "guests" and "witnesses" "at" the Wedding Supper.

Both the ... "participants" and "witnesses"
"Are" / "Shall" be;
Called Gods People
Called God Inheritance
Called Israel

The missing Avatars of Rollo have nothing whatsoever to do with his NAME in Gods Book of Life or The Lamb's Book of Life.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are splitting hairs which the scripture does not split. You are either in or out, don't make a mistake on that!

The mistake is not acknowledging that it is his part that is being taken out and thus as a result, his place is taken out of the city of God.

It did not say His name was taken out of the Book of life. If it was splitting hair, then ask why it did not say it was the name that was being taken out?

As specific as the Book of Revelation is for having the dire consequence when adding a word or taking out a word, why not say that it was the name that was being taken out of the Book of life rather than "his part"? So it is important to take that specific word "his part" as having his place taken out of the City of God, and not His name.

Especially when in that same Book of Revelation, Revelation 3:5 says that He will never, not by any reasons, blot out the name in the Book of Life.

The word "not" in Revelations 3:5 was derived from a Greek word(s) "ou mh" that is a double negative which is necessary to cite for when Jesus as being the "he" that overcomes for the unrepentant saint that got left behind; but not for the saint that overcomes which many believers misread the "he" as a reference to mean.

All the closing verses to each of the 7 churches in Revelations, even the 2 good ones, are for those when Christ has to overcome for those saints that did not heed His warnings nor His exhortations that gets left behind. If you really look at those rewards of Him overcoming for those saints, they belong to those saints in coming out of the great tribulation as serving the King of kings all over the world in raising up the generations in the millennium reign.

That is why the power of the second death will not be over those saints coming out of the great tribulation because of His promise in Revelation 3:5.

But only Christ Jesus can help you see that. I did not see that for the longest time.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Every man ever Naturally Born Alive, has their NAME in Gods Book of Life.
...IF they Truly believed IN Gods WORD 'when' their physical body Died, their departed Living soul, IS with God.
...And their NAME shall Remain in Gods Book of Life.
...THEY have obtained eternal Life.

IF a man physically Lived, during the time Christ Jesus Arrived, (and to this day and forward) and HEARD and Truly BELIEVED (He IS the Word of God in the Flesh) in their HEART and submitted their Natural Life TO Him...
At the TIME of their True Submission and Conversion, THEIR NAME becomes Entered into the "Lambs Book of Life" and their NAME, Shall Never Be Blotted Out, of:
...Gods Book of Life
Or
...The Lambs Book of Life.

Those IN the Lambs Book of Life;
Shall be "participants" "in" the Wedding Supper, They Being the "Bride of Christ".
(The "participants" are CALLED, Christ's Church).

Those "not in the Lambs Book of Life"...
But WHO REMAIN in Gods Book of Life...
Shall be "guests" and "witnesses" "at" the Wedding Supper.

Both the ... "participants" and "witnesses"
"Are" / "Shall" be;
Called Gods People
Called God Inheritance
Called Israel

The missing Avatars of Rollo have nothing whatsoever to do with his NAME in Gods Book of Life or The Lamb's Book of Life.

God Bless,
Taken
So you think Rollo still has a chance to be saved even though his avatars are missing? His name could actually still be in the Lamb's Book of Life?
Wow. God is so good.

You love long posts, I don't.
Here's the bottom line and what the N.T. confirms...

If you believe in God and are living for Him when you die you go to be with Him.

If you don't believe in Him and are not living for Him when you die, you go to be with the other one.

IOW, you go to be with the one you are serving at the time of your death.

Uncomfortable, isn't it?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think Rollo still has a chance to be saved even though his avatars are missing? His name could actually still be in the Lamb's Book of Life?
Wow. God is so good.

You love long posts, I don't.
Here's the bottom line and what the N.T. confirms...

If you believe in God and are living for Him when you die you go to be with Him.

If you don't believe in Him and are not living for Him when you die, you go to be with the other one.

IOW, you go to be with the one you are serving at the time of your death.

Uncomfortable, isn't it?

Must be uncomfortable for you listening for a whole hour in Church.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mistake is not acknowledging that it is his part that is being taken out and thus as a result, his place is taken out of the city of God.

It did not say His name was taken out of the Book of life. If it was splitting hair, then ask why it did not say it was the name that was being taken out?

As specific as the Book of Revelation is for having the dire consequence when adding a word or taking out a word, why not say that it was the name that was being taken out of the Book of life rather than "his part"? So it is important to take that specific word "his part" as having his place taken out of the City of God, and not His name.

Especially when in that same Book of Revelation, Revelation 3:5 says that He will never, not by any reasons, blot out the name in the Book of Life.

The word "not" in Revelations 3:5 was derived from a Greek word(s) "ou mh" that is a double negative which is necessary to cite for when Jesus as being the "he" that overcomes for the unrepentant saint that got left behind; but not for the saint that overcomes which many believers misread the "he" as a reference to mean.

All the closing verses to each of the 7 churches in Revelations, even the 2 good ones, are for those when Christ has to overcome for those saints that did not heed His warnings nor His exhortations that gets left behind. If you really look at those rewards of Him overcoming for those saints, they belong to those saints in coming out of the great tribulation as serving the King of kings all over the world in raising up the generations in the millennium reign.

That is why the power of the second death will not be over those saints coming out of the great tribulation because of His promise in Revelation 3:5.

But only Christ Jesus can help you see that. I did not see that for the longest time.

You have helped one to see...
Jesus meant "Place" not "part" as Jesus said.

And you are calling the "UN-saved "saints" AND saying, they are left behind.

Those left behind are not "saints".
There shall be men DURING the Tribulation who Shall become Saved, become saints, and their body Spiritually and physically dead and their soul raised up to heaven.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have helped one to see...
Jesus meant "Place" not "part" as Jesus said.

Revelation 22:19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

When you take his part out of the Book of life, notice what is also being taken out of the holy city? His place.

And you are calling the "UN-saved "saints" AND saying, they are left behind.

Those left behind are not "saints".

How do you explain the consequence to the church at Thyatira that if they do not repent, they will be cast into the bed of the great tribulation?

There shall be men DURING the Tribulation who Shall become Saved, become saints, and their body Spiritually and physically dead and their soul raised up to heaven.

You mean during the great tribulation? At any rate, I agree with that application as happening during the great tribulation.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22:19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

When you take his part out of the Book of life, notice what is also being taken out of the holy city? His place.

How do you explain the consequence to the church at Thyatira that if they do not repent, they will be cast into the bed of the great tribulation?

You mean during the great tribulation? At any rate, I agree with that application as happening during the great tribulation.

Point being, you changing "part" to "place" without explanation to show a connection of both words relating to the same thing, it merely looks like you are changing Jesus' Word.

It says...
A mans Part, out of the book or Life
And
A mans Part, out of the the holy city.

God Bless,
Taken

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point being, you changing "part" to "place" without explanation to show a connection of both words relating to the same thing, it merely looks like you are changing Jesus' Word.

It says...
A mans Part, out of the book or Life
And
A mans Part, out of the the holy city.

God Bless,
Taken

Well, I see portion as relating to a believer's part in Luke 12:40-49 from which he loses his place at the Supper table as well as his mansion in the city of God; John 14:1-3

I understand you that you are limiting part without actually understanding what that part is referring to, but I see it that part when taken out of the Book of Life, his part as in his place in the City of God is being taken out as a result. It being synonymous does signify the meaning of what that part is..

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I see portion as relating to a believer's part in Luke 12:40-49 from which he loses his place at the Supper table as well as his mansion in the city of God; John 14:1-3

I understand you that you are limiting part "without actually understanding what that part is referring to," but I see it that part when taken out of the Book of Life, his part as in his place in the City of God is being taken out as a result. It being synonymous does signify the meaning of what that part is..

How did you determine I do not understand?
I was simply reponding to you to see what is YOUR understanding....

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did you determine I do not understand?
I was simply reponding to you to see what is YOUR understanding....

Are we at an impasse in the course of our discussion? It looks that way. Oh well.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
When did you stop taking your meds and attending psychotherapy?
There's a reason why I asked you if you've stopped beating your husband.
You tried to entrap me...it doesn't work with me.

In YOUR reply above, instead, you are just showing, once again, how those that believe salvation cannot be lost act as THEY want to and not as GOD wants them to.

Thanks for another example,,,as I've seen many.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What SAY you IS a mans Part that IS in the Book of Life that can be taken out?

Self explanatory...
IF -THEN

IF - THEY FAIL to Repent
THEN - THEIR Consequence is suffer the results of the Great Tribulation....which is already established as resulting in eternity without God.

It is a teaching and WARNING of what men can do to Choose their own final outcome.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a reason why I asked you if you've stopped beating your husband.
You tried to entrap me...it doesn't work with me.

No I did not try to "entrap" you.

If you are going to make statements, who EXACTLY should be accountable for what you say?

In YOUR reply above, instead, you are just showing, once again, how those that believe salvation cannot be lost

And Who Exactly can you identify who says Salvation can NOT be lost, that that is an issue?

act as THEY want to and not as GOD wants them to.

Identify....THEY...with the Quote Feature, saying what you have said, "THEY" claim.